The Leather on Those Golf Gloves Might Come From a Stolen Pet in Thailand

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is a bit off, when taken seriously. It's awful barbaric practice, and nothing to be laughed at. sad.png

In all honesty, is there a difference between skinning dogs for their hides, or skinning cows or pigs or snakes or even crocodiles for their respective hides ?

Why is one barbaric and not the other ?

barbaric ...probably the part about skinning them alive..dont eat meat its simple ...an awful vile trade..scum of the earth ...i dont mind watching someone come in my garden and try to get my pitbull..watching a potential dognapper getting seriously hurt .would make me laugh my nuts off..(pun intended)

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lammbock, on 04 Apr 2014 - 09:41, said:Quote

You know what they are saying: Who plays Golf does not have Sex anymore. ^^

I think that may be taken out of proportion a bit.

I've heard them called w***ers before, but not sure about no sex anymore. Once they put the golf bats back in the bag, they normally revert to their previous selves.

tongue.png

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 2

With all the stray dogs in Thailand, I can't see much need for stalking somebody's pet.

As for dogs vs. cattle/beef/steak/burgers, pigs/bacon/sausage/ham, chicken/McNuggets, shoes, belts, handbags, pants, coats, etc.

Every living thing on the planet kills some other living thing to survive.

My biggest problem is with all those bastard 'plant killers'. Hang them all I say...!

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-secret-life-of-plants/

Edited by tkramer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

will it improve my game?

Just how SICK CAN YOU GET????????????

If YOU think this is funny, then you must have the IQ (if you have any idea what that is) of a snail !!!!!!!!!!!

If you can tell me how they can tell that the golf glove is made specifically from dog hide from Thailand, then I would quite willingly try to improve my IQ.

However, if the basis of the OP are the thoughts of one person, promoting his organization, then without further proof some others need to look at their own IQ's for believing everything they read.

I would hazard a guess that there are more hides used from outside restaurants that serve dog in surrounding countries than come from Thailand.

Not all golf gloves are made from dog sacs, and not all dog sacs come from Thailand.......................rolleyes.gif

These are mostly soi dogs that Thai people in their infinite faux pas kindness and merciful

deeds feeding and protecting packs of emaciated mongrels roaming the Soi,

similar stories have been periodically circulating in the media, the twist this time has to do

with the golf gloves...and these are the end results...

A country and a people who live in the dark ages, it’s a wonder they don’t use babies for the soft leather or maybe not thought of it yet wait until the dogs are finished. Oh I forgot it’s a different culture from the West.

• Like 1

Well at least they might have found a use for all the diseased and useless soi dogs found everywhere throughout Thailand and with half the world starving and what must be a massive demand for golf gloves - seems they are onto a winning solution.

Next they should start on eradicating the breeders who flood the market with "cute" little puppies and the owners who buy them only to be released onto the streets when no longer "cute and cuddly".

Dog lovers and do-gooders - no response necessary.

Half the world starving ? do you know this personally or do you have facts and figures?

• Like 1

Thai people have this strange habit of just letting their dogs (especially the big dogs) out to run around in their neighborhood. In my neighborhood, there must be at least 10 dogs that run around and coming into our yard to take a dump or damage our lawn by trying to dig holes on the ground. Nobody seems to care or think for one minute that in doing so, it might cause a nuisance to their neighbors. The dogs seem to be always hungry and would eat just about anything, which tells me that their owners do not care for them or feed them often. Maybe some sort of dog registration requirement and enforcement actions to those who do not comply with requirements for owning a dog should be fined. That way, everybody takes care of their pets and that in turn lessen the chance of them running around and be caught by these so called "dog smugglers". Another problem is Thailand obviously has too many strayed dogs and there is no system to manage or take those strayed dogs off the street, such as a Humane Society that takes care of strayed dogs and putting them for adoption. Therefore, this problem naturally attracts the attention of dog smugglers like the cases that were described in this article.

This really is a bit off, when taken seriously. It's awful barbaric practice, and nothing to be laughed at. sad.png

In all honesty, is there a difference between skinning dogs for their hides, or skinning cows or pigs or snakes or even crocodiles for their respective hides ?

Why is one barbaric and not the other ?

Because those dogs were not breed to be either food or gloves. They might have been somebody's pet, and if its a stray dog who ever knows what it has been eaten before put on someones plate as food. Was the dog healthy?

Also how did they kill the dogs? was it in a painless way, fast and "humane" or did they suffer in the forrest while some one killed them?

Imho If you breed an animal to use as food or crafting materials its ok if the purpose is just that, and the animal has lived a good life, with good care, good food and in a good environment. And when the animal is killed its killed with absolutely no suffering.

Pile stocking animals on trucks make me feel bad, even if its just for transportation to the slaughter house. Let the last days of the creatures in life be their best.

• Like 2

Well at least they might have found a use for all the diseased and useless soi dogs found everywhere throughout Thailand and with half the world starving and what must be a massive demand for golf gloves - seems they are onto a winning solution.

Next they should start on eradicating the breeders who flood the market with "cute" little puppies and the owners who buy them only to be released onto the streets when no longer "cute and cuddly".

Dog lovers and do-gooders - no response necessary.

Half the world starving ? do you know this personally or do you have facts and figures?

I would think that using with a bit of intelligence it would be clear to most that the statement "half the world starving" is a figure of speech, meaning that a reasonable number of the worlds population is either underfeed or malnourished. If you want facts and figures go right ahead and research it yourself.

Is killing them to eat worse?

We produce lots of animals commercially for killing and processing, but of course, there are humane ways to process them.... and then there are other ways.

I fear the worst here, but I don't really know.

Why would people bother to skin a dog alive? What a hideous thought...

Take care of your pets and keep them safe.

Not just dogs but fur animals such as mink, especially in China where there is little regulation, or even thought about cruel, painful methods. The fur comes off more easily when the animal is alive. Horrid video a few years ago with cats being skinned and just going into shock- truly any human that is involved in this is psychotically numb.

With meat, allegedly skinning alive makes it more tender. I'm of an opinion that any creature that died horribly generates a very unhealthy.. enzyme of some sort, and it contributes to the consumer being aggressive, callous and uncaring. Maybe it gives them cancer, too.

• Like 1

Send me a PM. Where I live there are 12 dogs in 4 houses, 7 in one of them. 3 or 4 of them are extremely nasty, possibly pit bulls. They are left out all night, no discipline at any time. This is in a residential development on a soi of 8 houses. The worst offender acts like it's everybody else's fault that there's a problem.

• Like 1

You know what they are saying: Who plays Golf does not have Sex anymore. ^^

LOL! I started playing golf at about 8, now fifty-eight, and a lot of sex in between!

See what I mean? Morons.

I don't wear a glove!

Bare back?

Edited by joboss

Oh Wow ..........I really hope they dont take away all the stray unfed, unkept, diseased muts from around my Soi---or any of the 100 other Soi's I have lived in around BKK-- Pattaya etc over the 15 years that I have been here

Just dont know what we would do with all the silence every night.