Activist kicked, hit after trying to disrupt Democrat assembly in Bangkok

webfact

Activist kicked, hit after trying to disrupt Democrat assembly
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- An activist, who earlier attempted to disrupt a Democrat seminar, was hit and kicked after he tried to interrupt the party's assembly at Miracle Grand Hotel on Friday.

Ake Auttagorn was surrounded by ordinary members of the party who shouted at him and chased him from the fourth floor of the hotel to the lobby.

Party members accused him of being "Thaksin's servant", to which retorted that they were "Dictators' servants". During the commotion, someone hit Ake in the face, knocking off his sunglasses. Another jump-kicked him on the back. He was taken out of the hotel by security officers.

Before the commotion, Ake and two men stood in front of the assembly room, holding signs saying: "Do you hear the people sing?" and "We are the people". He also shouted that the Democrat party should reform itself before seeking to reform the country.

Ake earlier held a sign saying "Respect my vote" during a Democrats-organised seminar on the country's reform at the Bangkok Museum.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-28

Read the article and just had to comment,typical Thai plagiarism ,this slogan belongs to the Bhoys' We are the People '.For the benefit of the uneducated Google it.For those in the know,good result the other night!!!!!!!!!

Typical violence that seems all too common in Thailand now especially since the brutal terrorist uprising in 2010. Lets hope the people that assaulted these protestors are held accountable.

especially since the brutal put down of the uprising in 2010 by the army.

• Like 2

Typical violence that seems all too common in Thailand now especially since the brutal terrorist uprising in 2010. Lets hope the people that assaulted these protestors are held accountable.

What to expect from red buffalo?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you think my friend that the bullsh!!T that was pulled by the red shirts in 2010 would have been allowed in any democratic western country, I think not , the red shirts were treated far to lenient by Western standard, public disobedience is not tolerated in Western Democracy and then to ask for Amnesty ,what a Fuc!!n insult , they should be all in prison and the key thrown away, that is why so many are against the PTP in T.V. we just can not understand the Thai version of Democracy, it's just pure Bullsh!!t

Unfortunately hate has been instilled in both sides and that is going to take a long time to heal.

Even the polerisation into two sides is something that will likely take a generation or more to bring back together, particularly when children are taught the hate.

Fortunately this does not appear to be general throughout the country but is only in places where there are fanatics of whatever color.

Where I live people can live together as friends and neighbors and still have different political views, although they may not be discussed particularly openly they are still respected and accepted by all but a few and I see those few getting less and less.

No need for violence from any side but also no need to do things to provoke those who you know have strong views.

I agree with you about the bitter political divisions, which are often present within the same family.

Leaders who do not have a worthy policy package will often focus on increasing factionalism, "us versus them" politics, and will use division as a distraction.

This boils down to leaders inciting followers to demand the destruction of political rivals, as opposed to those voters demanding their own party produce results, or demanding their basic human rights such as full-wage economics, regulations, stability and security etc.

This politics of division is "the only game in town" at the moment. And behind it lies a lack of progressive policies, lack of genuine desire to see corruption stamped out, lack of intention to bolster living standards or meritocratic full-wage systems. Divisive factionalism in politics is cheaper and easier for the leaders - at least in the short term which is all they care about.

• Like 2

Yes, welcome to the Brave New World of Mr Suthep; dissenting voices silenced , critics crushed and expelled. Much more of this to come in the (extremely unlikely) event he ever got any legitimate power

For a moment there i was thinking you were posting about RedShirt Democracy, this guy prodded the bees nest and got what he deserved, som non nar coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Yes, welcome to the Brave New World of Mr Suthep; dissenting voices silenced , critics crushed and expelled. Much more of this to come in the (extremely unlikely) event he ever got any legitimate power

This guy wasn't a "dissenting voice". He was an "activist" with the intention to disrupt the Democrat's meeting.

Anyone that went uninvited into any organised forum to try to disrupt it would be dragged out kicking and screaming. The same would happen in shareholder meetings, to medical forums, and any other political meetings.

Sent from my phone...

Just where did Suthep come into this Prbkk, methinks you are juist a bit bias, whistling.gif ......coffee1.gif

Edited by Chupup

Did he get what he deserved or get what he wanted?

I like this bloke!He certainly got a set on him fronting up like that and making his point.

Unfortunately for the dems this is just free advertising for the PTP and it's a very good tactic.

Just simple messages like respect my vote! Do you hear the people sing and we are the people are now getting airtime all over the kingdom.

So I think he got what he wanted certainly not what he deserved.

Nothing to do with suthep this time round. This guy wound up some Dems not a pdrc meeting (and as we all know the pdrc and the Dems are not the same) by spouting the same BS he did last time round. He got away with it then, this time he got assaulted.

That was wrong and those responsible should be prosecuted, but I'm not surprised it happened.

Imagine if he had politely asked the fascist radio group to stop destroying property, or do they only assault and mug monks?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Come on now. Get more real. The violence cannot be condoned, however .... how many political party assemblies allow protestors inside? Basically none. Does a Democrat meeting in the USA allow republican demonstators inside to disrupt their meeting. Also, from what I've read it seems to be the UDD and Pheu Thai that are more proactive in silencing critics.

I guess the poor fool was brought up in a enviroment much different from most people. We wre taught early in life that if you poked a stick into a hornets nest, you would get stung. Now some of the. what were acknowledged as the dumber kids, had to learn the hard way. Then there were those who seemed to never learn, but Darwin allowed for them.

Sorry but it his democratic right to protest peacefully, just like the PDRC has that right. Does your above statement still stand when the PDRC is attacked as this man was.