Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None of the airlines at airports in this region can check passports on any kind of international database.

UPDATE [1.20pm]: Department of Civil Aviation clarifies earlier statement by the Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein, saying only two – not four – passengers had boarded the flight using stolen passports.

CCTV footage shows the two individuals from the check-in point to departure. Footage will be used for investigations.

my yahoo news

Sad news. Was it not a 777 from Turkish Airlines that crashed on on aproach to Schipol? I also think an AF 777 crashed on the way from an African island on the way to CDG?

You are correct, it was not.

The only crashes involving a 777 were San Francisco (pilot error) and Heathrow (presumed to be ice in the fuel).

It's generally a very safe plane.

What are the chances of two stolen passports, both stolen at separate times and places, of accidentally turning up on board the same downed aircraft ?

The work of Chinese ethnic separatist groups maybe ? A lot more to come on this story.

IMHO the terrorist angle is the most likely scenario at the moment given the lack of any wreckage being found.

What are the chances of two stolen passports, both stolen at separate times and places, of accidentally turning up on board the same downed aircraft ?

The work of Chinese ethnic separatist groups maybe ? A lot more to come on this story.

IMHO the terrorist angle is the most likely scenario at the moment given the lack of any wreckage being found.

Tickets on the stolen passports were -according to receipts- both purchased from an agent in PYX. That's Pattaya....

Sad news. Was it not a 777 from Turkish Airlines that crashed on on aproach to Schipol? I also think an AF 777 crashed on the way from an African island on the way to CDG?

You are correct, it was not.

The only crashes involving a 777 were San Francisco (pilot error) and Heathrow (presumed to be ice in the fuel).

It's generally a very safe plane.

Sorry for my ignorance. It was just from the top of my head.

Bad news anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Chinese family makes contact with missing passenger's phone

Beijing - The family of a Chinese passenger missing on flight MH370 have made contact with his mobile phone and Malaysian authorities are trying to use the signal to locate the plane, Chinese state television reported on Sunday.

Beijing Television said it also called the man’s mobile phone and appeared to connect with it before the call was cut off.

The Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777-200 plane disappeared early Saturday as it was carrying 227 passengers, most of them Chinese, and 12 crew to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-09

It has been reported on nz news that there may have been 4 people on board with stolen passports

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More than likely those stolen passports represented human traffickers that were on board.

Tickets on the stolen passports were -according to receipts- both purchased from an agent in PYX. That's Pattaya....

Do you have a source fort this information ?

They are so low that are even hard to calculate.

A terrible blow for Malaysia Airlines (already loaded into debts), for all Malaysia if this will turn out to be a terrorist attack and the whole region

I ask myself: with all the controls there are now, wasn't possible to detect that two of the passport IDs were of passports reported stolen ?

Last time I have travelled to the USA from Bangkok at the airline desk they made my wait over 1 hour while checking all information about myself, despite I have a visa waiver for USA, the pre-approval card in order and i had travelled to USA more than 100 times in the 15 past years.

Edited by max72

Well, that italian guy said his passport was stolen in Thailand. He heard the news of his name in TV and inmediately called his family and the Italian embassy to assure he was safe and sound. That's strange there had been no claim of responsability by any terrorist group so far.

The aerial photo of the Oil Slick, to me, looks more like the usual slime floating in the oceans here, after ships have washed out their tanks and pumped them over the side.....

And surely there would be some debris around right?

Not if it were Aliens..

I feel very sorry for the relatives of all passengers.....the anguish of not knowing.

The lack of any wreckage being found is irrelevant. What indicates a terrorist bombing is that there was no communication from the cockpit of any inflight problem. That indicates a sudden catastrophe in which the crew had no time to communicate, the most likely reason being an explosion causing the plane to drop out of the sky.

Don't flight recorders have a transmitter in them to aid recovery after an air crash?

Any comments?

All have an ELT (Emergency Location Transmitter) that activates on impact or manually. It sends out an emergency signal for 30 days or more. If under water, it can still be seen but distance may be shortened depending on water depth.

Don't flight recorders have a transmitter in them to aid recovery after an air crash?

Any comments?

Yes they are called black boxes.

Perhaps they are down into the Indian Ocean and unable to transmit.

I remember the case of that plane Air France from Brazil to France which got desintegrated in the air.

In that case, it was a problem of the speed sensor, not a terrorist attack.

Now this is also interesting due to the location being 180 degrees out of

the flight path....

"UPDATE [8.30am]: Bernama reports the Department of Civil Aviation will extend the search and rescue operation to the Straits of Malacca, Malaysian authorities are now awaiting the latest satellite imagery for any signs of wreckage from flight MH370."

Source...http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

180 degrees out of flight path would put it right back into the flight path..... :-)

Sorry.....I'll get my coat....

Maybe terrorists mailed in a message but the letter got lost in the mail?

But it would mean they are 2 isolated terrorists not related with any group.

Otherwise, the group would have claimed responsability.

That's strange.

I am thinking about Uighur separatists from China or Southern Thai Islamic extremists, but why would they attack a Malaysian airline ,which belongs to an Islamic country ?That's murky.

I am afraid a very dark page of history has been written. Let's get prepared for some shocking details.

Yes they are called black boxes.

Perhaps they are down into the Indian Ocean and unable to transmit.

But if i am not wrong they are able to transmit a signal for 30 days

They should.

But in some cases even black boxes can be damaged. I don't know the exact details, but there were cases like that Air France flight from Brazil to France when black boxes weerent transmitting.

That's strange.

I am thinking about Uighur separatists from China or Southern Thai Islamic extremists, but why would they attack a Malaysian airline ,which belongs to an Islamic country ?That's murky.

I am afraid a very dark page of history has been written. Let's get prepared for some shocking details.

in the eyes of Islamic extremists, those Muslims who fail to take up jihad against the Western infidels are almost as guilty as infidels themselves...

Having said that, the majority of passengers are listed as Chinese, and probably that is normal for this flight, so it seems less likely that people from a Muslim country were the target

Edited by bluegum

That's strange.

in the eyes of Islamic extremists, those Muslims who fail to take up jihad against the Western infidels are almost as guilty as infidels themselves...

Having said that, the majority of passengers are listed as Chinese, and probably that is normal for this flight, so it seems less likely that people from a Muslim country were the target

That could lead us towards the Uighur separatists, the same group who organized that horrible stabbing spree in Kunming few days ago.

But how the other forumist said, this perfile https://www.facebook.com/luigi.maramaraldi of the italian guy whose passport was stolen and used to board the flight, is barely a face which could resemble an Uighur or a Malay.

If they changed the photographs, the name , nationality and place of birth is still Luigi Mara from Cesena, Italy.

Everything is very murky, we are just trying to guess what happened, but the whole story is really scaring.