How To Fill Up My Skype Account in LOS?

sirchai

Hello and sawasdee khrap,

Had my Skype account opened up in Europe and filled it up using my Thai visa card. To put 1000 baht on now, I'm paying about twice.

What's the best way to refill my account? Thanks for any advice.-wai2.gif

I'm not quite sure I've understood the issue correctly but anyway I've been using the Skype-out service since it began and it tops up automatically with a Thai credit card whenever the balance is almost depleted.

It is billed in Euros and converted to THB at the prevailing rate just like any other CC transaction. I've never noticed any problems.

Okay, I'm dumb, I'll admit it when it comes to SKYPE.

Everyone I know in other countries tells me SKYPE is for FREE but here in Thailand, they keep telling me I have to pay... can someone enlighten me.....PLEASE?

You can also pay into a Skype Co account in cash, this is at HSBC in Bangkok, you need to get the details from Skype, I did it twice when living in Bangkok, then changed to the easiest method which is to have the auto refill option from your back Acc linked to a credit card or PayPal.

skype is free if you only call other people with skype.

Yes, in other words, computer-to-computer Skype. Calling to telephones is (used to be?) called Skype-out...if you check out your Account, or the Skype website you'll no doubt see that there are many more options these days.

skype is free if you only call other people with skype.

skype costs if you want to use skype to call a mobile or landline.

Skype is also free for those who're using Hotmail messenger. But I'd like to know where I could fill my account up without paying twice as much I put on.

I'm not quite sure I've understood the issue correctly but anyway I've been using the Skype-out service since it began and it tops up automatically with a Thai credit card whenever the balance is almost depleted.

It is billed in Euros and converted to THB at the prevailing rate just like any other CC transaction. I've never noticed any problems.

That's why I stopped that it tops up from alone. If paying almost twice for your credit, you can also use a mobile phone to call out.

Get a Smartphone and download Tango, Line, Wechat , Skype is so OLD School, why u pay money these are FREE..........

Maybe because I'm n' old school boy? No, many people I know are using skype as messenger on Hotmail,etc...

I don't want a smart phone, thanks. Just sent a text to Skype, how to pay here. You forgot who's where...

Edited by sirchai

I top my skype credit up with a Bangkok bank visa card.

My old mother in Denmark don't use computers nor smart phones so I call her over skype to a land line and it's very cheap.

I also do phone banking and call a bank in Singapore to transfer funds, very handy.

Make sure you don't have 2 accounts and got confused on which ones you made payment to and which ones you use.

Next, you need to direct Skype for auto payment, otherwise it will wait for you to top your account up. Sounds like you made a single payment without renewal.

Lastly, it takes a few days to catch up on your Skype Account to Visa Card. If you paid twice it will show up in about a week or two and you will have double credits now.

Hope this helps.

All those Apps work the same in terms of payment/free structure, including Skype. That is, if you're using Skype, Line, etc on your smartphone to call, and the receiver has a smartphone with Skype, Line, etc. running, then you can call mobile to mobile using skype, Line, Viber, and other Apps mention essentially for free. I say essentially because it can also then depend on your data plan and data usage. with your mobile carrier, to determine if it is truly free.

However, I think they all charge if you are using those Apps to call a landline or a mobile direct without the receiving end using the same app. e.g. Skype, Line have a small charge to call another mobile phone that is not using Skype, Line on the receiving end, or to call landlines.

So, best bet if you are calling a mobile #, is to ask the receiving end to use one of those apps. I think the app has to be running for them to receive the call though. And if not, or you want to call a landline, then you have to pay a charge. One option if you have to go the pay route, and if you call a lot, is that some may offer calling plans to certain countries for a flat rate.

Edited by ebcal

I'd like to apologize, but the thread was only meant how to fill up your Skype account in Thailand.

Using my Bangkok bank visa card, then converting from Euros to baht seems to be way too expensive.

Please stay on topic. Thanks.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai