Immigration Overstay Issue, help!

Hi, read a lot about long overstay(mine is about 7 months) My mum just died, so have to fly home quick, however my passport has been damaged so I will have an Emergency Passport, I went to British Embassy, with flight details, she said they may detain me at Airport, I have read many posts of people paying the fine and leaving.... She then tells me to go to immigration , pay fine and they will take me to the airport and deport me, just found out tho, that my airline (china southern air) doesn't accept deportees :/ she then send me e mail, says she spoke to immigration and they said if i have flight booked I can risk it and go to airport, but no guarantee ................ any advice welcome from those with similar experience, Many Thanks :)

You can just go to the airport and pay the 20K baht fine at immigration on departure.

Is your last entry/permit to stay stamp legible in your damaged passport? Do you have the TM6 departure you got on entry.. If yes this will make it easier.

Just be sure you allow some extra time to get it taken care of.

it doesn't sound like you have many options.... if your damaged passport still shows your last entry into thailand and or the departure slip, then there should be little problem if you present yourself at immigration at the airport with a booked exit flight.

Presumably they would need to look in the computerized immigration entries for your passport number/details if you dont have any proof of entry..

Be polite and have some sort of excuse for overstay , it helps....its their job so they will be more matter of fact than you the offender... pay up, be contrite and bon voyage...

good luck

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if I'm the only guy here who's doing visa runs.

There should really be an overstay forum. facepalm.gif

Aren't you a teacher Mr Sirchai? When I was a teacher, I had a work permit and did not have to do visa runs. I don't think we need an overstay forum as all the overstayers get the same answer. Maybe something pinned about overstaying would be useful.

see if you can change to malaysian airlines incase they do deport you in which you wont be able to come back in but if you have a ticket already tey will let you fly home straight away. my friend did the same as you on emergency passport an got locked up for 3 days until could get a flight on malaysian airlines and he was booked on thai

see if you can change to malaysian airlines incase they do deport you in which you wont be able to come back in but if you have a ticket already tey will let you fly home straight away. my friend did the same as you on emergency passport an got locked up for 3 days until could get a flight on malaysian airlines and he was booked on thai

The OP will have no problem at the airport.

I am sure there is more to the story about your friends deportation. He must of been caught with the overstay prior to getting to the airport.

I really dont understand how people manage to overstay unless they are just `trying`the system. Im sure lots of TV members will enlighten me as to how it happens and that it is through no fault of the perpetrator. But when gets down to the nitty gritty of it, the law (even if we may not agree with it) is still the law. This is Thailand and as "guests" in this country we should not dictate as to how they should run their country.

Dont get me wrong, I too get a bit pissed off when I see things happening in this country that I feel are not right. Immigration will possibly always be a bone of contention to a lot of people and in a lot of ways I agree that work needs to be done to the current system. It can be difficult for some to stay in Thailand legally due to various reasons, however blatantly breaking the laws/rules doesnt really help anyone in regards get those rules changed. Methinks is probably has a reverse effect, in that it will only become more difficult to stay in the kingdom.

Ive heard the saying that the government only wants foreign money, not the foreign people. But Im sure the average Thai business owner would want both..... but thats possibly another discussion.

OP, I hope you manage to get out of the country with least hassle, but how about a little planning and preparation in order to avoid getting into this predicament to start with; or at least try not to repeat the occurrence. I dont think a week goes by on Thai Visa where we dont see a post about someone overstaying. Im sure some Thai official will eventually be shown this site (Or someone trying to get political brownie points) and then watch the fun and games that result..... I dont think it would be nice to get caught up in that fall out.

Ok..... I said my piece

Edited by CMKiwi
  • Like 1