• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch it?

Their cars got a good spicking bricking. coffee1.gif

I did enjoyed it

Explain why?

The programme was entertaining ,i like Clarkson and co my wife always enjoys watching top gear ,(strange for a Thai woman i would think ,but true ) as for the end ,Argentinians are just sore losers ,i did notice that the claimed some other terrotory. that belonged to Chlie ,why not go to war with them?

• 4 weeks later...

When youre sharing a foxhole with another man, you don't worry about what color he is, just whether or not he will protect your back.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Did you see Clarkson in India? The indians think the world of him ,as do the Slopes

Nah, wouldn't waste the bandwidth. Glad to hear he met all the Indians though, and that all 1.52 billion of them concur on their judgement of him.

What is 'prick' in Hindi anyway, or is it something that is left unspoken with the real judgement hidden behind a smile, like in Thailand? I prefer the Argentine translation, which I assume is 'brick'. tongue.png

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Nah, wouldn't waste the bandwidth. Glad to hear he met all the Indians though, and that all 1.52 billion of them concur on their judgement of him.

What is 'prick' in Hindi anyway, or is it something that is left unspoken with the real judgement hidden behind a smile, like in Thailand? I prefer the Argentine translation, which I assume is 'brick'. tongue.png

Wow,we do have our knickers in a twist dont we? @##$% #$# racist

Not really, I just like ridiculing bigoted dunces that think it's perfectly reasonable to interject with 'call a spade a spade......' in a topic about racism. Sorry if the use of sarcasm, polysyllables, punctuation and grammar makes you assume I'm somehow wound up, I assure you that I'm not.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Why is there this indignant, self righteous fury because a white man visiting Thailand supposedly said a, possibly somewhat derogatory, word to describe Asians but I as a white person can be dismissively referred to as a farang, by Thai people, over and over again, all day, everyday, every week, every year, with utter, self entitled impunity?

You're right but I don't think the Thais complained because they wouldn't know what the word "slope" means anyway. Hell even I didn't know that a slope can have multiple meanings and could be considered to be a homonym - for me a slope is an incline and that's it. The ones who complained were the self-righteous politically correct elite in the west, somewhat still trying to apologize for the past wrongs of their long dead ancestors who are spreading their political correctness virus all over the world, including to countries like Thailand.

To all the politically correct out there.

Don't forget Farang is also derogatory

So lets just live with the slopes , gooks, round eyes, farangs, and all the other names that come to mind.

Im sure all the poms have a few for the mid east Asians and Africans

In Japan my mate was called a round eyed egg and bacon eater,,,,,,

Why is there this indignant, self righteous fury because a white man visiting Thailand supposedly said a, possibly somewhat derogatory, word to describe Asians but I as a white person can be dismissively referred to as a farang, by Thai people, over and over again, all day, everyday, every week, every year, with utter, self entitled impunity?

Because thai people dont know any better. Most of them dont have their own tv show either.

Because thai people dont know any better. Most of them dont have their own tv show either.

Hmmmm. Bit of a generalisation there then.

However, they certainly have no problem being racist about Burmese people, in my experience.

Liverpool row: Jeremy Clarkson blasted an 'oaf' after claims North is like 'being abroad' TOP Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been branded an "oaf and a buffoon" after he blasted the North of England as like being "abroad".

People up there earn less, die more quickly, have fewer jobs and live in houses that are worth the square root of sod all.

Jeremy Clarkson

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/559953/Jeremy-Clarkson-derogatory-Liverpool-comments-blasted

Liverpool row: Jeremy Clarkson blasted an 'oaf' after claims North is like 'being abroad' TOP Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been branded an "oaf and a buffoon" after he blasted the North of England as like being "abroad".

People up there earn less, die more quickly, have fewer jobs and live in houses that are worth the square root of sod all.

Jeremy Clarkson

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/559953/Jeremy-Clarkson-derogatory-Liverpool-comments-blasted
Im from Manchester and he is right. In addition isnt he from Doncaster. I think he knows what hes talking about. IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING HAHAHAHAHA

This is not in any way racist.......

Last time I was driving in Japan, a jap driver leaned out of his car and shouted ,,, LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING, YOU ROUND EYED EGG AND BACON EATER

Now would you call that a recist remark ?

What is a "jap driver?" Do you think this is 1946? Your mind is still corrupted by WWII propaganda?

Also, your story is highly improbable. After living 16 years in Japan I can tell you the chances of any

Japanese driver spontaneously yelling such words at you is less than 1:100,000,000.

And for several reasons. First, very few Japanese speak fluent Englisharrow-10x10.png. Secondly, the scenario you

describe does not fit Japanese culture -- it's much more like American culture.

In short, I seriously doubt the veracity of your story, mainly due to your overtly racist "jap" remark.

Jap is similar to Brit or Yank I would think. Methinks there is a sad lack of understanding humour.

Last time I was driving in Japan, a jap driver leaned out of his car and shouted ,,, LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING, YOU ROUND EYED EGG AND BACON EATER

What is a "jap driver?" Do you think this is 1946? Your mind is still corrupted by WWII propaganda?

Also, your story is highly improbable. After living 16 years in Japan I can tell you the chances of any

Japanese driver spontaneously yelling such words at you is less than 1:100,000,000.

And for several reasons. First, very few Japanese speak fluent Englisharrow-10x10.png. Secondly, the scenario you

In short, I seriously doubt the veracity of your story, mainly due to your overtly racist "jap" remark.

Jap is similar to Brit or Yank I would think. Methinks there is a sad lack of understanding humour.

Correct nail on head,,,At last, At LAST someone that has understood the joke ,,,,Praise be to budder.:) te he he

Jeremy Clarkson

Im from Manchester and he is right. In addition isnt he from Doncaster. I think he knows what hes talking about. IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING HAHAHAHAHA

The last time I got off the train at Lime Street I thought i was in Bombay Great chicken Tikka Masala though

https://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/clarkson-twitter-row-labour-mp-110500317.html

TOP GEAR host Jeremy Clarkson has traded on-line insults with shadow transport minister Michael Dugher, saying the motoring show is not made "for people who wear pink ties".

The politician kicked the row off by describing Clarkson as "basically an idiot" who was "not remotely representative of motorists".

Clarkson replied on Twitter, saying: " Labour's transport spokesman says he doesn't like Top Gear. Good. We don't make it for people who wear pink ties."

Mr Dugher said: "Obviously I wear red ties a lot. But what's wrong with the occasional pink one?! What on earth might someone be implying...?"

The Labour MP is not the first politician to fall out with the controversial TV host - diplomats from Argentina, Mexico and India have all complained about the way their nations were portrayed on the show.

Last year ended with the BBC motoring show's crew forced to flee Argentina after trouble erupted when it emerged they were using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people suggested could refer to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

2014 also saw the BBC put Clarkson on his final warning following a racism row after claims he used the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

That led to Mr Dugher's colleague, Harriet Harman, calling for the BBC to sack the presenter.

https://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/clarkson-twitter-row-labour-mp-110500317.html

TOP GEAR host Jeremy Clarkson has traded on-line insults with shadow transport minister Michael Dugher, saying the motoring show is not made "for people who wear pink ties".

The politician kicked the row off by describing Clarkson as "basically an idiot" who was "not remotely representative of motorists".

Clarkson replied on Twitter, saying: " Labour's transport spokesman says he doesn't like Top Gear. Good. We don't make it for people who wear pink ties."

Mr Dugher said: "Obviously I wear red ties a lot. But what's wrong with the occasional pink one?! What on earth might someone be implying...?"

The Labour MP is not the first politician to fall out with the controversial TV host - diplomats from Argentina, Mexico and India have all complained about the way their nations were portrayed on the show.

Last year ended with the BBC motoring show's crew forced to flee Argentina after trouble erupted when it emerged they were using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people suggested could refer to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

2014 also saw the BBC put Clarkson on his final warning following a racism row after claims he used the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

That led to Mr Dugher's colleague, Harriet Harman, calling for the BBC to sack the presenter.

Being attacked by Harriet must be like being savaged by a Chiwawa.

jeremy had to hide under the bed to escape the argies and they made the xmas special an even better xmas special

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson--hid-under-bed--from-angry-mob-in-argentina-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-121241675.html

Jeremy Clarkson 'hid under bed' from angry mob in Argentina – Daily TV round-up Top Gear star says mob '100 percent wanted to kill us'.

Not only did he hide under the bed he ran away to Buenos Aires and left behind 29 members of his production crew to deal with the violence while he was tucked up in his safe little bed hundreds of miles away. What a brave little tiger he is - diddums bah.gif

That would have to apply to the other two as well then, because they were together in the hotel room looking out at the mob, and are you saying the mob followed them to Buenos Aires? Why do you not include the Hamster and May in your diatribe?

At Local Hospital:-

attachicon.gifSlope-01.JPG

attachicon.gifSlope-02.JPG

attachicon.gifSlope-03.jpg

w00t.gif

Just laid a concrete car park slab and I instructed the Thai workers to ensure it had a slight "sa-lope" to it. They new exactly what I meant and to confirm, used their hand to indicate which way the sa-lope would go to join the gutter drain.

A lot of gentle slight slopes in Suckhumvit and Pattaya

Japs can be very rude, My wife was working for a bank at london airport as a exchange clerk.. A jap guy changed some currency, and after a day or two

on his return journey changed the remaining GB pounds back to Jap yen He said to my wife bad rate not fair blaa blaa,,

My wife said ,sorry Sir its Fluctuation,,And he screamed,,, Fluck you British as well

At Local Hospital:-

attachicon.gifSlope-01.JPG

attachicon.gifSlope-02.JPG

attachicon.gifSlope-03.jpg

w00t.gif

As someone who works in Thai factories, I can honestly say that their health and safety signage is some of the worst I've ever come across.

Safety signage follows an INTERNATIONAL code.

This sign could read ramp or gradient, but in their wisdom, Thai H&S officers resolutely refuse to check out the conventional signs relying on their own poor English to come up with and alternative.