4-year old boy 'tasered' by kindergarten teacher in Thailand

webfact

Jeez, no wonder the average IQ in Thailand is about 90 ...

....I read somewhere it was around 70..?? thats average..anyways its the 1% Elite-super brains that run everything,the rest is just fodder thumbsup.gif

I was informed a while back that there have been 3 studies into Thai MALE IQ by Chulalongkorn Uni. In all three, the highest AVERAGE score was 91, and the lowest 88. Females did better but I don't know the average scores for them.

So, Thailand is 10% below the average male IQ of the Western world. If I'm not mistaken Hong Kong came out top with an average IQ of 107, but they have a very strong work ethic there. That may skew the score.

However, the words 'work' and 'ethic' in the same sentence in Thailand are rarely encountered together ...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. Amazing this guy still has his job!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That word 'accountability' springs to mind again.

It appears that the kid may have been tasered more than once. How on earth he hasn't been lynched by the boys family yet I'll never know.

because the family are still hoping they will get a payoff compensation.

We all know this! Doesn't make it right though does it???

Would compensation stop you from 'lynching' someone that's tasered your 4 year old? NO! Didn't think so.

What next? Is Somdit69 the Thai apologist gonna tell us it happens in western schools and not to Thai bash???

Compensation DOESN'T justify or make the situation in any way better to accept. This is sickening to say the least and people that can't see it and talking about 'compo' need their heads testing, the kid was 4 <deleted>!

Edited by lostmebike
  • Like 1

From Wikipedia on Education in Thailand -

Thai teachers

Following the announcement of the University of Cambridge to launch a new course and qualification for non-native speaker teachers, a survey was carried out in February 2006, with the collaboration of the University of Cambridge as part of a field trial, by one of the country's largest groups of independent schools of its 400 or so teachers of English.

The project reported that in over 60% of the teachers, the knowledge of the language and teaching methodology was below that of the syllabus level which they were teaching. Some teachers for age group 11, or lower, in the language were attempting to teach age groups 15, 16, and even 17. Of the remaining top 40%, only 3% had a reasonable level of fluency and only 20% were teaching grades for which they were qualified and competent.

Within the group of over 40 schools representing nearly 80,000 students in primary and secondary education, random parallel test groups of primary school pupils often scored higher in some tests than many of the teachers in other schools of the same group. The schools resisted the initiative of the central governing body to provide intensive upgrading programmes for the teachers. In spite of the evidence, the schools doubted the results and, to save face, argued that their teachers had qualified through their universities and colleges and either had nothing more to learn or could not afford the time.

In the government schools the standards are similar and many primary teachers freely admit that they are forced to teach English although they have little or no knowledge of the language. A debate began in academic circles as to whether teaching English badly during the most influential years is better than not teaching it at primary level. Whatever results that any formal research may provide, there clearly exists room for much improvement.

The situation is further exacerbated by a curriculum, which in its endeavour to improve standards and facilitate learning, is subject to frequent change, and thus misinterpreted into syllabuses by the teachers themselves at levels often far too advanced for the cognitive development of the students.

His lucky day it was not my child......

You care more about the child's health and happiness than only going to Police like this mother when she did not get the money.

I alway find it amusing that there are those that would believe the story of this liar, who insisted a sleeping child fell on his taser, and there are alway those that seek to defend the defenceless actions of such a liar, but it is a common statement coming from Farangs (Thai's and money)!

cheers

Compensation DOESN'T justify or make the situation in any way better to accept.

....no democracy = no rule of law = compensation .... someone dies - someone pays...that is the way things work here...it often keeps someone else from dying if the price is right.

We have 13 year old that sometimes comes to help in the weekend in the shop to make a bit extra money.

He tells the teachers in his school (government school again) beat the children up almost daily.

If you look at his level he's at least 3 years behind on the children in the better private schools.

The first day of the school year they asked the parents, while they were standing in a big group on the schools playground, to raise their hand if they would have a problem with the teachers hitting the children ... none of the parents dared to raise his/her hand.

Edited by kriswillems

Compensation DOESN'T justify or make the situation in any way better to accept.

....no democracy = no rule of law = compensation .... someone dies - someone pays...that is the way things work here...it often keeps someone else from dying if the price is right.

Great justification there, thanks.wink.png

If someone tasered your 4 year old, what would you do?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow.. Amazing this guy still has his job!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That word 'accountability' springs to mind again.

It appears that the kid may have been tasered more than once. How on earth he hasn't been lynched by the boys family yet I'll never know.

because the family are still hoping they will get a payoff compensation.

We all know this! Doesn't make it right though does it???

Would compensation stop you from 'lynching' someone that's tasered your 4 year old? NO! Didn't think so.

What next? Is Somdit69 the Thai apologist gonna tell us it happens in western schools and not to Thai bash???

Compensation DOESN'T justify or make the situation in any way better to accept. This is sickening to say the least and people that can't see it and talking about 'compo' need their heads testing, the kid was 4 &lt;deleted&gt;!

Many posters are not recognizing that (rightly or wrongly) the monetary pay off / compensate approach is quite common in Thailand and has been for quite a while.

The police themselves routinely suggest monetary pays off to settle cases, often because they just don't want to go through any structured process of investigation and then decisions & actions as defined by the law.

Edited by scorecard

Must have been a pretty pathetic taser.

This is what happens with a real taser...kids thought it was pretty funny.

Does it really matter a &lt;deleted&gt; whether it was a pathetic taser or a real one, this was a 4 year old on the receiving end.

How about you coming forward and volunteering for a shot up the arse from this pathetic taser - not interested didn't think so - just all mouth. So how about keeping your pathetic comments to yourself.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many stories of teachers in Thailand routinely slapping, hitting or using implements to inflict pain.

Teachers routinley punishing children is a sign of poor teaching standards.

It also speaks volumes for the society in which it is allowed. Backward mentality has not benefited from the conventional wisdom depicted in research re: corporal punishment.

I suppose it's to be expected.

All over the country almost every Thai teacher seems to be a village peasant. Doing the job to get 10k p/m and free government loans and mortgages.

So who is 'educating' the nation? jungle village idiots that find beating children funny and enjoy watching cartoons aimed at 5 year olds.

• Like 2

A four year old? This bloke is a sick puppy. You have to wonder at his motivation for working in childcare in the first place. And you have to wonder at the school for employing someone like that. I don't believe for one moment that this 'prank' would have been an isolated incident.

The kids pushed each other so the boy fell against the taser.

With his butt ???

Where did the teacher hold the taser ?

At knee height ??

For that is the height where a 4 year old boy's butt would be.

Is he for real ??

Ludicrous that they even talk about it.

Threatening 4 year old kids with a taser should be enough to fire the guy and throw him in jail.

The fact that he actually tasered a 4 year old boy should make it a long jail sentence.

The management of this school, who tried to disguise it as a prank, should also be fired.

They obviously cannot be trusted with taking care of children.

His lucky day it was not my child......

You care more about the child's health and happiness than only going to Police like this mother when she did not get the money.

I alway find it amusing that there are those that would believe the story of this liar, who insisted a sleeping child fell on his taser, and there are alway those that seek to defend the defenceless actions of such a liar, but it is a common statement coming from Farangs (Thai's and money)!

cheers

Thanks Kikoman. Good comment. First time i say I agree with you 100%.