Thai-born British citizen accused of lese majeste by her own parents

webfact

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A true Thai "patriot" took a video of herself throwing eggs at Rose's house in London. She claimed she'd "slap" Rose if she came out of the house. Apparently Rose has posted on FB that the house is actually her ex-husband's house, not where she lives now though.

84k likes so far:

Also the Thai police have issued an arrest warrrant for Rose and say they are moving forward with the extradition.

This is not British law,and an Extradition order is highly unlikely!

However British Citizen seems to be not as foolproof, and cut and dried as it used to be!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21783475

Being a terrorist overseas seems to be a line that cuts all ties.

Moaning about a foreign royal family doesn't constitute grounds for extradition. They took years to get rid of Abu Hamdza. A Thai for lese majeste. Never going to happen

Abu Hamza was not a British citizen. Rose is a British citizen. So it is never going to happen.

That's precisely what I said.

529562_132056713630776_486428203_n.jpg

Her only two assets that led to her emigrating to the UK.

Hey. Aside from all of it, she has more balls (probably doesn't looking at those pictures), than any of us do, in terms of speaking her mind about royalty than any of us ever will.

She also, has probably lost her chance to ever come back to Thailand. Don't be so glib. She is participating in a discussion that most thais won't even think about.

Her assets go beyond the obvious. But then, maybe she really has balls, if u know what I mean.

529562_132056713630776_486428203_n.jpg

Her only two assets that led to her emigrating to the UK.

Hey. Aside from all of it, she has more balls (probably doesn't looking at those pictures), than any of us do, in terms of speaking her mind about royalty than any of us ever will.

She also, has probably lost her chance to ever come back to Thailand. Don't be so glib. She is participating in a discussion that most thais won't even think about.

Her assets go beyond the obvious. But then, maybe she really has balls, if u know what I mean.

Is she participating in a discussion,or using the situation for self promotion? I think we will be seeing more of these tacky intentional glamour photos! and indeed Rose.

Wish people would stop begging, sorry but its just not going to happen.

Under section 40 of the British Nationality Act 1981, as amended in 2006, the home secretary may make an order depriving a person of citizenship status if they are "satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good". No reasons need be given and no court approval is required.

The Home Office often waited until individuals were outside the UK before depriving them of their citizenship. Challenging the decision from abroad could be difficult, especially if issues of national security were involved.There is a right of appeal.

This is nearly always under the reason of national security and usually applies to Terrorism and suspected terrorists not some remote draconian les majeste law operated in a foreign country that we do not have or recognise in the UK.

Its never going to happen, period.

PS the girl with the eggs for a number of reasons is more likely to get into trouble with the Law in the UK than Rose.

Edited by englishoak

Is she participating in a discussion,or using the situation for self promotion?

Pretty sure the average female Londoner doesnt look for great political insight when choosing their hairdresser, more how good are they at cutting hair.

She has little to gain and so much to loose. I commend her bravery and being able to think outside the brain washed nonsense force fed into Thai school kids.

No comment

Apparently this chap is a Thai-British citizen, "DJ Ken" who works at the Thai Square Restaurant in Putney which is popular with expat Thais. I would guess that painting a Thai flag on someone's door and brandishing a gun (even if replica) is probably worse in the eyes of the UK police than throwing a few eggs like the last woman did.

No comment

Apparently this chap is a Thai-British citizen, "DJ Ken" who works at the Thai Square Restaurant in Putney which is popular with expat Thais. I would guess that painting a Thai flag on someone's door and brandishing a gun (even if replica) is probably worse in the eyes of the UK police than throwing a few eggs like the last woman did.

Definitely from the shallow end of the gene pool. Please let that video go viral.

So Well "DJ ken" who works at the thai square restaurant putney you just gave on camera full evidence of wilful premeditated vandalism and intimidation well done.Even flashing a replica,not that it matters itll still be taken seriously as a possible real firearm anyway.

BTW if you stick a replica gun in someones face to scare them and they believe its real or commit a crime with one pretending its real you will be sentenced the same as if it were a real firearm. UK makes no distinction between real or copy whilst committing a crime when using it to inflict the same response as if it were real. Threaten someone with one and youll have a bang on the door pretty quick if reported,

The firearm penalties here are pretty hash

I hope this idiot has his door kicked in at 3 am with full armed unit response team giving him the full works. If hes reported hes gonna have some explaining to do.

Edited by englishoak

Pity the man of the house or a neighbour didn't catch this half pint in the act and give him a swift punch in the ear. Hope the pair of them are arrested and if not having British citizenship sent packing back to Thailand as they obviously have no regard for the law of the land they now live in.

Why was he listening to Black music and dressed like some wannabe gangsta if he is so Thai? Where was his own culture? Why was he sneaking around like a thief in the night if he was so hard and his cause so just? Some patriot, the little ####.

Most of us are fortunate to have parents that love us, unconditionally. Clearly there was a family breakdown, and the slippery slope flew off the cliff into the abyss.

scenario i have seen before

1. parents have kid

2. kid doesn't make parents as happy as they thought, life still without meaning

3. kid is not dumb, picks up on this

4. kid never has good relationship with parents

5. estranged

6. getting negative emotions from parents better than none

7. parents react

8. they finally meet in court, eventually try to be friends

9 too late

Most of us are fortunate to have parents that love us, unconditionally. Clearly there was a family breakdown, and the slippery slope flew off the cliff into the abyss.

Ridiculous statement, I know many parents who despise ther children, and even more children that despise their parents.

I would say about 70/30 parents loving/despising, and 60/40 children loving/despising.

Maybe I should have apportioned 20% out of each for don't care. (60/20/30 & 50/20/30)

And there's always conditions attached.

If found guilty for disrespect, I hope she go to jail to the limit of the punishment. 5 years for every disrespect. That will be good for her. Thailand do not have such disrespectful people. We all love the king more than our parents. Don't believe me, just ask anything Thai you know.

Hello Suriya, my name is Martin and I am fairly new to Thailand (meaning I do not know Thailand very well)

Can you explain to me why you love the King?

And can you also explain to me why you love the King more than your parents?

Best regards

Martin

If found guilty for disrespect, I hope she go to jail to the limit of the punishment. 5 years for every disrespect. That will be good for her. Thailand do not have such disrespectful people. We all love the king more than our parents. Don't believe me, just ask anything Thai you know.

Hello Suriya, my name is Martin and I am fairly new to Thailand (meaning I do not know Thailand very well)

Best regards

Martin

martin, please don't be shocked, but that's what children learn here from the age of one. TIT - this is thailand

A true Thai "patriot" took a video of herself throwing eggs at Rose's house in London. She claimed she'd "slap" Rose if she came out of the house. Apparently Rose has posted on FB that the house is actually her ex-husband's house, not where she lives now though.

84k likes so far:

Also the Thai police have issued an arrest warrrant for Rose and say they are moving forward with the extradition.

This is not British law,and an Extradition order is highly unlikely!

However British Citizen seems to be not as foolproof, and cut and dried as it used to be!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21783475

Being a terrorist overseas seems to be a line that cuts all ties.

Moaning about a foreign royal family doesn't constitute grounds for extradition. They took years to get rid of Abu Hamdza. A Thai for lese majeste. Never going to happen

I didn't disagree with you!

Pretty sure the average female Londoner doesnt look for great political insight when choosing their hairdresser, more how good are they at cutting hair.

She has little to gain and so much to loose. I commend her bravery and being able to think outside the brain washed nonsense force fed into Thai school kids.

"She has little to gain and so much to loose"

Many a Hollywood career has been carved on much less Publicity than Rose has managed to generate. Watch this space!

"She has little to gain and so much to loose"

Many a Hollywood career has been carved on much less Publicity than Rose has managed to generate. Watch this space!

Addition:........ "Bravery" for what? using a foreign Country for protection,and of which she has also used to sound off,and set herself up as the saviour of Thailand, which she would not have had the "courage to do while resident in her own Country. And her new found Country is there only to be used!

Addition:........ "Bravery" for what? using a foreign Country for protection,and of which she has also used to sound off,and set herself up as the saviour of Thailand, which she would not have had the "courage to do while resident in her own Country. And her new found Country is there only to be used!

Bravery for loosing her family in something she believes. Bravery to forego her ability to go home to Thailand. Bravery to speak out against the absolute nonsense taught to kids in this country.

By all means feel free to join in the "im more Thai than the Thai" type posts on here, Im sure my post will be deleted anyway such is the ridiculousness of this place, but I commend any Thai able to think outside the box and fight the hegemony forced on Thai citizens from birth.

Looked at her facebook page (easily found) shes an activist which can be understood in some circumstances, but I feel like many things in Thailand nothing will change in a hurry. The rich will always be there taking what ever advantage of the poor they can.Same the world over.

So her facebook page is not banned in Thailand? Interesting...

Just went to her Facebook page. Very surprised it isn't banned in Thailand as some of the comments are very derogatory in the extreme. I can't believe how public her profile is - but maybe that's a deliberate strategy by her. It would therefore even be possible to friend her and make comments on her page, which would then quite possibly subject you to some severe punishment - or as I could gather, make comments without friending her. Very dangerous indeed - assuming of course you are in Thailand or have any connections to Thailand.

I also noticed she is not alone. Some of her friends have the same anti-monarchy views as her. And these are mostly Thai or ethnic Thai people.

There is also an anti-Rose facebook page created just last month with her name written in English (as she does on her own facebook page) followed by the Thai e-sat narok, which basically means f**king devil.

Bravery for loosing her family in something she believes. Bravery to forego her ability to go home to Thailand. Bravery to speak out against the absolute nonsense taught to kids in this country.

By all means feel free to join in the "im more Thai than the Thai" type posts on here, Im sure my post will be deleted anyway such is the ridiculousness of this place, but I commend any Thai able to think outside the box and fight the hegemony forced on Thai citizens from birth.

I don't see it as thinking outside the box, but rather as thinking inside a different box.

Spewing Western imported rhetoric is fine, but seriously doubt most so-called pro-democracy voices are all that different

from what they claim to be against. Sounds more like supporting a side and wanting to win at all costs.

Not too clear about the relationship within the family, so hard to say if she "lost" them or not. Also was not aware that she

was planning on returning to Thailand anytime soon. The way I read a lot of these so-called "brave" people, it is more to

do with wanting to feel special, play the hero sort of thing. Not necessarily a personal commitment to bettering the country.

That said, those two dimwits on the clips (Mrs. Eggs and Mr. Spray) are much worse, in my opinion. Seemingly they do

not quite realize where they live and what democracy is all about.

Everyone is missing the point here . No one and I mean no one should take the law into their own hands. If she committed a crime under Thai law then the courts not neighbors of the parents should act out.

No Thai citizen has the right to retaliate on a family because then are angry at that person. I dont agree with the LM laws but I also do not agree that others are upset so they are making the life of the parents miserable . Thais must grow up and be adult about this

Sure. Although if the adults in this case her parents feel threatened, then maybe it would be time for them to consider leaving Thailand permanently and moving to the UK? Easier said than done of course given how difficult it is for Thais to get any sort of visa for the UK, but eventually they might get asylum. In the meantime, a quick trip down to Singapore or Vietnam, for which no visa is required might save themselves for now.

The UK will not deport her, shes a british citizen and there are thousands who are in the same boat who if returned to their own country would be imprisoned and wanted for laws broken in their own country that the UK does not recognise or have. We never ever send them back and it is against the European laws on human rights that the UK co founded to do so.

As long as this girl never sets foot in Thailand or a country that recognises the les majeste law she will be fine. She is safe and sound in the UK, period.

She would be pretty dumb to even consider coming to Thailand including transiting to another destination, even 10 years from now, assuming that by then Thailand hasn't changed and the LM laws are still on the books. If she expresses such hatred for various Thai institutions then she really has absolutely no reason to ever consider returning to Thailand, even on holidays. She could probably visit most of Thailand's neighbors, but only if she flew directly from the UK, or in the absence of direct flights, transits via another country. Of course she would have to make sure that those neighboring countries don't hold the same laws as Thailand. Laos, despite being culturally, linguistically and socially closest to Thailand is politically quite different and given the elimination of the Monarchy there back in 1975 via rather extreme measures would probably take her in. Cambodia on the other hand, with their own Monarchy might not - but then again what matters here is whether another country would hand her over to the Thais, despite her not having broken any laws in that country - that is even if that country has their own LM laws but how would they apply, only to their own Royal Family or also to foreign Royals?

Best regards

Martin

Thais are law abiding citizen.