Good venue in Chiang Mai to watch the Football World Cup

AlanM

the last two world cups,have not never been shown in thailand,if any one has heard who will be showing it if they are going to show it would be interested in knowing,true, cth,channel seven thai local.

Watched them all on Planet Chiang Mai; don't know where you were !

dont no which planet you were on,but no world cup matches were shown on tele in chiang mai last world cup,it was to do with a contractual dispute between true and thai free tv,so they did not show any games at all.
Your both incorrect. RS had the world cup broadcast rights for Thailand same as this year and it is still in court.
dont no who RS is but not interested in going to court, want to watch on my box.propaly be sorted out by next world cup,that will have given them 12 years to show the biggest event in world football in thailand.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"dont no who RS is but not interested in going to court, want to watch on my box.propaly be sorted out by next world cup,that will have given them 12 years to show the biggest event in world football in thailand."

Google "RS World cup Thailand" and learn something.

It shall be interesting to see what some of these venues will do when RS is found to be the legally sole distributor of the WC in Thailand. The last WC to show it in ANY venue there was a 10,000 baht PER screen fee for the licenses. Coca Cola and Singha Beer were sponsors for RS and if you bought, I thank the number was 12 cases of either they would give you you a license for one tv. Guess who the collection agents are ? Your friendly BiB and they did not miss a venue in town.whistling.gif

Court ruling ends free World Cup broadcasts in Thailand

By Coconuts BangkokApril 3, 2014 / 10:56 ICT

worldcup.jpg?itok=U1s7BrE9

A final ruling from the Central Administrative Court has reaffirmed that broadcast regulators cannot compel the 2014 FIFA World Cup be shown on free television.

The court ruled in favor of RS International Broadcasting and Sport Management who complained it had purchased the rights to televise the event before the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Center issued a rule that the World Cup be made available for free.

The commission's rule mandated that top sporting events must be made available for free for all viewers nationwide, including all of the World Cup's matches. The court didn't overturn that rule, but said it could not apply to a deal already struck before it went into effect.

The commission will appeal the ruling, according to chairman Col. Natee Sukonrat, as all previous World Cups have been available for free and changing the system would now require viewers in Thailand to purchase the service for the first time ever, NNT reported.

Related:

Court: No free World Cup matches on TV

It shall be interesting to see what some of these venues will do when RS is found to be the legally sole distributor of the WC in Thailand. The last WC to show it in ANY venue there was a 10,000 baht PER screen fee for the licenses. Coca Cola and Singha Beer were sponsors for RS and if you bought, I thank the number was 12 cases of either they would give you you a license for one tv. Guess who the collection agents are ? Your friendly BiB and they did not miss a venue in town.whistling.gif

Ordering a few cases of Coke or Singha is hardly a big inconvenience for most bars, they are staples anyway. Did anyone actually get busted last time? Oh, wait, we didn't get the World Cup last time, it was all a dream.

I think plenty of bars won't bother. Some games are at 11pm, but with most much later it is hardly worth staying open. Any that turn up will already be well tanked up and want to sit there for two hours with one small beer. As always, these big events are over-hyped and people's expectations business-wise are usually inflated. There is enough business for a few of the bigger venues but not much for smaller places.

Ordering a few cases of Coke or Singha is hardly a big inconvenience for most bars, they are staples anyway. Did anyone actually get busted last time? Oh, wait, we didn't get the World Cup last time, it was all a dream.

I think plenty of bars won't bother. Some games are at 11pm, but with most much later it is hardly worth staying open. Any that turn up will already be well tanked up and want to sit there for two hours with one small beer. As always, these big events are over-hyped and people's expectations business-wise are usually inflated. There is enough business for a few of the bigger venues but not much for smaller places.

Tend to agree on this except quite a few of the smaller bars are on a shoe string budget and just don't have that 10 k plus to lay out. Because of the time difference and customer attitudes ( bottle of water) I know of venues that have said no way.

Tend to agree on this except quite a few of the smaller bars are on a shoe string budget and just don't have that 10 k plus to lay out. Because of the time difference and customer attitudes ( bottle of water) I know of venues that have said no way.

I went to CM Saloon 2 for a late game last World Cup and was not overly surprised at how many customers showed a total disregard for the bar owner and his staff by either sitting there with an empty glass in front of them for most of the game or better still, bringing in their large Chang, that they probably bought in 7-11. He might have been busy, but he wasn't selling much. The owner spent most of the night catching the free-loaders and embarrassing them into ordering a beer. Who wants to be doing that at 4am?

I went to CM Saloon 2 for a late game last World Cup and was not overly surprised at how many customers showed a total disregard for the bar owner and his staff by either sitting there with an empty glass in front of them for most of the game or better still, bringing in their large Chang, that they probably bought in 7-11. He might have been busy, but he wasn't selling much. The owner spent most of the night catching the free-loaders and embarrassing them into ordering a beer. Who wants to be doing that at 4am?

A few of the better noodle stalls about will be showing the wc for their customers as last time and the bibs will not bother. The cheap charlie can fell at home.

A few of the better noodle stalls about will be showing the wc for their customers as last time and the bibs will not bother. The cheap charlie can fell at home.

For late night Champions league games I used to go to Kheuy Chaing Mai, which was on SriPoom rd , next to the reggae bar. Both have now gone, but Kheuy was a fun place. It was a 24hr restaurant that had big screens and TVs everywhere. They were probably at their busiest at 3am when all the night clubs and Karaokes closed so many of the customers where people who worked at these places. Plenty of beautiful young ladies amongst them. You could hardly find a spare seat and the place was big. Does anyone know of anywhere similar around that part of town?

^ Why's that?

From reading this thread it looks like slim pickings, but I guess you think not.

Could you list which places are definitely showing it.

I seriously doubt that any list of venues can be put together until a few days before kick off, Reason, Case is still ongoing for RS and they are not selling their decoder boxes yet. No guaranty of any web sit streaming of WC.

Ah I see. It's still not as bad as the USA one, with games in the middle of the day. That was horrible. For some reason it feels weird watching sports in the middle of the day.

As for places that show it, it all comes together in the days before it kicks off. It may be a Farang trait to want to plan this one months ahead of time.

Ah I see. It's still not as bad as the USA one, with games in the middle of the day. That was horrible. For some reason it feels weird watching sports in the middle of the day.

As for places that show it, it all comes together in the days before it kicks off. It may be a Farang trait to want to plan this one months ahead of time.

More like 2 months before kick off.

I shall be enduring the misery of following England at home with my On-Demand UK TV service the following day. At least my beer will be a winner asit will be German.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

There are a lot of people hoping so. just like the previous WC with 'guaranteed' English commentary and we all know how that panned out.

There are a lot of people hoping so. just like the previous WC with 'guaranteed' English commentary and we all know how that panned out.

Repeat for EuroCup 2016. GMM Grammy has that baby..

For the last WC In Chiang Mai the Loi Kroh Boxing stadium bars were all given free stickers to allow showing the WC

as they were designated as the entertainment area... everyone else had to buy them for 10K.

The rest of the street missed out on the freebies AND a few (not all) got fined heavily by the MIB for illegally showing the games.

all at the moat end of Loi Kroh. That was during the prelim games...no cops in sight during the final (no surprise there)

nearly every bar in chiang mai will be getting tv,s in bars.so anywhere you go you will find a bar with the world cup on

many game start at 2am or later, that's when the MIB are trolling.
Just like the music police scam, this should be nothing to do with the police. Edited by Chiengmaijoe

nearly every bar in chiang mai will be getting tv,s in bars.so anywhere you go you will find a bar with the world cup on

many game start at 2am or later, that's when the MIB are trolling.
Just like the music police scam, this should be nothing to do with the police.

But it does as the BiBs are RS collection agents.

For the last WC In Chiang Mai the Loi Kroh Boxing stadium bars were all given free stickers to allow showing the WC

as they were designated as the entertainment area... everyone else had to buy them for 10K.

The rest of the street missed out on the freebies AND a few (not all) got fined heavily by the MIB for illegally showing the games.

all at the moat end of Loi Kroh. That was during the prelim games...no cops in sight during the final (no surprise there)

They were not free they had to buy 12 case of Chang Beer or Coca Cola and the same this year.

^ Ok, but if you can't shift 12 cases of Chang Beer in short order then a bar should probably rethink being open at all. ;)

I wouldn't imagine there's a Farang bar owner in Chiang Mai who wouldn't drink that himself in a month.

• Like 1