Yingluck denies buying time in Thawil's reinstatement

webfact

Yingluck denies buying time in Thawil's reinstatement

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Monday denied that she was using delay tactic to further delay the reinstatement of Thawil Pliensri as the secretary general of the Council of State.

On Friday, the Supreme Administrative Court ordered the prime minister to reinstate Thawil to the top security position within 45 days.

Yingluck said she had instructed the PM's secretary general and Civil Service Commission secretary general to carry out reinstatement but she was not certain whether the 45-dateline could be met or not.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

---------------------

POLITICS
Govt will study court's order on Thawil : PM

Jeerapong Prasertpolkrung
The Nation

30228850-01_big.jpg
File photo : Thawil

BANGKOK: -- The government needs time to study the law to see if the former chief of the National Security Council can be reinstated within 45 days, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has said.

The PM's comment on Monday was her first response to a Supreme Administrative Court ruling on Friday that the transfer of Thawil Pliensri from the post of NSC secretarygeneral to become an adviser attached to the PM's Office was unlawful.

Yingluck said she had told PM's secretary general Suranand Vejjajiva and Council of State secretarygeneral Chukiert Ratanachaichan to study the verdict and the legal process.

The court ruled that Thawil must be reinstated within 45 days. In 2011, Thawil was replaced by Pol Gen Wichean Potephosree and then current NSC chief Paradorn Pattanatabut.

In reacting to questions from journalists on what she would do, given some critics insist she should be punished and take responsibility for the transfer, the PM said she was already following the court's order.

"To be responsible for what? I am ready to comply with [the court's order] but right now there must be a procedure of studying how to do it. Isn't that normal?" the PM said.

"Actually, reshuffling takes place in every government, and there are problems related to the [government's transfer] order and the Administrative Court's order. We are ready to comply, just as other governments have," she said.

Appointed senator Paiboon Nititawan yesterday submitted a petition undersigned by 27 senators asking the Constitutional Court to rule on Yingluck's status after the court ruling. The petition alleged that Yingluck had violated the charter and abusing her power by interfering in a reshuffle for the benefit of herself or her group.

The petition was submitted via Deputy Senate Speaker Anan Ariyachaipanich.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

I didnt see she has a choice to make in that 45 day deadline so where does ahe get off saying she is not sure she can do it? I bet it only took her a day to remove him from that position

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I didnt see she has a choice to make in that 45 day deadline so where does ahe get off saying she is not sure she can do it? I bet it only took her a day to remove him from that position

Anyway she can simply say yes....in 45 days someone else is PM.

This government is a disgrace to this Country, and Yingluck is proving that she is simply not suitable to be a Prime Minister.

45 days maybe not enough to reinstate Thawil? Why? It should be nice to know that: why?

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 2

This government is a disgrace to this Country, and Yingluck is proving that she is simply not suitable to be a Prime Minister.

45 days maybe not enough to reinstate Thawil? Why? It should be nice to know that: why?

To be fair there will be some administrative procedures, some paperwork. Like what to do with the chap who occupies the position of NSC?

• Like 1

she needs time to clear anything that could be used against her govt from the office and to make sure there is no incriminating paperwork/files etc that can be accessed by him on his return, pretty simple really

I'll bet all the paper shredders are busy.

• Like 1

If there is anything that we should know about the Shinawatras after their spree of dishonesty and terrible conduct in Thailand is that they put themselves above the law. To show their hatred for Thailand and contempt for its legal system they pay no attention to what the Thai courts say.

I think she should just look at people with complete surprise when they question how it could possibly take more than 45 days to reinstate him and say, "What are you talking about? I have proven to incompetent all along. How could I possibly do this in only 45 days?"

• Like 2

" Yingluck said she had instructed the PM's secretary general and Civil Service Commission secretary general to carry out reinstatement but she was not certain whether the 45-dateline could be met or not. "

What utter rubbish. 54 days was considered more than enough time to have a snap election but somehow 45 days is way too ambitious to reinstate a civil servant who was unconstitutional removed in 2011 in a Thaksin mili-second. Not that it really matters, because Yingluck's responsibilities truly are her facebook page now.

• Like 2

To be fair there will be some administrative procedures, some paperwork. Like what to do with the chap who occupies the position of NSC?

Then this person should be transferred to an inactive post like HERS.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What a frigging joke. She is supposed to be the caretaker PM. All she has to do is to tell the responsible people to reinstate him.

On top of that she claims to be hanging on to protect democracy, an even bigger joke.

• Like 2

" Yingluck said she had instructed the PM's secretary general and Civil Service Commission secretary general to carry out reinstatement but she was not certain whether the 45-dateline could be met or not. "

What utter rubbish. 54 days was considered more than enough time to have a snap election but somehow 45 days is way too ambitious to reinstate a civil servant who was unconstitutional removed in 2011 in a Thaksin mili-second. Not that it really matters, because Yingluck's responsibilities truly are her facebook page now.

last I heard her niece was managing her facebook.

she needs time to clear anything that could be used against her govt from the office and to make sure there is no incriminating paperwork/files etc that can be accessed by him on his return, pretty simple really

I'll bet all the paper shredders are busy.

Yeah, no sh*t thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dap

she was not certain whether the 45-dateline could be met or not.

She mean that she's not sude if she can respect the court ruling ?

Wasn't she blaring high from the tower only a few weeks ago that PT and this government always adheres to the law,

If there is anything that we should know about the Shinawatras after their spree of dishonesty and terrible conduct in Thailand is that they put themselves above the law. To show their hatred for Thailand and contempt for its legal system they pay no attention to what the Thai courts say.

I think she should just look at people with complete surprise when they question how it could possibly take more than 45 days to reinstate him and say, "What are you talking about? I have proven to incompetent all along. How could I possibly do this in only 45 days?"

Well there is a precedent - a certain abhisit vejjajiva didn't manage to reinstate a police chief in 45 days when he was told. 4 years later, he has just recently been found guilty by the administrative court of "dereliction of duty" for that very act, or lack of, I should say.

I'm still awaiting what punishment abhisit faced for that, the court neglected to mention that..........................................

Could be in more trouble if she moves him

If I was Thawil I would make other plans. Maybe take a nice long holiday, write a draft version of his memoirs or even enroll in a university course.... because it's unlikely he'll be back in his job any time soon.

Her Excellency has vowed, promised and pledged that the farmers would be paid quicker in a lot less than 45 days but in his case she's seems positively uncommitted.

If I was Thawil I would make other plans. Maybe take a nice long holiday, write a draft version of his memoirs or even enroll in a university course.... because it's unlikely he'll be back in his job any time soon.

Her Excellency has vowed, promised and pledged that the farmers would be paid quicker in a lot less than 45 days but in his case she's seems positively uncommitted.

I think Thawil has made it clear earlier that he actually isn't interested to return to his old job, his only intention is to challenge Yingluck and try to make her amenable for further court cases because she neglect the courts ruling.

Transfer to 'inactive post'. :-)