Going Back to Nothing and Nobody.

Banzai99

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that an all inclusive list - wake up.

Until you ask them you don't know.

I did say this was a first step.

By the way, I was bailed out in Iraq by the UK gov rep in Basra some 46 years ago - I had to pay back the money after returning to the UK. Admittedly this was a different time and age.

The cartoon I posted is closer to the truth than many want to think. In the U.S. there are 3 levels of jail/prisons. The local jail, a state prison or a federal prison. Having never been in any of them, I think all of them would be better than being homeless in a cold climate or being in a nursing home. When one gets to the final stages of their life, and having made no provisions for it, you must take what ever is to be had. Under some conditions, prison might be the better choice. Hope I never have to make that kind of choice.

The credit card scam has been going long enough! they start out as unsecured loans expiring in a few years, until some one decides to take it to court and get a judgment.

Unsecured until you default. You signed the contract and therein the contract is your personal responsibility. It is written that you repay the debt in a timely manner and authorise the creditor to claim your property in an event of default. The lender is also contracted to provide credit at the agreed limit to utilise at your whim.

Hardly a scam, or is it always someone else's fault?

I do get bored of such inane nonsense.

The credit card scam has been going long enough! they start out as unsecured loans expiring in a few years, until some one decides to take it to court and get a judgment.

Unsecured until you default. You signed the contract and therein the contract is your personal responsibility. It is written that you repay the debt in a timely manner and authorise the creditor to claim your property in an event of default. The lender is also contracted to provide credit at the agreed limit to utilise at your whim.

The Scam is in the interest rates charged ! As all unsecured loans are lent at the highest rate possible,unsecured debt turns into secured debt, so the interest rate charged on unsecured is a scam.And this is the fault of the bank or any idiot who has a credit card.

I get Bored with people who are plain stupid

The Scam is in the interest rates charged ! As all unsecured loans are lent at the highest rate possible,unsecured debt turns into secured debt, so the interest rate charged on unsecured is a scam.And this is the fault of the bank or any idiot who has a credit card.

My unsecured loan is 3.9% - am I being scammed ?

Stupid is as stupid does.

He should go back and get a job. Lazy prick.

truer words were never spoken.

he can probably find a job paying bht300 (avg daily wage), if he wanted to. not much, but enough for the necessities.

My unsecured loan is 3.9% - am I being scammed ?

Stupid is as stupid does.

like I said, any idiot with a credit card

Sorry to say, but this is a typical story here.

This old guy is very lucky cause has some kind friends here like the OP.

In UK there are nothing and nobody, so why should he go there?

Edited by Loles

He should go back and get a job. Lazy prick.

truer words were never spoken.

he can probably find a job paying bht300 (avg daily wage), if he wanted to. not much, but enough for the necessities.

Copa8

your post is a big B st in pink cheesy.gif

tell me pls only one job which can be taken by an old farang !!!

my god there are some seriously nasty horrible people on this forum who should be ashamed of themselves at the heartless comments they are making...this guys no saint but I wouldn't pee on you lot if u were on fire

• Like 2

Posts about unsecured debt on credit cards mostly correct. There IS some confusion as to whether the debt is wiped after 5,6 or 7 years. The debt will have been sold on. He must on no account respond to any letters, messages from the secondary debt collectors. If he can survive 2 years more here he will presumably be eligible for an old age state pension...not a lot but better than nothing and payable to a Thai Bank account. Wonder how many others there are like him??!!

@Banzai99

Some good and bad news for your friend who is virtually destitute. The good news is he can get back into the system again,but the bad news is ,he needs to work at it!

He has been out of the Uk for a very long time. As a British Citizen he has the right to entry and Residence in the UK,no problem!

BUT he is coming back,and will need to claim Benefits,which he is not entitled to, until he has successfully done the HRT Test and got through the (Habitual Residents Test) Which will open the door to Pension Credits (for the over 60s) (a virtual early Pension) and the way back into the system! tell him to start reading up on Google or whatever......... HRT Test! uk (Habitual ResidenceTest UK)

While he is waiting for a decision from the HRT Panel he needs to link up with the Housing Benefit and Council Tax People who will allocate funds to pay his rent on a single persons needs,but this will only be finalised,once your friend has passed the HRT Test,but best to start the ball rolling as soon as possible,please remember the purpose of your interview with the HRT people is that you have to convince them that you are back to stay in your own Country....................Good Luck

Please note this information was correct,3 years ago, if anything has changed,then I have not been informed.

I am starting you off with this link,on this same page there are at least another dozen!

http://www.housing-rights.info/habitual-residence-test.php

Edited by MAJIC

Many more like him in Thailand. Went after the dream, cut ties, failed business, skint - this is where the crossroads is, do I join the jumpers club or head home with nothing? Sure the UK will help him out, they help out half the dregs of Europe with housing, benefits etc. I can't say good luck to him due to his history but maybe some will see this as a lesson on how not to ruin your life.

I take your point,but it's hard to feel sorry for the crooked Bankers ,who stole my money in the Credit Crunch Crash.I have never scammed my Bank in the UK,but after scamming me,would I do it now...........?

Edited by MAJIC

He is lucky that he is going back to the UK, instead of the US. In America a single man can get no government help, other than a small amount of food stamps. In the UK, he can get on the dole.

Unfortunately it's peanuts,something like £69 a week,you would be lucky to get a hotel for 1 night for that price. Like everywhere once you get down that low,it's a long way back up!

I think he would be better to fake a heart attack and go to hospital than jail.

Or become mentally unstable and get a nice bed in a home with a garden view.

Or go out in style...stand in middle of piccadilly naked and run around shouting I've got a big bomb up my arrse...

How does one fake a heart attack?

It would be better to try to catch some Dengue before he leaves and when he is sure he is infected, then quick hop a plane back to London.

Or, I am thinking maybe he could do with a dose of the clap.

One of those that requires hospitalization.

Anything is better than scaring people on an aircraft, especially the little kiddies.

Edited by AhanFan

I have little sympathy for this man.

As I see it, he has contributed nothing to UK society, in fact worse he had acted immorally by taking out credit with no intention of ever paying it back which is a crime. So lets say he arrives back in the UK, with no job and no money.

Well first of all we don't want him back !!!

But our over generous system, will no doubt give him a place to live, pay his rent, his council tax, furniture, health bills, (no doubt rehab bills for his alcohol problems) and dental plan, eyes hearing and all the rest. He will probably be entitled to a form of credit again if he ever gets a job and in the meantime not contribute a single penny to the people who work hard to provide a blanket of security for him on his return.

Going back to nothing ? Hardly !!

As for the suggestion someone made about Air Rage, well thats an <deleted> suggestion really in my opinion, what about the fear and anxiety that the perfectly innocent and tax paying passengers will feel so that this man can get free bed and board.

No, I think he should stay in Thailand and live the life many Thais have to, he has made his bed, its time to get a blanket and sleep in it.

• Like 1

Or go out in style...stand in middle of piccadilly naked and run around shouting I've got a big bomb up my arrse...

It would be better to try to catch some Dengue before he leaves and when he is sure he is infected, then quick hop a plane back to London.

Anything is better than scaring people on an aircraft, especially the little kiddies.

So now its the taxpayer through the NHS that has to pick up the bill. Is there anyone who just things this guy should just get a job and stop poncing off the Thai, The ExPay community and the British Taxpaying Public ?

• Like 1

He is lucky that he is going back to the UK, instead of the US. In America a single man can get no government help, other than a small amount of food stamps. In the UK, he can get on the dole.

Unfortunately it's peanuts,something like £69 a week,you would be lucky to get a hotel for 1 night for that price. Like everywhere once you get down that low,it's a long way back up!

His Housing Benefit would pay for the hotel.

When you add Job Seekers Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, NHS Extras (Like Dental and Free Prescriptions), the total weekly amount is approximatly £450 per week tax free of course.

So now its the taxpayer through the NHS that has to pick up the bill. Is there anyone who just things this guy should just get a job and stop poncing off the Thai, The ExPay community and the British Taxpaying Public ?

Who would hire a drunk?

If he is 63, an old drunk.

He probably wishes he had never been born.

But, too late now.

Who would hire a drunk?

If he is 63, an old drunk.

He probably wishes he had never been born.

But, too late now.

Sounds like a complete loser.

Look, Let's Get Serious Here, for a moment.....

The absolute best thing, the cheapest thing, the least costly thing for the UK taxpayers would be to send this guy about 150 pounds per week, PLUS a case of whiskey.

Then, before you know it, he would probably be up in heaven for a minimal taxpayer outlay.

Or, who knows, he might clean himself up if he had a steady monthly allowance, and a clean house with some help.

This would be the smart thing, to keep him in Thailand where it costs far less to maintain him than to put him in prison or in a hospital, or on the streets of the UK.

The UK should consider a policy where it could export its ne'erdowells, with a minimum monthly stipend, just to allow other countries to manage their problem better than the UK is equipped to do so now.

• Like 1