World Cup Prediction Competition.....

chonabot

QUOTE(Backpack_thailand @ 2006-06-14 19:04:43) *

QUOTE(Nongwahyay @ 2006-06-14 23:53:45) *

Just wanted to say a big word of thanks and appreciation to Chonabot for investing so much of your time in keeping us all up-to-date with the points table................. and I don´t care what everyone else is calling you behind your back (no...just a little joke...), you´re doing a great job (although it´s about time you learned to evaluate what I MEANT to predict and not be put off by what I actually wrote.............would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!).

Hear-Hear!

thumbsup.gif

Hear - hear -hear jap.gif

Here here, nice one Chon, mate - this is good fun.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wll my beginners luck seems to have run out, dropped down to level peg with totty btw the only time you will ever be as good as me :o , but at least i am still ahead of redrus, haha you northern monkey :D

Chon me old mate, how much scrumpy do i have to supply you with to move me up the table? I would say you were doing a great job, but you keep moving me down, which i tell ya i aint happy about :D:D

Edited by daleyboy

We're ( u me & tots ) still only second division quality....but

a 3-0 for England tonite,,,,yabba dabba doooo

Second division is ok with me mate, as i expect tots is quite happy there also, we both know nothing whatsoever about football, because we live in the west country where they play a mans game called rugby :o:D

I would also like to add my thanks to Chon for organising this competition. :D

It really is great fun. :D

I still have not got ONE prediction correct although I got all last nights outcomes correct, I am still without that elusive CORRECT RESULT :D

In fact I have only got 3 oucomes wrong, hence my reasonable position....at least I am above Chuchock now and if I can finish higher than him then I will be happy :D

I would NEVER hear the last of it if he beat me :D

Maybee tonights the night for a correct prediction???? :o

OK Sing Sling - thanks for the bribe...... have told my wife to buy herself something nice with it - the long haul up to a Champions League position has begun................ and I have no problem with revealing my secret here and now............. I got my wife to help we with my new predictions (she´s a clever Isaan lady......and knows her onions when it comes to football) - I hope I haven´t disqualified myself now!!!!!!!! And in case any of you see the huge crowd watching the game on a huge screen in front of the Brandenburg Gate here in Berlin this evening on TV, I´m the one wearing the England t-shirt and base-cap.......................................my wife is supporting Australia (??????????)

Hi.

Thanks for organising the league , lots of fun.

I'm running the same league at work and a cheeky Thai guy went and predicted 1-0 for every match and stormed to the top with 49points from 4 correct results (Eng -Par, Hol-Serb, Port - Ang, Bra- Croatia) in the first round! ..

The format seems to reward conservative punting a bit too much.

Do you have a spreadsheet to calculate the scores btw?? ..

Hi.

Thanks for organising the league , lots of fun.

I'm running the same league at work and a cheeky Thai guy went and predicted 1-0 for every match and stormed to the top with 49points from 4 correct results (Eng -Par, Hol-Serb, Port - Ang, Bra- Croatia) in the first round! ..

The format seems to reward conservative punting a bit too much.

Do you have a spreadsheet to calculate the scores btw?? ..

No need for the Thanks guys , it's a laugh :D

I'll try and send you a spreadsheet today Simmo. The compo we're having at work is a big one , 170 people involved , £10 each , so the first prize is massive. Leader has about 65 points so far, a bird! :o

Well needed or not, u still deserve them.

This compo has added an extra dimension to watching the games, checking the results and peoples comments really is fun :o

R u doing as well at work as in this one ?????????????

Must be at least a Grand to the winner.

Jockstar - is it true that no Scot worth his kilt is supporting England, but rather Trinidad and Tobago????? Saw a few Scots on Skynews last week who claimed this to be the case......

For sure mate. For sure. Trinadad and Tobago. Do you know they have a player called Jason Scotland playing for them? :o

also nice predicting from MrBojangles who scored a whopping 10 points for the Tunisia v Saudi match , nice!

10 . MrBojangles – 39

Cheers Chon :D boy, i needed it though to save embarassment :D Can't believe Scouse has jumped to 3rd. What does he know about football, he's a Liverpool fan for fcuks sake :o:D

OK Sing Sling - thanks for the bribe...... have told my wife to buy herself something nice with it - the long haul up to a Champions League position has begun................ and I have no problem with revealing my secret here and now............. I got my wife to help we with my new predictions (she´s a clever Isaan lady......and knows her onions when it comes to football) - I hope I haven´t disqualified myself now!!!!!!!! And in case any of you see the huge crowd watching the game on a huge screen in front of the Brandenburg Gate here in Berlin this evening on TV, I´m the one wearing the England t-shirt and base-cap.......................................my wife is supporting Australia (??????????)

Hmm, you're and England supporter and your wife barracks for the Aussies . . .?

And I'm still losing/winning lowest? Sigh

Hmm, you're and England supporter and your wife barracks for the Aussies . . .?

And I'm still losing/winning lowest? Sigh

It's not important how many matches you predict correctly but WHICH teams you over/underestimate. If you totally overestimate your team (England :o ) but get a Brazil win correct :D you should reconsider... :D

If you are confident with your team but dont completely overestimate them and your team can even make it up to their own standarts (eg. Germany :D :D ), you may go wrong once you follow your heart and predict against Brazil or whoever...

Dont worry, I knew it right from the start that should there be more than a dozend people in the compo I wont make it up to the top ten that easily.

Cheers

KY

Can't believe Scouse has jumped to 3rd. What does he know about football, he's a Liverpool fan for fcuks sake :o:D

The cream always rises to the top....

Scouse.

Early days my friend. My cream is obviously thicker than yours and taking longer to rise :D:D

Jockstar - is it true that no Scot worth his kilt is supporting England, but rather Trinidad and Tobago????? Saw a few Scots on Skynews last week who claimed this to be the case......

For sure mate. For sure. Trinadad and Tobago. Do you know they have a player called Jason Scotland playing for them? :D

Hmmm well that explains why they play like shi*e!!! :o

Edited by britmaveric

14:04:29'

Chona,

Last second, sorry:

Missing my Ecuador/Costa Rica Score, make me Ecuador 2 Costa Rica 1.

Thanks,

DD

Sorry , game kicked off already.

It was about time the ref (Chonabot) showed a yellow card......... any bets on who gets to see red???

14:04:29'

Chona,

Last second, sorry:

Missing my Ecuador/Costa Rica Score, make me Ecuador 2 Costa Rica 1.

Thanks,

DD

Sorry , game kicked off already.

It was about time the ref (Chonabot) showed a yellow card......... any bets on who gets to see red???

What did I do................ :D:o

redrus

I´ve been reading that you lads in Thailand are having trouble watching the games on thai TV, because programmes on the Royal Family etc are being shown instead. My advice to you all is.............................. you should have taken a 4-week holiday in Europe!!!!!!!!

Well.....I´m just about to put on my England t-shirt and basecap and go on down to the Brandenburg Gate with my wife to watch the match on the huge screens they have set up there. Yesterday there were 250.000 at the German game................... there are a lot of Brits in Berlin at the moment...but I don´t expect there´ll be quite the same squeeze this evening..........I´m hoping for a 2-0 win to rocket me up the table............

I´ve been reading that you lads in Thailand are having trouble watching the games on thai TV, because programmes on the Royal Family etc are being shown instead. My advice to you all is.............................. you should have taken a 4-week holiday in Europe!!!!!!!!

Well.....I´m just about to put on my England t-shirt and basecap and go on down to the Brandenburg Gate with my wife to watch the match on the huge screens they have set up there. Yesterday there were 250.000 at the German game................... there are a lot of Brits in Berlin at the moment...but I don´t expect there´ll be quite the same squeeze this evening..........I´m hoping for a 2-0 win to rocket me up the table............

No problems here in smooth-sailing Singapore, of course, but I've had friends and colleagues in Thailand foaming at the mouth about the coverage . . .

Edited by Sing_Sling