Another warning of heavy storms and hails issued for Thailand

webfact

Another warning of heavy storms and hails issued

hailstorm-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s northern, northeastern and central regions are to face another round of torrential rains, thunderstorms and expected hails due to sudden change of temperatures as the result of a strong high pressure system moving down from China this week.

The storms are expected to wreak havoc across the areas the storms passing.

Unstable billboards, trees and houses could be brought down by the severe tropical storms during the period, the Meteorological Department warned Tuesday.

It said in its latest announcement today that a strong high pressure system is now moving down from China to blanket the upper part of Thailand over the next few days from April 3-6.

The moving of the cool pressure system will be coinciding with the rising temperature which the country will be encountering from warm to extreme warm during April 4-7. This will also be coupled with the westerly wind blowing in to the upper part of the country.

The combination of several factors will result in a tropical storm which will bring in torrential rains, thunderstorms and expected hail stones in some areas, and the sharp decline of temperatures between 7-10 degrees Celsius.

Heavy rainstorms, and hails are expected during April 3-4 in Nong Khai, Bung Karn, Nakhon Phanom, Sakhon Nakhon, Khon Kaen, Amnart Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Sisaket, Surin, Buriram and Nakhon Ratchasima.

For April 4-5, storms will happen in Chaiyaphum, Phetchabun, Nakhon Sawan, Lopburi, Sraburi, Ayutthaya and Chainat.

From April 5-6, it will affect Tak, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Kampaeng Phet, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Uttaradit and Phetchabun.

Loei, Chaiyaphum, Nong Bua Lampoo, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Bung Karn will also be affected by the storms.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/another-warning-heavy-storms-hails-issued/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-01

Warning
"Hot weather and summer Thunderstorm"

No. 1 Time Issued : April 01, 2014 During 3-6 Apr, 2014, the rather strong high pressure area will extend to covers upper Thailand while Thailand is hot to very hot. And During 4-7 Apr, 2014, the westerly trough will moves to covers upper Thailand. Summer thunderstorm will be likely following with thunderstorm, gust and isolated hail, after that temperature decrease 7-10 °C. The following effects to

1. During 3-4 Apr, 2014, the provinces include Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Sakon Nakhon, Khon Kaen, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Buri Ram and Nakhon Ratchasima.

2. During 4-5 Apr, 2014, the provinces include Chaiyaphum, Phetchabun, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Sara Buri, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and Chai Nat.

3. During 5-6 Apr, 2014, the provinces include Tak, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Kamphaeng Phet, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Uttaradit and Phetchabun.

4. During 6-7 Apr, 2014, the provinces include Loei, Chaiyaphum, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Kai and Bueng Kan.

People should beware of the severe weather.

The low pressure cell in the Malaca strait affect to Southwest coast of Thailand (Andaman Sea) is intensify rain and strong wind wave in the thundershowers.

The advisory will be effect on 1 April 2014 at 11.00 a.m.

(Signed) Worapat Tiewthanom

(Mr. Worapat Tiewthanom)

Director-General, Thai Meteorological Department

Source: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/list_warning.php

-- Thai Meteorological Department 2014-04-01

We encountered strong turbulence into Phuket last night and aborted the landing. A major storm hit 30 minutes later. Thanks to the pilot's caution (well done JetStar) the approach was fine on the second run. Having been early on the scene during the One2Go crash in Phuket a couple of years ago, I was appreciative of the caution and thankful we didn't experience the full storm.

Not a joke at all. We all recall the February storm in Chiang Mai last year where at my house alone 21 huge trees, many old teak and flower-bearing beauties, were destroyed. Our 1,000 year old Banyan lost 1/3 of its huge crown that only now is starting to make a come-back! Our very large 20-year old sala was pushed over to a 15-20 degree list that took two months to repair. Many tiles were blown off the several roofs of this property. We kept the braces on many of our younger replanted trees for just this expected happening, and will take care our cars and dogs will be undercover if not inside.

I am not aware there is much more to be done other than to hope it cleans the northern smoke-filled air, and clears the Bangkok streets of protesters.

A good blow often starts with moisture.

• Like 2

Not a joke at all. We all recall the February storm in Chiang Mai last year where at my house alone 21 huge trees, many old teak and flower-bearing beauties, were destroyed. Our 1,000 year old Banyan lost 1/3 of its huge crown that only now is starting to make a come-back! Our very large 20-year old sala was pushed over to a 15-20 degree list that took two months to repair. Many tiles were blown off the several roofs of this property. We kept the braces on many of our younger replanted trees for just this expected happening, and will take care our cars and dogs will be undercover if not inside.

I am not aware there is much more to be done other than to hope it cleans the northern smoke-filled air, and clears the Bangkok streets of protesters.

Hi SLESQ, i hope another storm of that magnitude dose'nt hit again, but if your in the market for selling some teak planks ,im in the market for buying . lol

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So we can assume by your........................".huge trees, ancient Banyan, very large 20 year-old sala, several roofs", that you enjoy boasting and are a typical ............"my dad's bigger than your dad" farang!

• Like 2

1. During 3-4 Apr, 2014, the provinces include Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Sakon Nakhon, Khon Kaen, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Buri Ram and Nakhon Ratchasima.

All over Isaan, 33% of the country, would fit better.Let's hope the best.

Edited by sirchai

you could avoid all these worries by swapping your fragile home and gardens for my storm proof cave

pm me if interested

All over Isaan, 33% of the country, would fit better.Let's hope the best.

3 - 4th of April my BEHIND....it's 8pm on the 1st and we have just come through a storm the likes of which I've not known before. Roof's off of one of the buildings and some homes in the village are flooded. If this is a sample of what's to come as advised -- sh1t By the way, we are just south of Prakhon Chai.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So we can assume by your........................".huge trees, ancient Banyan, very large 20 year-old sala, several roofs", that you enjoy boasting and are a typical ............"my dad's bigger than your dad" farang!

You seem a typical penis envy type of guy...

• Like 2

"The moving of the cool pressure system"

Cool pressure ? That's the first time I hear the term "cool pressure" in 25 years working in meteorology

it is ok to make up new terms if they fit the application. Not sure if this such a case, or if professional lexicon should prevail, but do elaborate if you will.

Let's hope the storm won't be so severe.

Unstable billboards, trees and houses could be brought down by the severe tropical storms during the period

...which means most of the areas hit could be potentially lethal.

Let's all hope that I don't losemebike, too.

• Like 1

"Unstable billboards, trees, houses and GOVERNMENTS could be brought down by the severe tropical storms during the period, the Meteorological Department warned Tuesday.
"

Look out. Its all a bit flimsy, folks.

• Like 1