Yamaha Tricity

ttakata

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pity Yamaha didn't introduce the Majesty this year. I don't mind 2 wheels and the new Majesty would be a step up from the PCX150.

I know it's not a majesty or a t-max so not up to yamaha finest standards but the forza is exceptional value at 159k and surprisingly a good bike

I would suggest anyone looking at big scooters to test one of these first before spending double or more on something a lil cooler but that's just me......

Some people will still pay 300k+ for a vespa and that's fine too I suppose if cash if not a factor....

I only rode about an hour yesterday from Lat Pla Kao down to Rama 9. I can't assess it's ability to split lanes yet but I can say the suspension is impressive. With 2 wheels up front; bump shock is greatly reduced. I purposely hit some recessed manhole covers and the bumps were soaked up whereas a regular scooter would send a massive shock up through the bars. I no longer have to avoid those annoying raised glass/plastic lane reflectors, the rear wheel soaks them up nicely.

The seat is too soft and a height compromise, rubbish. I weigh 90kg and was sinking into the seat too much, but refoaming a seat is cheap. I am 175cm and on the bike the seat feels low but it has to be to get both feet planted on the ground. If I raise the seat I lose some ability to maneuver the bike when walking it. I did some quick u turns where I had to walk the bike and it was pretty much like walking a big bike.

50% more weight was definitely noticed so I am still not confident weaving fast like before but you can still steer the bike just by pressing one of your feet down.

The bike is definitely slow, like a 110cc scooter speed. This could never sell in America but I still took off faster than all cars at lights so for me its no big deal.

Will post pics soon.

I only rode about an hour yesterday from Lat Pla Kao down to Rama 9. I can't assess it's ability to split lanes yet but I can say the suspension is impressive. With 2 wheels up front; bump shock is greatly reduced. I purposely hit some recessed manhole covers and the bumps were soaked up whereas a regular scooter would send a massive shock up through the bars. I no longer have to avoid those annoying raised glass/plastic lane reflectors, the rear wheel soaks them up nicely.

The seat is too soft and a height compromise, rubbish. I weigh 90kg and was sinking into the seat too much, but refoaming a seat is cheap. I am 175cm and on the bike the seat feels low but it has to be to get both feet planted on the ground. If I raise the seat I lose some ability to maneuver the bike when walking it. I did some quick u turns where I had to walk the bike and it was pretty much like walking a big bike.

50% more weight was definitely noticed so I am still not confident weaving fast like before but you can still steer the bike just by pressing one of your feet down.

The bike is definitely slow, like a 110cc scooter speed. This could never sell in America but I still took off faster than all cars at lights so for me its no big deal.

Will post pics soon.

I don't think the bike was slow. Going up a steep hill with the TG on the back, I thought it could use a little more power, but around town it had more than enough power, nothing like a 110cc.

There are five or six on the sidewalk/pavement outside the dealer on Rama 4. Then this morning one passed me in traffic on Rama 4 it was weaving from inside to outside lane and didn't seem to be suffering from any lack of power.

OK, power is relative and I don't want to discourage others from buying this bike.

I'm just saying it's much slower than the YNE, but is still fine for Bangkok.

I plan to ride down to Hua Hin soon so will see how it does on more open roads in a few weeks.

I rebodied my YNE to stock and here is a comparison.

The Tricity is shorter in overall length so I hope that helps me maneuver better through stopped traffic.

2014-04-26162842.jpg

I also spent 15 hours learning how the bike is put together by adding Ninja250 mirrors, and 7 additional LED lights for braking, turns, and a blue underglow.

The stock mirrors are very good but wide; with these narrower mirrors I think lane splitting will be fine.

I can actually position them narrower than the body but then I don't see much behind me.

Yamaha should have put fairing mirrors on in the original design; the further away mirrors are gives better viewing angles.

2014-04-28162516.jpg

2014-04-28162402.jpg

I got a XL size Bilmola helmet and it fits the Tricity but not the YNE.

Both of these bike could have had more storage space under the seat, not sure why they don't bother maximizing under seat storage on all these bikes.

Rather than overload the thread with tons of photos, you can see more pics here.

http://s749.photobucket.com/user/ttakata73/slideshow/Yamaha%20Tricity

The Tricity does have a large gas tank as I remember. That takes up space. The gas gauge barely budged with a day of riding. It will be interesting to see the fuel economy.

The storage on the Tricity and YNE are about the same. The PCX is much bigger.

OK, power is relative and I don't want to discourage others from buying this bike.

I'm just saying it's much slower than the YNE, but is still fine for Bangkok.

I plan to ride down to Hua Hin soon so will see how it does on more open roads in a few weeks.

I rebodied my YNE to stock and here is a comparison.

The Tricity is shorter in overall length so I hope that helps me maneuver better through stopped traffic.

2014-04-26162842.jpg

I also spent 15 hours learning how the bike is put together by adding Ninja250 mirrors, and 7 additional LED lights for braking, turns, and a blue underglow.

The stock mirrors are very good but wide; with these narrower mirrors I think lane splitting will be fine.

I can actually position them narrower than the body but then I don't see much behind me.

Yamaha should have put fairing mirrors on in the original design; the further away mirrors are gives better viewing angles.

2014-04-28162516.jpg

2014-04-28162402.jpg

I got a XL size Bilmola helmet and it fits the Tricity but not the YNE.

Both of these bike could have had more storage space under the seat, not sure why they don't bother maximizing under seat storage on all these bikes.

Rather than overload the thread with tons of photos, you can see more pics here.

http://s749.photobucket.com/user/ttakata73/slideshow/Yamaha%20Tricity

the reason storage under the seat is limited is if they made that compartment bigger ,they would likely have to make the fuel tank smaller

or the area between your legs and the handlebars etc so its a compromise

6.6 litres on a 125cc bike isnt bad actually even though this ones a bit heavier than your average 125cc

thx for the pics btw ,it looks like a well engineered vehicle

Gas tanks and batteries can go under the feet. Just look up a Honda Zoomer or Ruckus gastank.

New Vespa Primavera has the battery under the floorboard now too.

This bike has lots of wasted space under the floorboard, in the front fairing, and on the sides of the storage bin.

They could have easily added some small front pockets and maybe 10-20 liters more storage under the seat if they moved some things around.

There is room for a slightly bigger gastank too but bigger tanks cost more.

No big deal, can't complain much since the bike is inexpensive.

This one is awesome and can stand by itself, if the Tricity could...

although it looks good, that looks more like a three wheeled ATV though.

Wide for city IMO.

But nice to see Peugeot i still doing bikes.

although it looks good, that looks more like a three wheeled ATV though.

Wide for city IMO.

If the track, distance between front wheels, is over a certain amount in some countries it is considered a three wheeler and can be ridden on a car licence!

But nice to see Peugeot i still doing bikes.

J Costa has variators for about 10 models whistling.gif

"Peugeot currently concentrates on 14 different scooter models with engines which range from 50 to 500cc.[3] These are: GL10, GT10, TSA, TLX, XP, SX5, SX8, BB P107, TYPE 55"

http://www.peugeot.com/en/products-services/scooters#bloc-145

Larger models us Piaggio engines

They still make the old moped. "Peugeot’s perennial benchmark"

PeugeotVogue.jpg

Do not understand why some people keep bringing up piaggio or other brands.

While the concept is the same Yamaha is 4 times cheaper .

If you want bike stands by itself then pay triple , but for safer riding Yamaha has done great

If you want bike stands by itself then pay triple , but for safer riding Yamaha has done great

I am just having difficulties on understanding a three wheeled bike that cannot stay upright!

I am just having difficulties on understanding a three wheeled bike that cannot stay upright!

I agree...perhaps the board member who owns one can stand to the side and see how far over it goes. Maybe repeat with the front end at full lock?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You do not need to understand. If it does not suit your needs of being able to stand on it's own, simply go buy one that can for 300 000 plus

Dealer near me is quoting 79,500 still, any colour. Will be taking one for a test ride tomorrow as they have a small intro afternoon planned. Looking forward too it! Personally I love the idea and quite honestly couldn't give two flicks of a buffalos tail what others think. Things depreciate, that's life. I'm not one to buy things in anticipation of selling them a year later. I plan to get decent use out of it if I choose to go for one. Will report back after the ride tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Dealer near me is quoting 79,500 still, any colour. Will be taking one for a test ride tomorrow as they have a small intro afternoon planned. Looking forward too it! Personally I love the idea and quite honestly couldn't give two flicks of a buffalos tail what others think. Things depreciate, that's life. I'm not one to buy things in anticipation of selling them a year later. I plan to get decent use out of it if I choose to go for one. Will report back after the ride tomorrow...

Where is that dealer near you? ie where are you? as the price is good.

All the talk is 80 000 baht, but in Pattaya its 82500, plus plus plus and endS up being around 86K

Where is that dealer near you? ie where are you? as the price is good.

All the talk is 80 000 baht, but in Pattaya its 82500, plus plus plus and endS up being around 86K

I'm in Samut Prakan, about 35 minutes from Udom Suk BTS. Close to ABAC Bang Na. Will keep it a secret just now incase you go and buy my bike! Haha.

Before travelling around looking for the lowest price you have to figure in the time and expense of the travelling! The further you are from the factory the more they will cost! Yamaha is on Bang Na near ABAC. Yamaha delivery guys could almost push the bike to the dealer!

You do not need to understand. If it does not suit your needs of being able to stand on it's own, simply go buy one that can for 300 000 plus
I am not asking you so why did you take it personal i dont understand!

Do you feel like world is turning around you sometime too?:lol:

And I am not in a market for a stupid tri cycles so i spent my 300 k thb on something else, a proper bike.

Your life is yours my friend and my life is mine and i question things in my life. Dont come and tell me i dont need to understand, it is not you to judge that.

Do you feel like world is turning around you sometime too?laugh.png

And I am not in a market for a stupid tri cycles so i spent my 300 k thb on something else, a proper bike.

Your life is yours my friend and my life is mine and i question things in my life. Dont come and tell me i dont need to understand, it is not you to judge that.

I did not take it personal

Its an observation of people wining and complaining for no reason at all.

You not in the market for stupid tri cycles, so why are you on tri cycle thread??

You will spend your 300K on proper bike? i seriously doubt it, but why do not you go to a thread which discusses proper bikes?

You not in the market for stupid tri cycles, so why are you on tri cycle thread??

You will spend your 300K on proper bike? i seriously doubt it, but why do not you go to a thread which discusses proper bikes?

Well if you check the CBR650F tread then you can read about II2's impressions about this bike as he was among the first in Thailand to get one.

I think many bikers are interested in new bikes and especeially this new Tricity because it's so different, even if they know they don't want one, I know that I don't want a Tricity myself but like to read about it anyway and keep me informed and even comment on it sometimes.

That is one of the reasons you have a forum, you can discuss the item/problem (in this case the Tricity), some want it so much that they buy one (nothing wrong with that) and some don't want one for whatever reason they might have (nothing wrong with that too).

Well if you check the CBR650F tread then you can read about II2's impressions about this bike as he was among the first in Thailand to get one.

I think many bikers are interested in new bikes and especeially this new Tricity because it's so different, even if they know they don't want one, I know that I don't want a Tricity myself but like to read about it anyway and keep me informed and even comment on it sometimes.

That is one of the reasons you have a forum, you can discuss the item/problem (in this case the Tricity), some want it so much that they buy one (nothing wrong with that) and some don't want one for whatever reason they might have (nothing wrong with that too).

I also see you being very active in Forza thread, only to then keep on posting you very happy with pcx.

Are you guys really that bored?

Tri city is Yamaha entry bike to 3 wheelers which offers 3 wheels at a very cheap price in comparison to other makers.

If it was the same specs as other makers it would also cost the same, no doubt any dummy can understand that.. do not you agree?

It is 1/4 the price of other ones which can stand, go faster, have better lights etc etc etc.

Do tell me the point in discussing what this bike should or should not do when not only you do not have one nor interested in getting one? would the point be boredom? because for the life of me i do not see any other reason, as i REALLY do not see Yamaha reading your expert opinions, adding all the extra features for the same price.

Do you feel like world is turning around you sometime too?laugh.png

You will spend your 300K on proper bike? i seriously doubt it, but why do not you go to a thread which discusses proper bikes?[/quote

No reason at all? So you define what is reasonable and what is not, aye?

Again you sound like world is turning around you.

I think i am reasoning a very valid point. If what they say here is true, It is a three wheeled scooter that cannot stay upright!

I thought this bike is a good idea especially for old, pregnant or disabled people but as long as it cant stay upright it is not super beneficial for them anymore.

But what i feel this does not make any sense for you bc you also sound like someone came to this world as an ignorant sheep that will never be questioning things and departing as a sheep.

And wtfay telling me where to stay and where not? Maybe i am here to criticise the bike now? And assuming things about me and my bike?

C'mon man. Dont be funny and have a life.

^

> I thought this bike is a good idea especially for old, pregnant or disabled people but as long as it cant stay upright it is not super beneficial for them anymore

Yep ll2, and with this assumption you were wrong. The Tricity is no bike for disabled people. This is why it is not designed to stay upright.

No reason at all? So you define what is reasonable and what is not, aye?

Again you sound like world is turning around you.

I think i am reasoning a very valid point. If what they say here is true, It is a three wheeled scooter that cannot stay upright!

I thought this bike is a good idea especially for old, pregnant or disabled people but as long as it cant stay upright it is not super beneficial for them anymore.

But what i feel this does not make any sense for you bc you also sound like someone came to this world as an ignorant sheep that will never be questioning things and departing as a sheep.

And wtfay telling me where to stay and where not? Maybe i am here to criticise the bike now? And assuming things about me and my bike?

C'mon man. Dont be funny and have a life.

Wining about something you do not want, have no interest in having and do not have is NOT reasonable.

I am not an engineer, but if i used little brain, i would guess for bike to stand upright, it would have to have wider base? perhaps different specs in weight and power

What you feel makes no difference to me, because your opinion makes no difference to me, why? because you do not have one so you can not possibly give any useful information about the bike and ride quality.

Your questioning why it can not stand upright in comparison to other models which are 4 times the price is silly to me, because for the same reason why Vios does not go as fast as Ferrari. Both are cars and both have wheels and engines.

Is it not clear for you, this bike does not have a number of features of other bikes because its 4 time cheaper than the other bikes? Do you really need to ask again and again?

Whats so important in staying upright for the Tricity? Are you guys too lazy to put your feet down at the traffic lights and to use the stand while parking?

BTW if it would stand on its own it would also need a parking brake so it could not start moving on a decline. Imo you should better buy a car if you need such features. I heard people complaining about the Tricity not having a reverse gear. Are you guys kidding?

Archived