Going Back to Nothing and Nobody.

Banzai99

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I feel for this guy, take the ticket and the 20.000 baht overstay, arrive back in the UK there is help for people in his posistion, listen I have been stuck out here for 18months came out here with promises being made by a cousin of mine, promises were not kept, so have been stuck up here in Issan and I am a Women all alone, thank goodness for the amamzing Issan people who have fed me and taken care, I have had the most amamzing experience, more than any Farang Women could imagine, I am nearly 60, at last raised the money for my overstay and a ticket out of here, I have no one or nowhere to go but I am leaving on 6th May, tell him to take this and get back to the UK as for his credit cards etc after 7years it will be wiped off, he is still young enough to return and start again as long as he doesn't hit the bottle.................

Welcome, Oh exhaulted member of 18 minutes ago. Stuck in Isaan for 18 months and it's taken you this long to find TV, and your first post describes yourself as being in the same boat as the fictitious character in the OP.

Shame on you. Talk about the OP and his shadow!!

Back to the bridge

No wonder I do not like the Farngs out here....... with comments like this.............

• Like 1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just curious: wouldn't his life be better in Thailand, than back in England?

This is a genuine question. No bashing is needed as I am not from England.

In short, No it wouldn't. The UK (welfare state) has one of the best social care systems in the world I suggest the OP friend take full advantage of it.

Edited by whooshbang

Over 60 I think you can get some sort of pension credit in the UK, not a lot, but it will give him a start, as someone said go straight to Citizen Advise

Will a lot not have to do with any NI contributions he made have made. No that won't happen until he is 65, he will get pension credits and housing benefit if he can find a bedsit somewhere which would be easy if he could pay maybe two months in advance, but he would get most of it back from the local council.

Thats where you are completley wrong. I suggest you understand the laws regarding uk expats and foreign (eu) citizens.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Evidence please? Links to a government website that demonstrates these laws please? If he goes back to the UK then he is no longer an expat and the same laws apply to him as apply to all other EU citizens living in the UK.
Please , really....

So you have no evidence then? What you post is hearsay without evidence.

It is well documented and I have neither the time or inclination to post here.

He will find social services and help. With regard to those who want to bash, he lives with his shortcomings every day. His penance..., if he has the mental faculties to understand where his life path has taken him..., is a life sentence to the ranks of the disenfranchised.

Surely tho, he should find some pension income in only a couple years, right?

A sad story but maybe a good ending can still be found.

A man I knew in his 60is from Austria had similar circumstances, he walked out of the plane in Vienna and let himself fell down exhausted and sick so he stated and from that point on the Austrian well fare and social system took over, starting with the stretcher provided.rolleyes.gif

7 years is the limit in the uk for credit card debt.

But remember he doesn't owe the original bank anything.

This would of been sold on to various debt collectors to attempt to collect payment. The bank would of sold the debt a long long time ago.

Oh and I have more sympathy for the guy than i have in my little finger for banking system that make billions by overcharging and useing other peoples money to make the billion dollar profits.

So are you condoning such behavior of " getting back at the banks?" so if every one will think

and act like you think, what will be left of our banking system? could we ever be trusted by

the banks again for any credit what so ever?

"What will be left of the banking system" well at this very moment, and for the last number of years, very little. Whilst I abhor what this individual has done, it's fraud, ite theft etc, but the banks do ask for this type of treatment. Where does the coin come from to pay their emperors so much? Answer Us ! Anyhow that's irrelevant and sorry to go off topic.

Im sorry cant help Banzai , i hope someone can . Please members lets not go after this guy about blowing his cash etc.etc. some positive advice would be nice just wish i could hand some out.

Gl to your friend OP hope it turns out ok.

I presume you mean he has 'blued" (not blow or blown) everyone else's money. He is a thief. He stole credit card money. It wasn't his money to blue. We all have to pay to make up the shortfall. Another typical English character. What a country I come from, nothing to be proud of there. He should be locked up !

Edited by thejcb

It is well documented and I have neither the time or inclination to post here

It seems you have neither the time nor inclination to post facts but have the time and inclination to post hearsay ?

HUMMMMM

From my research as long as he states he is living in the UK he has full access to all the available benefits handed out

I feel for this guy, take the ticket and the 20.000 baht overstay, arrive back in the UK there is help for people in his posistion, listen I have been stuck out here for 18months came out here with promises being made by a cousin of mine, promises were not kept, so have been stuck up here in Issan and I am a Women all alone, thank goodness for the amamzing Issan people who have fed me and taken care, I have had the most amamzing experience, more than any Farang Women could imagine, I am nearly 60, at last raised the money for my overstay and a ticket out of here, I have no one or nowhere to go but I am leaving on 6th May, tell him to take this and get back to the UK as for his credit cards etc after 7years it will be wiped off, he is still young enough to return and start again as long as he doesn't hit the bottle.................

Suggestion, you both appear to be in the same boat, why don't you fly back together and perhaps work as a team. Two heads are better than one. And no this is not sarcasm.

However there is a huge difference between you and him, you were conned, by family he wasn't. You are in this position not of your making. He is the opposite, it was his making.

You are an over stayer, again because of being let down he is an overstayer simply because he appears to be of the ilk of not caring a toss about rules, regulations and requirements. In other words extremely self centered.

Second thoughts best you ignore my suggestion of teaming up. He will drag you down to his level. I seriously wish you the very best of luck and hope as a lady at your tender age you can put this behind you. If you meet up with your cousiin can you smack him round the head with a full beer bottle from me !

For someone who showed great resourcefulness prior to arriving in Thailand, having scammed enough to survive here 15 years, have enough to lose to bad women and bad businesses, this man is now curiously out of ideas?

Oh, wait! The people helping him are the victims this time. He hasn't stopped scamming.

T

• Like 1

Im sorry cant help Banzai , i hope someone can . Please members lets not go after this guy about blowing his cash etc.etc. some positive advice would be nice just wish i could hand some out.

Why would you want to wish good luck to a common thief and fraudster.

There is no badge of honour in screwing credit card companies for a debt that the rest of us honest citizens finish up paying for.

People like this are irresponsible and the dregs of society.

He must be very proud that after 63 years of his life he cannot afford a pot to p!ss in.

What a sanctimonious git you are.

• Like 2

There is no badge of honour in screwing credit card companies for a debt that the rest of us honest citizens finish up paying for.

He must be very proud that after 63 years of his life he cannot afford a pot to p!ss in.

Please do tell how and why an honest citizen like yourself would pay for his credit card debt??

Banks write bad debts off , they certainly do not split it between bank account holders.

Considering interest rates they charge for credit cards, there is a very good chance credit was paid in full or almost in full , the rest is interest.

And even he he did not make 1 single payment, banks loose or make billions daily, so the 20k debt really does not even get noticed in a big picture

I mean really, do some people ever think before they post or just vomit out whatever hits the brain?

Now back to OP, nothing to worry about unpaid debts, not to mention if debts were accumulated some years ago credit may already be clean as most countries put you on bad credit rating for 5-7 years.

Naturally he would be better off back in UK because UK has a social welfare system , healthcare etc.

In Thailand he has nothing and health will only get worse, so having free medical would most certainly help.

Evidence please? Links to a government website that demonstrates these laws please? If he goes back to the UK then he is no longer an expat and the same laws apply to him as apply to all other EU citizens living in the UK.
Please , really....

So you have no evidence then? What you post is hearsay without evidence.

It is well documented and I have neither the time or inclination to post here.

If it's well documented why don't you post the links so we can read them? I suspect you don't because you can't.

By reading your OP.....and your many previous 1's.......inconsiderate people are only willing help inconsiderate people, springs to mind.......

Better you try to help ....with your friends....Tia Pugh....or other young children in need in Thailand

yeah sad innit...circa 50k baht for a drunk to get home.....but a dying child ?....zip

In fairness, I think 25,000 Baht will cover it.

Unless they were thinking of sending him back first class.

You forget the 20,000 baht they have to pay for the overstay plus the price of ticket

Now back to OP, nothing to worry about unpaid debts, not to mention if debts were accumulated some years ago credit may already be clean as most countries put you on bad credit rating for 5-7 years.

Let me say it again. Debts are statute barred in England and Wales after 6 years. In Scotland they're statute barred after 5 years. I'm not talking about 'most countries' and I'm not guessing. What I have posted are facts.

There is no statute of limitations on criminal actions.

In taking a course in the helping professions at university - Ed Psyc ***** I learned one can never really help someone, that ultimately they must help themselves. Since he has been unsuccessful with helping himself with a drinking problem which undoubtedly led to a failed bar, what makes you think that your help will result in a positive outcome. Instead of paying for a plane ticket home, why don't you ask him what he believes he needs to do. Since he admittedly stiffed credit card companies he is quite possibly stiffing you. The more you help him the longer it will take for him to get to the bottom - a place many alcoholics go before they come to their senses. Everyones bottom is different.

Why do you need to be a hero ? Is there something lacking in you - are you compensating ?

Real friends of an alcoholic do not enable or aid their drinking. Ask him if he wants to quit drinking. If he does get him some real help in the form of AA or the equivalent. I can just imagine you and the rest of his friends keeping him lubricated until you pour him onto the plane and then he is off your books. You will have " HELPED " him as much as you could to his eventual demise.

Just curious, but can't the British Embassy help with such cases? No need for a whip around to pay for a one-way ticket home. No need to fund the 20K for overstay.

If the British Embassy refuse to help their own citizens (I somehow doubt that), then I would go to Thai Immigration and explain I'm destitute on overstay - might end up in the pokey for a few weeks until the British gov are forced to do something. What does he expect - a holiday camp?

The British Embassy won't pay for his flight home. It's there to represent the British government in Thailand not act as a charity for the indolent and the stupid.

I'm surprised because they do act as a charity for the indolent and stupid immigrants, much as my own country.

• Like 1

Just curious, but can't the British Embassy help with such cases? No need for a whip around to pay for a one-way ticket home. No need to fund the 20K for overstay.

If the British Embassy refuse to help their own citizens (I somehow doubt that), then I would go to Thai Immigration and explain I'm destitute on overstay - might end up in the pokey for a few weeks until the British gov are forced to do something. What does he expect - a holiday camp?

The British Embassy won't pay for his flight home. It's there to represent the British government in Thailand not act as a charity for the indolent and the stupid.

I'm surprised because they do act as a charity for the indolent and stupid immigrants, much as my own country.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has nothing at all to do with immigration in Britain.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has nothing at all to do with immigration in Britain.

I wasn't referring to immigration, I was referring to social services, regardless of which tax payer bucket it comes from.