Why do so many TV users dislike Thailand so much and yet stay?

beb

You are a 46 year old male, and you can find an attractive 40 year old female.

I can understand your PoV.

But not really relevant to my post about 50+ and 60+ year olds seeking attractive partners.

I bet you don't find many 50yos and 60yos to be attractive.

You're supposed to find them attractive because you love them and have shared the last decade or more of your life with them.

If you've had forty years to form a meaningful relationship and failed to do so, then sorry to be harsh, but you've pretty much <deleted> up the whole partner thing.

You seem to overlook the fact that as around 50% of marriages fail, 25% of men, most well past the age of desirability ( over 50 ) are probably looking for another relationship, but if they stay in their own country the only available women will probably also be divorced and with kids, with all the problems that entails. I don't blame them for seeking a much younger woman in Thailand. Also, I'm sure many don't want another go at marriage and just want sex without having to be commited.

• Like 1

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An older guy can still attract and retain the interest of younger women in the West without a million dollars in the bank if he's not bitter and keeps himself in reasonable shape.

Are you seriously saying that a 65 year old guy ( that does not have the money of Mick Jagger or Hugh Heffner ) in the west can have a sexual relationship with an attractive 20 year old female?

Maybe not but why the hell do they have to be 20 years old?

There are untold attractive, fit 40 year old birds around in the West.

They're not all heifers like you jokers make out.

EXACTLY what i was thinking.

Seriously now, what business does a 65 year old man have wanting a 20 year old partner.

Keyword: partner (not just someone for sex).

Alas, and therein lies the rub. OLD men come to Thailand to have stupidly young women on their arms..with very little in common, and very little to say to each other.

"so what?" some may say, and fair enough. But if you think it is "normal" and does not appear utterly ridiculous, even in the eyes of Thai people, you are being blinkered.

No..Thai ladies do not prefer a man the age of their grandad for a partner, no matter what lines you have been fed.

Gawd whatever..carry on .

You obviously have not seen any of the many "dating/ marriage ads on this very page, where extremely attractive and obviously in their 20s women are seeking men "up to 60". Seems pretty normal for that segment of the population.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Haven't females not YET figured out that they are all whores???

Seriously, that's just the post-208235-13996805381478_thumb.jpgway it is!!

"XXXXX is FOR SURE A BITCH"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I occasionally like to play a game i call "Guess The IQ Level of a TV forum member".

This one isnt worth even putting up against the other members.

..that would be just too unkind.

Quite overwhelming this is, the pattern that has been emerging, and is now soon, so pathetic that it's actually gone far enough to be used in valid statistics!

I would like re quote your own quote which is which says it all, "iq , forum members and TV" ! Of-course this isn't even a quote, just a "keep on digging your own grave", if I'm allowed to make up "a game I like to play", exept mine is based on actually I.Q.! Yours is of-course, more and more sadly the case of the opposite!

If you still don't understand the traps you keep falling into, and a hint here and there, being "to unkind". Is an understatement in a dillusional way!

I don't think you are stupid, Laura, but as you r called here "Dr,Laura", you are , I'm sorry to say NOT!

And here again I will use my more polite way of saying "irony is bitch"!

I'm plugging on my phone, and actually I will not be going through the whole threads which reeks of who I now refer to " The Infamous Dr.(not) case"!! 55555555!

Oh, I guess I could be bothered to plug just a bit more, again re-quoting someone who said something which says it all , and for once this guy has a pretty reputable and respectfully reputation of the definition of IQ, "someone who repeats the same mistake over and over EXPECTING ANOTHER RESULT, when keep up doing it, is the definition of insanity! AGAIN! And if still the good Dr. Hasn't understood , must I really go fetch my p.c, to make it easier to do this plugging?

P.S. Any moderators, you are more than welcome to delete and etc, but I'm actually for individuals, both for those not understanding , are just naive and I should mention anyone who might have a personality disorder to

kind to be doing it!

And again, WOW! "Irony IS a bitch"!

post-208235-13996805381478_thumb.jpg

I'm not even going to read the thread - I expect that the OP has been severely flamed and now understands that some TVers dont just hate Thailand and its people - they hate pretty much everything that doesnt look and act just like them. In some cases, they aren't that keen on the guy in the mirror either. That said, I can see where some of the venting threads originate - the traffic and some serial idiots ruin it for the rest of us. Saw a cowboy on a motorbike last night endangering the lives of everyone around him just so that he could get past the gridlock on his side of the road - too bad about the poor old bugger pedalling his pushbike (!) in the other direction while our hero wove in and out of the traffic. Makes my blood boil, but I dont see everyone here in the same light - maybe I just need more time ;)

• Like 1

I'm not even going to read the thread - I expect that the OP has been severely flamed and now understands that some TVers dont just hate Thailand and its people - they hate pretty much everything that doesnt look and act just like them. In some cases, they aren't that keen on the guy in the mirror either. That said, I can see where some of the venting threads originate - the traffic and some serial idiots ruin it for the rest of us. Saw a cowboy on a motorbike last night endangering the lives of everyone around him just so that he could get past the gridlock on his side of the road - too bad about the poor old bugger pedalling his pushbike (!) in the other direction while our hero wove in and out of the traffic. Makes my blood boil, but I dont see everyone here in the same light - maybe I just need more time wink.png

I don't feel flamed. This is basically the way things go here. One time on here, some people were discussing the price of vienna sausages or something and next thing you know one guy was calling the other out to a physical fight.

I mean, the way passions are inflamed on TV never cease to amaze me.

Quite overwhelming this is, the pattern that has been emerging, and is now soon, so pathetic that it's actually gone far enough to be used in valid statistics!

I would like re quote your own quote which is which says it all, "iq , forum members and TV" ! Of-course this isn't even a quote, just a "keep on digging your own grave", if I'm allowed to make up "a game I like to play", exept mine is based on actually I.Q.! Yours is of-course, more and more sadly the case of the opposite!

If you still don't understand the traps you keep falling into, and a hint here and there, being "to unkind". Is an understatement in a dillusional way!

I don't think you are stupid, Laura, but as you r called here "Dr,Laura", you are , I'm sorry to say NOT!

I'm plugging on my phone, and actually I will not be going through the whole threads which reeks of who I now refer to " The Infamous Dr.(not) case"!! 55555555!

Oh, I guess I could be bothered to plug just a bit more, again re-quoting someone who said something which says it all , and for once this guy has a pretty reputable and respectfully reputation of the definition of IQ, "someone who repeats the same mistake over and over EXPECTING ANOTHER RESULT, when keep up doing it, is the definition of insanity! AGAIN! And if still the good Dr. Hasn't understood , must I really go fetch my p.c, to make it easier to do this plugging?

P.S. Any moderators, you are more than welcome to delete and etc, but I'm actually for individuals, both for those not understanding , are just naive and I should mention anyone who might have a personality disorder to

kind to be doing it!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1399680538.044249.jpg

Writing "555555555" and laughing at your own "jokes" doesn't make what you have to say funny. Honest.

You've tried awfully hard to be cryptic and witty but you've just tied yourself up in knots.

Misfiring synapses, perhaps?

Put the bong down

EXACTLY what i was thinking.

Seriously now, what business does a 65 year old man have wanting a 20 year old partner.

Keyword: partner (not just someone for sex).

Alas, and therein lies the rub. OLD men come to Thailand to have stupidly young women on their arms..with very little in common, and very little to say to each other.

"so what?" some may say, and fair enough. But if you think it is "normal" and does not appear utterly ridiculous, even in the eyes of Thai people, you are being blinkered.

No..Thai ladies do not prefer a man the age of their grandad for a partner, no matter what lines you have been fed.

Gawd whatever..carry on .

You obviously have not seen any of the many "dating/ marriage ads on this very page, where extremely attractive and obviously in their 20s women are seeking men "up to 60". Seems pretty normal for that segment of the population.

There is nothing sexier to a 20 year old Thai woman than a 60+ year old man.

In fact..70+ really gets them going.

Totally normal yep smile.png

55% of the women in the world have arranged marriages with a 6% divorce rate. Based on percent I guess arranged marriages would be normal. I think what you are writing about is your culture which I don't think we are in right now are we? First comes marriage then comes love I believe is the norm world wide for the majority.

• Like 1

55% of the women in the world have arranged marriages with a 6% divorce rate. Based on percent I guess arranged marriages would be normal. I think what you are writing about is your culture which I don't think we are in right now are we? First comes marriage then comes love I believe is the norm world wide for the majority.

Arranged marriage comes from familypressure and divorce leads to loss of face/shame upon the family so i guess, mostly women, stay married legally out of fear.

• Like 2

Arranged marriage comes from familypressure and divorce leads to loss of face/shame upon the family so i guess, mostly women, stay married legally out of fear.

Fear is the only reason I stayed married. All of the doctors I know stay married for the same reason. Rupert is spending about 2 billion per divorce. I know he has a lot of cash but losing 2 billion would really scare me.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

Fear is the only reason I stayed married. All of the doctors I know stay married for the same reason.

Now now....dont know what doctors specifically have to do with this...but it must be true when u write it...

What percentage of those are characterised by a 40 or 50 year age gap?

Fear is the only reason I stayed married. All of the doctors I know stay married for the same reason.

Now now....dont know what doctors specifically have to do with this...but it must be true when u write it...

Mostly doctors I've know have married poor in med school and then built up a practice and fortune by hard work. So a divorce is rarely with a pre nup and the spouse gets 50% of whatever was earned since the marriage took place that's why I mentioned doctors as opposed to rich playboys who would normally have a good lawyer and good prenup.

• Like 1

Among Farang marrying Thai women? I don't know. Do you? I would think in the majority of mixed marriages it is the parents wish the daughter marry a rich Farang (not all but a majority). So, similar to an arranged marriage but by type as opposed to specific person. I would imagine the older the better for such a union.

Dear op,

I didnt bother to read through all those pages of ranting and I hope you will find mine back between all these...

I read a lot of tv upon coming here on diffrent accounts, some people are great helpfull people especially in specified forums but, the gross posting in general forums are helpless sick fartsss. almost weekly I consider quitting tv but it is an addiction, the fun reading about idiots and the quest in finding helpfull posts inbetween the trolz and idiots makes it al entertaining in a certain way, more so then farm ville, cookie run or any of those games

also most of the news comes from here which is good

• Like 1

Among Farang marrying Thai women? I don't know. Do you? I would think in the majority of mixed marriages it is the parents wish the daughter marry a rich Farang (not all but a majority). So, similar to an arranged marriage but by type as opposed to specific person. I would imagine the older the better for such a union.

This is what I mean about you . . . you just make this shit up as you go along, don't you?

You're trying to insinuate that "arranged marriages" - in the context most of us understand them - are the norm here between FARANG and Thai and they're not.

Most farang who come here for brides haven't negotiated with their potential acquisition's parents from afar and you bloody well know it.

Honestly, there is no length to which you won't go to justify what you did or still do (without your wife's knowledge, I'd imagine), is there?

Your credibility, such as it ever was, is stretched beyond belief

This is what I mean about you . . . you just make this shit up as you go along, don't you?

You're trying to insinuate that "arranged marriages" - in the context most of us understand them - are the norm here between FARANG and Thai and they're not.

Most farang who come here for brides haven't negotiated with their potential acquisition's parents from afar and you bloody well know it.

Honestly, there is no length to which you won't go to justify what you did or still do (without your wife's knowledge, I'd imagine), is there?

You wrote, "Most farang who come here for brides haven't negotiated with their potential acquisition's parents"

Not that is just not true and you know it.biggrin.png

From what I have seen, arranged marriage in Thailand is usually between the bride and the groom.

Sometimes parents are involved, but they are usually following the wishes of the bride.

Western men may think they are negotiating with the parents, but often they aren't.

I don't know your knowledge of arranged marriage, but western aristocracy were the ones who worked from a distance.

Indian arranged marriage is different, Thai different again.

Every culture has it's own way of doing things.

Oups, sorry this cell again!

Point is that many or most of these dating sites are a scam in many ways, at least I don't generalise it! But ALLOT is only monetizing it has nothing to do with "dating"!!

But for the sake of it, maybe there r some dating sites that honestly try to "make people date""!

They fail miserably!

In Saudi it's acceptable for a 70 year old man to marry a teenager ( arranged marriage of course ).

Guess you don' believe in freedom of the individual or in this case... women.

kind to be doing it!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1399680538.044249.jpg

Writing "555555555" and laughing at your own "jokes" doesn't make what you have to say funny. Honest.

You've tried awfully hard to be cryptic and witty but you've just tied yourself up in knots.

Misfiring synapses, perhaps?

Put the bong down

Hello, GRUMPY. 555555555

You just gave EXACTLY The kind of reaction Asked for!!

And regarding synapses, which I SERIOUSLY doubt You have any of, of-course because

You dont have as many as normal people!

Im not gonna Explain Whats up with The "cryptic" , Im not allowed by any standards to Explain to You

Much of xxxxx You must be to find this cryptic, I surely dosent hope it goes for everybody???? Frankly I dont Know Whats so cryptic about it, UNLESS He/she is more (stubborn, un-willing, stupid???) than The good old Dr. Lara!

Ok, In short, what was/is this thread about!! .????

When somebody obviously have/should have stopped arguing, not argue like its The end of The world!

Perhaps some "cryptic, W.T.F.? Is that??) YOUR own stupidity!!

But perhaps You and The good old Dr lara/you? Share The same brain, so to speak! Hahahahahahaha !!!

Laugh at others, Laugh at YOUR self, live longer!!!

Stop FLAMING, and all other activities that de-rail The thread!!

There is a difference between injecting some humour, Even When somebody dont understand!!

P.S.

"Bong"???? PLEASE SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, idiot, I wont Accept any insinuations, childish remarks about

Drugs, which of all things DOES NOT BELONG HERE!

I must assume You are a drug user???? I had to look up "bong" , before I realized that it is Something

Usedvanlig for The smoking of marihuana, which is illegal!

But since You do smake it, can You stop, or are You addicted???

If its allowed, maybe You can make a thread about that???

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Where do you get from my post that I favor or don't favor anything? Max you are making things up. If you want to ask my opinion I'll give it to you though.

I have had two arranged marriages. The first was arranged by a father with a shotgun and the second was arranged by a father with a shotgun, I don't like arranged marriages. biggrin.png I don't care anything about sexist stuff. People is people. I don't like arranged marriages for men or women.

Now on the other hand if you were asking if most of the world has arranged marriages, well yes they do. My like or dislike of the concept has never been asked for.

Where do you get from my post that I favor or don't favor anything? Max you are making things up. If you want to ask my opinion I'll give it to you though.

I have had two arranged marriages. The first was arranged by a father with a shotgun and the second was arranged by a father with a shotgun, I don't like arranged marriages. biggrin.png I don't care anything about sexist stuff. People is people. I don't like arranged marriages for men or women.

Now on the other hand if you were asking if most of the world has arranged marriages, well yes they do. My like or dislike of the concept has never been asked for.

TLT is correct, posters continually hold up western ideals and morality as the norm, or the majority.

In reality the western world is the minority way, about 17% of the world population.

Most of the world are from the Asian and Indian continents.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

TLT is correct, posters continually hold up western ideals and morality as the norm, or the majority.

In reality the western world is the minority way, about 17% of the world population.

Mmkay, so according to you these women have chosen to follow the doctrine set by their culture or family, voluntarily... And you know this how?

Mmkay, so according to you these women have chosen to follow the doctrine set by their culture or family, voluntarily... And you know this how?

What difference does voluntarily make? I do 10 things a day that I don't want to do.

The problem with narrow minded folks is they think there is only one way of doing things and that their way is the correct way.

It may be the correct way. Maybe you have freedom of choice and only do what you want to do. OK. The majority of the world is not free. I make no moral judgments about others. Just because the majority of the world has arranged marriages does not mean it is right. I don't think anyone said that.

• Like 1

What difference does voluntarily make? I do 10 things a day that I don't want to do.

The problem with narrow minded folks is they think there is only one way of doing things and that their way is the correct way.

It may be the correct way. Maybe you have freedom of choice and only do what you want to do. OK. The majority of the world is not free. I make no moral judgments about others. Just because the majority of the world has arranged marriages does not mean it is right. I don't think anyone said that.

I hope you are joking when you compare your trivial daily dilemmas to arranged marriages.

Young uneducated women don't know their choices as they haven't been shown them yet. Too often lured with the hopes of the promise land which turns out to be nth but a sex deal. Now if they know their choices and still do it, then by all means.

I hope you are joking when you compare your trivial daily dilemmas to arranged marriages.

Young uneducated women don't know their choices as they haven't been shown them yet. Too often lured with the hopes of the promise land which turns out to be nth but a sex deal. Now if they know their choices and still do it, then by all means.

Who cares? My statement was, the majority of women in the world get married by arrangement.

To get back on topic. Do you still live here?

Arranged marriages as you mentioned to consolidate land holdings or business dealings are common here. It must freak you out especially thinking marriage is a sex deal.

My advice would be to forget it. It's not your country. You are never going to be Thai.

• Like 1

I know many educated women in arranged marriages, doctors, nurses, teachers, etc.

80% of the world population do arranged marriage, full spectrum of social status, wealth and education.

You really do have a limited view on life in the rest of the world.