Group asks EC not to endorse Jaruvan

webfact

Group asks EC not to endorse Jaruvan
Piyanut Tumnukasetchai
The Nation

30230922-01_big.gif
Jaruvan

BANGKOK: -- The June 24 Democracy group has submitted a letter to the Election Commission (EC) calling for it to suspend endorsement of Khunying Jaruvan Maintaka's victory as Bangkok senator.

Songchai Vimolbhattranond, caretaker chairman of the group, claimed that Jaruvan won election last Sunday because appointed Senator Paiboon Nititawan took to the Lumpini anti-government rally stage on March 7 and called for people to vote for Jaruvan so she could join forces with other appointed senators to uproot the Thaksin regime.

Songchai also said Khunying Jaruvan was being investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Commission for allegedly seeking a free Thai Airways ticket for a seminar in Europe for her daughter; and for her alleged reimbursement of allowances

for a seminars, although the activity was a merit-making trip to Nan.

The group questioned whether a person with such "flaws" was qualified for the job of senator, and asked the Election Commission to consider its complaint as soon as possible.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-05

• Like 1

Just another episode in the soap opera that is Thai politics.

Show me a politician of any colour that isn't it for what they can get and expect special treatment, freebies etc.

I seem to remember many years ago an MP called for a special allowance to cover the fact they were so important that they received non-stop invites to weddings, functions etc. and had to pay their way out of their own pocket so really the public should be paying for them to go on the piss.

We could ask the same questions of a certain senator married to an active Thaksin funded terrorist.

As a matter of fact, let's do an investigation of all senator's activities (especially their expense accounts)... You won't have a senate after that.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and the wife of a redshirt activist and criminal is qualified - right ?

Why not is mother and father, sister and brothers and the whole village he was born in. Why not anyone in the province he lives. Disqualify them all makes as much sense as your reply

Classic over the top red terrorist supporting reply.

Do you have a poster of Osama above your bed???

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and the wife of a redshirt activist and criminal is qualified - right ?

Why not is mother and father, sister and brothers and the whole village he was born in. Why not anyone in the province he lives. Disqualify them all makes as much sense as your reply

Maybe because she helped him hide which is called harboring a criminal, which is an offence in most countries

• Like 1

Even if she does get disqualified, it's Bangkok.... the next in line will be equally ready to uproot the Thaksin regime.

Nah, that won't work. According to the report on the BKK Election Polls - "No Vote" got the 2nd largest number of votes, so you'd have to go down to #3 in the polls.

coffee1.gif

although I agree with the sentiment I wonder in how far investigations as mentioned are a valid legal reason to not endorse a candidate. I would have thought that it sooner be a reason to not allow a prospective candidate to really stand as candidate?

going on their reasoning here then any red shirt/ptp leaning candidates(or their wives) would also have to be barred because they support the terrorist activities and child killing actitvities of the reds plus all of thaksins corrupt endeavours, after all, we have to be even handed in this.blink.png

If any of you are wondering who the 24 June Group for Democracy are, they were founded by Somyot, the former editor of Taksin and Red Power magazines.

All of these 'independent' orginizations seem to have close associations with Thaksin.

Edited by otherstuff1957
  • Like 2

" The group questioned whether a person with such "flaws" was qualified for the job of senator. "

Talk about splitting hairs. With infractions like these, one wonders how they stack up with the following :

- an administration being directed by an un-elected man in Dubai

- an administration that passed a bill that granted amnesty to same un-elected man in Dubai

- ( as well as over 25.000 other people convicted of corruption, just for good measure )

- an administration that administered the most massive programme of graft in the country's history, escalating the debt, destroying the rice industry, and knocking Thailand off top world export status

Still, a seminar in Europe ...

Scamper i am anti government but I always say if they are wrong make them pay. I don't want to do the same the reds do and say because others are bad this one should be let go.

So punish her too and do the same for YL and her minions.

Corrupt is corrupt, its the mentality that needs to go. If we start to say because we like them its ok for them to do wrong things we are no better as them.