How to get over a relationship?

Sashasri

OP, how did you get over your last relationship?

Do a bit of memory recall, and follow the same steps.

IMHO, if you haven't had a previous relationship, you may not be qualified to have a relationship with a Thai................wink.png

Only half joking about the above line.....................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why wasnt he with her on her birthday morning?

Because she told me not to come to her place. It was a red flag so I thought I'd go round her house early the next day to catch her out. My instincts were correct. I know I have to finish with her now. I would like to know how you guys handle the fallout.

This has got to be a troll thread, but what the heck. So you caught her doing the nasty with someone else, yet you still want to stay with her? In your OP, you said "So I've been in a relationship with a Thai lady and she decides to end it but I don't want to."

Man, you are seriously low on the self-esteem. Why would you want to stay with someone who clearly doesn't want to be with you?

• Like 1

why wasnt he with her on her birthday morning?

Because she told me not to come to her place. It was a red flag so I thought I'd go round her house early the next day to catch her out. My instincts were correct. I know I have to finish with her now. I would like to know how you guys handle the fallout.

This has got to be a troll thread, but what the heck. So you caught her doing the nasty with someone else, yet you still want to stay with her? In your OP, you said "So I've been in a relationship with a Thai lady and she decides to end it but I don't want to."

Man, you are seriously low on the self-esteem. Why would you want to stay with someone who clearly doesn't want to be with you?

Sounds like he paid in advance and didn't get the delivery?

If it was her birthday, it isnt unreasonable to believe he bought her things, and then got rewarded with the other dude

its a huge slap in the face,

there had to be planning going in to a birthday, if a relationship.

this may be more than we want to hear, OP are you really sure you want this to continue?

Edited by Scarpolo

the comments by some posters are just just plain stupid and disgusting.we are still talking about girls/ woman and not a piece of meat at the market.just transfer some blood in the upper regions and behave like a real gentleman.sure we are in Thailand and i am not prude but i have respect to the opposite sex!

Yes your correct, I was one of those posters, allow me to correct the correct my remarks in my post

OP, I outlined a 4 week plan for you, which stated:

Go get a soapie

Soi Cowboy

Soi Nana

Weekend in Pattaya

I realise now I made a mistake in giving you this advice, and wish to make the following correction

During the 4 week program and the steps I indicated, when arriving at the locations always ensure you have an adequate supply of red roses to hand, wear a clean shirt, decent trousers and polished shoes, dependent on your age the little blue pill is optional..

"Crazy Chef".....is this better.. ?

• Like 1

expecting sensitive and empathatic responses on thaivisa forum, is like throwing a peice of meat to a pack of hungry dogs and expecting civility.

I get that according to your standards, comparing your fellow posters to a pack of angry dogs is very civil.blink.png

Please get real... It is what it iscoffee1.gif

Sashari, one famous latinamerican writer said once : " el corazon humano es igual que una casa de putas, esta lleno de puertas, entra una y sale otra" what is translated as: "human heart is like a brothel, is full of doors and when one woman goes out another woman comes in".

I did "get real", thanks very much, and thats why the comment.

Btw...the keyword was "hungry", not "angry". Slightly different slant really.

ok, my mistake.

Btw, long time ago, at the end of a long, significant relationship, i was behaving exactly as you suggest to the OP.

I was avoiding women like a pest for nearly 2 years.. Jeez, i was wrong ..!

It's a bit like you fall down from a horse.. Better get up again quickly, without thinking too much.

Of course, just IMHO :)

ok, my mistake.

Btw, long time ago, at the end of a long, significant relationship, i was behaving exactly as you suggest to the OP.

It's a bit like you fall down from a horse.. Better get up again quickly, without thinking too much.

Of course, just IMHO smile.png

Thats why i mentioned to the OP that maybe my suggestion (as it is coming from a woman), might not be the best for a man.

Relationships breakups, even if for the better, are usually still painful to heal from.

Good luck OP

• Like 1

ok, my mistake.

Of course, just IMHO smile.png

Thats why i mentioned to the OP that maybe my suggestion (as it is coming from a woman), might not be the best for a man.

Relationships breakups, even if for the better, are usually still painful to heal from.

Good luck OP

If her new BF was a stud she might take some time to heal also.

P.S. Larababy - keep the meat for yourself - you sound iron deficient (in many senses).

This is what OP said:

"We were together for five years until I found a guy in her bed the morning after her birthday"

So they (OP and gf) had a birthday thing the night before, and the next morning he finds her with another guy in bed.

Now she wants to end it.

Was the guy a Thai? Maybe he boyfriend or husband?

I guess OP just feels screwed with and wants to know how to deal with that feeling.

My advice: break up with her, move on, go outside, to a bar or whatever and see that there are plenty of other women

and that the odds are in your favor of finding a new and better one.

By this I mean: he has more luck to find an attractive one with whom he clicks here than in the West.

Whatever you do OP, finish with this one, you can find a new one.

• Like 1

OP take a break, see lots of other people (I don't mean sex workers, but doesn't harm - just don't 'date' them), do not get involved in another 'relationship' for a good few months at least.

Your 'I don't want to end it' reaction to catching your long term partner in bed with another man after being asked to not go to her house really means you have some large self-esteem issues to solve, and you'll be far, far happier once you get to the root of them. You'll also attract a nicer type of partner.

If possible, a change of scenery could also do you some good, perhaps something with focus such as a Muay Thai camp or a temple retreat.

Do you live in Thailand or just vacation?

What is the age difference between your ex and yourself?

Many contributing factors to take into account.

Plenty of advice, go out drink with friends and find yourself a lady that appreciates idolizes you.

Or just shag ya brains out for the week, things will eventually get better.

Reminds me of that old country & western song.

"I can't get over you until you get out from under him"

or one of my favourites - "I keep on missing you honey, but my aim is getting better"

• Like 1