Disappearance of Malaysian jet appears 'deliberate': PM

Lite Beer

I wonder what the ransom value is of a 777 plus passengers!

I wonder what the Islamics believe could be the value of seriously pi**ing off the Chinese???

It would not be the first time that flight crew have hijacked their own airliner.....

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what the ransom value is of a 777 plus passengers!

I wonder what the Islamics believe could be the value of seriously pi**ing off the Chinese???

It would not be the first time that flight crew have hijacked their own airliner.....

Only very recently too . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561047/Hijacked-Ethiopian-Airlines-plane-bound-Rome-lands-Geneva-passengers-crew-safe.html

nowhere to land

The Malaysian authorities revealed today that last satellite communication from flight MH370 was at 8.11am Malaysian time.

This is way past the time the flight was due to land in Beijing.

The two 'corridors' investigators believe it could have flown, are either north towards the Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan border, or south towards Indonesia and the Indian Ocean.

If it flew north, at 8.11am, the plane could have been above Thailand, China Myanmar, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan.

However, the Wall Street Journal points out that it is unlikely to have been able to pass through so many countries undetected especially China or India which both have air defence systems.

Here's the most plausible analysis I managed to find sifting through the b.s "news stories" for the entire week:

http://www.4key.net/false-flags/awacs-ed-malaysian-airlines-flight-370/

http://www.4key.net/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-patents-patents-patents/

Also watch the flightradar24 tracking clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOnttdqTXIQ

Notice the military AWAC plane appearing 2:17 into the clip.

Edited by santaf

From OP:

"As unconfirmed reports had mounted suggesting the plane banked west and flew for hours, analysts have speculated on a sudden loss of cabin pressure or other mechanical event that incapacitated the pilots, catastrophic pilot error, a hijack, action by a rogue member of the flight crew, or pilot suicide."

"sudden loss of cabin pressure" - no. Disabling of transponder and messaging systems happened 12 minutes apart and would be done by a person. Contradictive action too.

"Or other mechanical event that incapacitated the pilots" - see above.

"catastrophic pilot error" - no. Deliberate turning off of tracking.

"A hijack" - Would have to be someone knowledgeable enough to turn off the transponder rather than let a pilot tune the transponder to 7500 which is the code for a hijack. Also have to know to turn off the messaging service.

"Action by a rogue member of the flight crew" - Bingo.

"Pilot suicide" - Wouldn't bother turning off transponder and messaging service. Would wait until other pilot was out of the cabin and nose the plane into the sea. Might be able to lock the other pilot out of the cabin or kill him, or the plane might break up from over speed on the airframe in a steep dive.

$.02

• Like 2

They are wasting time looking for the plane at the bottom of the ocean... what they should be doing is scouring every airport in the Middle East of countries that are hostile to the west.... for example YEMEN and PAKISTAN.... no doubt more than a few people are involved.... the plane has not been hijacked for ransom.... it is obvious that whoever is behind this thought it through and are probably using the plane as a weapon... the passengers are in some auditorium being held hostage... but the hijackers do not want them... they are merely "collateral damage.."

Let's see how this plays out....

Yes agree... but I think its all a ploy to push media attention away from the real situation at hand...

but who knows because Ive been wrong on many occasions.

If you are saying it, then the NSA and. CIA are looking already.

Perhaps so nobody could track them----duh----- clap2.gifcheesy.gif

And why exactly would a civilian airliner need the ability not to be tracked? Stupid boy! jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

Anything electrical can be turned off,or disconnected or caused to fail in some way------- so I say again----- in this particular instance it was"so nobody could track them". You asked "why" I tell you why------- understand now?clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh dear, you really are slow on the uptake aren't you!

I'll try and explain my original question so you can understand.

Why would any civilian airliner in the world need the ability to have it's tracking devices turned off? Surely this could be misused by someone in an attempt to hide the aircraft, something not needed in a civilian airliner. They should be made tamper proof so the aircraft is traceable at all times

Understand? jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gifjerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gifjerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

If you are going to be obnoxious and disrespectful, at least be intelligent, armed with knowledge or correct. Transponders that malfunction can disrupt tracking if other aircraft in area or act as a radar jamming device. Everything that has an electronic power supply in an aircraft needs to have the ability to be switched off or be on a circuit breaker in case of shorting, arcing, fire hazard or disruption of other powered sources.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

Evidence of a plot by Malaysian Islamists to hijack a passenger jet in a 9/11-style attack is being investigated in connection with the disappearance of Flight MH370

An al-Qaeda supergrass told a court last week that four to five Malaysian men had been planning to take control of a plane, using a bomb hidden in a shoe to blow open the cockpit door.

Security experts said the evidence from a convicted British terrorist was credible. The supergrass said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists one of whom was a pilot in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.

Mr Razak told a news conference that new satellite evidence shows "with a high degree of certainty" that the aircraft's communications systems were disabled

That's some satellite they've got there.

rolleyes.gif

An earlier news report out of the US said the US authorities broke this news, based on some type of Boeing "ping" to the satellite that even though this airline was not subscribed to the Boeing service it still was communicating with the satellite and that's how they determined when each part of the system was disabled. Evidently, it took highly trained aviators, and the pilot is under scrutiny now. If you read the blogs on that original USA report, there are all sorts of scary scenarios being posited, such as the plane being used as a sort of super attack vehicle in the future. There was evidence to suggest they took the plane up to 45,000 feet which resulted in the deaths of all passengers from lack of oxygen.

Hmm, I thought it was a ping from the UK Rolls Royce Engines and further information from the UK that brought this about.

I have been watching news out of the USA, Fox, (sorry..... that is what I have), very poor, very speculative, almost bar-room gossip, and lacking in Engineering knowledge. I do hope the USA assets in the Indian Ocean can now resolve this.

It WAS hijacked: Malaysian official says it's CONCLUSIVE jet carrying 239 was seized by individual or group 'with significant flying experience' as PM admits tracking was 'deliberately' disabled

Investigators believe the missing Malaysia Airlines jet could have been hijacked and steered off-course.

Now what is it "CONCLUSIVE" or "could have been hijacked"?

They haven't a Scooby how to deal with this situation and you have to feel for the families of the missing. BS coming out of some Malaysian authority/airline rep on a daily basis.

Is there any reason why transponders are able to be switched off by pilots? Makes no sense at all.

Why would a commercial plane want to, and be allowed to hide?

3 post above. . .

Thanks.

Plane 'disappearance deliberate'
Kuala Lumpur

30229328-01_big.gif

A well-wisher writes a message for the passengers of a missing Malaysia Airlines plane on a banner at Kuala Lumpur International Airport yesterday. The missing aircraft

Communication was manually switched off and jet flew for hours after that, says Najib; Search operations in South China Sea called off

A missing Malaysian airliner was apparently deliberately diverted and flown for hours after vanishing from radar, Prime Minister Najib Razak said yesterday, stopping short of confirming a hijack but taking the "excruciating" jet drama into uncharted new territory.

Najib said investigators believed "with a high degree of certainty" that Malaysia Airlines flight 370's communications systems were manually switched off, and that the plane veered westward in a fashion "consistent with deliberate action" after dropping off primary radar.

But he told a highly anticipated press conference watched around the globe that he could not confirm rising suspicions that the plane had been forcibly taken over.

"Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path," he said.

The investigation data appeared to cast aside a host of theories attempting to explain the plane's disappearance, which has transfixed the world and left the families of the 239 passengers and crew distraught, enraged and baying for information that authorities have not been able to provide.

"We realise this is an excruciating time for the families of those on board. No words can describe the pain they must be going through," Najib said. He did not take questions.

Previous theories included a sudden mid-air explosion, catastrophic equipment or structural failure, or a crash into the South China Sea.

At the same time, the announcement opened a whole new avenue of speculation including an attempted 9/11-style attack, enhancing the intrigue surrounding one of the biggest enigmas in modern aviation history.

Final satellite communication with the Boeing 777 flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing came more than six and a half hours after it vanished from civilian radar at 1.30am on March 8, Najib said.

That would have been around the time that Malaysia Airlines has said the plane would have run out of fuel.

He said investigators had concluded the plane was indeed diverted to the west from its original flight path, and as a result search operations in the South China Sea were being called off.

But the remaining area remained dauntingly large. Najib said the plane could be anywhere from "Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean".

Earlier, a senior Malaysian military official had told AFP that investigators now believe the plane was commandeered by a "skilled, competent and current pilot" who knew how to avoid radar.

The official stopped short of specifying whether a hijacker or member of the crew was suspected.

As the search for the plane continues, the focus in the gripping saga will shift to who would have diverted the plane and why.

Malaysian security officials were already embarrassed by revelations earlier in the week that two Iranian men had managed to board the plane using stolen European passports.

It could also bring new attention on Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, and his First Officer Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27. Malaysian reporters said they witnessed police enter Zaharie's house yesterday. They said police spent two hours there. Police declined comment.

An Australian television station had days earlier broadcast an interview with a young South African woman who alleged Fariq and another pilot colleague invited them into the cockpit of a flight he co-piloted in 2011 - a breach of post-9/11 security rules.

Gerry Soejatman, a Jakarta-based independent aviation analyst, told AFP the new information makes a motive in a possible terror conspiracy "extremely difficult to understand".

"If that was deliberate, we may be dealing with something beyond the mission planning for 9/11," he said.

As reports mounted suggesting the plane had banked west, analysts have speculated on a sudden loss of cabin pressure or other mechanical event that incapacitated the pilots, catastrophic pilot error, a hijack, action by a rogue member of the flight crew or pilot suicide.

An international search effort has steadily shifted search and rescue resources towards the Indian Ocean.

Dozens of ships and aircraft from 14 countries have been deployed across the entire search zone since MH370 went missing.

Malaysia has not been the target of any notable terror attacks, but terror analysts say it is home to several individuals alleged to be operatives of militant Islamic groups such as the al-Qaeda linked Jemaah Islamiyah.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-16

Maybe--by "arrangement "-- it had more fuel onboard than logged ??--I believe a 777 can fly up to 18hrs--certainly can for 12hrs --that would extend it's whereabouts possibilities somewhat--if the aircraft was in controlled flight --

Just a thought--but no doubt that has been covered by those involved with the search--

It WAS hijacked: Malaysian official says it's CONCLUSIVE jet carrying 239 was seized by individual or group 'with significant flying experience' as PM admits tracking was 'deliberately' disabled

Investigators believe the missing Malaysia Airlines jet could have been hijacked and steered off-course.

Now what is it "CONCLUSIVE" or "could have been hijacked"?

There's the depressing possibility that something mechanical went wrong, the passengers were killed by lack of oxygen but the pilots survived, and the pilots have hidden the evidence. Does that make it a hijacking? The only conclusion available is that someone continued to control the plane.

Two fake or stolen passports.

Two Iranian Asylum seekers.

A recipe for trouble?

The one guy was 19 and he wanted to meet his mom in Germany.

Pretty sure he knew all about how to switch off transponders and knowing the difference between Leerdamer and Gouda cheese.

Why don't you go and Google first, as relatives, friends of the missing people might read that too.

So according to your logic , sweet little , innocent mama's boy, flew into Thailand ? Managed to find way to purchase stolen passport? Not only stolen but have it forged to input his photo? Then not only forged , but expertly forged to be able to leave Thailand , enter Malaysia and leave Malaysia without so much as lifting an eye brow ?? And all this because he wanted to see his mum???

Oh did I mention those passports ain't cheap??

So again to summarize . Someone comes to Thailand , finds connections to get real passport, have it forged , pay for it, and all of these just so that he can see his mum ??......

I am almost 40 years old, spent 1/3 of it in Thailand , and I would not even know where to start to look for stolen or fake passports, not would I even have a clue where to find gangs who can forge passports. I am certain most of the population would not have a clue and yet the "innocent" knew and done it all in a foreign country.

It sure does help to think occasionally before posting wink.png

He was most likely being trafficked into Europe. The passport was purchased by traffickers on his behalf. He most likely entered Malaysia on his own passport, not the stolen one. The stolen one was used at the airport as he was leaving the country. Most countries don't care too much who is leaving and they don't care too much who is transiting, but they do care about who is entering.

The human trafficking networks are quite sophisticated. They often have immigration officials on the take to make sure that the person isn't stopped.

The Malaysians should be able to find out when, how and the name, passport used when they entered Malaysia. I believe they interviewed a friend of one of them where they had stayed the night before the flight.

It doesn't eliminate the need to investigate them, but terrorists would be very silly to use stolen passports. It's too risky and terrorists usually require a fair amount of preparation.

• Like 2

Incredible to think that nobody thought about secret tracking devices fitted into planes, like the ones you can fit into your car in case it's stolen.

Major oversight or what?

The technology exists and no commercial airline uses it. It's relatively inexpensive around 1500 USD and costs 1.5 USD to use.

Two fake or stolen passports.

Two Iranian Asylum seekers.

A recipe for trouble?

The one guy was 19 and he wanted to meet his mom in Germany.

Pretty sure he knew all about how to switch off transponders and knowing the difference between Leerdamer and Gouda cheese.

Why don't you go and Google first, as relatives, friends of the missing people might read that too.

So according to your logic , sweet little , innocent mama's boy, flew into Thailand ? Managed to find way to purchase stolen passport? Not only stolen but have it forged to input his photo? Then not only forged , but expertly forged to be able to leave Thailand , enter Malaysia and leave Malaysia without so much as lifting an eye brow ?? And all this because he wanted to see his mum???

Oh did I mention those passports ain't cheap??

So again to summarize . Someone comes to Thailand , finds connections to get real passport, have it forged , pay for it, and all of these just so that he can see his mum ??......

I am almost 40 years old, spent 1/3 of it in Thailand , and I would not even know where to start to look for stolen or fake passports, not would I even have a clue where to find gangs who can forge passports. I am certain most of the population would not have a clue and yet the "innocent" knew and done it all in a foreign country.

It sure does help to think occasionally before posting wink.png

He was most likely being trafficked into Europe. The passport was purchased by traffickers on his behalf. He most likely entered Malaysia on his own passport, not the stolen one. The stolen one was used at the airport as he was leaving the country. Most countries don't care too much who is leaving and they don't care too much who is transiting, but they do care about who is entering.

The human trafficking networks are quite sophisticated. They often have immigration officials on the take to make sure that the person isn't stopped.

The Malaysians should be able to find out when, how and the name, passport used when they entered Malaysia. I believe they interviewed a friend of one of them where they had stayed the night before the flight.

It doesn't eliminate the need to investigate them, but terrorists would be very silly to use stolen passports. It's too risky and terrorists usually require a fair amount of preparation.

Thank you for a rare voice of sanity

It looks more and more like the pilot wanted to make a political statement. This has been circulating in Malaysia for quite a while now.

The pilot is a supporter of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim - he even attended the trial last week and was upset about the outcome being absolutely sure the opposition leader had been framed (again) by the Malaysian government. The same day he was scheduled to pilot flight MH 370.

Word since several days is that the pilot wants to make a political statement and expose the incompetence of the Malaysian government and government agencies - if this was his intention he most certainly has succeeded!

The Malaysian government is trying to cover up so far the real reasons - they have known for days that the plane has been taken - and still denied the signals from the engines trying to communicate with Rolls Royce's technical department hours after the plane "disappeared" - when the news was already reported by the WSJ.

With the high tech flight simulator the pilot had at his home - he could have not only simulated landing the Boing 777 - but simulated landings on thousands of airports or airstrips he has never visited or flown to in person - the simulations are incredible accurate - some of the airports / airstrips very remote and maybe some abandoned ones used previously in remote areas.

And this is where I would concentrate the search now.

• Like 1

It looks more and more like the pilot wanted to make a political statement. This has been circulating in Malaysia for quite a while now.

The pilot is a supporter of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim - he even attended the trial last week and was upset about the outcome being absolutely sure the opposition leader had been framed (again) by the Malaysian government. The same day he was scheduled to pilot flight MH 370.

Word since several days is that the pilot wants to make a political statement and expose the incompetence of the Malaysian government and government agencies - if this was his intention he most certainly has succeeded!

The Malaysian government is trying to cover up so far the real reasons - they have known for days that the plane has been taken - and still denied the signals from the engines trying to communicate with Rolls Royce's technical department hours after the plane "disappeared" - when the news was already reported by the WSJ.

With the high tech flight simulator the pilot had at his home - he could have not only simulated landing the Boing 777 - but simulated landings on thousands of airports or airstrips he has never visited or flown to in person - the simulations are incredible accurate - some of the airports / airstrips very remote and maybe some abandoned ones used previously in remote areas.

And this is where I would concentrate the search now.

That's interesting, and I'm sure the NSA has gone through that same analysis, and has turned its big birds in the sky to zero in on any such airstrips already. But, as already mentioned, good camouflage netting would make detection very difficult.

This latest report should get the tinfoil hat brigade foaming at the mouth.... I am surprised that no one has concentrated on the 20 or so passengers who were employees of the defence-related company that was involved in making things "disappear".... whistling.gif

Please elaborate on that "THEORYsad.pngcoffee1.gif "

I love the dailymail biggrin.png

Latest -

Doomed airliner pilot was political fanatic

Link to dailymail....Doomed-airliner-pilot-political-fanatic............html

The idea that the sudden climb to 45kft was to knock out the passengers seems plausible. At such low air pressure at that height I dont know even of the emergency drop down O2 would help.

Curiouser and curiouser

At this point, i'm believing the daily mail's timeline and reasoning..blink.png

Ya, i know, the dailymail.......

Thats when you KNOW you're desperate for info! w00t.gif

Edited by jamhar

What puzzles me is that none of the 200+ passengers on the 'plane appear to have called, Emailed or used any readily available Social Media to contact the outside world and let them know what was happening on the aircraft; OK many of the Chinese passengers may not have been technologically "aware" but, just as an example, there were 20 very skilled Computer Hardware designers on board - all of whom must surely have had access to their own iPhones or whatever.

It would be impossible for Hijackers to impound all such devices - and if it was the Flight Crew who took over the aircraft after locking themselves in the Flight Deck then they certainly could not have stopped passengers communicating with the outside world.

Patrick

What puzzles me is that none of the 200+ passengers on the 'plane appear to have called, Emailed or used any readily available Social Media to contact the outside world and let them know what was happening on the aircraft; OK many of the Chinese passengers may not have been technologically "aware" but, just as an example, there were 20 very skilled Computer Hardware designers on board - all of whom must surely have had access to their own iPhones or whatever.

It would be impossible for Hijackers to impound all such devices - and if it was the Flight Crew who took over the aircraft after locking themselves in the Flight Deck then they certainly could not have stopped passengers communicating with the outside world.

Patrick

Maybe not so puzzling. Would it be possible to pipe through the cabin ventilation system some kind of gas that would knock them all out at once?

"Neither that team (the Malaysian air force base at Butterworth) nor the crews at two other radar installations at Kota Bharu, closer to where the airliner last had contact with the ground, designated the blip as an unknown intruder warranting attention, the person said. The aircraft proceeded to fly across the country and out to sea without anyone on watch telling a superior and alerting the national defense command near Kuala Lumpur, even though the radar contact’s flight path did not correspond to any filed flight plan. As a result, combat aircraft never scrambled to investigate."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/world/asia/series-of-errors-by-malaysia-mounts-complicating-the-task-of-finding-flight-370.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Difficult to imagine incompetence to such a degree. How could a hijacker have planned on such multiple oversight?