The hypocritical criticisms of Thailand...

Nautilus05

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: I spent two months in LA about 10 years ago, and the pollution was NOTHING like Bangkok. lived in London and New York for many years, and again nothing like Bangkok. Of course there's occasional peaks, but they're very little to the constant pollution here. Comparing measles to the plague.

• Like 2

Mostly I put it down to when you move countries you aren't settled yet. You are exposed to everything and starting from scratch.

But yes. There are plenty of idiots about. People who shouldn't be given passports, and unfortunately they like to end up in Thailand.

Others who don't realise that as white people, for the most part they are actually getting treated better than the average Thai and definitely better than the Burmese migrant worker.

The complaints I read on Thai Visa astound me. Makes me think I live in the same country but parallel universe.

And don't get me started about the anti foreigner foreigners who move to Thailand.

Only 1 good point u made.....the last 1.....that should have been mentioned on the "illogical thread" as a counterpoint. It truly amazes me that people who marry a foreign wife complain about foreigners in their own country. Amazing....hmmm no...foreigners !

PS: I spent two months in LA about 10 years ago, and the pollution was NOTHING like Bangkok. lived in London and New York for many years, and again nothing like Bangkok. Of course there's occasional peaks, but they're very little to the constant pollution here. Comparing measles to the plague.

CM smog. Nothing like it in the UK.

What? Go live up around the Teeside area. There's literally ash falling onto your windshield while you're driving, to the point you need to turn the wiper blades on.

Edited by Nautilus05

OK, very concrete: I just opened my bedroom window to air the room and like every day I smell some really nasty air. A (rare) good day in Bangkok is when you can mostly NOT smell the air. I lived in Central london for 3 years (Notting Hill/Chelsea) and I don't recall ever thinking: "****, should have left my window shut today".

I'll have to look it up but there was an article recently in the Economist that young people in SE Asia have one third less lung capacity than in the West, due to rampant pollution. But I really din't need to look at PSI indices because my nose / irritated throat tells me all I need to know.

Thai women are lieing gold diggers! -- Well, that's basically every woman out West as well. Sorry fellas, but woman in general would prefer to marry a successful lawyer, versus someone who lays around and drinks beer everyday.

No, basically every woman "out West" isnt a lieing gold digger, thanks.

(..and your comparison regarding successful lawyer -v- lazy beer drinker is just plain stupid)

To be fair, LaraC, he was generalising as many on TV do about the Thai women. Of course it's not all, not even a majority. In both cultures.

But there are certainly some Thai women, and some Western women, that "put out" for a guy with money or status. It's just the demograph of TV members and their habits that result in a blip in perceptions.

And to be fair, I can't imagine a lawyer not being more popular over a beer-guzzler, even amongst the non-gold-diggers..

• Like 2

Thai women are lieing gold diggers! -- Well, that's basically every woman out West as well. Sorry fellas, but woman in general would prefer to marry a successful lawyer, versus someone who lays around and drinks beer everyday.

(..and your comparison regarding successful lawyer -v- lazy beer drinker is just plain stupid)

YUP, Do you think the OP, has a prostitute as a wife/ girlfriend, and wants to justify his stupid life ? Why has the OP not told us his age, the age of his wife/girfriend, and where he met her. I think I can guess.

• Like 1

Customer service is horrible yes it is ....

The other points OK.

That's just nuts. Speaking of nuts, what happens when you order a pint at your local? Not in Thailand. The customer service is great. A lady comes over and massages my back and another takes care of the nuts. Snacks of course cheesy.gif I love the customer service.

And neither are Thai women