Tattooed body found off Phuket beach, believed to be foreigner

webfact

Tattooed body found off Phuket beach, believed to be foreigner
Phuket Gazette

1_201442111589281_tvbcCXMjWpkEjjlvhdgmDz
A tattoo was found on the inside of the man’s right forearm. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- Police are trying to establish the identity of a body, believed to be of a foreign man, found floating off Pansea Beach this morning.

The gruesome discovery was made by Santisuk Patkhim, a beach guard at the upscale Amanpuri Resort.

Mr Santisuk secured the body then called Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers to help bring it to shore.

“So far our hotel has not received a report of any missing guests,” Mr Santisuk told the Phuket Gazette.

The body has two tattoos that might help identify who the man was, explained Lt Col Rassada Kluengwong of the Cherng Talay Police.

“A tattoo on the back of the left hand looks like a letter. Another tattoo on the inner right forearm pictures a sword through a heart,” he told the Gazette.

The body was taken to Thalang Hospital for examination.

“We will check hotels in the area to see if they have any guests who have disappeared recently,” Col Rasasda said.

Any persons who believe they have information that might help identify the body are urged to call Lt Thanapop Rattanaburi at 083-0124999 or the Cherng Talay Police Station at 076-325630.

— Thawit Bilabdullar

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Tattooed-body-found-off-Phuket-beach-believed/29196#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-21

“We will check hotels in the area to see if they have any guests who have disappeared recently,” Col Rasasda said.

Not too many people have such tattoos. They should also think about Russians and other nationalities.

​Maybe they dumped him there, a common practice...

Not too many people have such tattoos. They should also think about Russians and other nationalities.

RIP to the man, what ever brought this about.

" A common practice" ? - daily ?-- weekly ?? -- Monthly ??? . I hardly think so.

...and I believe that the Thai police already know that "Russians and other nationalities"are foreigners.

“A tattoo on the back of the left hand looks like a letter."

Um, what letter does it look like?

That was my first question also. But sometimes the police will hold back on sharing everything they know in order to validate people who come forward claiming to know the victim (i.e., they will ask them what other identifying features, such as other tattoos, the person might have).

Gee. A tattoo? That is unique. No gaijin in Thailand has tattoo, so should be easy. Never see them. Not one nasty tattoo have I seen.

Ahem... it's not that he has a tattoo, but what the tattoo is a picture of. You have realised that all tattoos are not the same, right? I would recognise the tattoos of my closest friends. (An especially good lady friend of mine in the past had a tattoo of a dolphin that I was quite fond of due to its strategic location whistling.gif ).

We will check hotels in the area to see if they have any guests who have disappeared recently, Col Rasasda said.

Yes, i'm sure they're looking at russians and other nationalities.

The tattoo on the man`s forearm is not a sword piercing a heart, but appears to be a black templars teutonic knight symbol, mostly pertaining to Germany and there is a high probability that the deceased is German or possibly from Austria. These symbols are especially prominent among the more nationalistic Germans, I have come across these symbols many times in the past on my travels.

I have asked my son to contact Lt Thanapop Rattanaburi.

Below is an example of a black templars teutonic knight symbol:

post-110219-0-98510800-1398113439_thumb.

The forearm is loaded with clues, and it appears the man was not in the water too long before his body was found.

But considering that the man`s family maybe viewing this thread and rather than have my post deleted, I will wait until if and when an official police report is released.

My sympathy goes out to the family and hoping for a satisfactory conclusion to this case soon.

The tattoo on the man`s forearm is not a sword piercing a heart, but appears to be a black templars teutonic knight symbol, mostly pertaining to Germany and there is a high probability that the deceased is German or possibly from Austria. These symbols are especially prominent among the more nationalistic Germans, I have come across these symbols many times in the past on my travels.

I have asked my son to contact Lt Thanapop Rattanaburi.

Below is an example of a black templars teutonic knight symbol:

Erm ... No.

No resemblance at all.

• 3 weeks later...