Samut Prakan garbage site fire: Hundreds of families evacuated

webfact

My kids were sent home from school on Ramkhamhaeng yesterday. They have gone to school today, but the staff will close all the windows.

Which soi off Ramkhamhaeng?

I'm in the same area, but once I got to the school (soi 16) the toxic stench had gone. Really depends on the wind.

I am expecting a phonecall from school if it ever does get bad there.

118...you must be at Traill?

My kids were sent home from school on Ramkhamhaeng yesterday. They have gone to school today, but the staff will close all the windows.

I'm in the same area, but once I got to the school (soi 16) the toxic stench had gone. Really depends on the wind.

Yep!

Luckily the aircon was cleaned a month ago; a mere crumb of comfort. Gave up on buying an air purifier as most of them are useless until you hit the 40k baht level - had one on trial and, as expected, did nothing after about 10 days as the filters are far too small and thin.

Yep!

Luckily the aircon was cleaned a month ago; a mere crumb of comfort. Gave up on buying an air purifier as most of them are useless until you hit the 40k baht level - had one on trial and, as expected, did nothing after about 10 days as the filters are far too small and thin.

I was going to send my kids to Traill but they wouldn't shift on their tariff rates

In Bangkok (or at least in my part of it) we had heavy rain this morning. I hope Samut Prakarn also got some. Maybe not enough to douse the fire but at least it should clear the air a bit.