Gynecomastia

Cypress Hill

Hello

Has anyone had gynecomastia (male breast reduction) surgery in Thailand?

I have conducted some research of doctors here online.

Dr. Amorn Poomee and Dr. Preecha seem to be at the top of their game as far as that procedure is concerned but their prices reflect that somewhat.

I remember seeing the procedure listed at 69,000 at Bumrungrad (where I think Dr. Poomee practises) a couple of years ago or so. Checking them now and they've been hiked to between 130 and 160K.

Can anybody suggest alternatives to these surgeons?

I've heard decent feedback about Yanhee hospital but I'm more minded to seek out the right surgeon. Just not one as expensive as the two I've just mentioned.

BTW, if you don't mind, please no posts telling me to do press ups, decline bench presses, take hormones or change diet. This is NOT fat, it is breast tissue. Cheers

" gynecomastia" is the name associated with the benign enlargement of the male breast.

​The first stage in seeking a reduction is weight loss if excess weight is a contributory factor. ( I realise you did not want to read that but many other people will read this thread)

Next and you may .of course have already done this is to have a full medical examination and blood tests so as to rule out some rare causes of " gynecomastia"

Some Physicians will suggest a conservative approach using medication if the gynecomastia is not long term problem.

​As you have researched this issue you will be aware that there are a number of possible surgical "solutions" to the problem all of which have risks as all surgery does.

Sorry not to be able to make a specific recommendation .

Hopefully someone will know of a surgeon with experience of reducing gynecomastia

Overweight is a bit different, those "man boobs" are not true gynecomastia, just fat.

At Yanhee, Dr. Greechart is quite good. Don't know how much experience he has had with male breast reduction but you can ask.

• Like 1

Thanks, people.

Sheryl, wouldn't subcutaneous mastectomy - which I presume this would fall under - be pretty much the same for men as it is for women? Maybe even easier since there's far less tissue to be removed? I ask because, if Dr. Greechart has experience with this procedure on women, wouldn't this expertise be applicable to men too?

Thing is I'm not what one would call seriously overweight - I'm within 2 or 3 kgs of my ideal weight (5'10" and 83kg) but these baps are really quite annoying. biggrin.png

@ chris669 - That sounds too good to be true. How did it go and are you comfortable with providing the name of the hospital and the surgeon?

@ h90 - thanks for the tip - i'll hunt around online

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks, people.

Sheryl, wouldn't subcutaneous mastectomy - which I presume this would fall under - be pretty much the same for men as it is for women? Maybe even easier since there's far less tissue to be removed? I ask because, if Dr. Greechart has experience with this procedure on women, wouldn't this expertise be applicable to men too?

Thing is I'm not what one would call seriously overweight - I'm within 2 or 3 kgs of my ideal weight (5'10" and 83kg) but these baps are really quite annoying. biggrin.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

@ chris669 - That sounds too good to be true. How did it go and are you comfortable with providing the name of the hospital and the surgeon?

Males undergoing breast reduction are doing so for cosmetic purpose.

Ladies having to undergo mastectomy for very serious reasons present very different challenges as do those unfortunate ladies who seek breast reduction !

Car mechanics do not usually fix motor bikes or lawn mower's !

Always best to seek an expert !

Thanks, people.

Thing is I'm not what one would call seriously overweight - I'm within 2 or 3 kgs of my ideal weight (5'10" and 83kg) but these baps are really quite annoying. biggrin.png

Do you know what your body fat percentage is?

That might give an indication of how much you are overweight.

Thanks, people.

Do you know what your body fat percentage is?

That might give an indication of how much you are overweight.

I don't know for sure but looking at phots of guys with varying body fat percentages, I'd say I was about 15-20%

body-fat-percentage-picture-men-women.jp