Constitutional Court decides to proceed with case against PM Yingluck: Thawil's transfer

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, she was wrong to transfer Thawil - who as NSC Sectretary General was well involved in the blood-letting of 2010 (and was unpopular because of that), and moved him (on full salary) to a position out of the media spotlight.

Oh well.

I notice that the gang of 40 didn't even get 40 signatures? Only 29? What happened? Is "the gang" a bit worried now?

• Like 2

Charter court accepts petition seeking PM’s disqualification

x4-2-2014-1-36-58-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.pa

BANGKOK: -- The Constitutional Court has accepted for consideration a petition filed by a group of senators seeking to disqualify caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra over the removal of Mr Thawil Pliensri as the chief of National Security Council over a year ago.

Meanwhile, the court rejected a petition filed by Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order director Chalerm Yubamrung seeking an end to the anti-government protests by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee claiming that the protests are illegal and not peaceful.

A group of 27 senators led by Paibul Nititawan claimed that the prime minister had violated articles 91 and 182 (7) of the Constitution by transferring Mr Thawil from the NSC to become an advisor at the Prime Minister’s Office to pave the way for Pol Gen Priewphan Damapong, brother of Khunying Pojaman na Pombejra, to be appointed as the new police chief replacing Pol Gen Wichien Potephosri.

If the court faults the prime minister of breaching the charter, she will have to lose the premiership and this means her entire cabinet will be dissolved automatically.

Source: http://englishnews.t...isqualification

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xwuNWP8G4
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-02

Who will make the decision to install a "peoples council" once Yingluck is impeached? Does she not elect a caretaker PM to replace her? The Constitutional courts or the Senate?

With all these cases against her, why don't they just stop messing around, and order her removed from power, and stop this impasse once and for all, and batten down the hatches for the possibility of Red shirt violence, and some here will more be inclined to think that's an inevitability, and they maybe right, but there's nothing positive about any future without a big brass balls decision to move forwards. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

• Like 1

LOL they are throwing everything brown against the wall hoping it will stick what a tangled web...

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/charter-court-rejects-call-end-ms-yinglucks-premiership/

But hey when ya can't win an election according to the laws and the constitution it is incumbent to try any means possible...right? The old shotgun theory ...

I sincerely hope for all Thais they know what the alternative is... ...

you left out...when you can't run the country according to the laws and constitution....

Neither could Abhiset Leekpai Suthep or most of the others...so ... that is why you are here... to be sure we get it right...Thanks

• Like 1

LOL they are throwing everything brown against the wall hoping it will stick what a tangled web...

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/charter-court-rejects-call-end-ms-yinglucks-premiership/

But hey when ya can't win an election according to the laws and the constitution it is incumbent to try any means possible...right? The old shotgun theory ...

you left out...when you can't run the country according to the laws and constitution....

Neither could Abhiset Leekpai Suthep or most of the others...so ... that is why you are here... to be sure we get it right...Thanks

No, I am here to delouse the forum as needed wink.png

Carry on then!

It will all stick as PT is corrupt to it's core because TS is in charge and YS is a puppet.

The alternative is clear - less corruption and less money stolen.

It will all stick as PT is corrupt to it's core because TS is in charge and YS is a puppet.

The alternative is clear - less corruption and less money stolen.

Maybe ... I just hope you are as adamant about the next group...because this isn't about anything but a power grab...alll kinds of things will be coming to bear in the not too distant future which may very well change a lot more than the puppets...you are delusional if you think corruption will ease... it may just be more cleverly veiled...for awhile... but with the information age here and gaining... all the back room deals are gonna be harder and harder to hide...from all factions...

and please provide links or proof of money stolen... I await your reply...

Edited by DirtFarmer