Bt2tn bill ruled unconstitutional

webfact

for all you yellows gloating at this very "expected" result PTP will win any democratic election rolleyes.gif

Which reminds me:

"North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was elected to the rubber-stamp parliament with 100% votes on Monday. He's not the only leader to win an election overwhelmingly, writes Tanvi Misra."

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26527422

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The now caretaker M. of Transport mentioned a while ago that without this bill 'road maintenance' and other normal activities would suffer.

Now that the party is over, can we get some of the improvements to transport and maintenance back into the National Budget where they used to be?

• Like 1

Amazing. The senate passes something but a court can rescind it.

Isn't this in itself somehow unconstitutional. Might as well submit everything to a court for approval. I think the.spending is maybe unnecessary in scale. But what is the point of parliament and the senate.

agreed it is BIZARRE

don't like a party - ban it

don't like an ELECTED governments economics - rule it unconstitutional

don't like a politician - 5 year ban

probably next:

don't like an election result - overturn it

all 'unbiased' rulings of course wai.gif

Its not that the spending goes away. Its that it got all the way through the parliamwnt and the senate and then gets vetoed.

This patently shows that the constitution is NOT doing its job.

Excellent news and good work from the courts where Thaksin and his non democratic lackies should be legally dealt with. The Shinawatra's would have been using that to gravy train all their corrupt scum bag practices to date with very little spent on quality completed infrastructure. The first of what is going to be a lot more good news from the courts for Thailand in the coming months to free Thailand from the Shinawatra's scumbag dictatorial total control.

this thread got to post no nine before Thaksin was mentioned really funny but I bet my mate that it wouldn't reach no 5 still so predictable

for all you yellows gloating at this very "expected" result PTP will win any democratic election rolleyes.gif

Dont be so sure on that...

.. their election funds just got cut, no money to bribe anyone left, the grass-roots farmers are protesting...

PTP would be lucky to get enough votes to offer a coalition government to the smaller parties, and i think with all the legal wrangling and lawsuits about to drop on them, the smaller parties will be looking elsewhere.

Now just to get the election re-run, *with* the democrats taking part and we can put this one to bed... once and for all.

well let's see? enough nonsense about unelected 'people's councils' ok? I agree with your last statement and if you are right I certainly would accept the result - NOW let's hear all posters say the same - whatever the result we accept it

fair enough? Thailand has had enough of this infighting

I still think there needs to be some type of reform or we may end up with the government being influenced by a criminal abroad and probably another push for the amnesty. There also needs to be some sort of investigation into the judiciary and independent bodies so they are balanced. A way needs to be found to accomplish this either before elections, or afterwards but not under the control of the government. If it were done under the control of a PTP government I could see the courts and independent bodies run by people with no knowledge or experience but with a family connection. Even if it were a Democrat government there's no certainty it would end up balanced and even if it was it would always be accused of being put there by the Dems so can't be trusted.

The problem at the moment is the whole system is chaotic with an inexperienced PM put there by her brother who can't enter the country (I wonder why) and surrounded apparently by incompetent advisers. The last Democrat government was always seen as being put there by the military. Both sides are taking multiple cases to the courts so it's difficult to know when they will get through them all and if their judgement will be accepted when it's given. The constitution changes so often and usually to benefit of whoever changed it so it's accepted or understood and the rules are often contradictory or don't cover all situations. That's why we have all the uncertainty about whether Yingluck and her caretaker government are still in charge.

The unelected people's council isn't the problem it's how that's made up and what the exit strategy is. If it's chosen by Suthep then obviously it won't work.

Which reminds me:

"North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was elected to the rubber-stamp parliament with 100% votes on Monday. He's not the only leader to win an election overwhelmingly, writes Tanvi Misra."

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you referring to the Democrat Party's internal election, where K. Abhisit was the only candidate, and the 35 members of the executive committee voted him leader with 98% 0f the vote?

.. their election funds just got cut, no money to bribe anyone left, the grass-roots farmers are protesting...

PTP would be lucky to get enough votes to offer a coalition government to the smaller parties, and i think with all the legal wrangling and lawsuits about to drop on them, the smaller parties will be looking elsewhere.

Now just to get the election re-run, *with* the democrats taking part and we can put this one to bed... once and for all.

well let's see? enough nonsense about unelected 'people's councils' ok? I agree with your last statement and if you are right I certainly would accept the result - NOW let's hear all posters say the same - whatever the result we accept it

I still think there needs to be some type of reform or we may end up with the government being influenced by a criminal abroad and probably another push for the amnesty. There also needs to be some sort of investigation into the judiciary and independent bodies so they are balanced. A way needs to be found to accomplish this either before elections, or afterwards but not under the control of the government. If it were done under the control of a PTP government I could see the courts and independent bodies run by people with no knowledge or experience but with a family connection. Even if it were a Democrat government there's no certainty it would end up balanced and even if it was it would always be accused of being put there by the Dems so can't be trusted.

The problem at the moment is the whole system is chaotic with an inexperienced PM put there by her brother who can't enter the country (I wonder why) and surrounded apparently by incompetent advisers. The last Democrat government was always seen as being put there by the military. Both sides are taking multiple cases to the courts so it's difficult to know when they will get through them all and if their judgement will be accepted when it's given. The constitution changes so often and usually to benefit of whoever changed it so it's accepted or understood and the rules are often contradictory or don't cover all situations. That's why we have all the uncertainty about whether Yingluck and her caretaker government are still in charge.

The unelected people's council isn't the problem it's how that's made up and what the exit strategy is. If it's chosen by Suthep then obviously it won't work.

Well that is solved very simply. Make it an offence for anyone to aid, abet or conspire or consort with a criminal.

Job done. Every single ptp MP who travels to see him, claims to have met with him, even sits infront of a skype screen with him, phones him or other is GUILTY.

Finished. That doesn't need any stupid long term reform.

nice to see all you guys liking thailand being held back, this loan was to improve infrastructure within the country and just like any other country, they would have to borrow to enable the development...i guess bar stool judgement wins approval here

Which reminds me:

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you referring to the Democrat Party's internal election, where K. Abhisit was the only candidate, and the 35 members of the executive committee voted him leader with 98% 0f the vote?

No, not at all. I'm referring to the Pheu Thai winning democratic elections as mentioned by benjamin. One of many here on TV who seem to confuse democracy with 'elections'. Just like the Pheu Thai party with their 'respect your vote till it's counted' attitude followed by "thanks, go home now, we have work to do".

As for Abhisit's candidacy, that just shows the sorry state the Democrat party is in. No one wanted to be party leader and all who could vote were glad to have found a scapegoat.

Edited by rubl

i hope no one disagrees that Thailand needs HUGE reforms - unelected people's councils, in my view, are not the solution and democracy should be protected

Thailand needs a Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi or Ghandi - it needs someone who CANNOT be bought - it has none on the horizon

and THIS is Thailand's great mis-fortune

Thailand needs a third party - not linked to the Shins OR the Dems elite ammart party to lead by example in a non-corrupt, non-partisan way

sadly there is not one at present

While there isn't, as there are many lists on who would head an unelected government with no agreements, I wonder if there was a Ghandi in Thailand, would anyone listen?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Isn't this in itself somehow unconstitutional. Might as well submit everything to a court for approval. I think the.spending is maybe unnecessary in scale. But what is the point of parliament and the senate.

the unelected and appointed treat the elected with disdain.

No point in allowing the elected to run the country when the appointed have the final say.

nice to see all you guys liking thailand being held back, this loan was to improve infrastructure within the country and just like any other country, they would have to borrow to enable the development...i guess bar stool judgement wins approval here

Personally I feel sorry for all those poor commuters in ChiangMai who really needed this high-speed link to Bangkok, according to a Pheu Thai minister that was.

Furthermore I wonder what we'll do with all those Thai traditional lunch boxes which were selected for use in the high-speed trains. Maybe a special TAT organised event to sell them to foreigners departing Suvannabhum? I'm afraid Ms. Yingluck may be in tears again, she was so happy with those lunch boxes.

• Like 1

the unelected and appointed treat the elected with disdain.

No point in allowing the elected to run the country when the appointed have the final say.

Well it sets a ridiculous precedent and shows undoubtedly that the constitution does not work. This was what was predicted, that the parliament would be subordinate to the courts.

And this is what has happened. The system is broken. Time for a complete constitutional rethink. Or maybe better a colonisation.

It's not that I object to stopping the spending, its how its been achieved. Total SNAFU.

Whoever wrote this stupid constituion didn't have the will of parliament in mind.

agreed it is BIZARRE

probably next:

Its not that the spending goes away. Its that it got all the way through the parliamwnt and the senate and then gets vetoed.

and yet and yet the Dems never had a problem with their own 1.25 trillion baht program from the courts?

I wonder why?

Unfortunately for them they never got the chance to spend all that money thankfully

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

agreed it is BIZARRE

probably next:

all 'unbiased' rulings of course wai.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

So tell us binjalin and Thai at Heart. It is OK to loan 2 trillion THB an NOT allow anyone to check your spending? your argument about "ban this" and "ban that" doesn't have anything to do with this criminal loan proposal. So please answer this simple question: You think it is OK for a government to put a 50 year debt on a country and nobody is allowed to check this?

No I object to the two parliamentary houses passing something and then a court rejecting it AFTER its been passed. This is a ridiculous constitutional situation, and open to massive abuse.

Its not stopping the spending that's the issue. Its not about saying spending money is good or bad. Its about how it can be that a system spits out a law that is passed and then rejected by an appointed court. Who is running the country. It should never be possible for a law to be deemed unconstitutional AFTER the event. The system should self prevent this.

So stop being arbitrary and think what this means for the possibility of democracy I Thailand?

not at all - I stand by my principals even if decried by a few of you fellow posters. I posted as I saw many of you gloating that no one was coming out against this. I hope you respect that.

you are making many, many assumptions - I say again... not over by a LONG, LONG way

relax and respect someones right to post an alternative view to the Dear Leader Suthep's which, BTW, the majority of Thais agree with

Don't believe me? hold an ELECTION

Who are your principals? From your posts it would seem to be Thaksin, Yingluk et al.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not at all. Supreme/constitutional/high courts the world over often rule on the consititutionality of laws passed and actions taken by a legislature. Happens in the US and happens in Australia. There are lots of good reasons for not allowing the executive or legislative branches of government to have the final say on the constitutionality of their actions.

Which laws have been deemed unconstitutional in these countries recently? On a federal or national level? Edited by Thai at Heart

So the train comes down from China through Lao. Passengers disembark at the thai border. Get on the perfectly adequate (according to one of the judges) gravel road. Board the bus,tuk tul, whatever and are driven through Thailand down to the malaysian border where they can rejoin their train.

A perfect thai solution.

Satit told the crowd that Thai people would not have to be in debt for 50 years.

O.K. The High Speed Train Railway Line is not for me, cut that and you may save 700 Billion, Great.

Thailand likely would be better off with duel railway line, as Minivans, trucks and cars at that speed to Nakon No Where are much faster.

On the udder hand, (what he did not tell them was) that they will have to live in caves as transport will also be a no no, a go go area due to floods as they will conquer the land (Bangkok as well) and most of all I really hope that you all have a high ground in this Great Country called Thailand.

You many be able to conquer the fires, but, however you will not in Thailand at this present time conquer water nor anytime soon we all know.

So one lost, lets see what happens with the Water Works project shall we, @ 350 Billion Baht.

Win

agreed it is BIZARRE

probably next:

and yet and yet the Dems never had a problem with their own 1.25 trillion baht program from the courts?

I wonder why?

Unfortunately for them they never got the chance to spend all that money thankfully

but ... but ... but the Dem's

I would assume the opposition at that time didn't do it's job.

BTW I've been told over and over again that the 1.24 billion special budget the Democrat party led coalition government was 'spent' with massive suggestions it was more-or-less lost. If you feel that they didn't have time to properly spent the money, could you please share your source of information? wai.gif

• Like 1

Personally I feel sorry for all those poor commuters in ChiangMai who really needed this high-speed link to Bangkok, according to a Pheu Thai minister that was.

Furthermore I wonder what we'll do with all those Thai traditional lunch boxes which were selected for use in the high-speed trains. Maybe a special TAT organised event to sell them to foreigners departing Suvannabhum? I'm afraid Ms. Yingluck may be in tears again, she was so happy with those lunch boxes.

You and many others on this thread seem to have overlooked the fact that the infrastructure package including the high speed train link is fully supported by the Democrat leadership.It is the method of financing they object to (so say they say) though their administration also used off budget funding methods.

Of course the Constitutional Court decision is actually very little to do with high speed trains, and much more about political goals of the old orded.Long predicted and part of the campaign of sedition against the government.Judicial activism is now the main tool of the unelected elites with the likely eclipse of Suthep's mobsters and the unwillingness of the army to play ball (so far anyway).

You and many others on this thread seem to have overlooked the fact that the infrastructure package including the high speed train link is fully supported by the Democrat leadership.It is the method of financing they object to (so say they say) though their administration also used off budget funding methods.

Of course the Constitutional Court decision is actually very little to do with high speed trains, and much more about political goals of the old orded.Long predicted and part of the campaign of sedition against the government.Judicial activism is now the main tool of the unelected elites with the likely eclipse of Suthep's mobsters and the unwillingness of the army to play ball (so far anyway).

you seem to overlook that the Democrat party led coalition government under Abhisit was already working on high-speed train ideas, only to see all scrapped by the new government.

Furthermore you seem to overlook that part of the infrastructure budget seemed to include activities and therefor money normally found in the yearly National Budget. Like the rice scam, just trying to avoid parliamentary scrutiny.

As for the rest, the usual denigrating remarks. BTW although you had the 'unelected elites' you missed out mentioning 'fascists' rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

With eyes brimming with tears, Yingluck said she hoped that the next government would continue with the project to develop the country's transport infrastructure. She insisted that it would require a special law to obtain loans for the project.

this girl is LIE like the snake !!

we not need any money for the transport. the street in bangkok is everything very good already.

why pay more money?? only for stole !!

Sure the court can rule on it, just like in any other country of this world, but only on the formal aspect of this or any other law.

The court did NOT say, the law is good or bad, the court said it was created in a formally wrong way. If the Shins had adhered to the correct way, no court would have rejected this law. But these things like how to take the correct path to spend government money is something the Shins and Co never learned... Their attitude has always been "Might is Right".

What I think is a great relieve for all taxpayers is the fact, that most likely the money missing for the pay-outs to the farmers would have come from this 2 trillion Baht budget. And it would have meant, that the rice pledging would have gone on for the next couple of years... until Thailand would have been completely broke. But by then all the politcians and other bloodsuckers would have had their pockets full and left the country.