Suthep vows to end regime

Lite Beer

Suthep seems like Obama dead set on destorying a Country

I can't find any similarities. If you compare Obama with Yingluck, I would still consider it wrong but at least it would be 2 leader of a country.

Suthep is not in the government and he want to fight against corruption.

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep made a vow, saying: "No matter how hard [it will be], the great mass of the people vow to put all efforts to free the country from [the yoke] of the Thaksin regime. We shall reform [the country] with the hands of the Thai people, not through the hands of politicians or political parties any longer and we will do everything while adhering to the principle of non-violence

Doing everything through the hands of the people, and not political parties [paraphrased] is more vague sketchyness from Suthep, he does not answer many important questions. What exactly are his policies and timeline for his Committee's reforms, and timeline for the return of democratic elections. How long does he propose to rule autocratically, and what specific actions does he plan to take during this period. Has he considered the huge and ugly backlash that will accompany the toppling of PTP, and the temporary 'holiday' of the voting system. How does he propose to deal with this future dissent. Why has he not endeavoured to make the Dems electable, by reforming their policy package and sprucing up their image in the eyes of normal working people. Would it not be better to improve his party's electoral chances by party agenda reforms, than to shutdown the voting process for an unspecified length of time. This last question is the crux of the matter and is also the question I would most like to have answered. We don't like the PTP, but we do like democratic voting for a range of moderate progressive parties. Why has he not formed such a party himself, and why is he denying the opportunity for other such parties to run.

He doesn't have any policies and the only plan he has is to take the country for himself. There will never be another election when the country is his.

That is just stupid. It won't happen regardless of how often you keep saying it.

If you seriously think that Suthep will be the supreme leader and will not allow elections again, why doesn't he just take over now? Surely if he had enough power or backing to stay the supreme leader, he wouldn't have any problem just stepping into the position now.

Sent from my phone...

Suthep made a vow, saying: "No matter how hard [it will be], the great mass of the people vow to put all efforts to free the country from [the yoke] of the Thaksin regime. We shall reform [the country] with the hands of the Thai people, not through the hands of politicians or political parties any longer and we will do everything while adhering to the principle of non-violence

Doing everything through the hands of the people, and not political parties [paraphrased] is more vague sketchyness from Suthep, he does not answer many important questions. What exactly are his policies and timeline for his Committee's reforms, and timeline for the return of democratic elections. How long does he propose to rule autocratically, and what specific actions does he plan to take during this period. Has he considered the huge and ugly backlash that will accompany the toppling of PTP, and the temporary 'holiday' of the voting system. How does he propose to deal with this future dissent. Why has he not endeavoured to make the Dems electable, by reforming their policy package and sprucing up their image in the eyes of normal working people. Would it not be better to improve his party's electoral chances by party agenda reforms, than to shutdown the voting process for an unspecified length of time. This last question is the crux of the matter and is also the question I would most like to have answered. We don't like the PTP, but we do like democratic voting for a range of moderate progressive parties. Why has he not formed such a party himself, and why is he denying the opportunity for other such parties to run.

Good grief what do you want. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

"he does not answer many important questions"

If he had the answers he would not be calling for a commission to come up with them

"How long does he propose to rule autocratically, and what specific actions does he plan to take during this period"

he has said many times a year to a year and a half. He has said often to form a committee to look into various ways to reform the government.

"Has he considered the huge and ugly backlash that will accompany the toppling of PTP, and the temporary 'holiday' of the voting system."

Yes he has. He figures that there is enough people in Thailand that want an honest government that the red shirts will be held back. Any action they take will be punished. Are you suggesting there is some thing wrong with toppling a corrupt party? He also figures that the Army will step in to prevent and punish actions taken against the government. He is not a PTP and their followers dummy, he knows the police will do nothing. In fact many times they will be a part of it. After all part of a government reform would cover them and as they are run by Thaksin they would quite naturally be in favor of leaving the corruption in place. It is the only way they know how to operate.

" Would it not be better to improve his party's electoral chances by party agenda reforms

He has no party if you are talking about the Democrats are you suggesting they cease to try to implement reasonable policies into the Government and resort to promising pie in the sky.

Remember the only time they were in government it was a minority government and not allowed to implement all it's policies. It did manage to stop the growth of corruption for which the red shirts and Thaksin got very upset. since the departure of the Democrats corruption has risen and the PTP along with the red shirts are in a battle to keep it going that way.

the Democrats managed to pay it's bills plus continue the payments on the 1997 debt which the current PTP government has been unable to and passed it off to the BOT. Even with that much more spending money they have not managed to do any thing for Thailand. Now they say they need 2.2 trillion more baht and they have a budget written out on what is comparable to a table napkin

"shutdown the voting process for an unspecified length of time."

We all ready covered that.

" Why has he not formed such a party himself, and why is he denying the opportunity for other such parties to run."

Maybe he doesn't want to be the Prime Minister maybe he really wants an honest government in Thailand. I believe there was over 50 parties running in the last election.

Now here is a question why are you so against a cleaning up of the government. What makes you so great that you think all the answers should be OK by you? I do not have all the answers if I have any of them and I am curious as to what they will be. I am not willing to let things stay corrupt and all in favor of trying to eliminate it. I realize it will always be there but it has got out of control and needs stopping.

I also realize that as a foreigner there is nothing I can do except support the people who want an honest government and can vote.

• Like 2

Suthep is no better than any corrupted government official in Thailand. This is a fact, because his wealth was built on being a corrupted government official. He could have never accummulate that type of wealth for himself and his family, had it not been through his public office.

• Like 2

Right, it's because of the black magic. Now, good luck with getting your masters degree.

This is Thailand, and in my experience this seems to be part of Thai culture. So show a little respect for the country and it's people.

Stupid is stupid nevermind which country. It has nothing to do with culture neither with religion. I hope they are only going for a Bachelor.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect ThailandNew here aere you.i don't think you are going to like it here.

New here I see. I don't think you are going to like it here. that is just a minor part of the culture you consider stupid.

Suthep is no better than any corrupted government official in Thailand. This is a fact, because his wealth was built on being a corrupted government official. He could have never accummulate that type of wealth for himself and his family, had it not been through his public office.

But on Suthep no one could ever find traces of corruption (if you exclude the land scandal nonsense, which is very clearly correct).

While there are many, hundreds of cases for the Shinawatra clan. Not only Yingluck and Thaksin.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai refuses to let go of their favourite word " coup ". They issue it whenever they can, because they want to detract from the legitimacy of this protest. They want to detract from how they themselves have administered, from the corruption, from the nepotism, from the defiance of the checks and balances of the legal system. They have no excuse to fall back on. All they can do is hold up the weakest of all possible narratives. All eyes will be on Yingluck tomorrow as to whether she will show up at the NACC. The strongest bets ( based on past behavior ) is that she will not. The red shirts who were pushed out of the area near the NACC yesterday vow to come back, as they want to stop this investigation from going forward. That is what this has nakedly come down to. The detractors of the PDRC have no way they can address this objective of the UDD, because it privately causes them embarrassment, as well it should. There is no justification for the dismantling of the checks and balances. But that is precisely what the UDD is about. All see it, though some prefer to look the other way. Many, however, are not.

We call them judicial or soft coups, and, that is what they are.

She won't turn up, the NACC wants to get a quick coup while the elected portion of the Senate is out, so either they want her to acknowledge the charge in person, which permits a removal under the suspension while investigating rule, or they can eject her with a senate impeachment coup.

They won't trust the elected senate to back them, hence the need to do it as quickly as possible, while only the 2006 coup created half of the senate is in power.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

He doesn't have any policies and the only plan he has is to take the country for himself. There will never be another election when the country is his.

That is just stupid. It won't happen regardless of how often you keep saying it.

If you seriously think that Suthep will be the supreme leader and will not allow elections again, why doesn't he just take over now? Surely if he had enough power or backing to stay the supreme leader, he wouldn't have any problem just stepping into the position now.

Sent from my phone...

I presume Supreme leader is said tongue in cheek, but handing over the reins to one un-elected and dubious character, with no plan, no agenda other than reform before election- do you not think this gives him a fairly open slate to effectively rig every single system even more in one parties/persons favour?

We already know he cannot reform the most needed institutions like police, army etc, you really think he is going to try to (or could) neutrally reform the election/political system?answer honestly please??

• Like 2

Any chance of instead of running off at the mouth with baseless allegations of you telling us how much his assets are and how much his debts are. We can make are own conclusions from them.

Using the proof you have shown here I can say every one in Thailand is rich.

Talk is cheap

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 1

Sent from my phone...

I presume Supreme leader is said tongue in cheek, but handing over the reins to one un-elected and dubious character, with no plan, no agenda other than reform before election- do you not think this gives him a fairly open slate to effectively rig every single system even more in one parties/persons favour?

We already know he cannot reform the most needed institutions like police, army etc, you really think he is going to try to (or could) neutrally reform the election/political system?answer honestly please??

Can't seem to find the source that says every thing is going to be handed over to Suthep. Can you clarify that for me. I have been under the belief that he wanted a temporary government with a leader to be appointed I am not sure but I think the leader would be appointed by the Senate. (I could be wrong on that not 100% sure) Some how I don't think he would be on their list.

Utter crap ! If Suteb ever installs himself as your so called 'supreme leader', I will eat my hat and you can hold me to that. It's such a load of complete rubbish !

There is no justification for the dismantling of the checks and balances. But that is precisely what the UDD is about. All see it, though some prefer to look the other way. Many, however, are not.

When it comes to the Orwellian Newspeak of the anti-democrats, "checks and balances" ranks up there with the "rule of law". Excactly what "checks and balances" are there, say, on the creative reinterpretation of the constitution by the CC? On the naked partisanship of the NACC? What does Suthep preventing people from voting have to do with the "rule of law"?

While they themselves act decidedly unchecked and unbalanced, and unhindered by any pesky law, the anti-democrats themselves spout an endless series of clichés about... you guessed it:

"Checks and Balances" and "The Rule of Law".

Again, it´s something of a black farce, except that it is very real indeed.

• Like 2

Sent from my phone...

"Supreme leader" is a term that has been used by various people that think Suthep will stay in power for the rest of his life.

(1) I don't think the reins will be handed over to him. (2) Look at what has happened with the Thaksin proxy parties trying to rig every single system. People have come out to protest. That's what will happen if Suthep crosses the people supporting him now.

I don't know if Suthep can reform the political system. He is certainly the wrong person to front a movement against corrupt systems.

But amnesty bills to return to the pre-2006 corruption of Thaksin isn't any better.

• Like 1

There is no justification for the dismantling of the checks and balances. But that is precisely what the UDD is about. All see it, though some prefer to look the other way. Many, however, are not.

When it comes to the Orwellian Newspeak of the anti-democrats, "checks and balances" ranks up there with the "rule of law". Excactly what "checks and balances" are there, say, on the creative reinterpretation of the constitution by the CC? On the naked partisanship of the NACC? What does Suthep preventing people from voting have to do with the "rule of law"?

While they themselves act decidedly unchecked and unbalanced, and unhindered by any pesky law, the anti-democrats themselves spout an endless series of clichés about... you guessed it:

"Checks and Balances" and "The Rule of Law".

Again, it´s something of a black farce, except that it is very real indeed.

Can't really say as I have heard Yingluck talk about Checks and Balances but I have heard her talk a lot about rule of law. She also spouts an endless dialogue about her saving Thailand for Democracy while at the same time she allows her brother working through her to be the dictator.

Yes you are quite correct she is doing every thing in her power to reinterpret the constitution. We are indeed fortunate that we have a Constitutional Court that is trained to study and interpret the Constitution.thumbsup.gif

Wise words! But all this has already been said many times before. Is it a mantra, too?

quote name="northernjohn" post="7629349" timestamp="1396187752"]

Sent from my phone...

Can't seem to find the source that says every thing is going to be handed over to Suthep. Can you clarify that for me. I have been under the belief that he wanted a temporary government with a leader to be appointed I am not sure but I think the leader would be appointed by the Senate. (I could be wrong on that not 100% sure) Some how I don't think he would be on their list.

It seems pretty clear the current government wont be around long. Everyone i talk to is complaining about this government, irrespective of their politics. Most of the business and academic people are now talking the same thing as Suthep: reform then elections. I would also like to hear from red supporters out there what good things this government has achieved. Keep your responses objective! No matter how you look at it Yingluck is inept and totally out of her depth?

What has this government achieved? That's a difficult one.

Got it! They've raised wheelchair use awareness. thumbsup.gif

The car+condo tax rebate, needed to re-inflate the economy after the dip under the previous Democrats, it was a big success. Popular in Bangkok btw.

But also the rice pledge scheme. It broke the rice buying cartel, previously farmers had to sell their rice to the cartel at deflated price (10000 baht per tonne). They had no choice and its been a source of protests for years. They protested this cartel back in 1996 or 1995, the government sent the police in, with dogs, the dogs attacked the farmers, it was a big upset and that was part of the reason Thaksin became so popular after he treated the farmers nicely.

So now the government pays 15000 baht a tonne for top grade hom mail, or a lower prices for lower grade rice. Which equates to 20833 baht per tonne of milled rice And the government exports the rice at 37770 baht a tonne.

That profit previously went to the cartel and will now goes to the government. Well at least it will when they can unblock the rice auctions and funding.

Obviously it upsets the rice middlemen, and we've had an endless stream of attacks on the program, but that's what happens when you take on a cartel!

They nearly fixed the trains too, pity democrats managed to block that.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

when you have elections as corrupted as they are here, then,yes, I agree.... No,need for elections when the people voting care more for 500 baht than a better future

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

when you have elections as corrupted as they are here, then,yes, I agree.... No,need for elections when the people voting care more for 500 baht than a better future

Wise words! But all this has already been said many times before. Is it a mantra, too?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

It's much better when they walk as protesters because they have been paid 500 baht ;)

The car+condo tax rebate, needed to re-inflate the economy after the dip under the previous Democrats, it was a big success. Popular in Bangkok btw.

But also the rice pledge scheme. It broke the rice buying cartel, previously farmers had to sell their rice to the cartel at deflated price (10000 baht per tonne). They had no choice and its been a source of protests for years. They protested this cartel back in 1996 or 1995, the government sent the police in, with dogs, the dogs attacked the farmers, it was a big upset and that was part of the reason Thaksin became so popular after he treated the farmers nicely.

So now the government pays 15000 baht a tonne for top grade hom mail, or a lower prices for lower grade rice. Which equates to 20833 baht per tonne of milled rice And the government exports the rice at 37770 baht a tonne.

That profit previously went to the cartel and will now goes to the government. Well at least it will when they can unblock the rice auctions and funding.

Obviously it upsets the rice middlemen, and we've had an endless stream of attacks on the program, but that's what happens when you take on a cartel!

The car subsidy had nothing to do with economic growth. It was used to please the car companies that had lost a fortune through the floods.

The "dip" under the Democrats was actually due to the global financial crisis ... something that was missed by Thaksin's PPP. Korn and Abhisit got a lot of praise for how their policies helped weather the GFC in Thailand.

Can't really say as I have heard Yingluck talk about Checks and Balances but I have heard her talk a lot about rule of law. She also spouts an endless dialogue about her saving Thailand for Democracy while at the same time she allows her brother working through her to be the dictator.

Yes you are quite correct she is doing every thing in her power to reinterpret the constitution. We are indeed fortunate that we have a Constitutional Court that is trained to study and interpret the Constitution.thumbsup.gif

If indeed "we" (speak for yourself) are "fortunate that we have a Constitutional Court that is trained to study and interpret the Constitution", surely that training would ensure that all the judges agreed 100% on each ruling the CC makes.

That isn't the case - for example, you can't be half unconstitutional when amending the the constitution. wrt the election of Senators amendment - the CC ruled 5:4

5 judges read the constitution and said the government had committed an unconstitutional act, and 4 judges said they didn't. They all read the same constitution. How well trained is that?

The same CC not only ruled that the government committed an unconstitutional act but they breached Article 68 whilst they were doing it, ie conspired to overthrow the democratic regime with the King as the Head of State, in other words, treason. Yet they decided to take no action. How well trained is that?

Completely arbritary decisions. Not much training needed for that. Checks and balances - I think a spelling error has been made.

• Like 1

and again this criminel and political clown. he hardly can wait to instal his dictatorship.the good thing is only he will fail again, a born loser he is. by the way is really funny to see some farang from the usa, gb, australia and so on supporting him. shows how "democratic" this guys are, support somebody wich like to bring a dictatorship to thailand. for all of them my wish that the reds kick them out soon from thailand.

And the reds, your democratic heros, should kick out people with other opinions in the name of Democracy....cheesy.gif

you should learn to read or at least learn to understand was i wrote. farang wich are supporting sutheps dictatorship should be kicked out. and if you support him than of course you too. a opinion is one thing, supporting a dictatorship another.

Edited by benny1616
  • Like 1

The car subsidy had nothing to do with economic growth. It was used to please the car companies that had lost a fortune through the floods.

The "dip" under the Democrats was actually due to the global financial crisis ... something that was missed by Thaksin's PPP. Korn and Abhisit got a lot of praise for how their policies helped weather the GFC in Thailand.

2007-2008 was the global financial crisis (link to wikipedia). Not 2010/11. The democrats stimulus package for 2007/8 was a lot of new police stations and flag poles, lots of which went unfinished.

The car+condo scheme was to re-inflate the economy after the dems got power. Yes it also helped the car companies, and condo companies, but since they are domestic industry, ithe money really cycles around in the Thai economy, so that was the point of choosing those industries, it also creates jobs in Thailand.

There's another reason too for choosing these, and that's debt and finance. To buy a condo and a car, they take out a loan, that loan creates money. It expands the GDP of Thailand. If you're not familiar with how Fiat currencies work, here's a link to a video that explains how currencies works.

But on Suthep no one could ever find traces of corruption (if you exclude the land scandal nonsense, which is very clearly correct).

While there are many, hundreds of cases for the Shinawatra clan. Not only Yingluck and Thaksin.

"Seek and Ye Shall Find" the same on Suthep as well as any polticians in Thailand who suddenly became rich when they took office. How do you or anyone explain where Suthep's sudden wealth came from? He was poor just like you and I before he became a politician. That means when he got into politics, he found a way to make a lot of money using his official position - whether it was through a private business or kick back pays. For the Shinawatras, at least they own a big company that has been making major profits during the booming years of the communication era. I am sure Thaksin did use his position and authority to increase his wealth, but then again, there is not a single Thai officials (especially the ones with real power) who does not use his position and authority to gain wealth, so my whole point is.....none of them are any better than the other. That means Suthep, Thaksin and all are equally dirty and corrupted.

• Like 1

NO THAI POLITICIAN IS CLEAN, WHEN IT COMES TO CORRUPTION AND ABUSE OF AUTHORITY. BECAUSE THE POLITICIANS WHO ARE IN POSITIONS OF POWER ARE ALL RICH (100 MILLION OR MORE IN THEIR NETWORTH), BUT NONE OF THEM HAS THAT TYPE OF WEALTH BEFORE THEY BECAME POWERFUL POLITICIANS. THIS IS A SELF-EVIDENT THAT THEY ARE CORRUPTED AND USED THEIR OFFICIAL POSITIONS TO THEIR FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE, WHETER IT BE TAX EVASION OR CORRUPTIONS IN PUBLIC FUNDING MECHANISM. IF WE LINE UP ALL THE POLITICIANS IN THAILAND AND PUT EACH OF THEM THROUGH A COMPREHENSIVE LIE DETECTOR TEST, I BET NONE OF THEM WILL PASS IT.

• Like 1

2007-2008 was the global financial crisis (link to wikipedia). Not 2010/11. The democrats stimulus package for 2007/8 was a lot of new police stations and flag poles, lots of which went unfinished.

The car+condo scheme was to re-inflate the economy after the dems got power. Yes it also helped the car companies, and condo companies, but since they are domestic industry, ithe money really cycles around in the Thai economy, so that was the point of choosing those industries, it also creates jobs in Thailand.

There's another reason too for choosing these, and that's debt and finance. To buy a condo and a car, they take out a loan, that loan creates money. It expands the GDP of Thailand. If you're not familiar with how Fiat currencies work, here's a link to a video that explains

The GFC was 2007 - 2008, and the PPP missed it completely while they were in power. The Democrats didn't get into power until the very end of 2008. They introduced policies to make sure that the economy didn't fall in a heap, as it did in the US.

The economy was going along OK until 2011 when the floods hit.

Sent from my phone...

Indeed - luckily they prevented the unconstitutional move to implement an elected senate through what could to a casual observer look like the correct amendment procedure. However, the CC, using their superior training at constitutional divination were able to establish that amending the constitution in ways that re-instate a democratic senate (as opposed to the current coup-imposed partly appointed one) would be... unconstitutional.

Good stuff - you couldn´t make it up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suthep is doing more than destroying the regime, he is bringing the country down, what a farce this had become. Go home and get to work

oh the shins already detroyed the country unless you were in a coma all this time???

The shins, what are u, a teenager writing slang, the shins i must laugh. I recon there are a few who are in a coma, near coma, shins. I guess u recon the shins as u call them are a kind of mafia, if so what do we call the people who try to grap power in a country with undemocratic means, democrats or...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It seems pretty clear the current government wont be around long. Everyone i talk to is complaining about this government, irrespective of their politics. Most of the business and academic people are now talking the same thing as Suthep: reform then elections. I would also like to hear from red supporters out there what good things this government has achieved. Keep your responses objective! No matter how you look at it Yingluck is inept and totally out of her depth?

aaaaaaaaaa how many ******* times????

Disagreeing with the moron that is Suthep does not automatically translate into support for PTP or Thaskin.

The better read and more intelligent posters on here see past tribal division and envisage something better for their adopted home.

Well maybe for us, but there seems to be a new crop of "young, otherwise unemployable Thai kids freshly returned from abroad with their newly purchased degrees.

I know Koreans and Laos who were born in Gringoland who have actually fenced Master's theses to these idiots from starving campus hipsters.

Anyway these local geniuses get shipped back home here with these silly worthless degrees and while they're hanging around here waiting for their "local contacts" to buy them into a graduate programme here, they impress their friends by writing into the political forums and the expat forums and anything else they can do to "work that English" brand.

Same old BS. Same old non-critical thinking. Same old lips clamped firmly around the same old exhaust pipe of the same old decrepit patronage system that made them everything they are today.

It's not the grammatical tells that give 'em away so much as the thought patterns they need to fondle on a regular basis to get themselves off to sleep.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

• Like 1