Where to buy chickens?

Redcarddave is well named.

The search function on this forum would have come up with numerous options.

Thomas sells RIR's, though you might get more boys than girls.whistling.gif

Most larger Talat Nats have one or two stalls selling live chicks.

Or there's the .Gov option.

Or, http://www.bestchum.com/SoldPageI.html

Or, https://www.facebook.com/pages/LaiSaLong/201140603262355

Or, http://tcbp.net/cdU

All available through the search function.

Then we could have avoided this...1zgarz5.gif for rcd and this....beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu for the mods. smile.png

Regards.

I think you're both nobs in equal measure for your responses.

teletiger, I would have said a great big thank you for the info you provided, but with the big dollop of sarcasm it came with I have to put you in the same category as redcardave, who at least is trying to be funny, unlike you you who is coming across as a superior, smartarse. if you don't want to help, don't do so. no one is forcing you to reply.

I asked a genuine question, and have used the search option, but surprise surprise, despite me having 20 tabs open, no one seems to provide an answer.

If you're starting to see the same question asked over and over, and you don't like it teletiger, I suggest you close your computer down and go out and something else for a little while. Get some fresh air or contemplate the deeper questions of life. You might find that you become a little less tense and sore, you might even lighten up a little!

Give it some thought. I did the same..Very soon there were hundreds of the buggers pooping everywhere and Chooks from all over Thailand popped in for a free Feed..Someone eventually leaves the door open.. Its O.K when your there 100%. So now after wasting money,they are all gone,so is the smell and mess..Sheds come in handy for Pool Chemicals though , another waste of Money once the kids Grow n Go. Cant beat a Good Moan to start the Day.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I'm really not interested in your inferiority complex SA. Your "genuine question" about "a couple of chooks" in the farming forum is akin to asking about a bicycle in the motorbike forum. Try that and see how you get treated.

Maybe you should also learn how to use the search function, because on page 2 of this forum are 3 chick threads with all the relevant info on there.

Regards.

Really teletiger, a couple of chooks have nothing to do with farming? Wanting a couple and asking FARMERS where I could source them has nothing to do with farming?

hmm... OK whatever.

As it is, I had a very promising couple of PM responses, including from Thomas, who happens to be a chicken FARMER on the FARMING FORUM!

Why are you on Thaivisa teletiger?

chill out man,,

the lads arnt trying to be funny with you,

its called having a bit of craic,

what youll have to do is get your wife to ask around, they are about, the government give them away in some provinces,

then the thais get them, dont feed them right they dont lay eggs so they want rid of them,

my wife just bought 15 like this,

now they are laying an egg every day

just ask round mate

we collect the eggs from some and hatch them out under our banties,

we have some great breeding cockerals.

youll get there

jake

post-32351-0-36689500-1395842137_thumb.j

post-32351-0-01418600-1395842182_thumb.j

Teletiger has made a post on this add implying that if you buy R I R Chicks from me

you might get more males than females

It appears that he was unfortunate but did not contact me

If he had I would have done something about it for him

I wish he had done this instead of making the comment that he did

• Like 1

Really teletiger, a couple of chooks have nothing to do with farming? Wanting a couple and asking FARMERS where I could source them has nothing to do with farming?

hmm... OK whatever.

As it is, I had a very promising couple of PM responses, including from Thomas, who happens to be a chicken FARMER on the FARMING FORUM!

Why are you on Thaivisa teletiger?

I'm not supporting TT as much as providing information to you. I think some things could be considered here:

1. Just a few pages back or with a reasonable search the information was available. There have been 2 similar posts in the last couple of months or so in your general area.

2. You are looking for a small number and probably would not travel a long distance so maybe you should have tried the area specific forums with more luck. Also there is a pets section, a classified section and a small holdings section (as part of this forum). There is even Teak door which is popular up your way.

3. 2 chickens is farming? Really.... you're gonna stick with that? I'm not saying that 2 chooks can not be commercial, but in the context of your original post, I just don't see it. I do see them as lunch or a small family dinner.

Please understand that there is currently some frustration amongst some forum members as to what constitutes "Farming" and much of what is placed here would really be more appropriate on another forum. No one is saying you shouldn't ask, but maybe you should be considerate about who and where you are asking. This forum is devolving from "farming" to more of a "rural living" forum. If what you are doing is not meant to be a commercial enterprize now or in the near future, then consider other more appropriate forums. If you really are interested in learning as opposed to using us a rural Thai Wikipedia. Read the post from 2-8 years ago and look at what was posted to see how a search could be made more productive. Look at the folks that were here that don't post anymore (many of whom are still visitors);

My personal view is that you are absolutely wonderful. Someone new who wants what they want now. That is a lot like I was 22 years ago. I have my Jumbo Quail flock pretty much set and will should start routine slaughtering in August. In a few months I will have my flock of RIR and Leghorns in production. And in a year I will be full I hope to have Barred Rocks, White barred rocks, cochins, a Jersey giant like crosses, and sex linked crosses ( these will start hatching in a week).. I will be going in several directions from there depending on what happens. You are my target demographic except for your location.

Chok Dee with your chooks.

Jotham79, my post was in no way supposed to 'lower the tone' of the elitist farming forum, and if there's are frustrations about posts like mine being in that forum it's surely something to take up with thaivisa and/or the mods.

To clarify...

1. I used the search function. I didn't find the info I was looking for. I posted my question. When I last looked, that's what forums are for. If the same question was asked and answered, never Alec to be posted again, forums wouldnt have a very long shelf life. It's not called thaivisa FAQ.

2. I'm traveling in my car, overnighting in a hotel in Chiang Rai, before picking them up the next day... Long distance? Don't assume anything. I considered picking them up from Kamphaengphet! Should I post in every regional forum on thaivisa? Really? And Teak door? Why should I join a new forum when I'm already a member of thaivisa? Ridiculous twaddle!

And I could put it back on you - if you don't like the farming forum here on thaivisa, why don't you see if there's one on teak door?

3. 2 chickens in farming. Yup.

My point of posting in this forum as opposed to pets or whatever, is because I'm asking chicken FARMERS if they can supply chickens. I'm not asking pet owners. Why would I? If I want ONE tractor, or ONE bag of fertiliser is it no longer a question that FARMERS can answer?

And if I asked on the pet forum would you and others who might know even SEE my question? Again ridiculous!

As it is a chicken FARMER has replied and I know where to get my 2 chickens. Job done. But seriously do I really have to go to such lengths to explain why I asked my question on the FARMING forum.

If you guys want to keep us non commercial farming folk out of your forum I suggest you talk to thaivisa about making it private, or members only or something. Perhaps you could stipulate that only people who want 200 chickens can apply.

I generally post on the organic gardening forum because most of my questions are about organic gardening. This one, I decided, was more specific to farming by definition of thats who would know the answer (farmers). I would like to say that I won't be posting here again! But, I will, if I feel that I have a farming-esq question. Chickens are neither 'pets' nor 'organic gardening' in my book.

Perhaps, given that this 'purist' forum is 'descending' into 'rural living' by folk like us posting here, it's indicative there's more of a need for a rural living forum than a farming forum. Perhaps it could be renamed, and therefore be more inclusive to all of us with questions, mods?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jotham79, my post was in no way supposed to 'lower the tone' of the elitist farming forum, and if there's are frustrations about posts like mine being in that forum it's surely something to take up with thaivisa and/or the mods.

To clarify...

1. I used the search function. I didn't find the info I was looking for. I posted my question. When I last looked, that's what forums are for. If the same question was asked and answered, never Alec to be posted again, forums wouldnt have a very long shelf life. It's not called thaivisa FAQ.

2. I'm traveling in my car, overnighting in a hotel in Chiang Rai, before picking them up the next day... Long distance? Don't assume anything. I considered picking them up from Kamphaengphet! Should I post in every regional forum on thaivisa? Really? And Teak door? Why should I join a new forum when I'm already a member of thaivisa? Ridiculous twaddle!

And I could put it back on you - if you don't like the farming forum here on thaivisa, why don't you see if there's one on teak door?

3. 2 chickens in farming. Yup.

My point of posting in this forum as opposed to pets or whatever, is because I'm asking chicken FARMERS if they can supply chickens. I'm not asking pet owners. Why would I? If I want ONE tractor, or ONE bag of fertiliser is it no longer a question that FARMERS can answer?

And if I asked on the pet forum would you and others who might know even SEE my question? Again ridiculous!

As it is a chicken FARMER has replied and I know where to get my 2 chickens. Job done. But seriously do I really have to go to such lengths to explain why I asked my question on the FARMING forum.

If you guys want to keep us non commercial farming folk out of your forum I suggest you talk to thaivisa about making it private, or members only or something. Perhaps you could stipulate that only people who want 200 chickens can apply.

I generally post on the organic gardening forum because most of my questions are about organic gardening. This one, I decided, was more specific to farming by definition of thats who would know the answer (farmers). I would like to say that I won't be posting here again! But, I will, if I feel that I have a farming-esq question. Chickens are neither 'pets' nor 'organic gardening' in my book.

Perhaps, given that this 'purist' forum is 'descending' into 'rural living' by folk like us posting here, it's indicative there's more of a need for a rural living forum than a farming forum. Perhaps it could be renamed, and therefore be more inclusive to all of us with questions, mods?

Wow, you really put me in my place (LOL).......I may never recover. I think if your re-read my post you will see I was giving you reasonable options and never asked for an explanation. I really do appreciate your post as I am recovering from neck surgery and this has really cheered me up. There is a guy in a car staying in a hotel, making 1 page posts on his phone to find 2 chickens and argues against reasonable advice and calls me an elitist twaddle. And it just keeps getting better and better when you say 2 chickens can't be pets or organic. This really has been a treat.....Thanks,

LOL.

Unsophisticated morons. Don't get iff your bar stools, eh. ;)

haha you need to move to the unsophisticated thred to find them..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Maybe part of the problem is the name of the subforum. I've ofen heard it referred to as the organic section, whereas actually it is the Organic farming, smallholding, and kitchen garden section. 2 chickens would come under smallholding and kitchen garden.

Regards.

LOL.

Unsophisticated morons. Don't get iff your bar stools, eh. wink.png

You really are one for name calling aren't you and you call others elitists. "Unsophisticated" sounds a bit judgmental....kind of like "Benok benok". But if you mean uncomplicated I would agree. I use technology when I feel it is needed, but I probably need it less than most westerners. The barstool comment was just inflammatory. I have a drink now and then with family and close friends, but not into bars. And I still say chickens can be both organic and pets.

Got a couple of chickens leads here if anyone wants to borrow them, ideal for taking your chichens for a nice Sunday morning walk,or when you go to the shop.comes with a muzzle in case youv got a vicious one that likes to peck at kids..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app