I just had 'Ai Farang' shouted at me.

Som wat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ai Hia would be a major insult in Thai. Hia being a monitor lizard.

I know that one. That is a major insult.

My girlfriend always told me it was a nickname, she used to call me like that even in public.

was it due to your tongue perhaps?

I once read that monitor lixards have the largest penis in comparison with their bodysize from all living mammals coffee1.gif

Thais love me. I don't know how so many people cop abuse??

Maybe your an atm?

Maybe I'm just not a <deleted>??

I'm not too sure how riding into a gas station, pulling up at an available pump, then getting off your bike would constitute being a <deleted>.

Perhaps you can fill us in? :)

My girlfriend always told me it was a nickname, she used to call me like that even in public.

I once read that monitor lixards have the largest penis in comparison with their bodysize from all living mammals coffee1.gif

So a monitor is a mammal? rolleyes.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My experience suggests Thais reserve derision for fat, beer gutted, drunken, foreign slobs.

Really?

From what I've observed they reserve it for people they are jealous of (resent), feel inferior to, those they can treat without repercusion, those they view as lower than them socially.

You probably haven't been here very long.

WRONG !

Been here a very long time , married to a Thai and speak Thai!

And your claim to fame is ?

Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps you are wrong eh.......wink.png

Is this biology class coffee1.gif

• Like 1

You see where ignorance of the language can get you in trouble....perhaps you missed the real meaning...whether it was bad, good, or.....just a teenage bravado insult to impress friends.

Spend 18 years in the philippines and listen to the abuse they hurl (if you ever learn the language)...

It is mostly a jealousy/bravado attempt to impress other filipinos. It will harden you up for Thailand.

If insults have been thrown at me here...I have not noticed them just yet...which is like a sigh of relief.

Is this biology class coffee1.gif

It better be. Why else would we be discussing lizard penises? coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Ai Hia would be a major insult in Thai. Hia being a monitor lizard.

I know that one. That is a major insult.

A lizard is not a mammal.... Where do you do your reading?

I'm sure some of the "I don't eat no sh*t" TV ex marine types will soon be on telling you you should have gone all Segal on them and you're awimp etc

Your comment speaks more to those that condone such behavior by passing it off as nothing happened. What, no self respect or afraid?

Maturity and being an emotionally and psychologically sound adult without any underlying anger or emotional issue?

I've seen enough of the "I never take any crap from the Thais" fools learn the hard way while trying to show how tough they are. They never last more than a year....ever...

They tend to be those utter failures (see your fat bald too many tattoos in, best friends of every big wig - usually to be found in some grotty low end Pattaya bar) whose only positive in life is pretending they can dominate the Thais to any poor bugger in earshot......

Edited by HeavyDrinker

My experience suggests Thais reserve derision for fat, beer gutted, drunken, foreign slobs.

Really?

From what I've observed they reserve it for people they are jealous of (resent), feel inferior to, those they can treat without repercusion, those they view as lower than them socially.

wow so a farang can feel superior now eh. I can bet every tv member that had that said to them will go oh it's number 1 they are jealous of me.

You see where ignorance of the language can get you in trouble....perhaps you missed the real meaning...whether it was bad, good, or.....just a teenage bravado insult to impress friends.

Spend 18 years in the philippines and listen to the abuse they hurl (if you ever learn the language)...

It is mostly a jealousy/bravado attempt to impress other filipinos. It will harden you up for Thailand.

If insults have been thrown at me here...I have not noticed them just yet...which is like a sigh of relief.

philippino insults are puta inna mo.

Sounds very similar to the mexican puto or culo.

Yup. That's mainly what it is.

I'm a fully fluent reader/writer btw, passed my Por 6 a good few years ago.

Underlying the jealousy/bravado is a serious under current of xenophobic hatred within many locals. Usually those with less than us in every respect.

Wow some intelligent people here tonight !

A little story which may amuse

My wife and I were enjoying our meal when we we rudely interrupted by a slob farang who was intent upon making crude comment to my wife.

Recognising the slob was drunk we chose to ignore him . He persisted. We paid our bill and left.

The slob followed us yelling obscenities. My wife had a word with a group of motorcy taxi guys .

The slob spent four days in hospital and weeks on crutchs !

I visited the slob and told him he was lucky to be alive !

Tough ?

• Like 1

Been here a very long time , married to a Thai and speak Thai!

Wow! You must know everything. Being an expat in Thailand is very impressive.

drunk.jpg

He's not wearing a wife beater or drinking Chang so he's probably a UK native

He's drinking Hardys - more likely an Aussie.

Really?

wow so a farang can feel superior now eh. I can bet every tv member that had that said to them will go oh it's number 1 they are jealous of me.

Actually when I mentioned it to a friend they said that it's probably becuase you have a better bike than them.

True, but I don't hate people with better things than me.

But I am happy and content in my life with no underlying inferiority complex or ego issues to deal with.

The funiest is when they race me (on in their mind of course) and celebrate and gloat in front of me. :cheesy: I'm the emotional issues needed for people to do that! :D

Wow some intelligent people here tonight !

A little story which may amuse

My wife and I were enjoying our meal when we we rudely interrupted by a slob farang who was intent upon making crude comment to my wife.

Recognising the slob was drunk we chose to ignore him . He persisted. We paid our bill and left.

The slob followed us yelling obscenities. My wife had a word with a group of motorcy taxi guys .

The slob spent four days in hospital and weeks on crutchs !

I visited the slob and told him he was lucky to be alive !

Tough ?

No, you sound like a hurt little sissy. :(

I had Ai Farang' shouted loudly.at me once recently ... I also was on a bike.

Was a small Rural village ... so I presume they had little English.

I slowed the bike, looked around and he kept gesturing to me ... well, my general direction anyway and then increased speed and rode off ... sort of unsure what had happened.

Got home, after driving some distance, parked the bike, swang the leg over (oh ... wouldn't that be nice ... it's been a while ... whistling.gif ) ...

Then my arm brushed up against my shorts pocket ... my car keys were 3/4 hanging out and, I presume had been when I rode past the Thai man who shouted loudly 'Ai Farang' .... I just wished I listened to him.

Hey you! or Farang! ... if the Thai person doesn't speak English (or very little) and they don't know your name ... what else is there to be called?

I'm comfortable with both those terms, depending on the context.

He likely just shouted 'Hey Farang'. :)

I doubt he called 'Piece of sht farang' at you. :D

Teenagers where I grew up used to shout much worse at people.

The same where I came from, in fact someone of a different race often got beaten up too for no reason.

The OP makes me laugh - fluent Thai speaker and all he can reply is "bpaak wan". Poor specimen of a troll.

• Like 1

much better don't understand any word of thai if you want live peacefully in the land

haha.

Perhaps, as they say ignorance is bliss.

Personally I'm glad I put the years in to become fully fluent.

Besides the mind numbing boring daily interations, you get to hear what they really think of farang. It isn't pretty, there's so much hatred there, all done with smiles of course. biggrin.png

Edited by Som wat

Actually that wasn't a reply.

Still stalking me around the forum after you were caught out twice, eh. sad.png

Still another night, another way to add to your 10,000 posts. smile.png

Caught out? No idea what you're on about.

Why are you obsessed about my number of posts?