When to buy a new car

Ok, my old car is tired and I want to buy a new car. Here's my dilemma, when should I buy one. It is now May, do the 2015 models come out in September? If they do maybe I should wait until then. Will they have clearance sales on left over 2014 models? Any new changes for 2015 models? I am looking to buy a mid size car. Looking at Cruze, Altis and Sylphy. So, when should I buy?

When the body style change a lot, some dealers use to sell the older models with large discounts. Dealers of not very popular cars like Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, Ford, GM, Proton, are more motivated in offer discounts. Personally I think that Nissan cars are great and offers a lot for the money. The Silphy is a great car for the price. At this moment the only older model that can be a good buy if you find one is the Toyota Yaris, Honda City, Ford Fiesta, and GM Cruze....The Toyota Camry body style will change soon.

There's no concept of "model years" in Thailand - the age of a car is determined by when it first got white plates. As such, there's no routine to end of year discounts or run-outs - minor/major changes happen on whatever schedule works for the manufacturer.

For some that means yearly minor/nano changes (Mitsubishi and Isuzu are the main ones doing this), for most others, it's just whatever makes sense for them.

The best time to buy is when sales are slow and the campaigns are good wink.png

That all said, in the field you're shopping in, you should probably consider the new Mazda 3 as well.

Edited by IMHO

There's no concept of "model years" in Thailand - the age of a car is determined by when it first got white plates. As such, there's no routine to end of year discounts or run-outs - minor/major changes happen on whatever schedule works for the manufacturer.

For some that means yearly minor/nano changes (Mitsubishi and Isuzu are the main ones doing this), for most others, it's just whatever makes sense for them.

The best time to buy is when sales are slow and the campaigns are good wink.png

That all said, in the field you're shopping in, you should probably consider the new Mazda 3 as well.

I just bought a 2014 Mazda 3 and paid full retail. I could have had the 2013 model for 200k less.