Teen survivor of murdered Thai family to be questioned

webfact

Teen survivor of murdered family to be questioned
The Nation

30228908-03_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have summoned the 19-year-old sole survivor of a family of four after the other three members were murdered in their home in Thanyaburi, Pathum Thani, on Sunday.

Pratunam Chulalongkorn Police superintendent, Colonel Trakul Kliewprasert, said the young man was summoned for questioning while he was waiting to collect the bodies of his parents and 16-year-old brother at Thammsat Chalerm Phrakiat Hospital's Forensic Institute yesterday.

It was initially thought the younger brother had killed his parents and then committed suicide. The older brother was in the house when the shooting took place, but denies all knowledge.

However, forensic investigators have doubts about that theory. The bullet entry wound to the brother's head was from the left side but the gun was found near his right hand.

Also, the home's CCTV hard disk reportedly shows the surviving brother had turned off each CCTV camera in the house a day before the shootings. The father reportedly had 15 insurance policies. The funerals are set for Suphan Buri temple on Sunday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-11

You'd think that with the all those proliferation of CSI and forensic shows on telly the murderer

would have a clue by now where to place the gun after the did is dune would you?

Still doesn't help with the lack of gunshot residue on the brothers hands

• Like 1

You'd think that with the all those proliferation of CSI and forensic shows on telly the murderer

would have a clue by now where to place the gun after the did is dune would you?

Gloves

Never mind, Messrs Kojak, Columbo and Morse will be along soon to aid in the investigation.

Gloves

I mean the deceased brother. At a possible murder/suicide or just a suicide one of the 1st things police do is place the persons hands into paper bags to protect them from and further contamination.

Wow I am shocked. He was gleefully sleeping in another room when the 3 shots where fired into his brother and parents. He could not have heard the shots from the guns go off.

And then went to work and called home later because he was worried about his family. When they didn't answer he rushed home because he was worried worried about the condition of his family.

Ok OK He is innocent can't you tell from his story?

• Like 2

And yesterday I remember someone saying that any suspicion of things happened were pure speculation and all who questioned things were just wannabe private dicks...

I had my suspicions:

1. Rushed to house...no Thai rushes to anything.

2. 9 mm handgun still in hand after shooting oneself in the head, very unlikely.

3. Something in the reporting just smelled fishy. Either it was the normal 'quality reporting' or facts were not in logical order. Sometimes perpetrators just talk too much and give reason to suspect them.

Sad and sordid ordeal, indeed. Here's what I had to say yesterday:

Not that I know the truth about this sordid affair but I have had numerous occasions when members of my family have not picked up their phones. And certainly never ever RUSHED to do anything.

To me either the article is badly written or something smells fishy. It makes no sense to me knowing Thais. On the other hand, how they perceive the world through their soap opera TV series might explain a lot of things. In this case, unfortunately, nobody is resurrected for the next weeks episode.

And this was one comment. I find speculation interesting and reading some of this so called journalism, it is the only way to get ones head around things. News are sometimes so full of nonsensical conflicting stories.

I'm sure the amateur TV detectives will rip this case apart, put it back in some kind of made up order and come out with a totally different conclusion. I look forward to watching some of the finest legal minds in action.

Yep, and we were rightfully suspicious.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709763-boy-16-kills-parents-then-himself-in-pathum-thani/

• Like 1

They know he did it. Now time to negotiate a settlement so that everybody gets their cut of the insurance money.

they'll need to pin it on the deceased brother as a criminal cant benefit from their crime...

Damn! That won't work. BIB are too honest

Elder son of a family in Pathumthani confesses to shooting his parents and younger brother

3-11-2014-12-01-01-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The elder son of a family in Pathumthani province has confessed to shooting his parents and younger brother to death after his long accumulated stress caused by his mother burst into anger.

He said his mother installed closed-circuit TV cameras to monitor his behavior.

The 18-year-old youth said his patience lost when his mother prohibited him to drive out at night to pick up his girl friend to introduce to his family after he drank beer with his father and became drunk. He said he shot his parents first with his father’s handgun when they were asleep, and then his 16-year-old brother. He then put the gun on his brother’s hand and went to sleep.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/elder-son-family-pathumthani-confesses-shooting-parents-younger-brother/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-11

Elder son of a family in Pathumthani confesses to shooting his parents and younger brother

3-11-2014-12-01-01-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The elder son of a family in Pathumthani province has confessed to shooting his parents and younger brother to death after his long accumulated stress caused by his mother burst into anger.

He said his mother installed closed-circuit TV cameras to monitor his behavior.

The 18-year-old youth said his patience lost when his mother prohibited him to drive out at night to pick up his girl friend to introduce to his family after he drank beer with his father and became drunk. He said he shot his parents first with his father’s handgun when they were asleep, and then his 16-year-old brother. He then put the gun on his brother’s hand and went to sleep.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/elder-son-family-pathumthani-confesses-shooting-parents-younger-brother/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-03-11

He then put the gun on his brother’s hand and went to sleep.

The poor little Cherub, he must have been exhausted after all that killing.

Mum wouldn't let him drive after drinking so the lunatic slaughters his family. Hope he receives the full force of the law.

Rotten little swine, I knew he'd done it right from the start. No remorse or sadness, never heard three shots. Worried mid afternoon, rushed home, yeah right, Plenty of motive, gun in right hand, Thai Police may have faults but sure got this one right. Hope they throw the book at the spoilt little drunken Brat.

• Like 2

...surprise...not

oops....damn and blast I should have put the gun near his left hand seeing as the entry wound to his head was on the left side...lol I get so confused between right and left....I should have paid more attention at school. That's it I blame the school for this

• Like 1

And yesterday I remember someone saying that any suspicion of things happened were pure speculation and all who questioned things were just wannabe private dicks...

I had my suspicions:

1. Rushed to house...no Thai rushes to anything.

2. 9 mm handgun still in hand after shooting oneself in the head, very unlikely.

3. Something in the reporting just smelled fishy. Either it was the normal 'quality reporting' or facts were not in logical order. Sometimes perpetrators just talk too much and give reason to suspect them.

Sad and sordid ordeal, indeed. Here's what I had to say yesterday:

Not that I know the truth about this sordid affair but I have had numerous occasions when members of my family have not picked up their phones. And certainly never ever RUSHED to do anything.

To me either the article is badly written or something smells fishy. It makes no sense to me knowing Thais. On the other hand, how they perceive the world through their soap opera TV series might explain a lot of things. In this case, unfortunately, nobody is resurrected for the next weeks episode.

And this was one comment. I find speculation interesting and reading some of this so called journalism, it is the only way to get ones head around things. News are sometimes so full of nonsensical conflicting stories.

I'm sure the amateur TV detectives will rip this case apart, put it back in some kind of made up order and come out with a totally different conclusion. I look forward to watching some of the finest legal minds in action.

Yep, and we were rightfully suspicious.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709763-boy-16-kills-parents-then-himself-in-pathum-thani/

''2. 9 mm handgun still in hand after shooting oneself in the head, very unlikely.''

Not nearly as unlikely as you might think. There's a thing called cadaveric spasm which can happen at the moment of death. It is a rare form of muscle stiffening also known as instantaneous rigor or instantaneous rigidity. Here's an excerpt of the article on wikipedia:

Cadaveric spasm may affect all muscles in the body, but typically only groups, such as the forearms, or hands. Cadaveric spasm is seen in cases of drowning victims when grass,weeds, roots or other materials are clutched, and provides evidence of life at the time of entry into the water. Cadaveric spasm often crystallizes the last activity one did prior to death and is therefore significant in forensic investigations, e.g. holding onto a knife tightly.

Never mind, Messrs Kojak, Columbo and Morse will be along soon to aid in the investigation.

Don't forget Miss Marple, Poirot and Jack Frost, plus all the other would be ex-police we seem to have in here.

" The older brother was in the house when the shooting took place, but denies all knowledge.

However, forensic investigators have doubts about that theory. The bullet entry wound to the brother's head was from the left side but the gun was found near his right hand."

Now I have read something very similar in the history books somewhere. I just can't remember who was involved....

" The older brother was in the house when the shooting took place, but denies all knowledge.

However, forensic investigators have doubts about that theory. The bullet entry wound to the brother's head was from the left side but the gun was found near his right hand."

Now I have read something very similar in the history books somewhere. I just can't remember who was involved....

You did not read that in any Thai history book.