Military bunkers in Bangkok adjusted

webfact

Military bunkers in capital adjusted
By Digital Content

13941880369909.jpg

BANGKOK, March 7 - The army has adjusted military bunkers built place near tourist attractions in the capital to make them look softer and blend in with the environment, an army spokesman said on Friday.

Army spokesman Winthai Suvari said the adjustment was in line with the instruction of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra who is also concurrently caretaker defence minister.

Ms Yingluck earlier asked the army to adjust the bunkers for fear that theyit might scare away tourists and hurting the country's image.

To ensure public safety, the army put up military bunkers in the capital following frequent attacks near and at rally sites of the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

Recently the protesters have relocated their rally sites and converged at the only one location at Lumpini Park.

Col Winthai assured the public that the bunkers would not cause any trouble for them.

Soldiers at one such emplacement told a Thai News Agency reporter that they had placed some flower pots to decorate their bunker for some time and shortly afterwards Bangkokians began bringing some more. (MCOT online news)

Photo Credit: Phattanan@tv9

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-07

• Like 1

Saw one of those bunkers today! Curious how they seemed more menacing instead of less. I think camoflaging them makes them morr hidden but once noticed their is no feeling of security. Better if they remained visible to make people aware they are there to protect you. A visual detterent is much more effective than this hidden one

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thesetat2013

Wow, the Army doing what the defence minister has ordered... I need to verify where this source of info is really coming from. And Scamper remember the PRDC have banned police from their sites as well as hindered investigations. Your post is null and void of any real fact IMO. How about the PRDC let the police IN to do their jobs?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

*GIANT FACEPALM* facepalm.gif What does she care anyway - she's hiding out in the north burning through tax payer's money with her private jet flights.

Just like Ministers in the west. Is there really any relevancy apparent? Maybe only to the Ammart and middle class of Bangkok perhaps.

From looking at the picture the Army should just turn the bunkers into full time plant/flower shops....make some side money while guarding the country.

Ohh I think that they do this quite well already.

• Like 1

*GIANT FACEPALM* facepalm.gif What does she care anyway - she's hiding out in the north burning through tax payer's money with her private jet flights.

Sad but true.

She is spending time in the massive majority of the country that exists outside of Bangkok.

even more so, the massive area of BKK that exists outside of Luminin Park :)

She was right to tell them to dress up as sissies with flowers seeing as they can't behave like a real army that is there to protect the country from fascist mobs.

From the Earth to Citizen Yingluck : Tourists feel more safe by the presence of the army, because your police didn't do their job to protect the citizens on the streets.

I know I would much rather see soldiers on Sukhumvit than the police.

In 2010 and again this year, the police were NOWHERE to been seen during the protests. In 2010 I remember the reassuring presence of the military around town during the total absence of the totally useless police.

I sure hope complete, top to bottom, reform of the police is a top priority once poo leaves the building.

It's all about free will.

If you are happy for you, your family members or friends to be beaten to death on a whim by some drug crazed maniac PDRC guard, it's your choice.

If this is really what Thais want, this is what they will get. If they don't want it, we won't get it. Lets see.

• Like 1

WhizBang, on 07 Mar 2014 - 20:26, said:WhizBang, on 07 Mar 2014 - 20:26, said:
Scamper, on 07 Mar 2014 - 17:54, said:Scamper, on 07 Mar 2014 - 17:54, said:

From the Earth to Citizen Yingluck : Tourists feel more safe by the presence of the army, because your police didn't do their job to protect the citizens on the streets.

I know I would much rather see soldiers on Sukhumvit than the police.

In 2010 and again this year, the police were NOWHERE to been seen during the protests. In 2010 I remember the reassuring presence of the military around town during the total absence of the totally useless police.

I sure hope complete, top to bottom, reform of the police is a top priority once poo leaves the building.

It's curious how certain people suffer from selective alzheimers when it suits their particular agenda.

1155175275.jpg

• Like 2

brilliant idea ! Thai is getting very cosy with military personnel. seriously, just bring them some more flowers, they are deserved !

one day when they have too much flowers , not a bad idea they start selling flowers and plants from the bunkers too ! love it !

Wow, the Army doing what the defence minister has ordered... I need to verify where this source of info is really coming from. And Scamper remember the PRDC have banned police from their sites as well as hindered investigations. Your post is null and void of any real fact IMO. How about the PRDC let the police IN to do their jobs?

The Police don't have to be "in " the protest site.... just out side would suffice ..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app