Myth of gay affluence debunked!

Jingthing

Food insecurity. I have never seen a skinny homosexual unless he has HIV

Wow. That is so not my experience with gay people. Not sure about homosexuals though ...

But you know the skinny thing is not directly tied to poverty. It can be a fashion thing as well. Sure many trendy gays work on their gym bods others feel tiny waist will attract the men they desire. Also in many countries obesity is linked to poverty ... the cheap foods are the crappiest fat making foods.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

Another, perhaps sensitive point I'd like to add, is how often the general public thinks about gay men in the west do they first think of WHITE men. Gay people have MULTIPLE socioeconomic and ethnic identities. I hope you get my point about that. Also on the question of food insecurity we're not generally talking about actual literal starvation in western countries, that's very rare for all groups thanks to safety nets.

To wit:

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/research/census-lgbt-demographics-studies/lgbt-poverty-update-june-2013/

As poverty rates for nearly all populations increased during the recession, lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) Americans remained more likely to be poor than heterosexual people. Gender, race, education and geography all influence poverty rates among LGB populations, and children of same-sex couples are particularly vulnerable to poverty.

African American same-sex couples have poverty rates more than twice the rate of different-sex married African Americans.

Anyway, please DEBUNK the myth already!

Edited by Jingthing

I've met a Mongolian who liked to play around -- there was a language barrier, so I couldn't ask him too much about his actual orientation. He wasn't very affluent from the looks of his clothes though.

I've met a Mongolian who liked to play around -- there was a language barrier, so I couldn't ask him too much about his actual orientation. He wasn't very affluent from the looks of his clothes though.

Where did he park his yak?

Where did he park his yak?

Outside his yurt.

So he's Mongolian who likes a squirt in his yurt?

Food insecurity. I have never seen a skinny homosexual unless he has HIV

Go to the other bars, not only "bear" bars. In Taiwan and Japan, I have seen gay bars catering to sumo-wrestler style bars. I believe you like that, otherwise you have have seen that gays, like straight people, come in all shapes.