Road-rage Bangkok bus driver lynched, stabbed

webfact

Road-rage bus driver lynched, stabbed
The Nation

30232707-01_big.jpg?1398987782677
30232707-03_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A BUS DRIVER was lynched and fatally stabbed after he allegedly stole a minibus and crashed into 12 vehicles - including four taxies, a motorcycle and a fruit-vending cart - during a road-rage incident in the heart of Bangkok early yesterday.

Sirisak Saengsri, 19, died at Police Hospital after being stabbed four times.

Police were in the dark over who stabbed him as footage from a security camera showed that dozens of people went up the bus and attacked him.

Police said Sirisak, who worked on minibus No 1 on the Thanon Tok-Tha Tien route, took out one of the buses from the Mitr Transport Co depot on Soi Charoen Krung 11 on Wednesday night without permission and started a road-rage incident that ended at around 2am.

Pol Lt-Colonel Thanet Meethong, an inspector at Lumpini Police Station, said police had learned from witnesses and crash evidence that Sirisak drove from the depot along Charoen Krung Road heading to Rama I Road and then to the Ratchaprasong intersection and Phloenchit Road.

It was during the trip that he smashed into the 12 vehicles.

The bus hit at least two taxis in front of the Gaysorn Plaza, and Sirisak sped away to the Chidlom intersection and hit a fruit vending cart.

He then made a turn |down Rajdamri Road and hit another taxi driven by Somsri Talodpong

He then hit a motorcycle ridden by Sompoi Wangkhiri, 37, who was severely injured.

The collision with the motorcycle forced the bus to stop in front of the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel where Sirisak was killed.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-02

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange thing is, when the real bus drivers cause death and mayhem, they go scott free. (14 or more deaths)

This non bus driver gets lynched, stabbed, and kicked to death. (One serious Injury)

Well, I will just wait for the typical "T.I.T" responses...that explains it.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 2

Where were the BIB? Either to stop/limit the carnage the driver was committing, or to prevent the mob from lynching/stabbing him? This incident must have lasted some considerable time, surely at least one BIB must have seen or been aware of it happening.

Useless Pratts!

The BIB were probably standing on the other side of the road watching.

I say that because I saw a similar incident a year or so ago on Thong Lor. A motorcyclist was hit by a car. The motorcycle taxi guys dragged the driver out of the car and beat him up. Two police officers just stood on the opposite side of the road and didn't bother to intervene until the violence died down.

So.... if you are ever involved in an accident..... RUN!

• Like 2

Increasingly Thailand seems to be following in the foot steps of China , some of the most bizarre things you can't imagine happen up there, from a bus driver reversing up a freeway 2klms because he over shot the turn off to 150 T (would believe) on a truck , falling through a bridge, bizarre incidents in Thailand are on the increase the police are useless at whatever they do ,so these out bursts will likely increase over time, as the country falls gradually into moral decline.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The Police are in the Dark

Thailand bus hit vehicles

Person Stabbed many witnesses but killer gets away.

Wow we have the Trifecta here xWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pn

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 1

Where were the BIB? Either to stop/limit the carnage the driver was committing, or to prevent the mob from lynching/stabbing him? This incident must have lasted some considerable time, surely at least one BIB must have seen or been aware of it happening.

Useless Pratts!

so you think there were no police present ? - I have learned one thing here in Thailand, never believe what is written in a news story

How do you think this would go down on the world stage..........Headline

"Police stand by while a mob attack and murder a bus driver in central Bangkok"

I kid you not

Increasingly Thailand seems to be following in the foot steps of China , some of the most bizarre things you can't imagine happen up there, from a bus driver reversing up a freeway 2klms because he over shot the turn off to 150 T (would believe) on a truck , falling through a bridge, bizarre incidents in Thailand are on the increase the police are useless at whatever they do ,so these out bursts will likely increase over time, as the country falls gradually into moral decline.coffee1.gif

That may be true but driving standards in China are generally better than in Thailand from my own observations (I drive in both countries and hold licenses for both). Chinese drivers are generally slower and saner than Thai drivers, though they are more impatient and use their owns quite liberally.

• Like 1

This is setting a very dangerous precedent where a lynch mob get away scot free, today it this deranged

young man, whose to say that tomorrow it going to be just a normal citizen who would be involve

in a similar accident albeit innocent? would he lynched too? how about a farang being lynched?

where dose it end?

Precedent was set a long long time ago.

Useless Pratts!

They stay out of it as the mob deliver justice.

I rather like the judicial system in this country.

Heres hoping you get some for a comment like that.

• Like 2

Seems like the junction with the Erewan shrine is becoming a hub of lynching and public outrage.

Wasn't it a few years ago that some poor unfortunate man was beaten to death at the shrine. Turned out he was mentally unbalanced. I can't remember exactly what he did that enfuriated the crowds there to inflict such violence on him.

Useless Pratts!

They stay out of it as the mob deliver justice.

I rather like the judicial system in this country.

How can you say such a stupid thing?

Maybe in this case the guy was guilty but the incident I saw a few years back the motorist was not to blame, but the mob beat him up very badly.

I just hope you never get involved in anything like that.

''incident I saw a few years back the motorist was not to blame, but the mob beat him up very badly.''

And some years back, an accused man was not to blame, but the slow and expensive justice system sent him to death row and executed him.

The medieval approach more expeditive....

(But certainly not better)

• Like 1

Thailand is lawless, It does not even have a Govt. It is descending into anarchy.

With behaviour like this.....Thailand is in a very precarious position now....to a degree, lawless....useless police force and useless administrators! Anarchy follows

• Like 2