Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So was he having an affair with a married woman in a muslim nation?

Well if you are right. Then I hope that this women will realize the sheer weight of the situation she is in and comes forward quickly to put this line of inquiry to bed.

Planes, ships involved in search for Flight MH370

30229856-01_big.jpg

SYDNEY Japans Maritime Self-Defense Force Personnel pose for pictures near a PC3 aircraft before taking off for Australia to join the search operation for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at the Royal Malaysian Air Force base in Subang on Sunday.

The Australian-led search for Flight MH370 was ramped up Sunday after a plane spotted unidentified debris in the Indian Ocean, following fresh Chinese satellite images showing a large floating object in the same remote region.

Eight aircraft, some carrying state-of-the-art submarine-hunting technology, joined one of Australia’s largest naval ships Sunday in the southern corridor search zone, focusing on a 59,000-square-kilometre (23,000-square-mile) expanse of sea.

Here is a breakdown of the ships and planes involved in the operation:

AIR

- One US Navy P-8A Poseidon surveillance aircraft. The Poseidon carries next-generation ultra-high definition electro-optic cameras and sensors, capable of detecting and zeroing in on small objects on the water’s surface. 400 such hits during initial searches out of Malaysia. Can fly 7,500km without refuelling. Unveiled in November at the Dubai Airshow

- One New Zealand P3 Orion. The Orion has sophisticated radar, infrared detectors, magnetic anomaly detectors and acoustic detectors designed to locate enemy submarines. 15 hours’ endurance.

- Two Australian P3 Orions and four civilian aircraft with volunteer spotters: two Bombardier Global Express jets, one Gulfstream 5, one Airbus A319

- Two Chinese Ilyushin IL-76 military transport carriers have arrived in Perth ahead of operational deployment

- Two Japanese P3 Orions are en route to Perth

SEA

- Australia’s HMAS Success support ship on active search duties. The vessel, 157 metres in length, is the largest ship built in the country for the Royal Australian Navy. It is designed to offer logistics support to naval combat vessels. It has a large deck and cranes with a lift capacity of about two tonnes

- Britain’s HMS Echo has been tasked to the hunt. The ship is designed to carry out a wide range of survey work, including support to submarine and amphibious operations

- Seven Chinese rescue and navy ships are en route to the search zone along with Antarctic icebreaker Xue Long

- Norwegian merchant vessel Hoegh St Petersburg has been released from search efforts.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-23

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well if you are right. Then I hope that this women will realize the sheer weight of the situation she is in and comes forward quickly to put this line of inquiry to bed.

And risk the personal consequences that adultery or sex while single has in a muslim nation with sharia law - very unlikely.

The woman that claims to have seen the plane in the ocean,,, ALSO said she saw what looked like, "floats" on either side,, escape ramps/rafts?..... IF so,, that means the plane made a controled water landing, and was in decent enough shape, to actually deploy the chutes... IF so?... there were most likely, survivors,,, Of course this is IF she DID actually see what she claims.....

" Two Chinese Ilyushin IL-76 military transport carriers have arrived in Perth ahead of operational deployment "

WOW ! What the hell are the Chinese taking with them that requires 2 IL-76's ?

Edited by coma

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And risk the personal consequences that adultery or sex while single has in a muslim nation with sharia law - very unlikely.

Or risk the inevitable consequences of being eventually tracked down and accused of terrorism. Authorities will NOT rest until this women is found.wink.png

" Two Chinese Ilyushin IL-76 military transport carriers have arrived in Perth ahead of operational deployment "

Helicopter(s), Amphibious craft? smile.png

800px-Air_Almaty_-_IL-76T-001.jpg

Ok....let's clear up the case of the Malaysian woman who claims to have seen an aircraft ditched between Chennai and the Nicobar Islands.

• She was on a Saudi Arabian flight that originated in Saudi and flying back to KL.
  • She said she saw what looked like an aircraft with tail in the ocean at around 08:30am Malaysian time on the 8th. "It was a silvery thing that looked like a plane"
  • She noted the time and location from the IFE monitors in the cabin.
  • She claims she never sleeps on planes and spends her time looking out of the window.
  • She reported it to the Saudi stewardess who told her to shut the blinds and didn't believe her.
  • On arrival at KLIA at 4pm on the 8th she told her waiting family what she had seen. Her family told her that just that same morning, MH370 had been listed as missing by Malaysian Airlines.
  • On her return home in the southern state of Johor, she filed a police report that afternoon...the 8th March.

No one....remember no one....on the 8th March was remotely thinking that the aircraft had diverted west. Everyone was scrambling to look for the aircraft in the South China Sea/Gulf of Thailand region - NOT in the Andaman sea or Indian Ocean. It was several days before that theory was firmed up. And until she was in the terminal at KLIA, there was no way to know that MH370 was missing.

She was that sure of what she had seen that she filed a police report. Further, for those of you saying it's impossible to see a plane from 35,000 feet....next time, look up at the skies and if you see contrails, you will also spot the aircraft and also be able to see if it has 2, 3 or 4 engines. It is not beyond the possibility that she did see something. And you can clearly see aircraft landing from many miles away.

Additionally, I've gone back and looked at photos that I've taken out the windows of planes during the day and it is extremely hard to make out any detail from that height. Even straight down, it is possible to identify that there's an boat or building or whatever, but hard to make out detail. Only toward landing do things get close enough to start seeing detail. She's 53. How good is her eyesight particularly after hours on a plane? What does she mean by wing and tail? Two separate pieces? One wing? One piece consisting of a wing, section of the fuselage, and the tail?

Maybe the aircraft was not flying at 35000 ft but at a lower altitude as it approached KL.

Quite possible. Great pic of it by the way.

I just read down in the IL -76'S variant section in WIKI and found that there is indeed a SAR version.

• Il-76PSD: SAR version of Il-76MF

It will be interesting to see what exactly they are deploying.

Or risk the inevitable consequences of being eventually tracked down and accused of terrorism. Authorities will NOT rest until this women is found.wink.png

So what would you do, take a guaranteed jail term and whipping, and perhaps even the risk of being killed at the hands of her husband or Father, or as you are not a terrorist and that could be shown if required, wait and see if they track you? I am sure the woman would love to clear the mans name if it is appropriate, but the problem with sharia nations is that when you rule by fear then you need to expect people to be fearful about telling the truth. And somebody at the moment could do with telling the truth.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Anyway 35000 feet is a distance you can't recognize a maybe 50 meter long object.

I just flew from US to Bkk via Korea, 2 flights. I always get window seats because I like looking at what's below. I seem to recall my flights were flying closer to 30k ft. than 35k. Anyhow, I saw truck headlights, and cabin lights (Kamkatchka) at night, and boats (and small icebergs in N. Atlantic on another flight) at sea, during day. I find it plausible that the Malaysian woman could have seen a plane on an expanse of sea, particularly if the plane had its emergency exit floats (white color) splayed out.

Her telling is even more realistic when she mentions how her friends on the plane just laughed and shook their heads when she told them, and then the stewardess smiled and said something like, "just get some sleep", and closed her window shade.

Anyway 35000 feet is a distance you can't recognize a maybe 50 meter long object.

I just flew from US to Bkk via Korea, 2 flights. I always get window seats because I like looking at what's below. I seem to recall my flights were flying closer to 30k ft. than 35k. Anyhow, I saw truck headlights, and cabin lights (Kamkatchka) at night, and boats (and small icebergs in N. Atlantic on another flight) at sea, during day. I find it plausible that the Malaysian woman could have seen a plane on an expanse of sea, particularly if the plane had its emergency exit floats (white color) splayed out.

Her telling is even more realistic when she mentions how her friends on the plane just laughed and shook their heads when she told them, and then the stewardess smiled and said something like, "just get some sleep", and closed her window shade.

And also not forgetting that she said it when she had no idea that anybody would even be looking there. It is going to be a bit of a bummer if there were survivors who have subsequently died in the last 2 weeks waiting for rescue.

the best way to find the pings from the black boxes is to have subs listening for the pings under water ,maybe they're keeping it quiet if subs are on station .

a ping would be heard a long way off by modern subs listening devices.

they're already prolly 2 miles deep as it is so ships wouldn't locate em from the surface.

if there were survivors in life rafts i presume there's beacons and flares on board to alert passing ships and planes

Edited by 3NUMBAS

Ok....let's clear up the case of the Malaysian woman who claims to have seen an aircraft ditched between Chennai and the Nicobar Islands.

• She was on a Saudi Arabian flight that originated in Saudi and flying back to KL.
  • She said she saw what looked like an aircraft with tail in the ocean at around 08:30am Malaysian time on the 8th. "It was a silvery thing that looked like a plane"
  • She claims she never sleeps on planes and spends her time looking out of the window.
  • She reported it to the Saudi stewardess who told her to shut the blinds and didn't believe her.
  • On arrival at KLIA at 4pm on the 8th she told her waiting family what she had seen. Her family told her that just that same morning, MH370 had been listed as missing by Malaysian Airlines.
  • On her return home in the southern state of Johor, she filed a police report that afternoon...the 8th March.
No one....remember no one....on the 8th March was remotely thinking that the aircraft had diverted west. Everyone was scrambling to look for the aircraft in the South China Sea/Gulf of Thailand region - NOT in the Andaman sea or Indian Ocean. It was several days before that theory was firmed up. And until she was in the terminal at KLIA, there was no way to know that MH370 was missing.

She was that sure of what she had seen that she filed a police report. Further, for those of you saying it's impossible to see a plane from 35,000 feet....next time, look up at the skies and if you see contrails, you will also spot the aircraft and also be able to see if it has 2, 3 or 4 engines. It is not beyond the possibility that she did see something. And you can clearly see aircraft landing from many miles away.

Hi,

There seems to be some inconsistencies regarding the times mentioned. The lady saw the aircraft ditched in the water between chennai and Nicobar at approx 0830 KL time. If halfway between the two points then the aircraft would arrive in KL at approx 11am. The report states she arrived at 4pm.

Could it be conceivable to see a Boeing 777, intact on the oceans surface. Personally I think so having sat there for hours on end looking out of the windows.

Did she perhaps see another aircraft, opposite direction thousands of feet below. Quite possible, as trying to judge height and distance whilst airborne is very difficult to measure with any degree of accuracy.

I can't comment on all slide rafts but the ones I have seen are silver in colour. They become more visible when the slide raft roof is attached.

If the aircraft had ditched successfully then why did the ELT's located in the door bustles not trigger when in contact with the water ?

I am pretty sure the Indian authorities have made an extensive search in the Bay of Bengal and therefore discounted the report.

I have also heard reports of the aircraft heading South until it runs out fuel and then the automation will allow a shallow controlled descent into the ocean. If both engines flameout due to fuel starvation then one of the many results of that is that the autopilot will disconnect. With a incapacitated crew and no autopilot available the aircraft will enter the ocean in a very much uncontrolled state I reckon.

Edited by khaosai

The Malaysians were recently calling for undersea searches, so hopefully the IL76s have a deep-sea submersible on board?

They would need to be very confident they are on the right track, if they were to deploy such a vehicle without actually knowing where the wreck lay.

Hi,

There seems to be some inconsistencies regarding the times mentioned. The lady saw the aircraft ditched in the water between chennai and Nicobar at approx 0830 KL time. If halfway between the two points then the aircraft would arrive in KL at approx 11am. The report states she arrived at 4pm.

Could it be conceivable to see a Boeing 777, intact on the oceans surface. Personally I think so having sat there for hours on end looking out of the windows.

Did she perhaps see another aircraft, opposite direction thousands of feet below. Quite possible, as trying to judge height and distance whilst airborne is very difficult to measure with any degree of accuracy.

I can't comment on all slide rafts but the ones I have seen are silver in colour. They become more visible when the slide raft roof is attached.

If the aircraft had ditched successfully then why did the ELT's located in the door bustles not trigger when in contact with the water ?

I am pretty sure the Indian authorities have made an extensive search in the Bay of Bengal and therefore discounted the report.

I have also heard reports of the aircraft heading South until it runs out fuel and then the automation will allow a shallow controlled descent into the ocean. If both engines flameout due to fuel starvation then one of the many results of that is that the autopilot will disconnect. With a incapacitated crew and no autopilot available the aircraft will enter the ocean in a very much uncontrolled state I reckon.

Hi

yes there are definitely inconsistencies

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/I-saw-the-plane-in-Indian-Ocean-Johor-wife-30229770.html

Here it states that take-off time was 0830 hrs and the sighting was around 1430 hrs.

The woman that claims to have seen the plane in the ocean,,, ALSO said she saw what looked like, "floats" on either side,, escape ramps/rafts?..... IF so,, that means the plane made a controled water landing, and was in decent enough shape, to actually deploy the chutes... IF so?... there were most likely, survivors,,, Of course this is IF she DID actually see what she claims.....

And the chutes detach and become life rafts complete with EPIRBS that automatically transmit on maritime distress frequencies that are monitored 24/7. This in in addition to ELT's on the plane itself.

Quite possible. Great pic of it by the way.

I just read down in the IL -76'S variant section in WIKI and found that there is indeed a SAR version.

• Il-76PSD: SAR version of Il-76MF

It will be interesting to see what exactly they are deploying.

"c. Two Chinese Ilyushin IL-76s have arrived in Perth, and will depart for the search and rescue operation tomorrow at 05:00 and 06:00."

Edited by Chicog

The missing plane flight MH370 may have been found ......

France arrived back at the Perth airport and has confirmed as Australia did that debris has been sighted in the southern indian ocean.

There have been pallets sighted which are used in goods transportation.

Australian RAAF and the australian government are leading in organizing the southern indian ocean search and are awaiting further confirmation on the spotted debris.

Depth in proposed area varies from about 4000 to 1000 meters with probability around the latter

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes correct , Malaysia are currently in consultation with the USA to arrange a deep sea remote control recovery vehicle.

There are a generally two types used in this situation , one being a torpedo type that will zig zag across the search area using sonar and the other being a mobile search unit attached by a cable and towed across the search area as required.

Here's a topographic chart of the IO's bottom showing depths & other info.

Couldn't find a better res one on the net and on this you need to strain your

eyes a fair bit to see the info. From other charts already posted one can

pretty much deduce the plane's location...if the debris is in fact from

MH370.

post-146250-0-62370600-1395574372_thumb.

MH370.

attachicon.gifindian-ocean.jpg

Nope, I couldn't see the plane.

MH370.

attachicon.gifindian-ocean.jpg

Nope, I couldn't see the plane.

Well...on the same dam_n chart I can't see the plane either but if you take some

info that has already been posted on this forum and the web and do some smple

scaling you may get close to locating it or at least where the debris is. Then from

that you can hopefully see just how deep the water is. That's what I meant when I

hacked..."From other charts already posted one can pretty much deduce the

plane's location...if the debris is in fact from MH370."

I posted the chart as a reference for y'all to do some investigating on your own;

if you desire to do so that is.