Panthongtae ridicules Abhisit on social media

Lite Beer

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt take a smart man to begin his fortune selling drugs. it doesnt take a smart man to raise the prices on his drugs by killing all his competition. it dpesnt take a smart man to LIE to millions to get their votes. it doesnt take a smart man to be in thaksins shoes. it takes a greedy, selfish one.

Wow. So now the haters are reduced to accusing people of being drug dealers. Classy.

Well as usual you are out to lunch. Because you don't like some one it doe's not mean you hate them.

You talk about your social position and the people you went to school with and you don't know a simple fact like that.

Maybe your parents should ask for there money back. I was not raised in a love or hate way of looking at people and it was never suggested in my schools. Both public and mostly private.

What you had to say about Thaksin's kid is probably true. I have heard nothing negative about him outside of the political arena. Also I have heard nothing good about him in every day life. Just another rich kid contributing nothing to society. Probably has a title in a company his father owns. Much like his aunt had. When she left the job to become a useless politician they didn't bother to fill the position being as it was just a title with no responsibilities.

For all we know he has been a hell raiser but it was all covered up because of who his father was.

You can look at my childhood and not see much there. But my grandfather was the Assistant Attorney General for the state for 22 years and there was stuff you will never see.

• Like 1

There you go, again, dropping in hints of your plutocratic status. Limousine liberal. If the UDDers ever do take over this country, the one good thing about it would be that you and your ilk would be among the first to feel their wrath and suffer the consequences for your smarmy sanctimony. Even if you have all your goodies safely stored abroad, these cultural revolutionaries might close the doors before you can get out, before your "senior positions" occupying buddies can even help out.

cheesy.gif Limousine liberal? I take the bus between Hua Hin and BKK. It's 305 baht and quite comfortable. That makes me pragmatic. BTW, I am conservative on most issues. As you are an American, you probably think my centrist position on social issues is commie. A plutocrat? Unfortunately, you have misused the pejorative term. I suggest you look up the term as I am not ignoring social responsibilities/obligations, nor do I support the wealthy segments of Thailand's population in their pursuit of self pleasure, and the amassing of wealth no matter the cost to society. As an aside, I respect Winston Churchill and he was forever railing against plutocrats. (Read his biography. He was a great man despite his personal flaws, and one I admire.)

I work and yes due to my family circumstancesand education, I am higher on the Thai social hierarchy than many of the angry, bitter western immigrants to Thailand. There are many westerners who occupy a higher position to me. I don't grumble over it because that's life. I went to school with people like Oak and grew up with people like that Red Bull heir. Sometimes the kids are scum and downright evil .If some of the stories of the antics of these rich kids were published on a regular basis, people would be up in arms and organizing a lynch mob. However, in this case, Oak has not done anything wrong, He has not mowed down anyone in his car, he hasn't operated bars that burn down behind the veil of shell companies and a patsy, and nor has he owned and profited from brothels/massage shops. He is no worse and no better than Thais of his generation. You have never met him have you? If you had, you would know that he is polite, soft spoken and genuine. Outside of the political arena, no one has anything negative to say about him. However, you and the other angry group of malicious and jealous old folks go on about your hate. You will still be doing your visa runs and waiting for your social security payments while people of his generation go about their business oblivious to you and the hate.

OOOOhhhhhhh please GK. I would be shy to type something like this for the general public to read. Making out your above most persons--we call these SNOBS not gentlemen who are usually respected. You are high on the Thai social hierarchy -- and you take a bus 300 baht from Hua Hin to BKKcheesy.gif

We in the UK. would say FOYOI full of your own importance.coffee1.gif

You conveniently neglected the part, where I wrote "there are many westerners who occupy a higher position to me. I don't grumble over it because that's life". If you don't understand that there is a rigid social hierarchy in Thailand then that's your problem. The social hierarchy is the reason why people like Abhisit can be parachuted into an appointed MP position when in his mid 20's without real life work experience and it is why a man like Suthep has been untouchable until now. It is why the chickens in the pecking order get agitated when the pecking order is disrupted. Thaksin represents ascent through hard work, while the oligarchy represents retention of privileged position through birthright. In Europe there were revolutions to do away with that, and in Thailand there are groups like the UDD who push for societal change.

BTW, this is Thailand, not the UK. Thai rules apply not UK rules.. Get it through your head that Thailand has different social customs.

Edited by geriatrickid

I think both you and I can think of quite a few influential Thais who have been caught doing something much worse than cheating, yet were subsequently cleared of all charges. Does that mean they were all innocent and that those pressing charges were just lying? :-D

Fair comment. However, within the context of this thread, the repeated comment is made that cheating occurred. "proof" is offered. Yet, when the alternative "proof" is offered that the cheating allegation was dismissed, meaning that the allegation does not hold, there is an obstinate refusal to acknowledge that in the absence of actual evidence and a ruling that cheating occurred, there must be a presumption of innocence. Let's look at your logic and apply it to a situation many foreigners encounter in Thailand, particularly those in Pattaya and Phuket. Many foreigners are accused of being sex tourists, but when there is no evidence given to support the allegation, does that mean that all foreigners must be deemed to be sex tourists because some are? Many bar girls come from Isaan. Does that mean that everyone who marries a girl from Isaan married a bargirl?

I'm not sure whether its g'kid or fab4 who is the winner of the glorious title of 'person who has met / knows was at more meetings with / witnessed more events & dialogue in Thailand'.

Cute, but another maliciously inaccurate comment.

If one is in Thailand and is gainfully employed in one of the sectors where interaction with the locals is common, it should be expected that there will be interaction. There a large number of foreigners such as the development managers, or managing directors who interact on a regular basis with key members of Thai society. The diplomatic and trade representatives do this on a near daily basis. The managers, researchers and executives of multiple foreign entities do this regularly. My interactive events are a fraction of theirs. The fact that they do not post on TVF does not mean that such interactions do not occur.

Is this too logical for you to grasp? Need an example? When GM was working on its expansion last year, its personnel were practically joined at the hip to the trade and commerce ministry personnel, and spent a considerable amount of time out in the field with their dealers and key suppliers some of whom are the bigwigs of Thai industry. It happens. The fact that many tvfers interaction with Thais is restricted to bargirls or shop attendants at 7-11 and Tesco doesn't mean that other foreigners don't have interactions at a higher level of importance. You are using your life as a reference point. Not everyone is retired and living on a pension.

There you go, again, dropping in hints of your plutocratic status. Limousine liberal. If the UDDers ever do take over this country, the one good thing about it would be that you and your ilk would be among the first to feel their wrath and suffer the consequences for your smarmy sanctimony. Even if you have all your goodies safely stored abroad, these cultural revolutionaries might close the doors before you can get out, before your "senior positions" occupying buddies can even help out.

cheesy.gif Limousine liberal? I take the bus between Hua Hin and BKK. It's 305 baht and quite comfortable. That makes me pragmatic. BTW, I am conservative on most issues. As you are an American, you probably think my centrist position on social issues is commie. A plutocrat? Unfortunately, you have misused the pejorative term. I suggest you look up the term as I am not ignoring social responsibilities/obligations, nor do I support the wealthy segments of Thailand's population in their pursuit of self pleasure, and the amassing of wealth no matter the cost to society. As an aside, I respect Winston Churchill and he was forever railing against plutocrats. (Read his biography. He was a great man despite his personal flaws, and one I admire.)

I work and yes due to my family circumstancesand education, I am higher on the Thai social hierarchy than many of the angry, bitter western immigrants to Thailand. There are many westerners who occupy a higher position to me. I don't grumble over it because that's life. I went to school with people like Oak and grew up with people like that Red Bull heir. Sometimes the kids are scum and downright evil .If some of the stories of the antics of these rich kids were published on a regular basis, people would be up in arms and organizing a lynch mob. However, in this case, Oak has not done anything wrong, He has not mowed down anyone in his car, he hasn't operated bars that burn down behind the veil of shell companies and a patsy, and nor has he owned and profited from brothels/massage shops. He is no worse and no better than Thais of his generation. You have never met him have you? If you had, you would know that he is polite, soft spoken and genuine. Outside of the political arena, no one has anything negative to say about him. However, you and the other angry group of malicious and jealous old folks go on about your hate. You will still be doing your visa runs and waiting for your social security payments while people of his generation go about their business oblivious to you and the hate.

OOOOhhhhhhh please GK. I would be shy to type something like this for the general public to read. Making out your above most persons--we call these SNOBS not gentlemen who are usually respected. You are high on the Thai social hierarchy -- and you take a bus 300 baht from Hua Hin to BKKcheesy.gif

You conveniently neglected the part, where I wrote "there are many westerners who occupy a higher position to me. I don't grumble over it because that's life". If you don't understand that there is a rigid social hierarchy in Thailand then that's your problem. The social hierarchy is the reason why people like Abhisit can be parachuted into an appointed MP position when in his mid 20's without real life work experience and it is why a man like Suthep has been untouchable until now. It is why the chickens in the pecking order get agitated when the pecking order is disrupted. Thaksin represents ascent through hard work, while the oligarchy represents retention of privileged position through birthright. In Europe there were revolutions to do away with that, and in Thailand there are groups like the UDD who push for societal change.

BTW, this is Thailand, not the UK. Thai rules apply not UK rules.. Get it through your head that Thailand has different social customs.

You are quite correct. Thailand and England have different social customs. Unfortunately Thailand accepts crime and corruption a lot more than England.

Not sure if you realize you are saying that Thailand has a Rigid social system that is how Abhist got in. To the best of my knowledge Thaksin came from money and married into it but he did not rate up there in the pecking order so he bought the job.

Some how I think you are confusing social with money.

Thanks GK. Great post. You've absolutely nailed it for me. "I went to school with people like Oak and grew up with people like that Red Bull heir." Exactly. You went to school with the privileged upper knobs. Those of us who learnt to live with the masses, the working class and the lumpen didn't have those privileges. So we learnt about humanity. We learnt about caring for our fellow man. We learnt that suffering and hard work was a part of daily life. We lent a cup of sugar to the neighbour if we had one to spare. You never experienced that world. We also learnt that the rich and powerful, especially the new rich didn't give a monkey's cuss about the working man, the single parent on social security, the dispossessed. I worked at Amnesty International (the International Secretariat) for a few years. There I learnt how dictators, sociopaths and the downright greedy took control of their countries at the expense of their fellow human beings, the working class and so on. Rape, torture, extra judicial killings were nothing to people who could then amass massive fortunes in Swiss banks, while a great many of their population starved. Marcos, Amin, Saddam, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Pinochet and many more ....... and when I rise here in defence of the common man, be he/she Thai or any other nationality, I do so because I have spent my whole life opposing these baskets .... and from my vast, yes VAST, experience in human rights I see Thaksin as no different from those monsters because that is what the evidence points to. I said this when he first came to power and my feelings have been reinforced a million times by his own actions. I wish it were not so for the sake of the Thai people. So my position GK is taken from one of humanity, not ideology. And I believe from the bottom of my heart that there is something terribly wrong with the people who sing Thaksin's praises as I have seen so many times on this forum. Thailand is a country ripe for the kind of exploitation that Thaksin is so good at and if he is allowed to win, the country as a whole will suffer immeasurably.

You need a lesson in reading comprehension. I am specifically discussing Oak and the malicious comments of a lynch mob of angry aged white males who have set upon him like a pack of hyenas. Yes, so I grew up with people like the Singha heir and Oak, and the red Bull heir. In my world the Red Bull heir would have had his ears boxed and the Singha heir told to shut the F up. However, people are all the same when it comes to family. They circle the wagons when there is a problem, . That's what families do. Rich or poor. Appreciably some TVFers are incapable of understanding the concept of family as some of them have abandoned their wives and children in their homelands and have a grudge about their ex. Fine, I get it. In no way am I justifying wrongful behaviour. I didn't do what these people did and none of my childhood friends did either. I live with the "masses", the difference is that when you were working at AI, your pay was due to the generous donation of some of the large private donors who, wait for it, come from the wealthy who you so dislike. I'm one of those common workers who pays taxes to support deadbeats on social assistance and social organizations I don't agree with. I accept it as it is the cost of being able to travel freely and having a safe refuge outside of Thailand. You wish to paint the portrait of the common man in who's defence you toiled. Thing is, the "common man" doesn't care about you and doesn't particularly like have people telling him that he needs to be saved.

You reference torture, rape etc. Yes, that's unfortunate. However, Oak has never engaged in such actions, nor has he ever been accused of such behaviour. So why even raise the issue? My standing up to counter the lies made about a decent person does not equate to a defence of Thaksin, nor is it singing his praises. If you can't understand the fundamental injustice of making false accusations and of ganging up on a person, I shudder to think of how effective you were when you were saving the "common man" from despots. (Btw, do common women and those intergender transformer people come under the common man term, because I don't think that's the way human rights groups refer to them now.)

You are quite correct. Thailand and England have different social customs. Unfortunately Thailand accepts crime and corruption a lot more than England.

Not sure if you realize you are saying that Thailand has a Rigid social system that is how Abhist got in. To the best of my knowledge Thaksin came from money and married into it but he did not rate up there in the pecking order so he bought the job.

Abhisit's father had served the military junta and had carved out a social position for himself. His son benefited.

Thaksin had to scramble to get into the pecking order. That's why there is a dislike of him. He is not seen as belonging. He can have all the money in the world, but he will always be an outsider. Oak, is an outsider, because his father is an outsider. There is a struggle between the nouveau riche and the old guard. Social change is never peaceful nor pleasant.

• Like 1

This is just too funny. GK, keep up the good work.

Thanks. It's a bit cruel of me though to keep stepping on some mental cripples. One of my friends is aghast. She says I need more work sent my way to occupy me. I told her that if the Ac systems were working I wouldn't be so rough.

Trust you are managing in the heat. Thaksin is in New York now, and I believe Oak accompanied him. Some of the hard core haters should try and see if they can find him and let him know how they feel.

Intellectually, most members of TV occupy a higher position than you.

"Thaksin represents ascent through hard work" ?!? facepalm.gif You and your red shirt buddies in the Thaksin cult are quite gullible to fall for that particular piece of myth-making. You should stop listening to little Oak lecturing you on how wonderful his daddy is. You complain about Abhisit and Suthep benefiting from Thailand's rigid social hierarchy, but see no problem in Oak - having accomplished nothing in his useless life so far - being parachuted by daddy into a position of power and privilege. Neither Suthep's shady cronies nor the Shinawatra dynasty should play any role in reforming Thailand's rotten institutions.

Liberate yourself from the delusion that Thaksin and the UDD are pushing for societal change and justice. In all revolutions, "everything must change so that everything can stay the same". Thaksin and his UDD capos aim to overthrow the aristocracy so that they can take their place. Study the patterns of history before posting another imbecilic rant. Read "The Leopard" by Lampedusa, for a start.

Do you think Thaksin built a business empire and became PM because he followed the slacker work ethic of many foreigners in Thailand? He worked hard to get what he did. The old Protestant work ethic at its zenith for some, or an evil brute for others. . Oak doesn't lecture me on his father, but he does respect and love him. Perhaps this is something some westerners who have dysfunctional lives can't understand. I don't know.

Thaksin did bring about major social change. Even his detractors admit to that. Whether you agree with the result or not is your prerogative. The UDD does want social change and it is one of their founding principles. Remember that the UDD is an umbrella group that includes some very diverse groups including the "reformed" communists, the academic liberals, the social activists and the right wing nationalists. They all have their own concept of what social change is though. I've sat across from a few hard core UDDers and I knew that under different circumstances they could just as quickly cut my throat. It was the same feeling I had with one of the generals who I met long ago. Very polite, smiling, but looking like he could just as easily put a bullet in my head if I took his parking spot. Welcome to Thailand. Enjoy your stay. The local oligarchy and wannabes will think nothing of betraying an outsider if it means they can amass more power, wealth or status. It is a fact of life that some foreigners don't quite get until are in midfall off a Pattaya balcony.

"Thaksin represents ascent through hard work" ?!? facepalm.gif You and your red shirt buddies in the Thaksin cult are quite gullible to fall for that particular piece of myth-making. You should stop listening to little Oak lecturing you on how wonderful his daddy is. You complain about Abhisit and Suthep benefiting from Thailand's rigid social hierarchy, but see no problem in Oak - having accomplished nothing in his useless life so far - being parachuted by daddy into a position of power and privilege. Neither Suthep's shady cronies nor the Shinawatra dynasty should play any role in reforming Thailand's rotten institutions.

Liberate yourself from the delusion that Thaksin and the UDD are pushing for societal change and justice. In all revolutions, "everything must change so that everything can stay the same". Thaksin and his UDD capos aim to overthrow the aristocracy so that they can take their place. Study the patterns of history before posting another imbecilic rant. Read "The Leopard" by Lampedusa, for a start.

Do you think Thaksin built a business empire and became PM because he followed the slacker work ethic of many foreigners in Thailand? He worked hard to get what he did. The old Protestant work ethic at its zenith for some, or an evil brute for others. . Oak doesn't lecture me on his father, but he does respect and love him. Perhaps this is something some westerners who have dysfunctional lives can't understand. I don't know.

Thaksin did bring about major social change. Even his detractors admit to that. Whether you agree with the result or not is your prerogative. The UDD does want social change and it is one of their founding principles. Remember that the UDD is an umbrella group that includes some very diverse groups including the "reformed" communists, the academic liberals, the social activists and the right wing nationalists. They all have their own concept of what social change is though. I've sat across from a few hard core UDDers and I knew that under different circumstances they could just as quickly cut my throat. It was the same feeling I had with one of the generals who I met long ago. Very polite, smiling, but looking like he could just as easily put a bullet in my head if I took his parking spot. Welcome to Thailand. Enjoy your stay. The local oligarchy and wannabes will think nothing of betraying an outsider if it means they can amass more power, wealth or status. It is a fact of life that some foreigners don't quite get until are in midfall off a Pattaya balcony.

Nurse! ... He's off his medication again, pacing the corridor of the asylum and talking to himself.

• Like 1

Nurse... nurse .... he's out of bed and typing again.

"Thaksin represents ascent through hard work"

Yeh, Ok.

Ahh so you think he just sat there and received his wealth and won a landslide election.

This isn't quite like getting the pension or social benefits payment from your country. In Thailand, getting ahead requires some hard work, especially if one is an outsider. it also means sometimes stepping on some toes. Just ask Suthep how he became the chief organizer for the Democrats in the south and how he built his political machine that delivered the votes. He worked hard. It takes a lot to try and herd cats.

Let me get this right, it's okay for posters on Thai Visa to ridicule and post almost daily criticisms of anyone in the Shinawatra family but when Oak posts something on his Facebook account it brings forth three pages of postings. Get a life people!

• Like 1

Aren't you even slightly embarrassed by all this once removed name dropping? It IS getting funny. I've never seen such defensiveness on this forum. Even Publicus in his zealous anti-Chinese ranting has never slipped as far over the edge as you have. Hope that bus of yours is air conditioned--or what's left of your brain may shrivel into the size of a walnut.

• Like 2

From GK "Oak doesn't lecture me on his father, but he does respect and love him."

We don't expect Oak to disrespect his father. The issue here is Oak is not a little boy any more, and is being groomed to take the PM's seat, or at least an influential position in Thailand. If he wants to be taken seriously on the political arena, he has to have some ideas which rise above puerile ridicule and close-mindedly supporting everything his dad and aunt have uttered and done. Anyone with a lick of sense can see clearly that T and Yingluck have made several big political/ethical/legal mistakes along the way. Oak either doesn't have the perceptive abilities to see them, or is too fixated on being agreeable to his dad and aunt on everything.

The scary part, is Thailand may well have Oak in a power position in the future. Hundreds of thousands of Thais will vote for him, without a 2nd thought, because those voters worship anyone who is rich and/or they'll vote for anyone who is sanctioned by T. The end result: Thailand's next decades will continue to be badly administered, with very ill-thought and destructive policies, like the rice-pledging fiasco and the 2.2 trillion baht speedo train going from BKK to China. BTW, at the current rate of Thai administration changes, each lasting an average of 1.6 years, it will take 34 different administrations to pay for the speedo train. Each will individually have to approve and afford to pay the Chinese banks who loan on the Bt.2.2 trillion project. If one of those 34 administrations defaults, China will gain ownership of the train and its rail lines. Yet another 'brick in the wall' of China's plan to absorb SE Asia.

• Like 2

Get it through to your head to praise Thaksin and oppose opposition is now old hat.

You said Thaksin represents ascent through hard work, ??? do you mean dictatorial style and oppression ?? media censored, and have Television channels portraying him as a goody gum drops. Look at his family record in politics--any flaws ???? Get it through to your skull that hard work to get on can mean treading on every opposition also.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> Limousine liberal? I take the bus between Hua Hin and BKK. It's 305 baht and quite comfortable. That makes me pragmatic. BTW, I am conservative on most issues. As you are an American, you probably think my centrist position on social issues is commie. A plutocrat? Unfortunately, you have misused the pejorative term. I suggest you look up the term as I am not ignoring social responsibilities/obligations, nor do I support the wealthy segments of Thailand's population in their pursuit of self pleasure, and the amassing of wealth no matter the cost to society. As an aside, I respect Winston Churchill and he was forever railing against plutocrats. (Read his biography. He was a great man despite his personal flaws, and one I admire.)

I'm not sure whether its g'kid or fab4 who is the winner of the glorious title of 'person who has met / knows was at more meetings with / witnessed more events & dialogue in Thailand'.

Makes no difference it gave both of them a disregard for the people of Thailand unless they supported corruption and violence.

• Like 2

Abhisit's father had served the military junta and had carved out a social position for himself. His son benefited.

Thaksin had to scramble to get into the pecking order. That's why there is a dislike of him. He is not seen as belonging. He can have all the money in the world, but he will always be an outsider. Oak, is an outsider, because his father is an outsider. There is a struggle between the nouveau riche and the old guard. Social change is never peaceful nor pleasant.

OK now you are saying that social standing is not required. Thaksin had to scramble into the pecking order. I say buy into it with bribes.

I repeat you are confusing social with money.

You say "Social change is never pleasant." Is that why you are defending the worsening corruption here in Thailand? with the current corruption you have a nice comfy position.

One other question who did you go to school with that acts like the spoiled rich kids here in Thailand do are above the law and have parents who can with the snap of theior fingers keep the bad news out of the press until it comes to murder.

"In no way am I justifying wrongful behavior."

Yet you defend every action the PTP red shirts take. Yet to read your posts you justify every thing the PTP red shirts do. If it is indefensible such as many of the red shirts actions caught on video on u tube you ignore it. In my way of thinking you are then okaying it such as the red shirts with PTP ministers backing them on stage calling for the separation of Thailand into two different nations.

• Like 1

Thaksin is in New York now, and I believe Oak accompanied him. Some of the hard core haters should try and see if they can find him and let him know how they feel.

Ok GK, buy me a ticket to get to New York, and I'll do the hard work part.

Mind you, you may have to pay off his goons to leave him alone for a few minutes.

Like that is ever going to happen, Thaksin will only enter an arena where the odds are staked very heavily in his favour.... I bet he can't spell level playing field either.

I would like to know where he got his education. I spend a fair amount of money on my families education and I want to be sure it is some where else than where he got his. I find the PTP red shirt attitude of they are the elite and what they say is the best for Thailand and worthy of backing up with violence intolerable. I want a good education for the wife's family. I even pay education costs for her 17 year old mentally challenged nephew. I believe in Thailand and education such as is administered here and GK got is not the way to change Thailand.

• Like 2

Thaksin is in New York now, and I believe Oak accompanied him. Some of the hard core haters should try and see if they can find him and let him know how they feel.

Ok GK, buy me a ticket to get to New York, and I'll do the hard work part.

Mind you, you may have to pay off his goons to leave him alone for a few minutes.

Like that is ever going to happen, Thaksin will only enter an arena where the odds are staked very heavily in his favour.... I bet he can't spell level playing field either.

Judging from the reception Thaksin got in the states the last time he was there I don't think he is where he has the odds staked in his favor there. Mind you he has recovered some of his money from the government not that he needed it but he could buy a lot of people to slap him on the back and say welcome when they really wanted to say at last as they slip a knife in his back.

If I remember correctly there was talk of him going over and giving a talk to a senate committee or UN committee on freedom that never came off in fact not only did they snub him the Thai people living in the States booed him.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think both you and I can think of quite a few influential Thais who have been caught doing something much worse than cheating, yet were subsequently cleared of all charges. Does that mean they were all innocent and that those pressing charges were just lying? :-D

Fair comment. However, within the context of this thread, the repeated comment is made that cheating occurred. "proof" is offered. Yet, when the alternative "proof" is offered that the cheating allegation was dismissed, meaning that the allegation does not hold, there is an obstinate refusal to acknowledge that in the absence of actual evidence and a ruling that cheating occurred, there must be a presumption of innocence. Let's look at your logic and apply it to a situation many foreigners encounter in Thailand, particularly those in Pattaya and Phuket. Many foreigners are accused of being sex tourists, but when there is no evidence given to support the allegation, does that mean that all foreigners must be deemed to be sex tourists because some are? Many bar girls come from Isaan. Does that mean that everyone who marries a girl from Isaan married a bargirl?

"..... obstinate refusal to acknowledge ....."

Well let's do a simple test.

Do you g'kid acknowledge or will you just continue to avoid comment, on why the poor, some now destitute, farmers suddenly went quiet, and weeks later (total now 6 months in many cases) they have still not been paid. And from the comments made by several government luminaries many will be waiting many more months.

So put your money where your mouth is and give a specific comment on this matter (and not a diversion).