Changing tastes!

Cheers beer ... blue label , cans & bottles ... taste is better than leo ...

I wish I could get BeerLao locally, but, yeah, Cheers is not bad. A plus is the bottles are 640 ml. That extra 10 ml really hits the spot sometimes!

• Like 2

drink Singha Beer and consider of shutting up

Stopped with Singha as they have abolished the 630ml bottles and now marketing the 500ml bottles at almost the very same price as 630ml bottles. This is an price increase of around 27-28%

Here in Thailand tried many beers. The only one that fits me is Chang. Nothing to do with price.

Ever since I visited Cambodia my preference would have been Angkor.

Pity it's not available here. Really fell in love with it.

In another country in my previous life I loved Grolsch and Kronenbourg. Almost forgot the taste now.

• Like 2

If you need a change of beer scenery, check out www.wishbeer.com. They have over 200 reasonably priced beers in stock and deliver anywhere in Thailand.

Good site. You might also want to check www.brewbkk.com.

My favorite is Bitburger, but I think Singha is not too bad either.

None of the Thai brews can be referred to in any way, shape or form as beer. The real stuff comes from one place only. The UK. Try Banks's Beer in the flavour of Rev. James or failing that have a drop of Abbot Ale.

In this country I am sadly reduced to Singha Beer as the most palatable.

• Like 1

In Bangkok and even Pattaya you are spoiled for choice if you don't mind paying more. I haven't been to Chiang Mai lately, but I would imagine it is a similar situation with many different kinds of beer available.

I really like the Belgian Abbey dark beers such as Westmalle Dubbel and Rocheforte 10 or Mared Sous 10, Tripel Karmelite is another great one tho not dark, but just as heavy and complex as a dark beer. Chimay is more widely available, same style and nationality, but not quite as good and just as expensive. The Belgians are complex beers that are very heavy, very strong (8-12% alcohol) and expensive but amazing. Not really good beer for sitting outside in the heat and drinking but in a nice air conditioned place or during the cooler season.

A good alternative is Fuller's ESB or Fuller's London Porter which I have seen at Tops in the basement of Central Shopping Pattaya, they are both lower in alcohol and cheaper than the Belgians but still higher quality and and better value than your usual mass production largers. Villa carries a great value dark German beer called Weihenstaphaner Korbinan, also strong at 8+%, but great chocolate, coffee and cherries taste to it. Some of the bars in Bangkok are now selling beers by an excellent American brewery called Rogue, Nut Brown Ale and Chocolate Stout are fantastic beers, but expensive. Also the Londoner on Sukhumvit Soi 33 in Bangkok makes its own bitter which I personally think is great, but most English people who seem to know about bitters don't seem to rate it very well. Can't beat it at 100 baht a pint between 4-7 pm and all night on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Here in Thailand tried many beers. The only one that fits me is Chang. Nothing to do with price.

Ever since I visited Cambodia my preference would have been Angkor.

Pity it's not available here. Really fell in love with it.

In another country in my previous life I loved Grolsch and Kronenbourg. Almost forgot the taste now.

Could not agree more on the Chang and Angkor, Angkor has to be one of the worlds best lagers, I also fell in love with it in Cambodia and miss it big time!

• Like 1

Go in the opposite direction. Belgian White beers - lovely

Not sure where to get them where the OP is though

I 'm in Europe now and drink Hoegaarden white after a very long time in Thailand without drinking beer. Hoegaarden is a real heaven and 30-40 baht a bottle. I refuse to drink any Thai beer because it gives free headaches.

• Like 1

None of the Thai brews can be referred to in any way, shape or form as beer. The real stuff comes from one place only. The UK. Try Banks's Beer in the flavour of Rev. James or failing that have a drop of Abbot Ale.

In this country I am sadly reduced to Singha Beer as the most palatable.

Correct not real beer - 'Mick Jagger' (lager)

Angkor beer is what I call a real 'dust busting' drop. Great for washing away the dust after a day in the ruins.

For me Chang over ice (sorry) does the same job in Thailand especially at this time of year.

I found/find Beer Lao over rated. I think it's appeal is more in it's exoticness. "Hey man, I've been to Laos" type of thing.

Cheers beer ... blue label , cans & bottles ... taste is better than leo ...

I have changed to Cheers recently especially 500ml cans. Not a bad taste and only 42baht at the local mini-Big C. Soft aluminium cans are easy to dispose of compared to stacking the Leo bottles under the house and waiting for the bottle collector to make his rare visits.

• Like 1

My daughter drinks magners.

Just not my taste.Bit sweet for me.

Yeh! Where can I get cider in Buriram?

I think both Paddys Bar and the Swan Bar sell Magners.

Nookies Delights (google it) outside of Nang Rong sells Thatchers Cider.