Wife asks for money to massage me?

kwaussie

Why would you expect a massage from your wife? Your wife is a partner, not a servant, have respect for each other. There are people more qualified for this and being in Bangkok you know where to find them.

Because he paid for her to learn!

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just superstition, like giving a wallet without money in it. Don't mind it, jut give her a baht for luck. She starts charging 300 an hour then you got a problem.

Oz

Yeah, what you said I reckon.

A similar thing was when I bought a kitchen knife during a short stay and gave it to GF's mum before we left. She insisted on paying for it (20bht) otherwise it was a gift and a gift of a knife brings bad luck. (or means something bad)

Giving someone a knife as a gift is bad woo-woo all over the world. Ask any gypsy. It means you want to cut the relationship. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not - if the recipient thinks that way, then it's true for them. Don't give your mother-in-law a knife if she believes it's bad luck. Give your wife a gift - yes even 10 baht - for a massage if that's what she believes. <deleted>. Just do it and shut up.

It means that you have a wife but not a real relationship. facepalm.gif

Go ahead and pay her but give her a rent bill for living in your home, and dont share your food with her.

Sorry to say but you're wrong.

Most likely she have been told by her instructor to charge everyone for massage.

As it is a profession, she "has" to charge something, but the instructor left out she could do her husband without charge or the instructor assumes she is with him for the money so he just gave her the initiative to charge.

I'm very sure there were no explanation to why, or just a blatant lie from the instructor.

Some people here in Thailand also belive when doing massage on someone, you actually massage out sickness like, cancer, different kind of deceases, skin problems and even liver and kidney problems.

Thus exposing the masseuse to those sicknesses.

Whata ya do in a country like this. I haven't made my wife to stop believing in stupidity, so why expect any farrang to be able to do that.

My wife still believes she can dream about lucky numbers or see numbers on a frog.

Apart from that, she is quite educated and middle class like.

I didnt know frogs gave winning numbers

Oh yes, just ask my wife, if one of the pattern resembles a number, that's what she's using when buying tickets.

A couple of years ago, she saw a frog by the side of the road, she took a napkin and picked it up, looking for numbers, and look and behold, there were a faint pattern of numbers on the belly of the frog, can't recollect which one, and to my utter dismay, that number actually came up the next draw. Coincident, of course, but it didn't help me trying to rationalise things so I'm pissing against the wind trying to get her to leave behind all the superstitions there is here in LOS.

Giving someone a knife as a gift is bad woo-woo all over the world. Ask any gypsy. It means you want to cut the relationship. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not - if the recipient thinks that way, then it's true for them. Don't give your mother-in-law a knife if she believes it's bad luck. Give your wife a gift - yes even 10 baht - for a massage if that's what she believes. <deleted>. Just do it and shut up.

Yes, shut up is always the best way to make thing changing.. of course, explaining is meaningless, not usefull at all ! => Humour inside !

I do believe that talking with people can always make things improve.. at least you need to try before treating them like child, and that's what people who believe in superstition are : childs, not more, not less, but they can grow if they want, it needs a little bit of guts to loose these stupids ideas and start looking by yourself at the world with your own eyes, but hey it's possible, maybe for the next life if you're too lazy, no problem !!

Similar to walking into a Thai Chinese shop. If you are the first customer of the day, they expect you to buy something.

IME that lot expect everyone to buy at all times!

Like the flag, btw. Looks so much brighter without that ball-&-chain-around-the-ankle blue tongue.png

Haven't you seen when your'e the first customer of the day, they take your bill and pat with it everywhere to get good luck for the rest of their merchandise?

Go ahead and pay her but give her a rent bill for living in your home, and dont share your food with her.

Most likely she have been told by her instructor to charge everyone for massage.

As it is a profession, she "has" to charge something, but the instructor left out she could do her husband without charge or the instructor assumes she is with him for the money so he just gave her the initiative to charge.

I'm very sure there were no explanation to why, or just a blatant lie from the instructor.

Some people here in Thailand also belive when doing massage on someone, you actually massage out sickness like, cancer, different kind of deceases, skin problems and even liver and kidney problems.

Whata ya do in a country like this. I haven't made my wife to stop believing in stupidity, so why expect any farrang to be able to do that.

My wife still believes she can dream about lucky numbers or see numbers on a frog.

Oh yes, just ask my wife, if one of the pattern resembles a number, that's what she's using when buying tickets.

A couple of years ago, she saw a frog by the side of the road, she took a napkin and picked it up, looking for numbers, and look and behold, there were a faint pattern of numbers on the belly of the frog, can't recollect which one, and to my utter dismay, that number actually came up the next draw. Coincident, of course, but it didn't help me trying to rationalise things so I'm pissing against the wind trying to get her to leave behind all the superstitions there is here in LOS.

I love your FROG story, I don't know what I would have done in this situation.. probably laughing to death at her looking at the frog^^ or fake the frog talking to tell her news about her future : "YOU WILL DIE ONE DAY ! Why being so stupid by then.. Time is too short !!"

but it is not a big deal.. people can enjoy life has they want, if it's funny like this > even more.

Instead of making accusations over the integrity of the OPs wife, how about we do some reading on upcountry superstitions and customs. It's amazing how many foreigners marry/date Thai women and have zero idea about their beliefs, superstitions and culture in general.

You are right, superstition is not limited to Thais girls... People are stupid everywhere on this world, childish to the bones !! :)

That is also a real paradox, because in catholic religion it is strictly FORBIDEN to believe in or use any supersition trick.. that is AGAINST the knowledge of god indeed... but I don't know any catholic that has not a superstitious mind ^^

Similar to walking into a Thai Chinese shop. If you are the first customer of the day, they expect you to buy something. They use it as a barometer of the days' business. giggle.gif

It's not that they "expect" you to buy something. They "hope" you'll buy something because it's bad luck if you don't. Thus being the first customer of the day gives you a lot of bargaining leverage.

I love your FROG story, I don't know what I would have done in this situation.. probably laughing to death at her looking at the frog^^ or fake the frog talking to tell her news about her future : "YOU WILL DIE ONE DAY ! Why being so stupid by then.. Time is too short !!"

but it is not a big deal.. people can enjoy life has they want, if it's funny like this > even more.

I think I did laughed half to death at the time, but for a frog to talk to her, it's only in when she's dreaming, but it's never about death and such, always about lucky things.

I have given up trying to help her to live without superstition, but I still laugh a lot at times.

Thanks for bringing even more quality immigrates to our country mate. Every shopping center in oz has cheap massages, but im sure when she finds the golden goose (centrelink) she will be like BOO YEAH! Don't forget she can advertise in the adult services for some extra cash..

(Pun intended) coffee1.gif

Thanks for bringing even more quality immigrates to our country mate. Every shopping center in oz has cheap massages, but im sure when she finds the golden goose (centrelink) she will be like BOO YEAH! Don't forget she can advertise in the adult services for some extra cash..

Strange post, how can you classify $60 an hour massage as cheap in every shopping center, and as for finding centrelink this is laughable as every thai i know in Aus is either supported by their partner or have multiple jobs to make as much money as they can, most wouldn't know where centrelink is

My lady is not a bar girl or ever worked in a massage shop

She is very astute and have seen her work 2 jobs 16 hours straight.

In case you didnt know a lot of Thais are lucky to get 1 or 2 days off a month

They work a bloody lot harder than other immigrants than come to Aus

• Like 2

My lady is not a bar girl or ever worked in a massage shop

She is very astute and have seen her work 2 jobs 16 hours straight.

In case you didnt know a lot of Thais are lucky to get 1 or 2 days off a month

They work a bloody lot harder than other immigrants than come to Aus

For sure, but think I would not want Mrs.Trans fooling around with blokes bodies on a daily basis in farangland, even though l am sooooo hansum. Must be something a bit different she can do there.

Sorry, but look at it from my thoughts, if I was a masseur and I had to do my stuff on fab bird, there is noooooooooo way my thoughts would not wonder.

I always have a chuckle reading the 'doom and gloom' reply posts from the unhappy campers here in LoS.

OP, it is a superstition and probably, like many people in Asia I have had the pleasure to know, she takes this nonsense very seriously.

There is no monetary gains intended from you just a superstition that needs accepting and the amount you give her is of no consequence, 20 baht will do as a note is more lucky than a coin.

This trait is practised in many countries, I came across it many times in my years spent in China.

A superstition, nothing more, nothing less!

Why would you expect a massage from your wife? Your wife is a partner, not a servant, have respect for each other. There are people more qualified for this and being in Bangkok you know where to find them.

Massage between man and wife can be a very rewarding and intimate experience, without necessarily ending in sex. Occassionally if my Thai Wife feels a bit tired, or stressed, I like nothing better than to give her a lovely neck and back massage, which she thoroughly appreciates. She will also indulge me when time permits. We are both rank amatures, but both appreciate the indulgence.

Edited by robertson468
  • Like 1

think that's a tad over the top..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I always have a chuckle reading the 'doom and gloom' reply posts from the unhappy campers here in LoS.

OP, it is a superstition and probably, like many people in Asia I have had the pleasure to know, she takes this nonsense very seriously.

There is no monetary gains intended from you just a superstition that needs accepting and the amount you give her is of no consequence, 20 baht will do as a note is more lucky than a coin.

This trait is practised in many countries, I came across it many times in my years spent in China.

A superstition, nothing more, nothing less!

You reckon............It's money, plain and simple, the no.1 force in Thai culture from whoever.

How much did the OP pay for the schooling ? Does this not come into her equation..........whistling.gif Nooooooooo, course not..........rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

if you are paying her for a massage....the reason that this is happening is because you are lacking some common reasoning skills or are blinded by something else.

heard you the first time..

There are not many Thai folk that do anything unless cash is involved, that is the norm, BUT, to ask cash from a husband is a step to far in my opinion.

OP, lucky you don't have to move around in a wheel chair, could be very expensive at your place. facepalm.gif

and he would have to put up with her talking behind his back..

I can actually understand her with this as if she studied this craft she has been taught that she now is a professional and should chargfe for her work and not do it for free.

Many tradesmen are taught the same as if you are say an elecrician and wire all your family and friends houses free you do not have time to make money.

The magic is just a good way of excusing it.

No electrician would charge his wife. A friend is very different. Maybe you have 25 or 50 friends