48 hour rule for multiple entry O visa

I just read this on the Liverpool Thai Consulate page:

"A multiple entry visa is valid for 12 months conditional on leaving Thailand for 48 hours every 90 days."

Anyone had that enforced? I have been doing day trips to Singapore from Samui, not even staying overnight; no problems for 3 years, however several of the 'O' visa rules seem to have been comprehensively amended recently.

Edited by graham66

No such rule, you can even leave Thailand for 4.8 minutes.

Stamp out of Thailand, arrival/depart at the adjoining other county's immigration then come straight back in and get another 90 day Thai stamp, if you have a valid Multiple Entry, Non Immigrant O/B/ED/M (plus various other categories) Visa.

No joke and what would Liverpool answer to my record border run time at Mae Sai / Tachilek that stands at 13 min, e.g. stamp out Thailand, walk over the bridge, pay the Myanmar visa fee, stamp in and out Myanmar, walk back the bridge and stamp in LOS?

Cambodian immigration officials will usually apply a 300 baht 'fine' for not staying in the country for 24 hours.

I accept that is somewhat different to a Thai rule about staying out for 48 hours - which could only be imposed by Thai immigration officials.

I accept that is somewhat different to a Thai rule about staying out for 48 hours - which could only be imposed by Thai immigration officials.

Would a rule like this not also require a stamp with the current time also when you leave from Thailand?

• Like 1

Would a rule like this not also require a stamp with the current time also when you leave from Thailand?

i guess it would only take the day stamp for them to decide...

If there would be such rule...

No joke and what would Liverpool answer to my record border run time at Mae Sai / Tachilek that stands at 13 min, e.g. stamp out Thailand, walk over the bridge, pay the Myanmar visa fee, stamp in and out Myanmar, walk back the bridge and stamp in LOS?

Wot! No stopping at the Duty Free?? biggrin.png

Just for discussions sake,could you just go to no mans land and come back.Stamped out of Thailand but not into another country,then stamped back into Thailand.Just wondering.

Thai immigration checks for entry and departure stamps for the other country at border crossings. Which means it is not possible to do it..

Just for discussions sake,could you just go to no mans land and come back.Stamped out of Thailand but not into another country,then stamped back into Thailand.Just wondering.

No!

Entry + Exit stamps from the other country are required before Thai immigration will permit entry.

No!

Entry + Exit stamps from the other country are required before Thai immigration will permit entry.

Not so fast ... the UK does not stamp my passport on arrival nor departure, and whilst it's hardly possible to get there & back within 48 hours there might be other countries with the same attitude. For the purposes of this exercise I suppose the UK could rightly be described as 'no man's land' nowadays smile.png

No!

Not so fast ... the UK does not stamp my passport on arrival nor departure, and whilst it's hardly possible to get there & back within 48 hours there might be other countries with the same attitude. For the purposes of this exercise I suppose the UK could rightly be described as 'no man's land' nowadays smile.png

The discussion was about land borders and "no man land" NOT what happens at airports!

No!

Not so fast ... the UK does not stamp my passport on arrival nor departure, and whilst it's hardly possible to get there & back within 48 hours there might be other countries with the same attitude. For the purposes of this exercise I suppose the UK could rightly be described as 'no man's land' nowadays xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

The discussion was about land borders and "no man land" NOT what happens at airports!

Well, as I started the discussion and made specific reference to flying to / from Singapore, I think it's open to interpretation and I am happy to see land, air and sea borders discussed. If you want to limit this to land borders maybe you could start your own discussion.

• Like 1

" If you want to limit this to land borders maybe you could start your own discussion. "

They weren't replying to anything you posted.

An answer was given to a specific question. That's how these things often work.

Well, as I started the discussion and made specific reference to flying to / from Singapore, I think it's open to interpretation and I am happy to see land, air and sea borders discussed. If you want to limit this to land borders maybe you could start your own discussion.

I have difficulty understanding your complaint. You started this discussion with with what you say you copied from the website of the Thai consulate in Liverpool, without giving a link:

"A multiple entry visa is valid for 12 months conditional on leaving Thailand for 48 hours every 90 days."

Anyone had that enforced?...

The quoted text makes no reference to the type of entry into Thailand, whether by land, sea or air, and therefore this topic is definitely open to discussion of all types of entry. You and others mentioned that they entered by air. One member asked about entry by land and he was given information about that type of entry.

• 2 months later...

I have difficulty understanding your complaint. You started this discussion with with what you say you copied from the website of the Thai consulate in Liverpool, without giving a link:

The quoted text makes no reference to the type of entry into Thailand, whether by land, sea or air, and therefore this topic is definitely open to discussion of all types of entry. You and others mentioned that they entered by air. One member asked about entry by land and he was given information about that type of entry.

http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/visas.htm

http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/visas.htm

The Honorary Consulates are generally small businesses run by non Thai people.

A lot of Consulates also have strange rules, just because it's on a website, doesn't mean it is correct.

The website linked to is wrong, there is no 48 hour limit between Non immigrant 'O' entries.