Why do so many TV users dislike Thailand so much and yet stay?

beb

Ah, but back "home" where sex is allegedly "free" if a western "girlfriend" doesn't sleep with her "boyfriend" for any reason, she won't be the "girlfriend" for long, LOL.

More nonsense from you

"For any reason"??!!

Seriously??

I'm stunned you didn't retire here a virgin.

Keep taking the pills, LOL.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pipe in on this because quite frankly the OP described how I felt about Thai men, Thai govt, Thai life most of the 14 yrs I lived there. I lived in Bali for 4 yrs and never felt the contempt for Indo that I felt for LOS. I often times felt in prison by my own design ie heavily invested, beautiful wife and family yet it all came with the daily hassle that I knew as Thailand. Finally my children reached the goal age to study abroad and I was set free. I have been away for 18 mo's and quite frankly I can not make myself get on the plane to join my family for even a short return trip to Thailand. I'm worn out and really don't need the hassle when life is so easy in the west. I'm out I'm gone and I don't know if I will return. IMO there are too many choices in the world that offer good weather, good food, friendly natives and beautiful women to return to a place that frustrates me at every turn.

I'll pipe in on this because quite frankly the OP described how I felt about Thai men, Thai govt, Thai life most of the 14 yrs I lived there. I lived in Bali for 4 yrs and never felt the contempt for Indo that I felt for LOS. I often times felt in prison by my own design ie heavily invested, beautiful wife and family yet it all came with the daily hassle that I knew as Thailand. Finally my children reached the goal age to study abroad and I was set free. I have been away for 18 mo's and quite frankly I can not make myself get on the plane to join my family for even a short return trip to Thailand. I'm worn out and really don't need the hassle when life is so easy in the west. I'm out I'm gone and I don't know if I will return. IMO there are too many choices in the world that offer good weather, good food, friendly natives and beautiful women to return to a place that frustrates me at every turn.

Where ever you go....you take yourself with you. What you describe above, i can relate 2. Love and hate....maybe time to be nicer to yourself. Its all about you...

• Like 1

The best garden in the world needs a little manure.

You don't have to like or praise the manure though do you.

Negative advertising promotes Thailand? You don't really believe that do you? I mean really, Thailand does enough themselves with political turmoil, airport closures, floods and coups not to need any Farang bad mouthing to compliment the normal mix.

How did you manage to reach your monumental conclusion from a perfectly innocent little statement?

Telling people what you think they mean when they don't actually mean that at all is not an enviable trait.

WOW! Wasn't it someone who once said, "Irony Is A Bitch"???

Whoever he/she was, it is most certainly true! 5555555555555555

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ah, but back "home" where sex is allegedly "free" if a western "girlfriend" doesn't sleep with her "boyfriend" for any reason, she won't be the "girlfriend" for long, LOL.

More nonsense from you

"For any reason"??!!

Seriously??

I'm stunned you didn't retire here a virgin.

Keep taking the pills, LOL.

Haven't females not YET figured out that they are all whores???

Seriously, that's just the way it is!!

"XXXXX is FOR SURE A BITCH"

<heavily invested>

Assuming you mean you're invested in the Thai business world, that explains it all to me. Other than the 90 day and yearly hell of visa extension, any problems I have in Thailand are usually of my own making.

Hey, thanks for answering the question! If I could give a prize I would.

Haven't females not YET figured out that they are all whores???

Seriously, that's just the way it is!!

"XXXXX is FOR SURE A BITCH"

I occasionally like to play a game i call "Guess The IQ Level of a TV forum member".

This one isnt worth even putting up against the other members.

..that would be just too unkind.

• Like 1

The difference for you maccaroni man, is that you seem to have options (as in, you have the ability to have a fufilling life in a western country..lifestyle, good female company, etc).

Frankly, many of the expats that come to Thailand do not have that luxury.

Here in lies the problem Thailand has been good to me, the monies from Thailand allow me to live in the west without a need of a job. My day on Samui were full of sun fun and adventure and I the fact that my family is Thai all but guarantees my return in the meantime it is nice to take a break and live in a world of accountability and reliability.

The difference for you maccaroni man, is that you seem to have options (as in, you have the ability to have a fufilling life in a western country..lifestyle, good female company, etc).

Frankly, many of the expats that come to Thailand do not have that luxury.

Dear Lara,

How many options do you think a man of 50+ (or 60+) has for a fulfilling life in the western world with an attractive female companion?

(Conversely, how many options for a 50+ female in the west to find a fulfilling life with an attractive man?)

Most of the over 50s I see (including myself) do not look attractive as sexual partners for me.

Come to think of it, most of the over 50s I have met (in the west) seem to live for their grandchildren, or are waiting to die. I haven't seen any of them having fulfilling lives. Generally, for the average Joe, it sucks to be over 50 in the west. Guess you aren't there yet.

Dear Macaroni man,

Sorry to see you had problems in Thailand, but I can't really understand what they would be. As a previous poster stated apart from the yearly VISA, 90 day report, most foreigners can choose to interact or not with the locals. It doesn't appear to be a problem to me, and I can't see how it would be a problem for others.

Of course, it would be different if you were a poor person trying to scrape a living, but they would have problems no matter in what country they live.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

It's akin to Chinese water torture; it is not the volume of water but the nagging drip that drives one crazy.

As I said before, the amount of problems one has or not ( apart from immigration ) is entirely dependent on oneself. I could live quite happily in Thailand without ever having to interact with anyone other than my wife, but if I CHOOSE to go places/ do things outside my home, I realise that comes with a risk of problems.

Without knowing exactly what your "drip" is, it is not possible to comment.

• Like 1

Dear Lara,

How many options do you think a man of 50+ (or 60+) has for a fulfilling life in the western world with an attractive female companion?

(Conversely, how many options for a 50+ female in the west to find a fulfilling life with an attractive man?)

Most of the over 50s I see (including myself) do not look attractive as sexual partners for me.

Come to think of it, most of the over 50s I have met (in the west) seem to live for their grandchildren, or are waiting to die. I haven't seen any of them having fulfilling lives. Generally, for the average Joe, it sucks to be over 50 in the west. Guess you aren't there yet.

An older guy can still attract and retain the interest of younger women in the West without a million dollars in the bank if he's not bitter and keeps himself in reasonable shape.

• Like 1

It's akin to Chinese water torture; it is not the volume of water but the nagging drip that drives one crazy.

As I said before, the amount of problems one has or not ( apart from immigration ) is entirely dependent on oneself. I could live quite happily in Thailand without ever having to interact with anyone other than my wife, but if I CHOOSE to go places/ do things outside my home, I realise that comes with a risk of problems.

Without knowing exactly what your "drip" is, it is not possible to comment.

I've simplified way beyond that, no immigration, no wife (or gf).

A few Thai relatives shoot through, but I don't give them any money, so they soon leave.

Dear Lara,

An older guy can still attract and retain the interest of younger women in the West without a million dollars in the bank if he's not bitter and keeps himself in reasonable shape.

Are you seriously saying that a 65 year old guy ( that does not have the money of Mick Jagger or Hugh Heffner ) in the west can have a sexual relationship with an attractive 20 year old female?

Dear Lara,

Really ?

.... and with the same budget as the guys in Pattaya ?

Dear Lara,

Are you seriously saying that a 65 year old guy ( that does not have the money of Mick Jagger or Hugh Heffner ) in the west can have a sexual relationship with an attractive 20 year old female?

Maybe not but why the hell do they have to be 20 years old?

There are untold attractive, fit 40 year old birds around in the West.

They're not all heifers like you jokers make out.

• Like 1

Simple answer.

Misfits in the country of birth.

Migrate and then start to compare with their roots.

Why not get back there?

Applies to all - not only TH

Edit: Have you ever noticed the powerful trying to stick their 'correct' beliefs down the throat of the weak?

Edited by ravip

Your certianly no Einstein.

Some people can't afford to move to where everything is perfect, banana brain. If they could they would be there already.

Many people come here in large part because things are cheaper and they need to be able to afford a decent lifestyle on a reduced budget. Or, they come to get drunk, bang hookers or other things due to personal problems or not being able to do this in their home country for some reason. Their complaints are often genuine ones and based on their own reality and circumstances. Therefore, they do have a right to voice them, although they will not be valid for everyone, what is?

If you can't handle these complaints it does not mean people can't voice them, it means perhaps YOU should move. Eventually you may find a perfect place where everyone is perfectly happy and never complains, good luck with that.

Dear Lara,

Oh, I thought you were meaning a similar situation to Pattaya or Phuket.

What you are talking about is rather different. However, I would think I'd be pushing it to get even a 40 yo woman to sleep with me back home. Plus most of the available 40 yo women I meet are divorced with children, and I don't want that particular baggage to come with a GF ( been there done that, never again ).

Dear Lara,

I was 50 when I left the West. No trouble finding good looking women. Mine were 18, 34 and 51. Had a problem with the 18 year old's father. I got tired of the hassle and came to Thailand. America is a decent place for an older guy to find a woman. Not much competition.

Forty years ago America’s (and the UK and Australia) young men were the envy of the world. There was nothing they couldn’t do, nowhere they weren’t sought – due in no small part to the role played by Western men throughout the world as World War II soldiers and post-war peacekeepers and nation-builders, at home and abroad. By 1965, they had it all – health, education, character, pride, intelligence, bravery, vision, responsibility, you name it.

http://invincibleprobity.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/why-are-american-men-so-dumb/

You are a 46 year old male, and you can find an attractive 40 year old female.

I can understand your PoV.

But not really relevant to my post about 50+ and 60+ year olds seeking attractive partners.

I bet you don't find many 50yos and 60yos to be attractive.

PS

You seem to be directing your posts exclusively at female beauty (in the under 50 range).

Please read my posts carefully, I don't specify the sex of people I find attractive.

Male or female, not many attractive people in the 50+ range, none in the 60+ range.

(excluding Sean Connery, and he's lost it recently)

Dear Lara,

I was 50 when I left the West. No trouble finding good looking women. Mine were 18, 34 and 51. Had a problem with the 18 year old's father. I got tired of the hassle and came to Thailand. America is a decent place for an older guy to find a woman. Not much competition.

Forty years ago America’s (and the UK and Australia) young men were the envy of the world. There was nothing they couldn’t do, nowhere they weren’t sought – due in no small part to the role played by Western men throughout the world as World War II soldiers and post-war peacekeepers and nation-builders, at home and abroad. By 1965, they had it all – health, education, character, pride, intelligence, bravery, vision, responsibility, you name it.

Thanks for that link ( or perhaps not, as I've been up till 4am reading it ). Food for thought indeed, though my opinions have mirrored his for many years.

Every man thinking of getting married should be required to read his article about it.

Dear Lara,

EXACTLY what i was thinking.

Seriously now, what business does a 65 year old man have wanting a 20 year old partner.

Keyword: partner (not just someone for sex).

Alas, and therein lies the rub. OLD men come to Thailand to have stupidly young women on their arms..with very little in common, and very little to say to each other.

"so what?" some may say, and fair enough. But if you think it is "normal" and does not appear utterly ridiculous, even in the eyes of Thai people, you are being blinkered.

No..Thai ladies do not prefer a man the age of their grandad for a partner, no matter what lines you have been fed.

Gawd whatever..carry on .

• Like 1

Dear Lara,

Thanks for that link ( or perhaps not, as I've been up till 4am reading it ). Food for thought indeed, though my opinions have mirrored his for many years.

Every man thinking of getting married should be required to read his article about it.

Well I've been called all manner of names by several forum members for swerving marriage.

In their eyes, you're not a real man until you've tossed your fortunes - financial and emotional - with a woman and then paid a shark to get you out of it with just enough to buy a ticket to Thailand.

Whatever happened to learning from the mistakes of others?

You are a 46 year old male, and you can find an attractive 40 year old female.

I can understand your PoV.

But not really relevant to my post about 50+ and 60+ year olds seeking attractive partners.

I bet you don't find many 50yos and 60yos to be attractive.

You're supposed to find them attractive because you love them and have shared the last decade or more of your life with them.

If you've had forty years to form a meaningful relationship and failed to do so, then sorry to be harsh, but you've pretty much &lt;deleted&gt; up the whole partner thing.

• Like 1