CAPO to beef up security ahead of ruling on PM Yingluck's case

webfact

CAPO to beef up security ahead of ruling on PM's case

BANGKOK, 7 April 2014 (NNT) – The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) is preparing to beef up security measures ahead of the Constitutional Court’s verdict on the premier’s involvement in removing Thawin Pliensri as the National Security Council (NSC) chief.

The CAPO said they will adopt a similar strategy deployed during the mass gatherings of both the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) and the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) this past Saturday April 5th. Fortunately, there were no reports of injuries or attacks on that day and rallies were staged peacefully.

Both the PDRC and the UDD announced another major rally on the day the Charter Court rules out on the case regarding the premier's involvement in transferring Thawin Pliensri, who has now been reinstated as the NSC chief.

CAPO officials also said the PDRC has been unwilling to cooperate with the authorities regarding weapon searches. Both groups are reportedly armed, which deeply concerned relevant agencies.

Two soldiers have been shot on Saturday night and initial survey results reveal that the bullets were fired from the Student and People's Network for the Reform for Thailand (STA)’s bunker. Security officers are attempting to search the area to look for more evidence.

Security will also be tightened all around Bangkok during the Songkran Festival, as a large number of tourists and out-of-town visitors will be arriving in the capital to partake in the festivities.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-07 footer_n.gif

Security will also be tightened all around Bangkok during the Songkran Festival, as a large number of tourists and out-of-town visitors will be arriving in the capital to partake in the festivities.

Erm..... Songkran is notorious for people heading away from BKK... I ought to know, it took me 10 hours to get to Korat from BKK last year 2 days before songkran... Normally 3 hours.... all traffic heading north.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What...posted three hours ago and no comments yet? Are we getting bored with all this?

It all becomes a sameness after awhile , very much like being with the same darling for sixty years , only listening to Surapong and he's fellow band of enthusiastic learners is twice as bad.

• Like 1

I don't really call any of this news anymore, when it's always the same thing, with just a few words changed.

The only thing I found interesting, is how small the UDD rally turnout was, both here and in Chiang Mai. You would think that Thaksin would throw more money at them now, that the end game is near for him, but maybe he has given up?

Or maybe people don't want to get their butts shot off, for a lousy 300-500 Baht a day?

Then again, maybe some people are just getting disillusioned, knowing that all this terrorism isn't right and don't want to be part of it anymore?

Either way looks like the Fat (or rather well proportioned) lady will start singing soon. As the old saying goes.

Since I see both sides as corrupt, along with the whole system and way of life in this Nation, I don't really much care anymore. I could just as easy get on a plane and fly off into the sunset, after spending 14 years (sometimes interesting, often boring) of my life here. wai2.gif

• Like 2

Erm..... Songkran is notorious for people heading away from BKK... I ought to know, it took me 10 hours to get to Korat from BKK last year 2 days before songkran... Normally 3 hours.... all traffic heading north.

On there way to really celebrate it here in Chiang Mai.