Stereotypes that make You Smile.

What can You Add.?. My first one as a kid was that Dodge Ram Drivers were Drunken Rednecks called Buba in America.. Jag drivers were Cads or Bank Robbers in England, and Tuna Drivers here, well, up to You. What ever your Nation , their must be some that wind up the Thin Skinned. Tart Cart for a Tuna made me smile at The Car Wash.cheesy.gif

As a kid I used to think people that bought the cheaper English cars were some kind of stupid! But I thought Jaguars were the ducks guts and Aston Martin the ultimate in style! facepalm.gif

As a kid I used to think people that bought the cheaper English cars were some kind of stupid! But I thought Jaguars were the ducks guts and Aston Martin the ultimate in style! facepalm.gif

I don't know so much about stereotypes abroad, but:

Thai girl in an eco car = upwardly mobile

Foreigner in an eco car = almost broke English teacher

Thai on a motorsai = cheap labour

Foreigner on a motorsai = either a Tourist (check clothing and facial expression), or genuinely broke.

Young Thai man in a PPV = Sister married to a Foreigner, or engages in shady business

Young Thai man in any car worth > 2M Baht = Daddy's favorite

Young Thai woman in any car worth > 2M Baht = Mia Noi, or Mia Farang

:P

Foreigner on a motorsai = either a Tourist (check clothing and facial expression), or genuinely broke.

Young Thai man in a PPV = Sister married to a Foreigner, or engages in shady business

tongue.png

what is a Mia Farang ?

In Thailand, any businessman who drives a pickup - no face. Any businessman who drives a non-Premium brand SUV -no face. Any businessman who drives less than a Camry or Accord, almost no face.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

tongue.png

what is a Mia Farang ?

Wife of a foreigner

In Thailand, any businessman who drives a pickup - no face. Any businessman who drives a non-Premium brand SUV -no face. Any businessman who drives less than a Camry or Accord, almost no face.

I learned many years ago not to pay too much head to the relationship between perceived status and the value of a vehicle.

When, a guy at work who drove a beaten up old pickup to work asked me if I would like to go flying with him on the weekend in his plane parked at the airport and when in a different town the manager of the local motel who wore a suit to work and parked a BMW outside lived in a back street in a semi derelict clapboard house.

Edited by VocalNeal

I learned many years ago not to pay too much head to the relationship between perceived status and the value of a vehicle.

When, a guy at work who drove a beaten up old pickup to work asked me if I would like to go flying with him on the weekend in his plane parked at the airport and when in a different town the manager of the local motel who wore a suit to work and parked a BMW outside lived in a back street in a semi derelict clapboard house.

I know a guy who is a manager and sacrificed everything to buy a camry. He has almost no cash each month. But..he has face. Haha

I know a guy who is a manager and sacrificed everything to buy a camry. He has almost no cash each month. But..he has face. Haha

We always encourage our staff to get in as much debt as possible.... First, they feel that working for us has helped them achieve their material goals, second, they're far less likely to quit (can't afford even a week without work), and third, they seem much more responsive to negative performance reviews than staff w/out debt (see #2) :P

• Like 2

I know another guy, a very successful surgeon at a big hospital. He told me he really wanted a Honda City, and asked me. I said excellent little runner. His staff wad shocked, head of hospital said no way. Many nurses have citys. He finally reluctantly bought a lowly Civic, and still hears complaints. He tells me he wishes he had bought the city, parking tough, etc...tit

Good thing I am not concerned about face :)

• Like 2

We always encourage our staff to get in as much debt as possible.... First, they feel that working for us has helped them achieve their material goals, second, they're far less likely to quit (can't afford even a week without work), and third, they seem much more responsive to negative performance reviews than staff w/out debt (see #2) tongue.png

You're staff aren't the only ones exposed to this strategy.

A Ferang with a Scooter, Chang T Shirt , Mr T necklace, S.A.S Tattoo, Black Socks , Plastic Goon Shoes and Baseball Cap seems to indicate a bit of a Dim Wit..Do they think Miami Heat is a Crash Helmet maker.. Clearly not a care about Face.biggrin.png Good for Them..!!