Green book with a different name

kandi

A good friend of mine is going to give me his old motorbike (Honda Dream 100cc), he will send it by post from Koh Samui to Bangkok.

He has the green book. However, his name is different from the name in the green book. If he passes both the bike and the green book on to me and I drive around with a different name inside, will it cause me any trouble? Or is the green book itself enough? If not, is there any chance to change it? Unfortunately, the guy whose name is in the green book has gone back to his home country over 10 years ago already.

They tend to only be concerned with the road tax and ctpl being up to date,I think the only problem would be selling it, you would only be able to get 3rd class insurance on a bike this old so named rider should not be an issue.

They tend to only be concerned with the road tax and ctpl being up to date,I think the only problem would be selling it, you would only be able to get 3rd class insurance on a bike this old so named rider should not be an issue.

Thanks for your reply. Even though I've been driven several bikes in many parts of Thailand, this will be my first own bike, so I'm not really familiar with the procedures. After I've picked it up at the post office, is there anything bureaucratic have to do except getting a motorbike licence?

Thanks for your reply. Even though I've been driven several bikes in many parts of Thailand, this will be my first own bike, so I'm not really familiar with the procedures. After I've picked it up at the post office, is there anything bureaucratic have to do except getting a motorbike licence?

Just make sure the road tax and CTPL insurance are paid up for the bike, there are many testing centres do all this for you, just look for the sign.

Car_Inspection_Service2-crop.jpg

you can use it, no any problem,

as saying that bike it's over than 10 years old, you need to bring it to the garage where they do a yearly check, to pay 60 baht, for every motobike elder than 5 years, this is a usual procedure, and plus u need insurance, that's it,

for sale, you can't sale it bcoz the name transfer needs the orgin owner that registred on the green book,

you can use it, no any problem,

as saying that bike it's over than 10 years old, you need to bring it to the garage where they do a yearly check, to pay 60 baht, for every motobike elder than 5 years, this is a usual procedure, and plus u need insurance, that's it,

for sale, you can't sale it bcoz the name transfer needs the orgin owner that registred on the green book,

Thanks. I didn't plan to sell it anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem. My friend told me he's just been to the Honda shop and paid taxes and some small repairs. Should be fine now.