World Cup Prediction Competition.....

chonabot

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooden spoons......knees-up at Jenny´s.......... it´s all very tempting....but on the other hand I think I´ll re-submit my score sheet for the next games... as of tomorrow. My "close-both-eyes- and-stick-a-pin-in-it" method doesn´t seem to be paying off................................. Can I do that, Chonabot????? (I promise not to change the results of the already played games.....honest....)

Jeez, I'm having a shocker!

Let's hope tonight I can put in a bit of a performance:

SOUTH KOREA 2-0 TOGO

FRANCE 1-0 SWITZERLAND

BRAZIL 2-0 CROATIA

england.gif

Sorry Backpack , I specifically stated earlier that anyone caught disclosing their predictions prior to a game would be docked 22 points.

:D

Wasn't me Guv...!

:o

Come On Brazil...!!!

Wooden spoons......knees-up at Jenny´s.......... it´s all very tempting....but on the other hand I think I´ll re-submit my score sheet for the next games... as of tomorrow. My "close-both-eyes- and-stick-a-pin-in-it" method doesn´t seem to be paying off................................. Can I do that, Chonabot????? (I promise not to change the results of the already played games.....honest....)

No worries just send them in !

A poor scoring afternoon/evening for most of us , Jack and Croc are stretching the lead somewhat, with Spit climbing up the ranks.

On the whole though it's still a very close contest with a lot of games left to play, not even a quarter of the way through yet gents!

1.JackR - 47

2.Old_Croc - 48

3. Game4shame – 40

3.Vulcan – 40

5. SpittheDog – 37

6..Donz – 35

7..Brit – 34

7.CalibanJr –34

7.TomYumGoong – 34

10..Oneeyedjohn – 32

11.Neeranam - 31

12. Daleyboy - 30

12.Chuchok – 30

12.Chonabot -30

12. KhunYak - 30

16.Thaipauly - 29

16.Simmo - 29

16.Explorer - 29

16.Backpack - 29

20.Jockstar – 28

20. Prof fart – 28

22. MrBojangles – 27

22.SvenIvan – 27

22.Scouse - 27

25. HaroiHenry - 26

26.Greg.D – 24

26. Redrus - 24

26 Totster - 24

29.Tytus –23

30.Sing_Sling - 20

31. Nongwahyay – 18

Todays games

Spain v Ukraine, 14:00(GMT)

Tunisia v Saudi Arabia, 17:00(GMT)

Germany v Poland, 20:00 ( GMT)

I'm hoping for at least one 100% prediction today as I have drawn a blank so far...... :D

Tunisia v Saudi should be interseting , 2 muslim countries battling it out.

Spain vs Ukraine also a quality tie , but the Germany vs Poland , for me, is the match of the day.

Poland have never beaten Germany, and there is no love lost there.

Good luck Predictors!!! ( except Croc and Jack....... :o )

Good luck Predictors!!! ( except Croc and Jack....... :o )

Oh aye :D

Managed all three results yesterday, as most did I expect, but just off on the scores, ie 2:0 SK/Toga, 1:1 Frog/Swiss etc :D Hoping for a 3/3 tonight :D.

A poor scoring afternoon/evening for most of us , Jack and Croc are stretching the lead somewhat, with Spit climbing up the ranks.

On the whole though it's still a very close contest with a lot of games left to play, not even a quarter of the way through yet gents!

1.JackR - 47

2.Old_Croc - 48

Quick quiz Choners. What's higher, 47 or 48?

:o:D

redrus

Edited by redrus

1.Old_Croc - 48

2.JackR - 47

3. Game4shame – 40

3.Vulcan – 40

5. SpittheDog – 37

6..Donz – 35

7..Brit – 34

7.CalibanJr –34

7.TomYumGoong – 34

10..Oneeyedjohn – 32

11.Neeranam - 31

12. Daleyboy - 30

12.Chuchok – 30

12.Chonabot -30

12. KhunYak - 30

16.Thaipauly - 29

16.Simmo - 29

16.Explorer - 29

16.Backpack - 29

20.Jockstar – 28

20. Prof fart – 28

22. MrBojangles – 27

22.SvenIvan – 27

22.Scouse - 27

25. HaroiHenry - 26

26.Greg.D – 24

26. Redrus - 24

26 Totster - 24

29.Tytus –23

30.Sing_Sling - 20

31. Nongwahyay – 18

I have just checked my xl sheet and have noticed that TYTUS has not predicted for todays games , or any games thereafter. I have sent TYTUS an email and pm. Get your scores in bros!!!!

CalibanJr you have nort predicted the German vs Poland game.

Please do so before kick off.

Edited by chonabot

World Cup GROUP A

14-Jun-06 GERMANY v POLAND 3 0

15-Jun-06 ECUADOR v COSTA RICA 2 1

20-Jun-06 ECUADOR v GERMANY 1 0

20-Jun-06 COSTA RICAv POLAND 2 0

World Cup GROUP B

15-Jun-06 ENGLAND v TRINIDAD 3 1

15-Jun-06 SWEDEN v PARAGUAY 1 1

20-Jun-06 SWEDEN v ENGLAND 1 3

20-Jun-06 PARAGUAYv TRINIDAD 0 0

World Cup GROUP C

16-Jun-06 ARGENTINAv SERBIA 1 1

16-Jun-06 HOLLAND v IVORY COAST 2 1

21-Jun-06 HOLLAND v ARGENTINA 2 2

21-Jun-06 IVORY COASTv SERBIA 0 0

World Cup GROUP D

16-Jun-06 MEXICO v ANGOLA 2 0

17-Jun-06 PORTUGALv IRAN 1 2

21-Jun-06 PORTUGA v MEXICO 1 0

21-Jun-06 IRAN v ANGOLA 3 0

World Cup GROUP E

17-Jun-06 ITALY v USA 2 0

17-Jun-06 CZECH REPv GHANA 2 3

22-Jun-06 CZECH REPv ITALY 1 0

22-Jun-06 GHANA v USA 3 0

World Cup GROUP F

18-Jun-06 BRAZIL v AUSTRALIA 1 0

18-Jun-06 JAPAN v CROATIA 0 2

22-Jun-06 JAPAN v BRAZIL 1 4

22-Jun-06 CROATIA v AUSTRALIA 1 2

World Cup GROUP G

18-Jun-06 FRANCE v SOUTH KOREA 1 2

19-Jun-06 TOGO v SWITZERLAND 1 1

23-Jun-06 TOGO v FRANCE 1 3

23-Jun-06 SWITZERLANDv SOUTH KOREA 0-2

World Cup GROUP H

14-Jun-06 SPAIN v UKRAINE 2 1

14-Jun-06 TUNISIA v SAUDI ARABIA 2 0

19-Jun-06 SPAIN v TUNISIA 2 2

19-Jun-06 SAUDI ARABIAv UKRAINE 0 0

23-Jun-06 SAUDI ARABIAv SPAIN 0 0

23-Jun-06 UKRAINE v TUNISIA 0 0

Edited by tytus

Just wanted to say a big word of thanks and appreciation to Chonabot for investing so much of your time in keeping us all up-to-date with the points table................. and I don´t care what everyone else is calling you behind your back (no...just a little joke...), you´re doing a great job (although it´s about time you learned to evaluate what I MEANT to predict and not be put off by what I actually wrote.............would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!).

Just wanted to say a big word of thanks and appreciation to Chonabot for investing so much of your time in keeping us all up-to-date with the points table................. and I don´t care what everyone else is calling you behind your back (no...just a little joke...), you´re doing a great job (although it´s about time you learned to evaluate what I MEANT to predict and not be put off by what I actually wrote.............would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!).

Cheers Fella , it's a pleasure .

ps I evaluate that you meant to predict 0 - 0 's for the remainder of the tourney.

Hear-Hear!

Hear-Hear!

Hear - hear -hear :D

Hear-Hear!

Yeah, nice one fella.......... :D

I'm layed up with a <deleted> back at the mo so am playin a few games, I'm doin worst at this one...................... :o:D

redrus

I seem to be having the same problem with Chonabot . . .

Just a word of warning to everybody that - with it still standing at an unbelievable 0-0 with 82 minutes gone in the Germany-Poland game - I´ve submitted my new and improved revised predictions for the rest of the qualifying games. So sit back and watch me rocket up the league as of tomorrow..............

I´m glad I didn´t go down to the "fan mile" at the Brandenburg Gate here in Berlin..... they stopped any more people going in after the 250.000th person had entered................and with Germany just having scored in the 91st minute all hel_l will be let loose there now.....!!!!!!!!!

Well sports fans , the end of another day , some good , some cr@p games frankly.

Special mention goes out to Scouse who rocketed up to 3rd in the table, also nice predicting from MrBojangles who scored a whopping 10 points for the Tunisia v Saudi match , nice!

A long way to go , but the two old guys at the top are starting to look like they may have seen a few world cups in their time? Will Scouse catch them? Will Sing_Sling and Nongwahyay join forces and aim for mid-table? Will Brit score more than 2 points tomorrow? :D

Watch this space sports fans , here's the table.................... :o

1. JackR – 53

2. Old_Croc – 52

3. Scouse - 47

4. Vulcan – 44

5. Game4shame – 43

6. SpittheDog – 42

7. Donz – 41

7. TomYumGoong – 41

9. Explorer – 40

10 . Chonabot –39

10 . MrBojangles – 39