Road-rage Bangkok bus driver lynched, stabbed

webfact

thai people who possibly lossed their livelyhood, might have tought: the insurance will not pay, nobody will pay

so this crazy bastard will pay with his life

thai buddism and all

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were the BIB? Either to stop/limit the carnage the driver was committing, or to prevent the mob from lynching/stabbing him? This incident must have lasted some considerable time, surely at least one BIB must have seen or been aware of it happening.

Useless Pratts!

CCTV is on a different channel to the mind-numbing retard shows these champions of justice were watching while on duty

• Like 2

Where were the BIB? Either to stop/limit the carnage the driver was committing, or to prevent the mob from lynching/stabbing him? This incident must have lasted some considerable time, surely at least one BIB must have seen or been aware of it happening.

Useless Pratts!

so you think there were no police present ? - I have learned one thing here in Thailand, never believe what is written in a news story

How do you think this would go down on the world stage..........Headline

"Police stand by while a mob attack and murder a bus driver in central Bangkok"

I kid you not

I don't know Thai laws on this issue and I don't know them for Western countries other than my own.

But the US Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no duty to protect you. That seems fair to me. Why should a couple of, or even a handful of police wade into a deadly and enraged crowd at the peril of their own lives? Should they stop a bullet meant for you with their own body?

No, they will call for reinforcements and probably get a SWAT team there in this situation. If there are finally enough police with enough equipment...

It will be too late.

Thank you. You are the first poster to use common sense. Police should not enter a hostile mob situation without sufficient force. Do you think one cop...two cops...even four cops can hold off a mob of 20? The only way that is possible is of they start shooting Thai's and then the mob at the injustice of a police shooting will make this mob look like nothing. And for what? To save the life of someone who was just witnessed to cause numerous harmful acts.

What about military checkposts in this area? They have a large presence.

Everyone is so quick here to share their dislike of cops that its ridiculous. Cops are blamed FOR acting and they are blamed for NOT acting.

But please tell me how one of you would have stopped this mob alone if you were a Thai cop.

Please share your expertise.

• Like 2

finally....FINALLY...thai are standing up to these bullies ,taxi drivers and scooter and boat operators...mabey things will get better.....one small step for thailand one giant step for mankind.....

Now we know why they always flee the scene when there's a crash.

Yes, we know. The complete inability, and unwillingness to take responsibility for ones actions. Notice how infrequently this kind of act is committed by women? The parents in this country are going to have to start telling their sons: "You are nothing special. You are like everyone else. You have responsibilities to others. You must work hard. Nobody is going to look after you later in life. You must take charge. You must act mature. Your sisters are just as special as you. They will probably work harder, be more honest, and exhibit more of the characters that help to build society, so you are no big deal at all".

Mike, you nailed it. The Thai male is spoiled from the moment of birth beyond all reason--their mothers dote on them to no end. The Thai woman is little more than a slave from birth and it doesn't get better.

Please correct me if I am wrong but from what I have seen and heard the court system favors the man/husband/father even when the mother (or mother's family) gets custody of the kids because the husband ditches them all to start a fresh new family with his new young wife. My wife was left with the kids and he got to keep the house and truck and land. The only reason she got anything is his family actually stepped up and spoke for her.

I see old women left to carry groceries while a husband or strong son walks in front of her with empty hands. They don't even hold doors open for the women who are carrying the load.

Women here are raised to think this is how it should be and they perpetuate it by spoiling their sons and the cycle goes on.

Agree 100%.

• Like 1

Yes, we know. The complete inability, and unwillingness to take responsibility for ones actions. Notice how infrequently this kind of act is committed by women? The parents in this country are going to have to start telling their sons: "You are nothing special. You are like everyone else. You have responsibilities to others. You must work hard. Nobody is going to look after you later in life. You must take charge. You must act mature. Your sisters are just as special as you. They will probably work harder, be more honest, and exhibit more of the characters that help to build society, so you are no big deal at all".

Mike, you nailed it. The Thai male is spoiled from the moment of birth beyond all reason--their mothers dote on them to no end. The Thai woman is little more than a slave from birth and it doesn't get better.

Please correct me if I am wrong but from what I have seen and heard the court system favors the man/husband/father even when the mother (or mother's family) gets custody of the kids because the husband ditches them all to start a fresh new family with his new young wife. My wife was left with the kids and he got to keep the house and truck and land. The only reason she got anything is his family actually stepped up and spoke for her.

I see old women left to carry groceries while a husband or strong son walks in front of her with empty hands. They don't even hold doors open for the women who are carrying the load.

Women here are raised to think this is how it should be and they perpetuate it by spoiling their sons and the cycle goes on.

'and the cycle goes on'

So, so true.

With friends the other day, the wife and I were sitting, chatting when suddenly she retorts this exact same thing in a conversation about Thai society. She's not an old and bitter woman been left with kids by a Thai but she is very quick to state what is wrong this society and often bickers with her mother about her brothers (her mothers teaches sociology, haha but is so blind to the outside world, sorry mum, love you really)

So unfortunately, the ladies we love and adore are directly keeping this cycle going. TIT

Strange thing is, when the real bus drivers cause death and mayhem, they go scott free. (14 or more deaths)

This non bus driver gets lynched, stabbed, and kicked to death. (One serious Injury)

Well, I will just wait for the typical "T.I.T" responses...that explains it.

As savage as this mob's action were, the kid was beaten and stabbed to death, nowhere in other reports does it say he was lynched. But makes yet another nice headline for TV.

Being beaten and stabbed to death, or killed in any other manner, by an enraged mob is called a lynching so it is an accurate headline.

According to my Collins Dictionary. Lynching.......To put to death without trial.

So then he was lynched for sure !

Not so long ago i came upon an old frightened lady in the middle of a busy road trying to cross, whilst safely on the other side were two men telling her to hurry up. I got off my scooter, held her hand and helped her across. And all the time these two men were laughing at me..................<deleted> grubs.

• Like 2

The mob did not murder the driver ,the delivered justice on him .

In a very effective way,congratulations.

No. They murdered him. I hope whoever was responsible is caught and spends a long time in gaol. Mob rule and vigilantism is no justice at all.

• Like 2

The mob did not murder the driver ,the delivered justice on him .

In a very effective way,congratulations.

No. They murdered him. I hope whoever was responsible is caught and spends a long time in gaol. Mob rule and vigilantism is no justice at all.

To say the least whistling.gif

Thailand is lawless, It does not even have a Govt. It is descending into anarchy.

It was hardly political, constitutional and democratic nirvana with either of the Shinawatras at the helm.

That said, as a recent poll of young people showed, graft and corruption are almost universally accepted as part and parcel of life, in other words, @#$% you mate, I'll do whatever it takes.

When that view is so pervasive in society, regardless of whether a govt is in place or not, lawlessness is a given

This is setting a very dangerous precedent where a lynch mob get away scot free, today it this deranged

young man, whose to say that tomorrow it going to be just a normal citizen who would be involve

in a similar accident albeit innocent? would he lynched too? how about a farang being lynched?

where dose it end?

" whose [sic] to say that tomorrow it [sic] going to be just a normal [sic] citizen who would be involve [sic]

in a similar accident albeit innocent? would he [sic] lynched too? how about a farang being lynched?

where dose [sic] it end?"

Outside of your imagination it's a single incident. The border between reality and your delusional imagination seems a bit blurred. Most of your posts seem to verge on the hysterical ... in both senses of the word.

"a similar accident albeit innocent?"

Similar? Stealing a minibus and taking out 12 vehicles and injuring people? Innocent?

Do you sit at your computer trying to manufacture bizarre scenarios to fuel your seemingly permanent outrage?

Edited by Suradit69

An educated guess, that meth was part of his road rage. There is a lot of this type of madness where I live. Caused by meth, ice or whatever.

Interesting result.

You may also notice, they're also always harder on their own, poor, than us.

Nothing in it for the police or anybody else.

Keep your heads down.

Thai vigilante activity will be significantly increased. This is what happens when you have in ineffective or nonfunctional police.

This is a sign of extreme stress in society. No compassion, no care, no fear of the law, just revenge and violence..

Not a good omen.

"Not a good omen."

It's a single incident. The only thing it portends is a concentration of Thai Visa drama queens exposing themselves.

tumblr_m8zg1sbcoy1qatq26o1_500-e13774346

• Like 1

This the outcome when Thais hunt in a pack, RIP to the bus driver perhaps he should have checked his brakes prior to starting his journey and been able to stop after his first bump rather than continue hitting more vehicles.

Increasingly Thailand seems to be following in the foot steps of China , some of the most bizarre things you can't imagine happen up there, from a bus driver reversing up a freeway 2klms because he over shot the turn off to 150 T (would believe) on a truck , falling through a bridge, bizarre incidents in Thailand are on the increase the police are useless at whatever they do ,so these out bursts will likely increase over time, as the country falls gradually into moral decline.coffee1.gif

That may be true but driving standards in China are generally better than in Thailand from my own observations (I drive in both countries and hold licenses for both). Chinese drivers are generally slower and saner than Thai drivers, though they are more impatient and use their owns quite liberally.

Cute kids.

chinese motorbike.bmp

Edited by PHP87

Thai vigilante activity will be significantly increased. This is what happens when you have in ineffective or nonfunctional police.

This is a sign of extreme stress in society. No compassion, no care, no fear of the law, just revenge and violence..

Not a good omen.

"Not a good omen."

It's a single incident. The only thing it portends is a concentration of Thai Visa drama queens exposing themselves.

tumblr_m8zg1sbcoy1qatq26o1_500-e13774346

You don't have a feeling that Thailand is getting just a little.more violent every month.

Or is it that, it was always that violent, in which case, it was always a bloody violent place?

• Like 1

I've been telling people for years on this forum - if involved in an accident NEVER stop.

When I once had the necessity to follow your advice I did so, without harming anybody further. I was not responsible for the incident anyway

and it kept me out of bigger trouble. whistling.gif