Confined on my bed

I became very ill last year, spent some time in hospital, and several months flat on my back in bed unable to do the basics. Like you, I have a great wife who really took good care of me. I'm now in a wheelchair and can do most everything for myself within those limitations.

For last years extension, I printed the forms from my PC, and my lady completed and lodged them. She was able to get the bank letter by showing them a progress medical certificate from the hospital, and used it again at Immigration. She had no problems, they accepted her as my agent and granted the permit.

We are about to apply for my next extension on Wednesday (how time flies when you're having fun!). This time I may go along with her and sit in the car. Phuket Immigration is conveniently situated up a flight of stairs. See how we go.

Good luck with it all Colin.

• Like 1

I am going to do my next visa extension in a wheelchair. I am 83.. Have quite a few things wrong with me including cancer and eventually I will be bed bound. If so Then why should I bother with extensions anymore. My doctor would certify that I can not walk or travel . Surely they can not forcibly deport me. I post this because I probably will not be able to continue to have 800k in the bank since I might be using this money for medicine and medical expenses which are already eating away at my savings. .

i am grateful for all messages of support.I asked about visa situation for next yearm because each time my wife goes immigration, she is told different things different immigration officers. She just did my 90 day report. Where is your husband, in hospital, you said that last year -immigration officer said. My wife said yes he is still there, did -not- believe her evev with doctors certificate. they checked with hospital before givng 90 stamp.

• Like 1

i am grateful for all messages of support.I asked about visa situation for next yearm because each time my wife goes immigration, she is told different things different immigration officers. She just did my 90 day report. Where is your husband, in hospital, you said that last year -immigration officer said. My wife said yes he is still there, did -not- believe her evev with doctors certificate. they checked with hospital before givng 90 stamp.

KK imigration will accept 90 day reports by mail, so this will save your wife a lot of hassle.

I hope you will recover soon, al the best to you and your wife.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There should be no questions about her doing your 90 day reports. My wife does about all of mine without a problem and I am perfectly healthy. She has been doing it for years now.

She should be able do your extension again. Perhaps some pictures along with a new letter from your doctor will help.

Perhaps it will not be long now until you can get mobile again soon by being able to use a wheel chair.

Good luck and hope things get better for you.

((cut))

Oh, a reputable visa agent can be a big help. Some people call them visa "lawyers", but none of them here in CM are really lawyers. Or maybe there is one lawyer in the firm but the people who do the real work aren't lawyers. The going rate would be 6,000 - 10,000 baht and there is nothing illegal about what they do -- not for that small a sum. For someone who has the money, it can be great piece-of-mind, especially if someone isn't fortunate enough to have a great wife like Colin obviously has.

Actually it depends on what is being done - 6k-10k could be entirely illegal activity and you are the responsible party - much better to have wife/family doing this type of activity unless you can be very sure these (non-lawyers working for a fee) are not taking shortcuts. As below points out - even those at highest levels are going to come under increased checking with the recent Malaysia Airline fake documents from Thailand on the minds of the worlds leaders.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723289-investigation-finds-senior-immigration-police-officers-linked-to-visa-scam/?p=7769058#entry7769058

Once again, best of luck to the OP. If you live in an area with one of the smaller Immigration offices, I would recommend going in person for 90-day reports and whenever else possible to do your official business. Contrary to some of the reply comments I have received previously, they often do remember who you are when the non-routine event arises.

Edited by JLCrab

You can thank farangs scamming the system for this.Like anybody else they dont like being made to look foolish,especially by "clever"foreigners.As usual the few bad eggs make it hard for the honest guys.Good luck with your future.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry to hear that, mate. Hope you'll be able to recover as soon as possible, as i know how it is to have serious health problems here.

It worked very easy for an older German friend of mine.His wife went to the Immigration with some photographs of him lying in bed and he got his extension based on his circumstances without a problem.

Then he was on three months extensions for at least a year. All his wife had to show for another extension was photographs.

A doctor's note will be helpful, so please don't worry, think about your recovery first.

Wish you only the best from Sisaket.-wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

I agree! Take care of yourself first mate and don't worry.

A doctors note explaining your current condition and that you have been hospitalized all these months is the first step. For your 90 day, the hospital is also supposed to do that for you, but don't worry if they did not.

The photos seem like a great idea. From that your wife should be able to get everything done for you with a few signatures. I find Thai's are generally pretty sympathetic to circumstances, so even if they have to bend the rules a little, like at a bank, if they feel it is true they will do that.

Hi Colin, Please take a look at this link and see if there's anything that might help you/wife contained somewhere within it...

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/grants_search.aspx

(I'm referring to your own welfare)

HTH

• Like 1

Its not a scam. They do a legal service for a fair price that would save someone in his condition allot of running around. Have you never heard of immigration lawyers? Thats what they do and its legal.

All he will get on this forum are confusing and conflicting answers but an immigration lawyer will take care of everything including the letter from the hospital.

If he can afford to live in a hospital for 7 months he obviously can afford the lawyers fee.

Booo! Your insensitive an unfounded posting made a champion case for a dislike button !

• Like 1

Colin

Further to my post number 31.

I went to Phuket Immigration for my next retirement extension today. I sat in the car as I can't physically get up the stairs to the office.

My lady was out with my new permit in less than 20 minutes. She explained why I couldn't be there and that was good enough for the officer. No extra documents were asked for. The 400 baht tip probably helped too, but that's much cheaper than using a lawyer/agent.

Edited by Old Croc