Bid to remove anti-lese majeste 'trash' will likely backfire

webfact

He is a PDRC supporter who wants his own private army. He can afford to arm his troops because he owns one of the biggest hospitals in Bangkok.

I hope he turns his weapons onto the group that has taken action to stop the Royal Decree from being completed by stopping the election.

He's nothing to do with suthep. His madness is furled by a very darker form of fanaticism and psychosis.

Although not directly linked to Suthep, he has been emboldened by Suthep's untouchable status. He also represents the for profit "medical" community who have a vested interest in destroying the limited public health care programs. The PDRC has attracted all sorts of people and united them as an umbrella organization. PDRC supporters run the gamut from people with legitimate positions and concerns to questionable people such as this major general. Sound familiar? It's a characteristic shared with the UDD.

You're possibly right, but this guy gives me the creeps. Calling people trash suggests a very dangerous personality, one which would quite happily eliminate the "trash" and feel no guilt.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is a PDRC supporter who wants his own private army. He can afford to arm his troops because he owns one of the biggest hospitals in Bangkok.

I hope he turns his weapons onto the group that has taken action to stop the Royal Decree from being completed by stopping the election.

He's nothing to do with suthep. His madness is furled by a very darker form of fanaticism and psychosis.

Although not directly linked to Suthep, he has been emboldened by Suthep's untouchable status. He also represents the for profit "medical" community who have a vested interest in destroying the limited public health care programs. The PDRC has attracted all sorts of people and united them as an umbrella organization. PDRC supporters run the gamut from people with legitimate positions and concerns to questionable people such as this major general. Sound familiar? It's a characteristic shared with the UDD.

You're possibly right, but this guy gives me the creeps. Calling people trash suggests a very dangerous personality, one which would quite happily eliminate the "trash" and feel no guilt.

Another example is to call UDD members, terrorists, same reasoning

Edited by fab4

"To Rienthong and his supporters, those who criticise or offend the monarchy are no longer regarded as humans, but as trash."

As I said yesterday, dangerous right wing lunatic. Nationalism at its darkest and most poisonous form.

When Yingluck or Suthep supporters cross the line, people are always outraged when these leaders don't denounce the actions of the supporters. What happens in this case then? I will stop here, because I can start hearing the ice crack beneath my feet - it's thinner than I originally thought.

All this is is an technology assisted extension of the pointless bowing and scraping ceremonies so beloved of any Thai of status to show how "Thai" they are, if you will. He's basically trying to show how 'Thai' he is and if other Thais don't fit into his template then they're 'scum'....

• Like 1

@fab4

You said:

Another example is to call UDD members, terrorists, same reasoning

Me:

Not really. If someone commits an act of terror then they are a terrorist. (I'm no fan of the UDD and some of their more violent actions but I wouldn't call them terrorists as such).

This fanatic condemns people for thinking differently and dehumanises them to justify his desire to be rid of them and their thinking. He is in very different league from all those involved in the current protests. His longing for the "old days" allows him to justify deeds that would rightly be called evil. .

Luckily I don't think he has much support.

Edited by Bluespunk

What a sad little pathetic group led by a sad little pathetic man, witch hunts are always led by the worst kind of people in the world

He's probably so used to having people crawling on their knees around him all day that he now thinks he can dictate how other people think and act

"To Rienthong and his supporters, those who criticise or offend the monarchy are no longer regarded as humans, but as trash."

As I said yesterday, dangerous right wing lunatic. Nationalism at its darkest and most poisonous form.

Where is Oliver Cromwell when you need him?

Excuse me? Would you care to explain that comment please

If you need that explaining, you need to go back to school.

• Like 1

How can you say that he is nothing to do with Suthep when he has been on several of the stages giving speeches.

He owns the hospital where the largest PCAD banner was displayed. Do a google search of his name in English and then in Thai. You will see.

From the OP: "Attempts to eliminate all forms of criticism against the Thai monarchy remind me of medieval Europe's religious Inquisition, of McCarthyism in America, of the Cultural Revolution in China, of the Kim dynasty in North Korea.

Is Thailand heading in this direction?"

In short: Yes because that is what a certain Person's Committee for Absolute Dictatorship wants. There is time for Thailand to take a better course than that being offered by Suthep and his cronies. I hope people see sense and take the course that leads to a mature, representative and accountable democratic system of government. There are thriving constitutional monarchies in other democratic countries. There is no reason why Thailand should not be one of them.

• Like 1

Where I come from they took the crown prince's driving license because he went over the speedlimit. Now they are discussing to cut back on the allowance the Royals get because, as some politicians say, they are of no use anyway.

Can you imagine what would happen if someone in this country would even loud-up thinking about such a thing

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

Dr Rienthong Nanna, the leader of a new ultra-royalist vigilante group. The group that Rienthong, a retired major general, founded on Facebook is aptly named in Thai, "Organisation for the Removal of Trash of the Land".

How about you tackle a much more real and important issue by taking your supporters and picking up trash that litters Bangkok and the country side. But you got to lead by example: bend over and get your hands dirty, you retired armchair General Dr (Goebbels???).

Now you can really call yourself whatever your name is, see above

• Like 1

What a sad little pathetic group led by a sad little pathetic man, witch hunts are always led by the worst kind of people in the world

He's probably so used to having people crawling on their knees around him all day that he now thinks he can dictate how other people think and act

Which is exactly what Human Rights Watch called it a couple of days ago. You'd think this country would have had enough on it's plate what with it's rep on human trafficking, the notorious wildlife trade et al.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If this guy goes on with his ideas the next consequent step will be: all those who refuse to sign my manifesto have to register at the nearest police station within 24 hours or else...

He should have read Mickey Mouse comics instead of "Mein Kampf."

I think that he will soon grow a small moustach !

definitions of trash can vary from person to person ...many would say the same about him?

He would be better off putting his effort into removing trash...like plastic bags, dog poo, old cars/furniture etc from Thailand.

If you need that explaining, you need to go back to school.

You're a Cromwell fan as well? Support mass murderers much do you?

An old forgotten song, once sung by Zero Mostel in the US witch-hunt days of the late '40s:

Who's going to investigate

The guy who investigates

The guy who investigates

Me?...

(and then...)

Who's going to investigate

The guy who investigates

The guy who investigates

Him?

it just underlines how backward and ridiculous Thais are ,stuck in another era ,pitiful fools for all to see

There are many people in this world who are right-wing extremists; it's not confined to Thailand.

• Like 2