Jeremy Clarkson is 'caught on camera using N-word'

webfact

I can go to YouTube right now and watch a bunch of very wealthy black people using the "N" word.

Some lyricist writes the words to a song.

The record label or singer selects the song.

The singer sings it and the record label promotes it with millions of dollars.

The adoring fans go to the concerts and sing along to the words.

They purchase the CDs and jam all day while playing violent video games.

They tweet each other using the "N" word and take great joy in using terms like "cracker" and such.

Now they all get upset when a "cracker" uses it (I'm not black... can I say that? Can I even say Black? Oh dear.) It seems that only a black person knows how to use the "N" word in such a manner that it is appropriate. It is their word (i.e. Ebonics). They own the copyright to it, and no other race can use it.

A racist word, by definition, cannot and should not be used at all. If the ones offended are using this word in any other sense, then they need to level the same amount of fairness towards anyone who uses that word, and put any racist emphasis on a moratorium until said offended people (or race of people) can cease and desist twisting a racist word into a legitimate Ebonics lexicon, and to be an example to the thing they say they are offended about when it is not a black person offending them.

Occasionally... maybe three or four times a year, I will hear a non-black person say this word. Frequently, almost every time and with repetitiveness, I will hear any black person in a group of black people use this word. Even black comedians can't resist to make this an event, or to bring the race issue up in their monologue.

Hence, it is not our problem. It ceases to be a racist word whenever the ones offended take that word and use it as a formal or informal part of their language when they come together, or tweet, or sing, etc.

Singling out a white man for saying something that is a common part of the offended parties utterances is reverse-racism. Whether or not he said it with any intent of malice or ignorance is invalidated by the hypocrisy and ludicrous ignorance of the ones who say they are offended.

In closing, I guess the question should be, "Who says this word, and the word, "cracker" (Jeantel, Travon's friend on the witness stand) or "whitey" (Michelle Obama when bumped into by a supporter) the most publicly?".

The question should not be, "Who accidentally said the "N" word in a moment of private conversation, and was caught by some clever, sneaky person violating their candid moment?".

My guess would be, on a daily basis, around 1,000 to 1, and a million to one on the Tweets.

Simply my take on the issue.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, one could be forgiven for being cynical in thinking that TVF are hoping for another 36 pager like the previous Clarkson thread. All those hits, happy days, coffee1.gif

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

Read what is going on in UK schools because of Islam.

You don't want to know what is going on in Austrian schools and kindergarten: Santa Claus is banned. Everything pork is banned. Once the Christian kids got some pork Schnitzel and it was on the same table as the halal.....The poor teacher (also female which makes it worse) had to be removed from the school (I think for her own safety).

• Like 1

Heavens to Betsy, the "N" word! Some people are just too sensitive. I was called a convict the other day.

I believe you are missing the point here, and making light of something real. The N word is equivalent to kike, krout, spic, wetback, and any of a number of slanderous terms used to denigrate people who are not as white as you may be. It is offensive. It is disrespectful. What is so hard about seeing why public figures should not behave like this? Is that so difficult to see? He should be taken off the air, and never allowed to be on the air again, for the rest of his life. The public forum has no room for men of his level of ignorance, and stupidity. Did he not know he was being taped? A public figure has to assume he is always being taped. Their behavior has to be to a higher standard. Plain and simple. The guy is a creton. He is an insect. His lack of respect for people darker than him is childish, churlish, pathetic, and irresponsible. Get rid of this vermin.

• Like 2

I have heard a rumour the local Muslims want to build a mosque in the middle of the TG test track, want a "Burka" Stig and will require the TG boys to test drive camels

Hello. You're anonymous here on Thai Visa, and you've put up your view. Are you on Facebook ? Are you on Twitter ?

I'ill give you credit for having real balls IF you write this sort of thing on Facebook or Twitter !! smile.png

Think the only Twit on here is you, why are you copy and pasting the same response to different posters ?

Whats your other cut and paste comment " Suthep is a fascist"

Soutpeel, I'm copying and pasting the same response to two different posters, because I reckoned that both these posters need the same response ! :)

And no, I don't think Suthep is a fascist, I reckon he's some bloke that's been trotted out by a group who are the 'real power' behind him.

Enough about Suthep, back to your joke about test-driving camels. I'm not actually having a pop at you for making this joke. I know loads of people in the bars that have the same jokes, or jokes and comments that are even more 'poltically in-correct'. My point is, you won't be putting up this type of comment on Facebook or Twitter, because you're conscious of the fact that most of your 'friends' and 'viewers' do actually feel that THIS IS actually slightly offensive. Yes, you reckon it's harmless fun, but you know that some of these people don't think it's harmless fun. Now, you don't want to upset your Facebook friends do you ?

You wouldn't want them thinking that you might be a racist and a bigot, or at best, you're a man who doesn't care if people around you are offended or annoyed.

And no, I don't think that you MUST be a nasty and racist man because you've put up your joke. I know loads of people just like you, but who still eat curry in Indian restaurants, and kebabs, and who don't cause problems when they're in those places ! :)

Heavens to Betsy, the "N" word! Some people are just too sensitive. I was called a convict the other day.

I believe you are missing the point here, and making light of something real. The N word is equivalent to kike, krout, spic, wetback, and any of a number of slanderous terms used to denigrate people who are not as white as you may be. It is offensive. It is disrespectful. What is so hard about seeing why public figures should not behave like this? Is that so difficult to see? He should be taken off the air, and never allowed to be on the air again, for the rest of his life. The public forum has no room for men of his level of ignorance, and stupidity. Did he not know he was being taped? A public figure has to assume he is always being taped. Their behavior has to be to a higher standard. Plain and simple. The guy is a creton. He is an insect. His lack of respect for people darker than him is childish, churlish, pathetic, and irresponsible. Get rid of this vermin.

Why don't you exercise this degree of morality towards the black community around the world?

Why level it at a white person? I understand that this OP is about a white guy who said the "N" word, but why don't you at least exercise your judgment even-handedly and make mention of the fact that this word and other sick words are used far more frequently by black people than by an exponentially larger group of white people?

Are you unconsciously exercising some indoctrinated thinking of yours, which assumes that white people be held to a higher standard than black people?

Are you demeaning black people and their literacy and intelligence by excluding them from such accusation as cret(i)n, insect, childish, churlish, pathetic, irresponsible and vermin?

"A public figure has to assume he is always being taped. Their behavior has to be to a higher standard."

You are describing black rappers, politicians, preachers and activists, yes?

You have a double standard, and therefore I am remiss if I make the oversight of saying that you are not being fair or even handed; Not one iota.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

You are absolute right it should not be used and even less by public figures. But is no reason to ban freedom of speech and behalf like the Soviets....

Will they also be going after all the recording stars who use this

word regularly as a lyric

I saw your Black man coming round, swear by God I'm going to shoot him

down. Neil Young

Get in that cell nigger.

Stevie Wonder

Edited by jimbeam1

It would seem that someone has really got it in for Jeremy- maybe because he is part of th Chipping Norton set- that includes Camoron, maybe they are jealous as he very rich and zooms about in Ferraris. This was not broadcast, presumably someone analysed the tapes by lip reading.

Having owned two of his dogs- they are Scottish terriers- no such thing as a black West Highland. Must admit good choice of dog- they are brilliant!

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

Like no Nativity at Christmas.

Jb1

Like no Nativity at Christmas.

Jb1

I work in schools. In UK when I've worked there Christmas is Christmas complete with nativity.

Ahhh yes, the great freedom of Speech cheesy.gif

....and some of you guys believe that should not be illegal in Thailand to say what you want rolleyes.gif Quite a double standard, I would say.

I would say a lot more, but it will get censored by some go-gooders anyway, who think they have to protect everyone else.

I will say this...when I was living on the Reserve years ago, in Canada, I had a lot of people call me honky. I could take it as a joke and laugh with them or I could punch them in the head, but not once did I go whining to their Elders or anyone else about it.

If something is not done mean spirited and without intend to harm, I have no problem with it at all.

We don't all look the same, we are not all the same gender, or the same sex orientation. There is nothing wrong with being "different". Variety is the spice of life.

To point out the differences, in fun (for both parties involved) ways, is fine, as far as I am concerned. To do it with the intention to put the other person down or to cause them harm, is not o.k.

Society, in my opinion, has gone way overboard with it's so called "Political Correctness". I see nothing wrong with old nursery rhymes, great literature of old, such as Mark Twains writings, etc. and to me, the thing that covers the pipes under the road, will always be a "Manhole Cover". I heard, they were even talking about changing the name for that, in the West rolleyes.gif

What a crazy world we live in. wai2.gif

You are absolute right it should not be used and even less by public figures. But is no reason to ban freedom of speech and behalf like the Soviets....

Not using racist language is not a breach of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech allows one to express their views, thoughts, opinions, philosophy, whatever without fear of persecution. However this right does not give you the licence to belittle and demean others with derogatory terms and language. If you use this right to persecute and incite hatred towards others it is an abuse of freedom of speech. Racism does this. (Yes I know jc wasn't doing this. He may not be a racist but he is an idiot who needs to learn that some language is hateful and should not be used).

• Like 2

Jeremy has simply used an opportunity to demonstrate how differently people think today. Using a rhyme that everyone in his age group used as children any time a arbitrary decision needed to be made (in this instance choosing between a Toyota or a Subaru).

Using it in this fashion, he brilliantly displayed how something which was meaningless in its day has become utterly shocking at present, regardless of context. Of course on the same channel copious amounts of violence and sexual content, not to mention previously banned words that previously would have brought the BBC down to ashes; are shown without comment or objection.

The times have changed, but people are still desperate to show their offence over something. It is like wearing name brand products. It says "I am switched on and superior".

• Like 2

Did the shackle marks give you away ?

Do you actually think slavery ever went away?

http://seankerrigan.com/five-stunning-facts-about-americas-prison-system-you-havent-heard/

Slavery is as old as prostitution as is racism and it will never go away.post-192685-0-00477300-1398923073_thumb.

• Like 1

Are there any n****** here tonight? Could you turn on the house lights, please, and could the waiters and waitresses just stop serving, just for a second? And turn off this spot. Now what did he say? "Are there any n****** here tonight?" I know there's one n*****, because I see him back there working. Let's see, there's two n******. And between those two n****** sits a ky**. And there's another ky**— that's two ky*** and three n******. And there's a sp**. Right? Hmm? There's another sp**. Ooh, there's a w**; there's a p*****; and, oh, a couple of greaseballs. And there's three lace-curtain Irish mi***. And there's one, hip, thick, hunky, funky, boogie. Boogie boogie. Mm-hmm. I got three ky**** here, do I hear five ky****? I got five ky***, do I hear six sp****, I got six sp****, do I hear seven n******? I got seven ******. Sold American. I pass with seven n******, six sp***, five micks, four ky***, three gu*****, and one w***. Well, I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness. Dig: if President Kennedy would just go on television, and say, "I would like to introduce you to all the n****** in my cabinet," and if he'd just say "n***** , n*****, n*****, n*****, n*****" to every n***** he saw, "boogie, boogie, boogie, boogie,boogie," "n*****,n*****n*****, n*****, n*****." 'til n***** didn't mean anything anymore, then you could never make some six-year-old black kid cry because somebody called him a n***** at school.

Lenny Bruce

Words only hurt if you let them.

• Like 1

JC really is an idiot. He sees nothing harmful in what he does and believes he alone has the right to lecture the world on what is right and wrong. Let's face it, it's the foundation on which he has built his whole journalistic and TV career.

Can't learn, won't learn. So arrogant he thinks he can do no wrong.

So, both of you guys have a Lot in common... Snigger .. Snigger ...giggle.gif

I feel for you,I was called a white honky.Oh my god was I upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife calls me "Khun Magic Farang". Should I be offended?

Could we stop quoting the Daily Mail, please.

Could we also stop raking Clarkson over red hot coals with broken glass in it due to rumors and so called evidence.

JC really is an idiot. He sees nothing harmful in what he does and believes he alone has the right to lecture the world on what is right and wrong. Let's face it, it's the foundation on which he has built his whole journalistic and TV career.

Can't learn, won't learn. So arrogant he thinks he can do no wrong.

So, both of you guys have a Lot in common... Snigger .. Snigger ...giggle.gif

Nope. However find a mirror................