Looking for Atorvasatin 20mg, central BKK

fifthcolumn

Locally made brand is called Atorsan. Any large pharmacy should have it.

try:

Fascino (opposite Siriraj)

SE Pharmacy (Sukhumvit just west of Soi 11)

Roong Rote Pharmacy on Sukhumvit Soi 77 (go into the Soi about 40 meters)

Any of several pharmacies on Rajawithio opposite the hospital near Victory Monument

Or any other large pharmacy -- not a Boots or Watsons but a dedicated pharmacy

• Like 1

Only the 10mg version made by Sandoz is currently available at my hospital. I take two each evening to get the 20mg. Did use 1/2 of 40mg Lipitor for several months to use up previous supply - was reduced from 40 to 20 when LDL got down to low 60's - I am twice her weight. Be aware this is much, much more expensive than Simvastatin.

Edited by lopburi3
add information
  • Like 1

Thanks. We are more on the MRT line than the BTS.

I found an old thread someone was purchasing 40mg for b35 ea/350. She found a chemist that has in stock for 400. She is now contacting a nurse friend to see if she can help.

Thanks Lopburi3, will be more expensive but we have to try this route. Simvasatin not lowering her #s enough.

Can anyone comment Ezetimibe. I asked the doctor to simply try her on Lipitor due to the concerns described above and he got all fancy and perscribed Ezetimibe. It worked! Dropped to 167 and we will take that!!

But reading up on the drug while lowering cholesterol there seems to be no medical evidence of it stopping heart disease and issues. But it lowers cholesterol!! So I am huh??? The pill is crazy small and super potent. 5mg dropped her numbers like a stone. Issue: she had to cut a tablet in half (10mg) and I became quite concerned it was in fact, half. This medicine seems crazy potent strong. Adding this to her Simvasatin dropped her total to amazing low numbers.

Due to fact that there is no clear evidence to support https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezetimibe lessens heart disease and the medicine is so crazy potent - inconsistent dosage, I was not happy with her taking this medication. Also, the side effects are absolutely frightening - hepititus!

Would help if she would eat better and excercise, not going to happen.

Thank you both Lopburi3 and Sheryl

Edited by fifthcolumn

I have been taking for the last two years under the Ezetrol brand 10mg each morning and the lipitor at night after two stents done. It is prescribed by my interventionist cardiologist. Target is to maintain LDL below 70 as I am high risk and this has done it. Believe it is proper and normal treatment when statin with diet/exercise does not result in desired LDL levels. Side effects and dangers seem to be about the same as any strong medication but normal blood tests should avoid most serious issues. Believe it has been less tested in the West but a normal Asian treatment for many years now. As said it appears to work.

Also, the side effects are absolutely frightening - hepititus!

Hepatitis is a word that's commonly misunderstood. It's commonly caused by viruses (such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B ), and by things such as excessive alcohol intake. In these cases it's a serious conditions. However, the word just means "a swelling/inflamation of the liver". It's an indication that something isn't quite right, but isn't necessarily serious. If hepatitis is a possible side effect of a drug, I'd expect the doctor to monitor liver enzyme levels and identify whether hepatitis has arisen, and if so, for him/her to change the prescription.

Edited by AyG

Thanks. We are more on the MRT line than the BTS.

I found an old thread someone was purchasing 40mg for b35 ea/350. She found a chemist that has in stock for 400. She is now contacting a nurse friend to see if she can help.

Thanks Lopburi3, will be more expensive but we have to try this route. Simvasatin not lowering her #s enough.

Can anyone comment Ezetimibe. I asked the doctor to simply try her on Lipitor due to the concerns described above and he got all fancy and perscribed Ezetimibe. It worked! Dropped to 167 and we will take that!!

But reading up on the drug while lowering cholesterol there seems to be no medical evidence of it stopping heart disease and issues. But it lowers cholesterol!! So I am huh??? The pill is crazy small and super potent. 5mg dropped her numbers like a stone. Issue: she had to cut a tablet in half (10mg) and I became quite concerned it was in fact, half. This medicine seems crazy potent strong. Adding this to her Simvasatin dropped her total to amazing low numbers.

Due to fact that there is no clear evidence to support https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezetimibe lessens heart disease and the medicine is so crazy potent - inconsistent dosage, I was not happy with her taking this medication. Also, the side effects are absolutely frightening - hepititus!

Would help if she would eat better and excercise, not going to happen.

Thank you both Lopburi3 and Sheryl

Following a 2nd 'mishap' in 2003 my consultant in the UK put me on 10mg of Ezetimibe in addition to my already taking 40mg Statin. Yes it lowered my levels even further. About a year ago the doctor here convinced me to change to Crestor 20mg alone (had a few tummy problems). That seemed to work about the same especially when I went Vegan. Recently I changed hospitals and I'm going along with 10mg Crestor and 5mg Ezetimibe and will get a test in a few weeks.

Thanks for all this. Enlightening.

Wife won't move away from "bad" foods or even cut back. Lack of excercise as all of us in Bangkok (no parks, poor air). We swim a lot Dec-Apr.

No amount of harping or threatening or rewarding seems to change things.

There are health clubs on every corner in Bangkok and suspect that would be cheaper than some of these meds (if you can motivate - understand that may be the problem but perhaps make it a beauty issue and it will be accepted?). I use the free option of walking mooban sois each evening and there are several dozen doing the same each day (morning and evening although suspect many of the residents use the club option for face) so people do exercise here in Bangkok without access to parks. As for the air it is a lot better than many other cities (including some in Thailand) as long as you can avoid the smoking tourist areas.ph34r.png