Police rescue 31 girls in 'sting' operation

Lite Beer

As long as neighboring countries are 'powerless' in tackling their own shameless 'banpak' policy, what effectively means that almost every hospitality business has a hotline with local pimps to send (very) young village girls to your room, and not to watch tv only and the men's attitude doesn't change, saying that every time they sleep in a banpak they need to sleep alone PLUS the shameless 'poor' attitude of PARENTS sending one or more of the girls to the borders then HT

Human Trafficking is never rooted out!!

AND in the case of Laos.......(my expertise) girls who are coming back DON"T come back at the border crossings.......they take a boat.

Why? The militia welcome's Commitee.

Anyway..........Boh pen Yang Boh?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should perhaps start arresting the customers of prostitutes, both Thai and falang to cut down the demand. It's always the girls that get arrested never the sex tourists, adulterers and Thais. It is illegal after all.

If the girls are of a legal age and doing it willingly, why anyone needs to be arrested? If you have issues with hookers, don't use them. The OP is about the human trafficking and girls forced into prostitution - big difference!

• Like 2

Were these children or adults? I do wish the Nation's constant habit of referring to adult females as children would stop.

Yes, they are prostitutes, so what? Why insult them with diminishing terms, " girls"? Seems to be standard when adult female sexuality is involved- too uncomfortable for the writers? " Girls.. young ladies," etc etc How about what they are- women.

BTW selling sex for money is legal, it's the third party " pimp" profit that isn't, which is a very sensible law. Too bad, like most other laws , it isn't upheld with any consistency. Just when some tea money needs to be collected or a face needs to be put forward.

"BTW selling sex for money is legal..." Not in the country in question !

If every pimp, john and hooker was arrested in Thailand, there would be 25 million people in jail.

Most Thai men are either johns or pimps. It is almost a right of passage for young Thai men to have sex with hookers.

Brothels and massage parlors are the size of five star hotels and are on every street corner. 1/10 women who walk in the shopping malls have had sex for money at one point in their lives.

Thailand is the sex capital of the world for good reason - young, poor good looking girls and horny unethical men.

Expatriates love to criticize prostitution and lash out against young girls having sex for money - yet they are the most frequent customers at massage parlors and short time hotels.

What a bunch of BS and hypocrisy.

If every pimp, john and hooker was arrested in Thailand, there would be 25 million people in jail.

Considering the population of Thailand being about 67 million people, complete rubbish.

Most Thai men are either johns or pimps. It is almost a right of passage for young Thai men to have sex with hookers.

Youre either not knowledgeable enough, or not well educated.

Brothels and massage parlors are the size of five star hotels and are on every street corner. 1/10 women who walk in the shopping malls have had sex for money at one point in their lives.

Havent seen too many big brothels, or massage parlors in Isaan. How can you come up with such a statistic? How many American/European woman marry a wealthy guy?

Thailand is the sex capital of the world for good reason - young, poor good looking girls and horny unethical men.

And the Philippines dont exist. Prostitution is the oldest occupation on this planet.

Expatriates love to criticize prostitution and lash out against young girls having sex for money - yet they are the most frequent customers at massage parlors and short time hotels.

Many of them even marry them and provide a home for their parents, boyfriends and more.

What a bunch of BS and hypocrisy.

Agree with your last sentence.-wai2.gif

While I agree that the post may be exaggerated, the basic gist of what the poster is saying is true. Thailand is known world wide as a place for sex tourists. Whether it is soi Cowboy, Patpong, Pattaya, or Patong, the places are lined with places which sell sex. I am not going to be a saint here and say I have never been to these places but they do exist and in a larger scale than almost anywhere else on the planet and while some may justify their existence by stating that prostitution is the oldest profession, or that it is the same in the Philippines, or that it provides income from otherwise unemployed persons, Thailand has taken the whole activity to a new level. It is so rife with corrupt police and politicians, drugs, etc. that it has become an institution which is corrupting Thai society/culture at its core because it is so out of control. That fact combined with the complete corruption of politics, government, and business, in my mind makes Thailand a failed state. Almost everything in Thailand involves a payoff. Try getting a decent job without a payoff or connection. While I am no prude with regard to the prostitution it has gotten so completely out of control as to be in your face everywhere in the major population centers and it's running with the cooperation of corrupt police and/or politicians and/or military. The point is it exists is a scale like nowhere else and everyone on the planet knows it. It is what it is so let's not try to sugar coat it.
I think the idea that - "it [prostitution] has become an institution which is corrupting Thai society/culture at its core because it is so out of control." is the most interesting idea on this thread, and it is one that i have had in my mind for some time. It is the feeling that the cruelty and naked self-interest which drives the sex-business is like a primary cancer at the heart of Thai society, and like all malignant tumours, it has 'secondary' effects throughout the whole body or whole society and culture. A fine post.

Aren't you being a bit presumptuous? Have you not read and heard the comments by girls who are in the world's oldest profession because they like it and do not believe they are able to earn comparable money any other way? Sure, they are not going to say that to the cops because being outed and all they want to distance themselves from the profession publicly. Clearly, trafficking exists but is not the universal MO. Does it not raise your eyebrows just a tad that 30 were from across the border while only 1 was Thai? Are you convinced that the police were rescuing working girls, or is it possible that these four pimps were crowding in on some other better-connected pimp's turf? Is it fact or fiction that law enforcement and political officials have interests in such businesses? Not saying you are wrong, but with so few facts you are being presumptuous.

I wouldn't say "presumptuous" personally, I would say I was generalising about the points in the OP and how they relate to the wider problem of human slavery - because this is slavery. These girls are both involuntary debt slaves and actual physical slaves, controlled by extortion and violence to themselves and in some cases threats of retribution against their families.

Re; the police, yes there are police who are "on the take" in the sex industry, and this occurs all around the world too, although in nations where the sex trade is larger and corruption is unchallenged, this problem is far worse.

Slavery and prostitution are not the same thing. I would like to see prostitution made legal, and confined to taxed and regulated business-places, with clean properties, security etc. If an adult woman chooses this trade that is her business and nobody elses. But that also requires that she has a basic education, nothing fancy just enough that she understands that she is a citizen with the same rights as other people, the rights to climb the job ladder slowly in a more conventional life. Some of these girls are from backgrounds of absolute poverty and zero education, they believe they have no rights in life and that careers and education and normal work are things that only happen to other people. If you are dirt poor, the only thing you own is your body and your mind, and if your mind is left completely blank by lack of basic education what you are left with is just your body and so selling it becomes the only option.

So if brothels are legal, clean, secure, taxed legitimately as opposed to paying bribes to sleazy cops, and the standard of basic education is universal, then the system can work fine, and adults working in those places are there by informed choice. The situation now though is you have barnyard girls who have zero education, are culturally brainwashed, and believe that their life choices are limited to the farm or the sex trade. Add to that the trafficking / slavery factor, which is what my post was actually about, and you have the situation today where girls don't know better, are literally fodder for these evil predatory slavelords who treat human souls as the cheapest and most disposable commodity on Earth.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

Tip of the iceberg... If authorities would really want to fight against prostitution, they would start to clean all entertainment venues, starting by ALL massage parlors on Ratchada, Nana Plaza and Cowboy and so on... This Chacherngsao operation is probably the result of the owner not paying enough money to the police. CORRUPTION is the CANCER of the Thai Society. Police = Mafia. They control all and nothing will never change unless there is a deep and final cleaning of the Police, main root cause of the rapid downfall of this country which is no more State and no more Authority, other than money and corruption. This country is a total ANARCHY. I am just reminding facts that are very well known, but it reaches such an indecent level of hypocrisy that the whole country is now DOOMED.

Just to pick up on one thing, making things illegal actually harms more people than it helps. you take away all that business at massage tanks and the scene gets more dirty and mafia controlled, since it needs to be organised. Additionally it puts more people at risk.

fighting prostitution is not the answer, they ought follow the dutch way and tax the business and license it. anarchy in itself is not a problem, I do not see Thailand like that, the laws are not well enforced in some areas but with the people locked up for text messages etc it is not.

while I find the abuse of people aborrent , it is the slave trade I despise and all those complicit in it. not entriely sure it is the same as prostitution.

Sticky lies your name? Hahaa what a coincidence!

I'm not naive, I live IN Thailand, WITH Thais. I have heard more than you will ever get to know. I know exactly how the brothels for Thais work and how they can continue for many years. One thing is their golden rule: NO farang!

I don't know, however, about human trafficking, if I would I would immediately report it, as it is a crime against humanity.

So you're not invited Sticky lies, and, who would believe a liar?

sticky lies is a parody to STICKY RICE....

happy harry's with sanuk in their name have no idea what's really going on here, sorry.... now pls get back to your Village life in Isaan, Photography, Sudoku, Snakes, lizards and Farming. surely the real deal here in LOS............................ enjoy bro. guitar.gif

Is there a real deal for all expats together in one group? Of course not! For some it is living in a overcrowded tourist area, living in a condo, heavy drinking, bar girls and complaining about their choice to live here. Fine with me, I never try to convince people of my choice.

But my choice was to retire in rural Isan, in a very small village in the middle of nature. I'm a nature photographer (hobby) so it fills my quest for learning about the Thai fauna, reptiles, birds, insects have my main interest and there are lots of them here.

The rural village life is simple but honest, once you get integrated you hear the real stories about Thai society, good ones and bad ones.

The post I made about brothels for Thais is the truth, shady places for Thais, with girls brought in through "loans" to the family, sometimes it concerns underage girls. I have been invited many times by one of my Thai friends, a lawyer and teacher, to go with him, but I refused. I have no problem being in a bar scene with girls that work voluntarily, but as soon as it gets into underage girls my interest is gone and I have no appetite whatsoever to even have a look at that.

So my real deal is living in rural Thailand amongst Thai people. I finished my professional career and chose for no more stress, no more deadlines, no more business goals to achieve, no more traffic jams, just sabaai sabaai, yes that is my real deal. I am one hour drive from Udonthani, not really Pattaya but with a growing nightlife scene, so if I like I can stroll through the bar scene.

All blabla and "knowledge" about prostitution is irrelevant here. If the story is true then this is human trafficking, the fact that 30 girls are foreign shows a good deal of it: foreigners have passports, that can be taken and prevent the girls to leave/flee. It is also not prostitution as it is against their will, it is sexual abuse or even rape. So please be content that at least one brothel (aka karaoke joint) is "stinged" and the 31 girls can go home. If their families have received lots of money there is a possibility that the pimp(s) come back and the same story starts again. That's why those pimps have to be thrown in jail for a long time, they ruin young lives!

This bar is a typical example of the dark side of Thailand, the brothels for Thais. No farang gets in, only Thais. The girls are often underage, and it is known that most underage abuse is done by Thai men, not farang, as so many times is rumoured. Forced sex is rape, that is a crime, unfortunately many law enforcers are part of it or paid for keeping their eyes closed. It will never disappear I'm afraid, a sad part of Thailand.

u're VERY naive joel............ money talks: farang, thai, khaek, negro, ............ all invited. the only things is: did u GET/UNDERSTAND the invitation... just go and check it out. and don't talk sh**t on TV, home of <deleted> and wanna-be's.

I'm not naive, I live IN Thailand, WITH Thais. I have heard more than you will ever get to know. I know exactly how the brothels for Thais work and how they can continue for many years. One thing is their golden rule: NO farang!

I don't know, however, about human trafficking, if I would I would immediately report it, as it is a crime against humanity.

Seems you dont know much. Been living and working in Thailand almost 20 years. Been to plenty of Thai places you mention. My Thai workers would take me to These places. As long as you have money they dont care if you are Thai, Ex-pat or a Martian. You forgot the golden rule in Thailand, Money rules!

Seems you know where to find underage girls, you might even "done" a few during your 20 years of sex experience? If you have been to those places and admit it here, you have seen or even used underage girls, you're a wonderful guy, exactly the klind of farang we need in Thailand. angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

As long as neighboring countries are 'powerless' in tackling their own shameless 'banpak' policy, what effectively means that almost every hospitality business has a hotline with local pimps to send (very) young village girls to your room, and not to watch tv only and the men's attitude doesn't change, saying that every time they sleep in a banpak they need to sleep alone PLUS the shameless 'poor' attitude of PARENTS sending one or more of the girls to the borders then HT

Human Trafficking is never rooted out!!

AND in the case of Laos.......(my expertise) girls who are coming back DON"T come back at the border crossings.......they take a boat.

Why? The militia welcome's Commitee.

Anyway..........Boh pen Yang Boh?

I am sure it is a minority that do it. shamelwess yes, but I am sure less than 5% of parents maybe less than 1%

sticky lies is a parody to STICKY RICE....

happy harry's with sanuk in their name have no idea what's really going on here, sorry.... now pls get back to your Village life in Isaan, Photography, Sudoku, Snakes, lizards and Farming. surely the real deal here in LOS............................ enjoy bro. guitar.gif

Is there a real deal for all expats together in one group? Of course not! For some it is living in a overcrowded tourist area, living in a condo, heavy drinking, bar girls and complaining about their choice to live here. Fine with me, I never try to convince people of my choice.

But my choice was to retire in rural Isan, in a very small village in the middle of nature. I'm a nature photographer (hobby) so it fills my quest for learning about the Thai fauna, reptiles, birds, insects have my main interest and there are lots of them here.

The rural village life is simple but honest, once you get integrated you hear the real stories about Thai society, good ones and bad ones.

The post I made about brothels for Thais is the truth, shady places for Thais, with girls brought in through "loans" to the family, sometimes it concerns underage girls. I have been invited many times by one of my Thai friends, a lawyer and teacher, to go with him, but I refused. I have no problem being in a bar scene with girls that work voluntarily, but as soon as it gets into underage girls my interest is gone and I have no appetite whatsoever to even have a look at that.

So my real deal is living in rural Thailand amongst Thai people. I finished my professional career and chose for no more stress, no more deadlines, no more business goals to achieve, no more traffic jams, just sabaai sabaai, yes that is my real deal. I am one hour drive from Udonthani, not really Pattaya but with a growing nightlife scene, so if I like I can stroll through the bar scene.

i do prefer your life too (birds, lizards, nature, etc) but this topic is about sexworkers/pimps/organised crime/corruption, aka the real deal in regards to this very topic.

Were these children or adults? I do wish the Nation's constant habit of referring to adult females as children would stop.

Yes, they are prostitutes, so what? Why insult them with diminishing terms, " girls"? Seems to be standard when adult female sexuality is involved- too uncomfortable for the writers? " Girls.. young ladies," etc etc How about what they are- women.

BTW selling sex for money is legal, it's the third party " pimp" profit that isn't, which is a very sensible law. Too bad, like most other laws , it isn't upheld with any consistency. Just when some tea money needs to be collected or a face needs to be put forward.

"BTW selling sex for money is legal..." Not in the country in question !

The private exchange of money for sex by two consenting adults is not illegal in Thailand.

Seems you know where to find underage girls, you might even "done" a few during your 20 years of sex experience? If you have been to those places and admit it here, you have seen or even used underage girls, you're a wonderful guy, exactly the klind of farang we need in Thailand. angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

why the personal attack? feeling guilt about something you did?

One you don't know me, so you dont know who I am or what kind of person I am so why make such a comment?

I never said anything about underage girls, did I? I made a comment that the places dont care if you are ex-pat or not. The places I have been to I have never seen any underage girls. Never said I was here for the sex experience, maybe you are and think everyone else is, but that is not me. If you read what I said I said I have been here working, not for sex.

Hate to tell you this my friend

I have been living in Thailand for 8 years now and believe me Farlang and Thai girls for sex is the yip of the iceberg

If you are not in well with Thais you have no idea

A Thai Karaoke bar would never hire the girls you are happy to sleep with, most are the rejects that thai men will not touch

and short time hotels,, you only see what they want you to see

Have you ever wondered why they have curtains on the drive in

Most big business's I deal with have

Lunch break

Coffee break

and stress breaks

thats when the short time hotels get used

Most Thai wives are okay with her husband having happy times, as long as he is not seen doing it

and if you really want to see how the other house lives. ask the taxi driver to take you to Buffalo Bridge

You may have your eye's opened

+1

Although my monger days are long past, towards the end of those days, I eventually wised up and wondered "Who are the Thai guys shagging?". The cream of the crop supermodels, that's who! Not the "rejects" common to the red light districts. Although it is sad and disgusting when women are forced to against their will, it is entirely within the authorities' power to end it if the will were there to do so. It isn't because the top guys are supplied with top model harems and that is how the game is played. They don't want to lose their harems (and accompanying money).

One you don't know me, so you dont know who I am or what kind of person I am so why make such a comment?

I never said anything about underage girls, did I? I made a comment that the places dont care if you are ex-pat or not. The places I have been to I have never seen any underage girls. Never said I was here for the sex experience, maybe you are and think everyone else is, but that is not me. If you read what I said I said I have been here working, not for sex.

From your own post: "Been to plenty of Thai places you mention"

The places I mentioned are shady brothels for Thai men, often (if not always) offering underage girls too.

So you admit to have seen "plenty" of these places, but of course you never saw an underage girl......

Come on.

Tip of the iceberg... If authorities would really want to fight against prostitution, they would start to clean all entertainment venues, starting by ALL massage parlors on Ratchada, Nana Plaza and Cowboy and so on...

Nonsense. This raid was all about FORCED prostitution. No one but puritanical prudes are out to stop sex workers from doing it because they rather do that than a lesser paying job. As was said before, anyone who is involved in FORCED prostitution should be put in chains in the darkest dungeon and left there for life.

I HOPE the raid was about "FORCED prostitution," as opposed to voluntary sex work undertaken by conscious and aware ladies. Unfortunately, the two concepts are inaccurately and unjustly conflated, and the results are typically disastrous. Faith-based NGOs are usually instigators of the disasters.

They should perhaps start arresting the customers of prostitutes, both Thai and falang to cut down the demand. It's always the girls that get arrested never the sex tourists, adulterers and Thais. It is illegal after all.

If the girls are of a legal age and doing it willingly, why anyone needs to be arrested? If you have issues with hookers, don't use them. The OP is about the human trafficking and girls forced into prostitution - big difference!

Ah, unless you yourself happen to be a sex worker, the respectful term is "sex worker" and sex workers consciously and consensually work in the "sex industry." Simple, no? Thanks in advance :-)

Anything is justified as long as no innocent person is hurt in any way. If you want to obey every law and regulation people in authority make up, then why do you bother to get out of bed in the morning?

Prostitution is a victimless crime if everyone taking part is sensible. If anyone is forced into it in any way,or forced into doing something they do not want to do, then that is a completely different story.

Wake up! Prostitution is not a victimless crime, it is an illegal activity which means no sensible regulation and no sensible people being sensible. The reality is that it is an industry that exploits women and is run by criminals. It is the reason for a lot of human trafficking as poor young women are made promises of a better life and then duped into a life of misery. They are often being forced to take drugs to create an addiction trapping these women in a downward spiral that they cannot escape.

Your dreamworld of sensible consenting adults deciding that prostitution is a good career choice doesn't exist. I am sure that there are many men who justify their own use of prostitutes by believing it is a victimless crime and that the ladies are all happy. The reality is that many women will be there against their will and are now trapped in a world controlled by criminals.

it seems you have your head up your own backside if you do not know this..

I often criticize the Thai police but in this case job well done. I hope that they take it a stage further and hunt down

Anything is justified as long as no innocent person is hurt in any way. If you want to obey every law and regulation people in authority make up, then why do you bother to get out of bed in the morning?

Prostitution is a victimless crime if everyone taking part is sensible. If anyone is forced into it in any way,or forced into doing something they do not want to do, then that is a completely different story.

Wake up! Prostitution is not a victimless crime, it is an illegal activity which means no sensible regulation and no sensible people being sensible. The reality is that it is an industry that exploits women and is run by criminals. It is the reason for a lot of human trafficking as poor young women are made promises of a better life and then duped into a life of misery. They are often being forced to take drugs to create an addiction trapping these women in a downward spiral that they cannot escape.

Your dreamworld of sensible consenting adults deciding that prostitution is a good career choice doesn't exist. I am sure that there are many men who justify their own use of prostitutes by believing it is a victimless crime and that the ladies are all happy. The reality is that many women will be there against their will and are now trapped in a world controlled by criminals.

I often criticize the Thai police but in this case job well done. I hope that they take it a stage further and hunt down

Yes Gazzpa, you are right, where trafficking is concerned, it is certainly not victimless. I just think it is wrong for any government in any country to tell anyone they cannot pay for sex, there is nothing at all wrong with prostitution between consenting adults. I have always said prostitution is OK as long as no one gets hurt, or is forced to do anything they don't want.

That is certainly not the case with human trafficking. I hope this clears it up.

That's very patronising to the very many contented sex workers the world over and their satisfied clients. It's not the world's oldest profession for nothing.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Very impressive crackdown these police are capable to. Thanks for their efforts to rid the country from the mafia evil.

I feel for the girls, Thanks God they are free now. clap2.gif

This is a wink to the webmaster : wink.png

Edited by Gil

Police rescue 31 girls in 'sting' operation

The Sunday Nation

Thirty-one girls were rescued and four human-traffic suspects arrested in a police sting operation early yesterday that targeted three karaoke bars in Chacherngsao's Ban Pho district.

Thirty of the girls are immigrants and one is Thai.

They were reportedly forced into prostitution at the bars in tambon Don Sai.

Thanachot Jaisiri, Sajee Thienthong, Thawatchai Wianglor and Ratchanee Khemkhot were arrested and items, including condoms, the victims' passports and accounting records of sex services, were seized as evidence.

The police operation followed authorities receiving information from the alleged human-trafficking ring's previous victims who had been rescued.

The ring allegedly lured girls from Thailand and neighbouring countries into prostitution.

Police transferred the rescued girls to Ban Pakkred Home pending their investigation, including alleged passport and document forgery.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-23

Not enough brown envelopes?

One of the problems with sex trafficking is that people sit around and talk about how bad it is but do nothing about it. One thing people can do is give some money each month to help fight this monster. It's really easy to talk about it and have opinions about it but donating just $10 US a month will help, if nothing else, feed and rehabilitate these women when rescued. Sure it's not going to do everything needed but there is something about giving when you get no reward for it, just give for the sake of giving to help someone you don't know. I give to the A21 Campaign to stop human trafficking but there are plenty of others, you can help instead of just talking do something.

One of the problems with sex trafficking is that people sit around and talk about how bad it is but do nothing about it. One thing people can do is give some money each month to help fight this monster. It's really easy to talk about it and have opinions about it but donating just $10 US a month will help, if nothing else, feed and rehabilitate these women when rescued. Sure it's not going to do everything needed but there is something about giving when you get no reward for it, just give for the sake of giving to help someone you don't know. I give to the A21 Campaign to stop human trafficking but there are plenty of others, you can help instead of just talking do something.

ok so I give some clown 10 dollars a month what happens when they get back on the street, WHERE ARE THE JOBS. These people need jobs or my 10 dollars a month is a waste

From your own post: "Been to plenty of Thai places you mention"

The places I mentioned are shady brothels for Thai men, often (if not always) offering underage girls too.

So you admit to have seen "plenty" of these places, but of course you never saw an underage girl......

Come on.

Really? all Thai places offering underage girls, So how do you know that? Have you been to these places? That is my point you are making comments about things people have told you. I know from first hand experience that what you are saying in most cases is not true. You are right, I said I have been to these places, but read what I said, I said I never seen any underage girl. So you are selective reading. You are attacking me about something you don't know anything about, you are making statements from hearsay and you are accusing me of being with underage girls when you don't know. You have no facts only saying what you have been told, so you dont know for sure if it's true or not. I'm sure there are places in Thailand in that have underage girls same as I'm sure there are places in the USA, Europe and everywhere else in the world that have underage girls available. So again why the personal attack?