EC will speed up probes into Yingluck, Yaowapa cases

webfact

And while the EC dicks around with their 'probes' and 'investigations', a country of 67 million people has now been without a full time government for three months thanks to their inability to run an election, which after all is the primary purpose of an election commission.

What is an election going to solve. Elections are not meant to cause wider splits in the population. They are meant to put people into power who are capable of running a country.

Unfortunately there are a lot of bone heads who think an election will solve every thing. Look at the direct result of the last one and tell me another one with out reform will fix it.wai.gif

I am watching an Intelligence (squared) debate on the BBC and have just realised why things are not right in Thailand. What they are pointing out to me is that Western democracy doesn't work in some developing nations and is not always a suitable means as a choice for choosing the government. This is clearly the situation here, what we need is a different form of government (unelected perhaps) to alter the election process accordingly until it is right for the country.

I realise that this process will automatically bring in a Democrat style government as that will by far be the best choice to steer us out of the mess that PTP have left us in. This is a common sense thing to do as I don't think that 'so called' democracy has prevailed over the last 2 years, has it!!! It has been an unmitigated disaster (I'm being kind here) and a failed government should relinquish power to a more able party that can bring back normality to benefit the nation.

Democracy should take a back seat in Thailand until they fix the problems.

Always good to hear the North Korean perspective.

I prefer to look at it as the (unelected) Chinese success story myself!!!

.......China being well known for its almost complete absence of corruption.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so the EC can speed up certain things if they want to.

You've got a point but maybe they thought this was urgent under the circumstances.

I'm not sure I think dissolving the party is necessarily a good idea though.

Why do you think that "maybe they thought this was urgent under the circumstances."

Come on commit yourself for once and jump, otherwise you'll fall off that fence you're straddling.

You've got a point but maybe they thought this was urgent under the circumstances.

Why do you think that "maybe they thought this was urgent under the circumstances."

Come on commit yourself for once and jump, otherwise you'll fall off that fence you're straddling.

I think he is looking for facts not just believing any old thing the PTP led red shirts say.

I salute him for that.

And while the EC dicks around with their 'probes' and 'investigations', a country of 67 million people has now been without a full time government for three months thanks to their inability to run an election, which after all is the primary purpose of an election commission.

What is an election going to solve. Elections are not meant to cause wider splits in the population. They are meant to put people into power who are capable of running a country.

Unfortunately there are a lot of bone heads who think an election will solve every thing. Look at the direct result of the last one and tell me another one with out reform will fix it.wai.gif

I am watching an Intelligence (squared) debate on the BBC and have just realised why things are not right in Thailand. What they are pointing out to me is that Western democracy doesn't work in some developing nations and is not always a suitable means as a choice for choosing the government. This is clearly the situation here, what we need is a different form of government (unelected perhaps) to alter the election process accordingly until it is right for the country.

I realise that this process will automatically bring in a Democrat style government as that will by far be the best choice to steer us out of the mess that PTP have left us in. This is a common sense thing to do as I don't think that 'so called' democracy has prevailed over the last 2 years, has it!!! It has been an unmitigated disaster (I'm being kind here) and a failed government should relinquish power to a more able party that can bring back normality to benefit the nation.

Democracy should take a back seat in Thailand until they fix the problems.

Always good to hear the North Korean perspective.

Corruption or not - they still churn out 10% growth on a permanent basis - this is THE KEY INDICATOR of a countries health of the economy BTW.

Not doing bad for an unelected economy not having to put up with the mistaken choices of its ignorant voters. Thailand can, and should learn from this.

• Like 1

Elections are meant to allow the people (all of them) to make the choice as to who runs the country.

There are a lot of boneheads who think that ignoring or refusing to accept the results of an election will solve everything.

Not to mention appointing a Democrat government - well it worked well last time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heard this 10,000 times, some boneheads do not understand that after any election the said government are not governing and destroying a country they have to get out quick, are you afraid to let the courts do their job ??? after all what in heavens sake do you do re elect, the money wasted and the people you elect are thrown out because of terrible mismanagement.

You are stuck in a groove---bad government-elect again--bankrupt country-elect again--if the people can only pick a mongrel in a dog show then a judge has to put that right, and throw it out, then re train the people.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

Some people prefer to keep an open mind and think for themselves not faithfully toe a party line. Others like the feeling of being part of a herd.

Thankfully we still have a choice. smile.png

If some western countries followed election laws, some people would not be in office. I am talking about the corrupt USA government. A senator is under investigation for corruption, but the DOJ tells the FBI, not to get involved in the investigation. Have to assure that the party members are reelected.

Are you lost this is Thailand nothing to do with the States or one isolated incident that you like.

Here in Thailand we need reform before an election.

It is the only chance of bringing the nation together. It may not be democratic to some and that does not matter. The end result would be a Democratic government with more concern for their citizens. It is indeed a sad state of affairs when one man brings the country to that point with his abuse of power and free check book to those who have no morals.

If you want to talk about Democracy and the states look in a history book it was an armed rebellion which brought them Democracy.

Oddly enough many of those who say Suthep's way would not be Democratic are already saying the country has no Democracy. Many countries attained Democracy through non Democratic means.

When all is said and done it is the welfare of the people that should be the most important thing.wai.gif

Edit

No I am not advocating the use of violence or the guillotine. Suthep has a masterful plan listen to the plan not what the guy on the bar stool next to you tells you.

If you want to talk about Democracy and the states look in a history book it was an armed rebellion which brought them Democracy.

I know this topic is not about democracy and the US but hopefully this post will be allowed and not deleted as I am responding to the above two posts. In 1946 the situation of the local government in Athens, Tennessee was a mirror of the current political control by the PTP in Thailand. The people got enough and excercised their constitunal rights to rectify the situation. What they did was a demonstration of democracy in its finest hour. Click on the link below to see how democracy was restored. I too am not advocating the use of violence or the guillotine but as Abraham Lincoln said "The government, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw

Corruption or not - they still churn out 10% growth on a permanent basis - this is THE KEY INDICATOR of a countries health of the economy BTW.

Not doing bad for an unelected economy not having to put up with the mistaken choices of its ignorant voters. Thailand can, and should learn from this.

As neat a summary of the anti-democracy view as you'll ever find. Corruption is perfectly acceptable as long as the money people are making profits, and the Thai people are too stupid to elect their own government. Fortunately for democracy there are only about ten posters who still hold this view, and 15 million PTP voters who think otherwise!

• Like 1

As neat a summary of the anti-democracy view as you'll ever find. Corruption is perfectly acceptable as long as the money people are making profits, and the Thai people are too stupid to elect their own government. Fortunately for democracy there are only about ten posters who still hold this view, and 15 million PTP voters who think otherwise!

10 posters ??cheesy.gif

now serious, if the PTP were ever to gain control--(very doubtful now the villains are being roped in) and raped the country again would you be among the 10% of posters to still have the same view. You know what I think, you would, you would call for another election to get them DEMOCRATICALLY elected again clap2.gif

• Like 1

I've already stated that democracy is not the best way for Thailand precisely because of those 8 million PTP voters. Call it anti-democratic if you like, but I think it shows just what democracy in the wrong place and at the wrong time can lead to ie: A non-functioning government with a failed economy.

Whether you like it or not, it is the money men (from Bangkok) that keep a country ticking over and competitive, not rice growers who are a severe drain on the economy!!

• Like 2

Elections are meant to allow the people (all of them) to make the choice as to who runs the country.

There are a lot of boneheads who think that ignoring or refusing to accept the results of an election will solve everything.

Not to mention appointing a Democrat government - well it worked well last time!

Heard this 10,000 times, some boneheads do not understand that after any election the said government are not governing and destroying a country they have to get out quick, are you afraid to let the courts do their job ??? after all what in heavens sake do you do re elect, the money wasted and the people you elect are thrown out because of terrible mismanagement.

You are stuck in a groove---bad government-elect again--bankrupt country-elect again--if the people can only pick a mongrel in a dog show then a judge has to put that right, and throw it out, then re train the people.

Re-train the people eh? Now there's a political concept to play around with. Been tried in several regimes worldwide in the last century or so, including at least one country adjacent to Thailand. Always seems to end in tears.

Sorry, but I will continue to argue for democracy, which starts with elections. Far from perfect I admit, but better than any other system - and yes I know I am paraphrasing Churchill.

• Like 1

Re-train the people eh? Now there's a political concept to play around with. Been tried in several regimes worldwide in the last century or so, including at least one country adjacent to Thailand. Always seems to end in tears.

Sorry, but I will continue to argue for democracy, which starts with elections. Far from perfect I admit, but better than any other system - and yes I know I am paraphrasing Churchill.

you stick with Mugabi style, BUT I do agree with you argue re democracy,, " WHICH STARTS WITH AN ELECTION" If elections are therefore a waste of time as in Magabi's case, you get the courts to throw him out, but there it is not possible, here it is happening, REFORM is the way after that, Then elections when everything is open and above board.

If you argue about that then it justifies you to the dozen or so only on TVF.

10 posters ??cheesy.gif

now serious, if the PTP were ever to gain control--(very doubtful now the villains are being roped in) and raped the country again would you be among the 10% of posters to still have the same view. You know what I think, you would, you would call for another election to get them DEMOCRATICALLY elected again clap2.gif

OK then, eight. But there used to be ten a few weeks ago.

Stories like the OP about the EC and their Mickey Mouse 'probes' and 'investigations' miss the big picture. The Big Bangkok Shutdown is now confined to a small corner of Lumpini. The Indian guy is in the departure lounge. The navy SEAL admiral will soon be in charge of the boating pond in Nakhon Nowhere. It's as plain as day that the Amart are negotiating a deal with Thaksin behind the scenes, and Suthep and his cronies are now surplus to requirements.

• Like 1

10 posters ??cheesy.gif

Stories like the OP about the EC and their Mickey Mouse 'probes' and 'investigations' miss the big picture. The Big Bangkok Shutdown is now confined to a small corner of Lumpini. The Indian guy is in the departure lounge. The navy SEAL admiral will soon be in charge of the boating pond in Nakhon Nowhere. It's as plain as day that the Amart are negotiating a deal with Thaksin behind the scenes, and Suthep and his cronies are now surplus to requirements.

It doesn't matter who does the probes-Donald Duck if you like, they have to be done to correct and bring to light IRREGULARITIES -Do you agree with that ???

If you feel there should be no probes, the it's no use talking.

All that has taken place is protests bringing the courts into play, not numbers they do not count. Sutheps job is done the judges to decide.

If the government are out of order then someone has to address that. I am afraid you do not think that should be addressed, and when it finds the wrong YOU will say it's fixed. You are the one that has to re think about your morals. Accept the wrongs and urge for reform. It is easy unless like you --in denial as always.

YOU follow the money, don't you agree to that ???? steal and your sacked not voted back.

Edited by ginjag

you stick with Mugabi style, BUT I do agree with you argue re democracy,, " WHICH STARTS WITH AN ELECTION" If elections are therefore a waste of time as in Magabi's case, you get the courts to throw him out, but there it is not possible, here it is happening, REFORM is the way after that, Then elections when everything is open and above board.

If you argue about that then it justifies you to the dozen or so only on TVF.

I don't argue to justify anything to any number of people on this board, I argue, at the risk of sounding pompous, because I believe in the position I take.

Mugabe doesn't have any relevance here. Mugabe's election machine relies on violence, thuggery and murder, backed by the police, army and courts, together with widespread ballot rigging. That is manifestly not what has happened in the last several elections. Ironically, given that you raised the subject, Sutheps shenanigans at last months election reads like it was taken from Mugabe's manual of electioneering!

• Like 2

" Not doing bad for an unelected economy not having to put up with the mistaken choices of its ignorant voters.Thailand can, and should learn from this."

This post just depresses me. tuzki_003.gif

10 posters ??cheesy.gif

It doesn't matter who does the probes-Donald Duck if you like, they have to be done to correct and bring to light IRREGULARITIES -Do you agree with that ???

All that has taken place is protests bringing the courts into play, not numbers they do not count. Sutheps job is done the judges to decide.

If the government are out of order then someone has to address that. I am afraid you do not think that should be addressed, and when it finds the wrong YOU will say it's fixed. You are the one that has to re think about your morals. Accept the wrongs and urge for reform. It is easy unless like you --in denial as always.

YOU follow the money, don't you agree to that ???? steal and your sacked not voted back.

10 to 1 Suthep has been on the phone to Sondhi trying to get some tips on how to get by as a discarded street thug of the elite.

All over for him now

• Like 2

10 posters ??cheesy.gif

10 to 1 Suthep has been on the phone to Sondhi trying to get some tips on how to get by as a discarded street thug of the elite.

All over for him now

His strategy has worked!! She and the PTP are toast and he planned to retire anyway so we should all wish him a happy retirement and award him a medal of honour for saving Thailand from the throes of a corrupt despotic regime!!

• Like 1

10 posters ??cheesy.gif

All over for him now

All he did was highlight the wrongs, no harm in that if Thailand is to go from strength to strength. Thank U Suthep.

By the way a few of you pro/gov supporters are changing names--wonder why.???

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 2

" Not doing bad for an unelected economy not having to put up with the mistaken choices of its ignorant voters.Thailand can, and should learn from this."

This post just depresses me. tuzki_003.gif

Tut Tut - don't get depressed now. I didn't know an economy could be elected either. Guess there are some strange people who vote for recessions facepalm.gif

Seriously - the world's top two most populated countries. One has a one party tightly controlled form of government the other is the world's biggest democracy. Which has the most corruption? Answers on a postcard to..........

Corruption is not a product of one political system,

• Like 1

With them waiting for the CC to rule on the need of a new Royal Decree and a few other things, with the Bangkok Governor just yellow carded, it would seem that the E.C. has some time to look into allegations around the currently not-so-progressing elections.

Better now than when the "unknown status" government isues a Royal Decree suddenly. They wouldn't have time then to look into 'minor details'

I don't argue to justify anything to any number of people on this board, I argue, at the risk of sounding pompous, because I believe in the position I take.

Mugabe doesn't have any relevance here. Mugabe's election machine relies on violence, thuggery and murder, backed by the police, army and courts, together with widespread ballot rigging. That is manifestly not what has happened in the last several elections. Ironically, given that you raised the subject, Sutheps shenanigans at last months election reads like it was taken from Mugabe's manual of electioneering!

I didn't realise that Mugabe's manual of electioneering included boycotting elections.

Or look back to your own native land where regardless of how badly jack L, cj, Albert, Bertie and then biffo mismanaged, stole, back handed and generally ruined the country. (I will exclude biffo from the corruption blanket - super incompetent - but not corrupt per se). Between them they Bankrupted the country twice in the space of 35 years, and presided over the two biggest emigration drives the country saw aside from the famine years - and if they don't get back in two years time

They will certainly be back in 6. Hallelujah. Democracy at its best! Doh.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by getthaid
  • Like 1

Or look back to your own native land where regardless of how badly jack L, cj, Albert, Bertie and then biffo mismanaged, stole, back handed and generally ruined the country. (I will exclude biffo from the corruption blanket - super incompetent - but not corrupt per se). Between them they Bankrupted the country twice in the space of 35 years, and presided over the two biggest emigration drives the country saw aside from the famine years - and if they don't get back in two years time

They will certainly be back in 6. Hallelujah. Democracy at its best! Doh

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Democracy is not perfect, but however inept, it is preferable to the alternative. All those Irish politicians you name tolerated opposition. An appointed government in Thailand will face opposition, and given that its main task is to ensure that the opposition does not regain power, it will have to suppress the opposition in a ruthless and probably brutal manner.

We hear the PDRC announcing that they mean to eliminate all traces of the Shinawatra "regime". A cry taken up with enthusiasm by many on this board. I suspect that it would be as a bloody business. Sadly there are those on this board who would accept this.

Edited by JAG